Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What's the worst thing that's ever happened you in Pattaya or Thailand in general?

jmooney

I saw my bar-girl girlfriend with another man a couple days later. 

She said she loved me!

I guess that love was short lived

LOL

Peace

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

May your heart always be joyful. May your song always be sung....and may you stay - Forever Young

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours Bobby Dylan

On 24/05/2021 at 14:59, macky said:

Unless you are German 

The only thing Germans can make that is fashionable is cars, and even then it is heavy-handed.

I now know the worst thing to happen to my Thai GF, she tried to get village death benefit insurance on me, and the poo yai told her I was too old.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/03/2021 at 04:19, Turtle123 said:

Damn, how did you get away from that one??

I didn't, cost me a 25000 baht payment shared 50-50 between her and the cops.

The best bit of the story is the head of the Thai CSG ( if I recall the name correctly, the guys who bust falangs on thai tv )  who had been pretending not to speak English turned to me after I handed over the money and said " What do you think of my country now" I just smiled and left. Afterwards I was very nervous about staying in that house in case they planted something so moved. Never saw the girl or cops involved again.

Edited by shadscat

Worst thing has honestly been non-STD sickness; three bouts of food poisoning (two eating in tourist-oriented restaurants where we were the only customers, the third from eating what I assume was pork intestines that hadn’t been cleaned sufficiently during a suckling pig roast) and one absolutely wretched sinus infection that I picked up from my then-regular on my last night in Pattaya.

I could feel the sinus infection settling in during the taxi to Suvarnabhumi; by the time I got back to North America, I looked like death warmed over, with a six-hour layover until the final flight home. Thought it was just a cold, but after suffering for a week-and-a-half, broke down and went to the doctor’s office, getting a course of antibiotics that managed to clear it up. 

TB-ES

• Like 2

hi

mine are a touch pale compared to the many pretty grim stories ive read here,

1 came to Patts in January 2007 for my first 'full on' trip after finding my feet to a degree from 2 previous visits,

however i arrived with a chest infection that had began a couple of days before take off, i expected it to clear up pretty quickly but it persisted for the whole 28 day trip, i took copious amounts of anti biotics etc to no avail, half way through the trip i developed the sore throat from hell, (even drinking tepid water was painful) and also developed a large blister on a big toe ffs!

thankfully i had another trip in November 2007 that was a terrific holiday with seemingly endless good looking gals.

the following two unpleasant events were entirely self made.

2 on a trip circa 2013/4 i was departing from my fine digs at the Canterbury tales, the taxi arrived and i quickly took my seat by the driver, the car was about to drive off when there was a rap at the window, i had left my backpack that i had put beside my chair ffs, it had all my travel documents and passport etc, i would have arrived at the airport with no documents and would have missed my flight as i would have had to return to Pattaya for my pack, that would have been several hundred £ for a new flight back home,

3  on my last trip which was 2017 I arrived at Tales approx, instead of taking some time to relax and sort stuff out, i all to quickly went to a money booth to change some cash, all well and good, i came back and sorted my stuff out, luggage etc, and then could not find my passport, after frantic searching i began to realize i may have left it at the exchange booth, but by the time i went there it was closed, i then spent a restless night hoping upon hope it was there,

thankfully next morning it was there in  the booth, i was so relieved as it would have been a huge ball ache sorting out a new passport which i believe would have entailed me going to Bangkok to the embassy etc etc doubtless pricey as well,

i recall in one of my earlier visits walking along the shop side of beach road and walloping my toe on one of those squarish concrete blocks, that was rather painful,    all told i fully realized when in Thailand its best to just do things a little bit slower, particularly on arrival and departure!

Cheers Beet

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I accidently paid for my motorsai trip of 60baht with a $100 Australian note,they are very very similar to a 20baht note

2016, I had a number of blisters come up on my feet. Went to a Pharmacy on Soi Buakhau that's nearly opposite the hospital. There I had the them drained, the spare skin cut off and bandaged up. I could get about, just, but it was difficult.

My feet had busted up because on arrival in Patts, I walked around and around and around............ Not normally a problem for me but I had just spent a week scuba diving at Koh Tao. My skin was still soft and pappy like when you get out of a bath after really good soak. 

One lives and learns:Hit_Self:

• Like 1

People say to me "Pattaya is like Sodom and Gomera"

I say "it's not at all like that"

"Sodom and Gomera were mere prototypes, whereas Pattaya......"

57 minutes ago, Somjot said:

That is not quite accurate:

As a matter of fact, Germany is Europe`s biggest consumer of fashion and home to several important luxury brands — from Hugo Boss, to Escada, to Jil Sander — as well as the birthplace of sportswear giants Adidas and Puma. 

