IGNORED

Line Messenger Tips and Tricks (how to tell if you have been blocked and other tips)

Notherenow

9 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

So we are saying it works on an iPhone with the caveat to try a number of different sticker packs or themes to be sure?

Correct about the homepage. But given the lack of technological sophistication of our lovely companions it's probably unlikely.

I don't think most of them know what setting are! 555

A go to for me is to ask them if they know their Gmail password. Most dont. But if they do its a sign they have at least a small clue

No I don't think we can say this method could be used to check if you've been blocked if you are using Line on IOS. 

As @tt2008 first posted, IOS users can not gift Paid sticker collections and when using this method with the free ones it will only determine if the intended user already has the package or not, nothing more. 

How to Unsend a message that will be deleted for you and the recipients (hopefully)

This is a new feature, was only released in November I think. But it has already saved me from getting booted out of a group twice for sending irrelevant messages.

As usual iPhoners no fucking idea!

BTW you only have 24 hours or the message is a permanent feature!

On the screen regarding notifications and updates I am referring to the recipients phone

Screenshot_2017_12_30_10_09_39.thumb.jpg.eebf838b3d425749527f50c85ff8464a.jpgScreenshot_2017_12_30_10_09_47.thumb.jpg.da9fc7f13d78ea6a4b0b813ab24ba175.jpg

Screenshot_2017_12_30_10_09_58.thumb.jpg.9081b0648290a333a847c724a5e0495c.jpg

Screenshot_2017_12_30_10_10_11.thumb.jpg.daf164f3b8de8ee0dff2b218445635f1.jpg

• Like 3

That's a good tip, and I can confirm it's the same for IOS users with the latest update, just tested it myself. 

• Like 2

Any idea how you synch or import chat history onto the PC version?
Sorry questioner.
Could you provide some more details?
Phone Brand and Model
PC OS

4 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

Sorry questioner.
Could you provide some more details?
Phone Brand and Model
PC OS

Sorry. Techie geek doesn't come naturally to me. I have built up chat history on my iPhone 5. I then installed Line on my Mac.  But the chat history is stored only on the phone and not visible when using the Mac...

Edited by wingcom1
typo

33 minutes ago, wingcom1 said:
Sorry. Techie geek doesn't come naturally to me. I have built up chat history on my iPhone 5. I then installed Line on my Mac.  But the chat history is stored only on the phone and not visible when using the Mac...

Sorry thought it was a loaded question!

There isn't an import setting for chat history on the PC version of line. But it should sync with your chat between your phone and your PC. At least Android to Windows operates this way. Virtually instantaneously. It will not bring in past chat history though.

But as this thread is quickly learning when you play in Apples walled garden there are a lot of different rules.

There are 3rd party apps that allow a readable file to be uploaded to your PC but not from within the Line PC app.

Edited by Iamkanga

46 minutes ago, wingcom1 said:

somewhere there is a sync option on your computer, did you try that?

48 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

It will not bring in past chat history though.

I got caught out this morning.  Got the Line ID from some bird on TF, did a search on the Mac app it returned 'new friend' . So I'm chatting to her on Line and it becomes apparent we met before. So I plug the ID in to Line not my phone and it retrieves all try chat.  Bit embarrassing as it was obvious to both of jus that I'd forgotten our first encounter.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, wingcom1 said:

I got caught out this morning.  Got the Line ID from some bird on TF, did a search on the Mac app it returned 'new friend' . So I'm chatting to her on Line and it becomes apparent we met before. So I plug the ID in to Line not my phone and it retrieves all try chat.  Bit embarrassing as it was obvious to both of jus that I'd forgotten our first encounter.

5a485807979ca_ScreenShot2017-12-31at10_22_27AM.thumb.jpg.8ac7d64d976c7f38844d75f56dbc7b9f.jpg

11 minutes ago, wingcom1 said:

So you have finally fucked every bird on Thai Friendly and now on repeat!

Do your current messages automatically sync with your Mac?

