IGNORED

Line Messenger Tips and Tricks (how to tell if you have been blocked and other tips)

Notherenow

23 hours ago, eXplosief said:

You didn't over think things. I am talking about the status line text under the account name. 

Still not been able to find Lens. Not sure if it has been rolled out to my phone or country  (NL) . 

For those who want to use Google Lens but can not find it on their phone:

1. It is not available yet on all phone's and countries. You might need to wait. 

2. The primary language of your phone must be set to English 

On 16.3.2018 at 14:04, paullewis said:

Guys

I use Line, and when I log onto it my TG knows i've been on as I get sticker or message from her within seconds of opening Line

Where is this in Line?

Is there a setting somewhere?

iPhone Line is showing users who are currently online at friends section, they are marked with green dot next to profile pic.

Added pic to give an idea

IMG_0864.thumb.jpg.665553551471ff65375548dce1dc29dd.jpg

Edited by Hattis
Add image for clarity

1 hour ago, Hattis said:

iPhone Line is showing users who are currently online at friends section, they are marked with green dot next to profile pic.

Added pic to give an idea

IMG_0864.thumb.jpg.665553551471ff65375548dce1dc29dd.jpg

The dots relate to some form of profile change. Not whether that particular contact is online or not. The easiest way to confirm this is to tap on the profile picture and after you return back to the main contact screen you will notice that the Green Dot Is gone. But cheers for the input. 

25 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

The dots relate to some form of profile change. Not whether that particular contact is online or not. The easiest way to confirm this is to tap on the profile picture and after you return back to the main contact screen you will notice that the Green Dot Is gone. But cheers for the input. 

It is so after all...

Confusing, because i had it happen several times - i open line and within seconds get message from someone.

Edited by Hattis

3 hours ago, Barhop said:

Cheers - PM sent.

Yes you must keep the ais sim active.   Last time I was here instead of 1 x 500 baht top up (which would have expired after a month) they suggested 10 x 50 baht top ups (which extended the life for 10 months).   I can’t actually use it in Oz to make calls etc, but it has all the wifi capabilities (Line etc).      The new app for Line also lets you top up remotely instead of having to be in country and heading to a 7-11 etc....

BTW I won’t be able to ask the TG how she figured out I was in BKK as she busted me in Stumble Inn ‘marking time’ until she got to work.    FYI Lucky Luke’s staff clock on at Stumble Inn nowadays!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Yes you must keep the ais sim active.   Last time I was here instead of 1 x 500 baht top up (which would have expired after a month) they suggested 10 x 50 baht top ups (which extended the life for 10 months).   I can’t actually use it in Oz to make calls etc, but it has all the wifi capabilities (Line etc).      The new app for Line also lets you top up remotely instead of having to be in country and heading to a 7-11 etc....
BTW I won’t be able to ask the TG how she figured out I was in BKK as she busted me in Stumble Inn ‘marking time’ until she got to work.    FYI Lucky Luke’s staff clock on at Stumble Inn nowadays!
Thanks Scribes.

But understand when your phone is using WiFi the sim plays no role. Except if someone calls or sms you on your Thai number.

Your phone is accessing your wifi for apps like line etc which has nothing to do with your sim.

5 hours ago, eXplosief said:

For those who want to use Google Lens but can not find it on their phone:

1. It is not available yet on all phone's and countries. You might need to wait. 

2. The primary language of your phone must be set to English 

I couldn't find Google Lens but did find this app and it seems to work well once you find out how to get it to capture words only. Just a shame that google translate and Line translate are pretty much worse than useless so far.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.officelens

• 5 months later...

Thanks to all who have contributed.  I've learned a lot.  I have two questions that someone might be able to answer easily:

1.  Is it possible to send a LINE message to myself?  Sometimes I would like to test how something looks, like a location reference or whatever.

2.  Is it possible to post animated GIFs in a LINE message?

Thanks to all who have contributed.  I've learned a lot.  I have two questions that someone might be able to answer easily:
1.  Is it possible to send a LINE message to myself?  Sometimes I would like to test how something looks, like a location reference or whatever.
You can have more than one Line account on your phone. The girls do it

2 hours ago, Bare1 said:

Cheers 

You cannot send a message to yourself. But if you do send a message you will be able to see how it looks to the other person. So possibly you could send it to a friend or somebody who has blocked you as they would never see it. But if you're able to follow the directions and use an app cloner you can have two line accounts. I have found this extremely useful. 

No problem sending animated gifs on Line. 

1 hour ago, Scuba+ said:
2 hours ago, Bare1 said:

You can have more than one Line account on your phone. The girls do it

To be quite honest I'm surprised at that, not saying you haven't seen it but in my experience Thai girls are not very good at understanding technology and probably worse at following instructions. Unless of course it's the old 2 phone situation. 