But yes, we are a bit short on those gay fashion designers.

Back to topic:

About 24 years ago, me and 2 friends used to rent that huge 3 bedroom condo in a building opposite Soi 6. Every bedroom with it`s own bath.

Between the condo building and second road was a entertainment area with a few beer bars; one of them had 2 pool tables with a 15 year old girl taking care of them, while her 40 year old mother was working at the bar.

That girl was cute but her being only 15, I did not even spent a thought in the "wrong direction". And she was smart, spending her free time learning English, hoping for a better future. I had a few chats with her, helped her a bit with her English, answered her questions, as she was very curious about other countries and she helped me to improve my Thai.

One day her mother approached me and I thought, she wanted to thank me for giving her daughter free language lessons as in Thailand knowledge is not for free.

My jaws dropped, when she told me in a very unfriendly tone, that I could rent or even buy her daughter to do whatever I want, but if I am not interested, I should stop wasting her time by putting useless information in her head, as her future is in the bar business, where she can make much more money than with education.

"And where did that get you?" I asked and she answered "Not your fucking business, Farang!"

Needless to say, I kept my distance to both of them from then on.

About a week later, I was just coming back from a night out, I saw the girl on the floor inside the bar, shivering. She looked bad.

Stupid white knight as I am told her mother, that my friends are back home already, so I have 2 free rooms and she could sleep in one.

First she started with "Not your fuck..." but she stopped, smiled and said, that this was a good idea.

I really should have heard the warning bells.

We helped her up and brought her to one of those rooms; I gave her the key, so she could lock the room from the inside, if that makes her feel safe. She had fever, was almost unconscious and in a bad condition.

After her mother left, I was going to sleep but I felt bad for the girl, so I took my bike and looked for a pharmacy, which was not that easy as it was after midnight already.

Came back after 30 minutes and found my condo full of policemen and the angry mother accusing me of abusing her daughter.

That was one of the few times I lost it. I started screaming at her, what a miserable cunt she was, trying to sell her own daughter and now pulling this off. That her daughter is very sick, almost unconscious, looks very bad and smells like that too and even a perv would be repelled by her condition. That I have left the room shortly after her to buy medicine and the bag in my hand, the hotel staff and the guy in the pharmacy can confirm that, so I would not have had enough time to do, whatever her sick brain has spat out.

After a short palaver, they left and the hotel manager told me, that I`d been more than lucky not to end up in jail and that under normal conditions he would kick me out of his place for taking her in my room but as he could clearly see, that I had only good intentions, he will not do so.

Now I was shivering as I realized, what hell I almost got myself into. "I only wanted to help!"

"Welcome to Thailand" he answered and left.

PS: If this post somehow breaks rule # 2o, please just delete, but there was no reference of sexual nature and that person must be around 40 by now. Besides the post describes a trap, anyone could fall in, so due to rule #5 maybe an exception can be made.

naive very naive 

3 hours ago, macky said:

naive very naive 

I`d rather say endlessly stupid, but to my defense, although that was my third trip to TH and I was in my early 30ies, I was smart enough to know, NOT to take an underaged person to my place.

But in this case her mother and some of her coworkers knew me, I had never shown any bad intentions towards her, the girl was clearly ill and most important, I had the approval from her mother, who even helped me to carry her daughter to a separated room, which she could lock from the inside.

My mistake was, that I could not imagine, why a person, whose daughter I was trying to help and who had approved this help and even thanked me for it, would turn on me just minutes later in such an evil way.

I should have known better, as a mother, who would easily sell her own daughter, would have no problem to destroy the life of any person, as long as there is profit in it.

I live in TH most of the year for more than 20 years now and it has been a hell of a ride. It has immensely widened my horizon of life experience but not always in a good direction.

• Like 1

Sadly our dear LOS is still hampered by some third world characteristics, fuelled by poverty and then greed. 

Personally I am cagey about a lot of things when I am there, including offers of pick me ups (powdered etc).

Stings can be a profitable line, so best to keep a low profile and avoid anything that seems to be too good to be true or just plain dodgy.

I have got to know some Thai women and their families, but you never know when some creep camera guy is going sell images of one talking innocently to various locals.

People say to me "Pattaya is like Sodom and Gomera"

I say "it's not at all like that"

"Sodom and Gomera were mere prototypes, whereas Pattaya......"