JH seems to have just provided what i was thinking! Cheers

Anyone have a solution for this - if I have a line Id scanned into my phone it works well. But, if my phone picks up a persons line by the persons phone number in my address book; there is no connection possible but I do see their profile (at least on surface profile). How do I activate after the line Id is picked up? I send messages to no avail. 

5 minutes ago, norton said:

Anyone have a solution for this - if I have a line Id scanned into my phone it works well. But, if my phone picks up a persons line by the persons phone number in my address book; there is no connection possible but I do see their profile (at least on surface profile). How do I activate after the line Id is picked up? I send messages to no avail. 

not sure what you mean, do you click on the + sign when getting the message added by phone number?  and then it comes up in new friends?

Edited by just hanging

Very useful thread, thank you. Good to know these tricks, especially since Line is probably my most used app in LOS.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

How to set up a Line Account with Facebook login details only

This can be useful for setting up a second account should you not have access to a second phone number. You cannot do this via your PC and need to log out of your existing account to set up the new account on your phone or tablet if that is an option.

You may be met with some extra security verifications along the way, but I have not included screen shots as they are pretty straight forward

If you want to use this account on your PC version of Line you will need to log in with a QR code (there are other ways but this is the easiest) I have included instruction in the last lot of screen shots

Screenshot_2017_12_31_09_43_33.thumb.jpg.d8636a489182919820a5f11b4e903444.jpgScreenshot_2017_12_31_09_43_41.thumb.jpg.782e090fdb91ad88ec1594c719bbe582.jpgScreenshot_2017_12_31_09_57_57.thumb.jpg.52fcf69f179e5716cb591e3148c703cb.jpgScreenshot_2017_12_31_09_45_02.thumb.jpg.e7f1481261e078c966526fbd0019eb31.jpgScreenshot_2017_12_31_09_58_43.thumb.jpg.546b4fb0bdbf70f460fad2e5298e57de.jpgScreenshot_2017_12_31_10_00_07.thumb.jpg.61bed84a439050e23717c8590ee12f1b.jpgScreenshot_2017_12_31_10_00_41.thumb.jpg.6e8e50aab19c2afd50c6ffe4c94bada1.jpg

For use on your PC line version continue to QR code log in

Screenshot_2017_12_31_10_55_16.thumb.jpg.b5ea976d29b2e9e4c2935cd244440ada.jpgScreenshot_2017_12_31_10_54_45.thumb.jpg.568d2227da1c077b0330a83e53efed7e.jpgCapture.png.10dd8f3e24259d047608f6f700173dd4.pngThis should be on your PCScreenshot_2017_12_31_10_55_25.thumb.jpg.3f689fb1e93a3c610b8744090ce2b2be.jpgTap the Log in

Job done, hopefully. The QR code is time limited also.

Don't suppose you know how to change the synch date?  Seems to default to the install date

just did it, it will list the date after

Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 11.22.07 AM.jpg

Don't suppose you know how to change the synch date?  Seems to default to the install date

Cant do that mate.

But it is syncing right?

Just now, Iamkanga said:

Cant do that mate.

But it is syncing right?

post 12

Already planning my next thread.

"How to migrate from IOS to Android" 555

and expert user tips in Microsoft Paint! :Anger:

20 minutes ago, just hanging said:

not sure what you mean, do you click on the + sign when getting the message added by phone number?  and then it comes up in new friends?

The line app is set up to find phone numbers in my address book automatically. But I can click the plus sign too. Either way people come up as new friends, I have and it’s same result. I get people’s line Id but no response when I initiate contact. 

8 minutes ago, just hanging said:

post 12

I think he wants to set a date not have it change.

4 minutes ago, norton said:

The line app is set up to find phone numbers in my address book automatically. But I can click the plus sign too. Either way people come up as new friends, I have and it’s same result. I get people’s line Id but no response when I initiate contact. 

IMG_7363.thumb.JPG.e4c7dc3ad9b699be1ca1c3c9d5f7a449.JPG

I get lots of   "friends recommendation"      many dont have their pic, therefore I dont know who they are and I ignore it.  If you click on one, i will assume they have to add you, and might not want to respond