I couldn't imagine one of them downloading an app cloner and utilizing its features. But having said that a lot of new phones do have a dual app facility built in, but again their ability to find that feature and understand its usefulness to me is questionable. 

To be quite honest I'm surprised at that, not saying you haven't seen it but in my experience Thai girls are not very good at understanding technology and probably worse at following instructions. Unless of course it's the old 2 phone situation. 
I couldn't imagine one of them downloading an app cloner and utilizing its features. But having said that a lot of new phones do have a dual app facility built in, but again their ability to find that feature and understand its usefulness to me is questionable. 

Maybe you're right. Or they play dumb sometimes? They have secret thai boyfriends after all

On 12/09/2018 at 17:44, Iamkanga said:

Unless of course it's the old 2 phone situation. 

If you had a dual Sim phone could you have 2 distinct line accounts on it - one for each number?

2 minutes ago, Kanga said:

If you had a dual Sim phone could you have 2 distinct line accounts on it - one for each number?

Yes technically but I think for what you would want the answer is no. Unless you can clone the app. 

Having multiple line accounts is not dependent upon a different phone number.

For instance you could open one line account without a Facebook account and one line account with a phone number but without using a cloning tool or an inbuilt cloning capability on a phone (which is fairly common with a lot of new phones) there is no way to have 2 versions of the app installed. 

Of course she could create two accounts and log in and out but obviously they would not be running side by side.

1 hour ago, Iamkanga said:

Of course she could create two accounts and log in and out but obviously they would not be running side by side.

I've just looked at this on my phone and can't see a way to log off ? I can only find an option to delete account ?

I can log on and off on my laptop and have 2 accounts for Line on there but can't see that at all on phone.

1 hour ago, Hallmark said:

I've just looked at this on my phone and can't see a way to log off ? I can only find an option to delete account ?

I can log on and off on my laptop and have 2 accounts for Line on there but can't see that at all on phone.

Yes you are spot on, I did not realize this was not an option on the phone.

You can of course clear all data in the settings  assuming you're using an Android phone which would force you to re login. Far from ideal but possible.

I am personally not a great fan of this app. I find it a bit like Facebook in that it seems to operate in its own little ecosystem and does not play that well outside. Thought this is Thailand and if you did not have line here you would be fucked! 

1 hour ago, Iamkanga said:

Thought this is Thailand and if you did not have line here you would be fucked! 

I wouldn't go that far, personally I prefer WhatsApp and all girls I've bothered to keep in touch with have virtually every app under the sun so hasn't been an issue although it could be limiting:

• Thailand  social network penetration 2017   Statistic.png

I have to say, I'm more than a bit surprised by the Google Plus percentage. :-)

17 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

Well you know what they say about stats ... and what you read on the internet 555

Yes I'd like a further elaboration of the word penetration. I'm fully aware of what it means in Pattaya but as it pertains to this graph I'm a little unclear! 555

• Haha 2

On 3/16/2018 at 12:04, paullewis said:

Guys

I use Line, and when I log onto it my TG knows i've been on as I get sticker or message from her within seconds of opening Line

Where is this in Line?

Is there a setting somewhere?

This happened to me too. I went to Saigon for 10 days in the middle of the last LOS trip. And as soon as I got back to LOS a TG who I had friended on Line before leaving sent me a picture of herself. She obviously got some notification that I was back in 'the territory', but I'm not well versed enough in Line to know exactly how she knew. TBH it freaked me out because I value my privacy in the digital world and I did not like the feeling of being 'tracked' like this..... Anyway I played along and sent her the usual melodramatic sticker emoticon reply (I would probably get deleted/blocked if I didn't) while thinking I need to get to know the privacy settings on Line better.

This happened to me too. I went to Saigon for 10 days in the middle of the last LOS trip. And as soon as I got back to LOS a TG who I had friended on Line before leaving sent me a picture of herself. She obviously got some notification that I was back in 'the territory', but I'm not well versed enough in Line to know exactly how she knew. TBH it freaked me out because I value my privacy in the digital world and I did not like the feeling of being 'tracked' like this..... Anyway I played along and sent her the usual melodramatic sticker emoticon reply (I would probably get deleted/blocked if I didn't) while thinking I need to get to know the privacy settings on Line better.
I got a message today from Line saying another girl has recently started posting photos, maybe it was something like that

4 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
12 hours ago, pregnantladyboy said:

I got a message today from Line saying another girl has recently started posting photos, maybe it was something like that

No she actually sent me a message with a photo, so she definitely knew I was back in LOS somehow.