I'd say that was your best experience somjot, you somehow contrived and contorted to put yourself into a dangerous position, out of nothing, and came out in one piece and not missing a huge chunk of baht...remarkable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rope-a-dope said:

I'd say that was your best experience somjot, you somehow contrived and contorted to put yourself into a dangerous position, out of nothing, and came out in one piece and not missing a huge chunk of baht...remarkable.

I seem to have a talent for that and trust me, I had a lot of unpleasant situations but I still shiver when I think about this one, as it could have ended my "career" in Thailand before it even started.

At that time, I would have been too unexperienced and instead of paying whatever they wanted, I would have insisted on my rights including a lawyer and so on.

Another very scary incident happened at the end of my married life about 4 years ago and almost was the end of my life too.

My beloved Thai (now ex-) wife refused to let me in our apartment, which was in the 4th floor of our double shophouse in South Pattaya and had changed the locks. Me having secured my investments with a 30 year lease did not accept that and started to use a power drill to open the door.

While doing so, suddenly a police officer walked up the stairs, his gun in his right hand but still pointing down and his left hand pointing at me, saying: "Farang, you have big problem now!"

Have you ever been in a car accident, when in those last seconds before the crash everything seems to be in slow motion?

The thought that crossed my mind was, if there was ever a moment in my life, when it really counted to stay calm, this moment was right now.

I put down the drill, held my hands in front of me, so he could clearly see them and said very calmly in Thai. "I know. My lock does not open." (I guess my silly sense of humor will not leave me ever.).

He was confused "Why do you speak Thai?"

"Is that forbidden?" 

"I was told, that there is an extremely aggressive foreigner, heavily under the influence of alcohol and drugs, destroying things and attacking people."

"Are you possibly in the wrong building, because I haven`t seen any homicidal maniac this morning yet?"

"No, the shop owner is downstairs; she told me that guy is here."

By now he had put his gun back into the holster and talked very relaxed to me. I told him about our marriage problems and he told me, that locks cannot be opened with a gun, as I had asked him to and interestingly cars do not explode, when you shoot at them, although that always seems to happen in US movies.

When my wife finally came up, he was pissed and asked her reproachfully, if she was aware of what catastrophe might have happened due to her false information. And if she had ever wasted a thought, what it would have meant for his career as a police officer, if he would have killed a Farang doctor in his own house.

God bless his caring heart, I thought, not to speak about my career as a living being.

Still I have to admit, that his behavior was perfectly professional.

When he left, my wife told him to stay, as I have beaten her up heavily several times, which was a lie.

I told him, that I have never raised a hand on her.

Before he left he told me: "Maybe you should. And in Thailand as a legal husband you are allowed to. Guess why?"

On 13/06/2021 at 09:49, Somjot said:

I seem to have a talent for that and trust me, I had a lot of unpleasant situations but I still shiver when I think about this one, as it could have ended my "career" in Thailand before it even started.

At that time, I would have been too unexperienced and instead of paying whatever they wanted, I would have insisted on my rights including a lawyer and so on.

Another very scary incident happened at the end of my married life about 4 years ago and almost was the end of my life too.

My beloved Thai (now ex-) wife refused to let me in our apartment, which was in the 4th floor of our double shophouse in South Pattaya and had changed the locks. Me having secured my investments with a 30 year lease did not accept that and started to use a power drill to open the door.

While doing so, suddenly a police officer walked up the stairs, his gun in his right hand but still pointing down and his left hand pointing at me, saying: "Farang, you have big problem now!"

Have you ever been in a car accident, when in those last seconds before the crash everything seems to be in slow motion?

The thought that crossed my mind was, if there was ever a moment in my life, when it really counted to stay calm, this moment was right now.

I put down the drill, held my hands in front of me, so he could clearly see them and said very calmly in Thai. "I know. My lock does not open." (I guess my silly sense of humor will not leave me ever.).

He was confused "Why do you speak Thai?"

"Is that forbidden?" 

"I was told, that there is an extremely aggressive foreigner, heavily under the influence of alcohol and drugs, destroying things and attacking people."

"Are you possibly in the wrong building, because I haven`t seen any homicidal maniac this morning yet?"

"No, the shop owner is downstairs; she told me that guy is here."

By now he had put his gun back into the holster and talked very relaxed to me. I told him about our marriage problems and he told me, that locks cannot be opened with a gun, as I had asked him to and interestingly cars do not explode, when you shoot at them, although that always seems to happen in US movies.

When my wife finally came up, he was pissed and asked her reproachfully, if she was aware of what catastrophe might have happened due to her false information. And if she had ever wasted a thought, what it would have meant for his career as a police officer, if he would have killed a Farang doctor in his own house.

God bless his caring heart, I thought, not to speak about my career as a living being.

Still I have to admit, that his behavior was perfectly professional.

When he left, my wife told him to stay, as I have beaten her up heavily several times, which was a lie.

I told him, that I have never raised a hand on her.

Before he left he told me: "Maybe you should. And in Thailand as a legal husband you are allowed to. Guess why?"

What a wild story!  If this had happened in the US you would have been immediately arrested no questions asked.  Lucky that you could speak Thai.  Also interesting that you mention this story as the "worst thing that happened to you" instead of mentioning the divorce - guess that came out OK?   

As for me, the worst thing that happened to me in Pattaya is I had to leave back to the US =/

Edited by Oct_

Impressive that you know the Thai language so well as to include 'homicidal maniac.'

It ain't what you do it's the way that you do it.

12 hours ago, Oct_ said:

What a wild story!  If this had happened in the US you would have been immediately arrested no questions asked.  Lucky that you could speak Thai.  Also interesting that you mention this story as the "worst thing that happened to you" instead of mentioning the divorce - guess that came out OK?   

Well, not sure if it was THE worst thing but surely one of the worst.

I don`t consider divorces in general as worst things - if you`re married, there is a more than 50% chance, it`ll happen.

My divorce was ugly, as all my wife wanted, was revenge, whatever it takes.

And she went that far to tell a police officer, that some dangerous maniac was in her house trying to kill her.

Personally for me the situation was more than embarrassing, as in all my life it had never happened before, that the police came to my place because of me.

I had paid more than 10 Mio Baht for that building and had invested another 5 Mio for the interior and had secured all that with a 30 years lease contract, which was registered in the ownership documents by the land office, clearly stating, that only I have the right to use this building privately and professionally.

And she had the balls to change the locks, hide my car and empty my bank account, while I was in Germany for a few weeks.

I was furious but instead of having a bad argument, I just took the power drill.

She was hoping, I would fly into a rage on that officer telling him to get the fuck out of my building or worse.

Instead I just stayed calm and explained.

If there is only ONE advice, I would give all Pattaya newbies, how to act in difficult situations no matter if with some crazy BG, some angry Thai man or the authorities: STAY CALM.

But why do you think, I would be arrested in the US?

11 hours ago, Pooliekev said:

Impressive that you know the Thai language so well as to include 'homicidal maniac.'

To be honest, I am not even sure, if there is such a word in Thai.

As a German, I just looked for the translation for "Amokläufer" and in Thai, as far as I remember, I said something like:

"I haven`t seen any psychotic marauding farang this morning yet."

• Like 3

On 13/06/2021 at 14:25, Somjot said:

As a matter of fact, Germany is Europe`s biggest consumer of fashion and home to several important luxury brands — from Hugo Boss, to Escada, to Jil Sander — as well as the birthplace of sportswear giants Adidas and Puma. 

I'll bow to your superior knowledge, as I've never given a flying fuck about fashion. I dress comfortably, eat what I like, and think of people who pay $300 for a pair of runners made in a sweatshop as wankers. Never felt a need to impress neighbors and friends with my possessions, usually bought second-hand cars. IMO people who need to keep up with the Jones's are as shallow as a mud puddle.

I guess that's why I don't have any financial worries.

Back on topic, yes you were extremely lucky, confirming the aphorism no good deed goes unpunished.

On 27/05/2021 at 11:40, ATM76 said:

The only thing Germans can make that is fashionable is cars, and even then it is heavy-handed.

On 13/06/2021 at 14:25, Somjot said:

But yes, we are a bit short on those gay fashion designers.

5 hours ago, ATM76 said:

I'll bow to your superior knowledge, as I've never given a flying fuck about fashion. I dress comfortably, eat what I like, and think of people who pay $300 for a pair of runners made in a sweatshop as wankers. Never felt a need to impress neighbors and friends with my possessions, usually bought second-hand cars. IMO people who need to keep up with the Jones's are as shallow as a mud puddle.

Back on topic, yes you were extremely lucky, confirming the aphorism no good deed goes unpunished.

I am a bit surprised about your answer.

If "you`ve never given a flying fuck about fashion", then how cold you possibly know, that "The only thing Germans can make that is fashionable is cars."?

However no need to "bow to my superior knowledge", as I have none, at least not about fashion, but being a German myself, your statement made me curious and so I simply googled it.

My eating and dressing habits are quite like yours and at home I mostly wear sweatpants.

A friend of mine, one of those "keep up with the Jones`s" guys once told me: "If you wear sweatpants, you have lost control of your life. Karl Lagerfeld said that."

I answered: "If you need some cock sucking self-proclaimed fashion Zar to control your life, you are literally fucked. Somjot said that." We are no friends anymore.

And to be back on topic, yes, I was more than lucky. If I would not have left the condo to get medicine for the girl or if the police would have arrived a bit later ..... I don`t even want to imagine.

However the hotel manager, a Swiss guy, felt sorry for me and knowing, that it was partially his reception staff`s mistake too, as they had allowed the girl upstairs without an ID check, he invited me for breakfast for the next morning to give me some lessons about Thailand.

Until then I had travelled around Europe and have been in Egypt, the USA, the UK and many places before and therefore somehow felt "prepared" for Thailand.

"You have to understand and always remember one thing" he started "Nothing, absolutely NOTHING, what you have ever learned or experienced until now could have possibly prepared you for the journey ahead of you, if you have chosen Thailand as your favorite place. Words like "friendship", "honesty" and even "love" have a completely different meaning in here and if you don`t adapt quickly, Pattaya will eat you alive and shit you out faster than a 2 days old Mexican Burrito."

Was one of the most valuable breakfasts I ever had.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Somjot said:

I am a bit surprised about your answer.

If "you`ve never given a flying fuck about fashion", then how cold you possibly know, that "The only thing Germans can make that is fashionable is cars."?

I'm something of a petrolhead, so German cars are one of my areas of interest. The rest, I don't know and don't care.

Your point is valid, I am prone to sweeping generalities from time to time. Please put the tar and feathers away.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Food Poisoning a couple times. One time the worst I ever had. Couldn’t leave the bathroom for 2 days for more than 5 minutes at a time. Not fun lol

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Bigwill74 said:

Food Poisoning a couple times. One time the worst I ever had. Couldn’t leave the bathroom for 2 days for more than 5 minutes at a time. Not fun lol

So get it treated and it would have cleared up in six hours max. 

Food poisoning (actually in BK)

Stink Va Ja Ja

A rat running up my leg.

Not in this order.

Edited by Timon88
  • Haha 1

On 11/04/2020 at 22:19, Horndog85 said:

Stayed with a Friend in Pattaya South April 2019. One early Night Night, we go back to the hotel when a Motobike approached with 1 Girl and a Ladyboy. 

They ask us, hey guys where you goin? 

Then the girl get off the Bike and look deep in my Eyes and go further to my friend - grab him very hard by his Nuts and was tryin to steal something from his pockets. For his luck, his pockets were empty. 

I will never forget how he looked while she grab his nuts. He looked like he got an strong electric Schock. 

Then they calmly drove off on their motobike. 

Edit. 

😆

On 11/04/2020 at 23:22, Wingeing Pom said:

One evening about 6.years ago I had my 20,000+ baht smart phone pickpocketed in a Go Go bar in LK Metro.  (Clue.. he who is not married) I only had it a few months. No idea why I took it out .. no one was gonna phone me .. but it was a flashy new toy. I thought I was very cool having one.

They much cheaper now.

I was sat chatting to a young stunnier who was not overly friendly at first when I bought her a LD. Next thing I knew a second girl joined us .. she sat so I was in the miiddle..  Didnt ask for a drink but was friendly.

Girl 1 suddenly got very very amourous .... I was thinking I have never had or seen full on kissing/snogging in a Go Go .. but was not complaiining. Girl 2 still sat other side. Girl 1 .. 30 + years younger than me was passiionately kissing me .. over a 5 minute time frame. She went from unfriendly to wanting to eat me. What the ferk.

Then girl 2 walked away. Girl 1 cooled down. Did not wanna barfine at sensible prices. I left very very confused.

Unusually I did not barfine at all that evening. Went home alone.

Next morning I realised my pride and joy fancy phone was missing .. and realised what almost certainly happened.

It did stick out slightly the shallow side pockets in the jeans I had on. They noticed is my theory .. ..or maybe saw it half out the pocket.

I had no way of proving it.  I went back as it opened next evening .. Asked security if a phone been found. DJ announced it to whole bar. Im sure there were a few giggles from some of the girls but may have been my imagination.

I was pissed off big time. 

Cheap phones only for me now .. but my latest 5,000 baht phone better than my first that cost me 24,000. Crazy prices but had to have.

The last few trips I've taken two phones.  My newer phone is locked up with home country SIM card for wifi calling.  And an older version Iphone that I keep my local sim in. 

On 16/06/2021 at 03:37, ATM76 said:

Bet youve never bought a lady drink

• Haha 3