IGNORED

What's the worst thing that's ever happened you in Pattaya or Thailand in general?

jmooney

not Pattaya but on Koh Tao. Cut my foot on some coral, got a blood infection from the dirty water. Thought i was gonna die for 2 days

• Like 1

On 05/02/2018 at 18:06, TiTan69 said:

over the last two trips lost 2 iPhones 1 iPad. Passed out in my room woke up in a pool of blood. Missed two flights home and got bottled by a BG.

That sounds like a great holiday!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/06/2021 at 14:43, CamelToe said:

I accidently paid for my motorsai trip of 60baht with a $100 Australian note,they are very very similar to a 20baht note

They are both green. The size, pictures and numbers are all different.

Were you half-pissed when you got on the motorsai? That's the only explanation I can think of.

No doubt you were pissed afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Waiting for someone to say ... flew into the sandbox, ended up in ALQ. lol

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Somehow caught ocular herpes in my left eye. Saw an ophthalmologist and got prescribed some various drops, ointments and pills. Went back a week later and had it physically scraped off. 30 minutes later, I fainted in a 7-11. Luckily, my girl was with me and remained calm and called the doctor to make sure I wasn't having an adverse reaction to the procedure. Big shout out to the ladyboy employee who fanned my face with a piece of cardboard to keep me cool. I figure I lost about 15% vision in that eye permanently. 

So for the love of Christ, don't touch your eyes without scrubbing your hands. 

20200307_182802.thumb.jpg.0efbd4f77f017d6343ac5750ce59666f.jpg

What's the worst thing that's ever happened you in Pattaya or Thailand in general?

The bars closed for the last 4 months in on the top of my list. 

Coming up on living 30 years here and there is scarcely anything worth mentioning. Nothing that would be in the top 10 bad things that happened to me ever. Perhaps I lead a boring life? :D

I was given counterfeit money as my change at a McDonalds in Bangkok in 2008. The freelancer I was with at the time got it changed for me. She later turned out to be a total nightmare who damaged my hotel door. The cops came and I ended up paying  5000 baht for the damage. She also came into a different guesthouse shouting her mouth off. So the Thai owner's son punched her in the face. We were then thrown out without a refund. So I put the rooms keys down the toilet. We were in our rooms eating a McDonald's at the time, so all we heard was the commotion in the lobby.

Apart from that the worst thing was being bitten by a mosquito and ending up in hospital. The other things are getting throat infections and staying in a few quest houses where I ended up being bitten by invisable things in the bedding.

The only other bad thing is the lottery of taking a new girl and ending up with a starfish.

I've also had a one month overstay due to Thai immigration not giving me the correct stamp. In the end I was let off once a very White looking higher ranking female immigration officer got to know what was going on.

I can't wait to get back!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Golf courses and swimming pools closing about 3 weeks ago. 

Edited by Geordie59

On 17/08/2021 at 09:19, Geordie59 said:

Golf courses and swimming pools closing about 3 weeks ago. 

Neither are closed in Chiang Rai.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/08/2021 at 01:35, Steve1981 said:

Somehow caught ocular herpes in my left eye. Saw an ophthalmologist and got prescribed some various drops, ointments and pills. Went back a week later and had it physically scraped off. 30 minutes later, I fainted in a 7-11. Luckily, my girl was with me and remained calm and called the doctor to make sure I wasn't having an adverse reaction to the procedure. Big shout out to the ladyboy employee who fanned my face with a piece of cardboard to keep me cool. I figure I lost about 15% vision in that eye permanently. 

So for the love of Christ, don't Touch your eyes without scrubbing your hands. 

20200307_182802.thumb.jpg.0efbd4f77f017d6343ac5750ce59666f.jpg

Same thing happened to me in Manila …that scraping fucking hurts …i could not see for a couple of hours afterwards 

• 1 year later...
On 04/09/2017 at 00:02, likeaking said:

The air con in the condo I rented didn't work for six days. Trying to sleep was a bitch, felt like a wreck all that time. 

This would straight up ruin my holiday!

On 13/11/2017 at 22:31, jbennett said:

My beloved Scrappy got mauled to death by a pack of wild dogs on Wong Amat beach.

image.thumb.jpeg.493493cbcbd08c23c293ec4972e4b423.jpeg

That’s fucking terrible mate! I lost my dog a few months ago, they really are part of the family!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I guess these are almost Thailand classics..

- a screaming ex gf infront of the condo that did not want to stop to shout. Landlord almost called the cops.

- a food poisoning that lasted a few days that almost made my then girlfriend take me to the hospital.

wouldn't be too bad if there were no new chapters.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was cheated 2 times by business partners. It seems to be very difficult to find reliable business people in Pattaya. The worst thing is that they feel that they do good things and I should be happy to get the opportunity to support their business. Very crazy. Everyone should be very cautious about trusting someone here for business purpose. Also I knew it before I was stupid enough, to trust the very nice poeple in this beautiful country.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Louis1975 said:

I was cheated 2 times by business partners. It seems to be very difficult to find reliable business people in Pattaya. The worst thing is that they feel that they do good things and I should be happy to get the opportunity to support their business. Very crazy. Everyone should be very cautious about trusting someone here for business purpose. Also I knew it before I was stupid enough, to trust the very nice poeple in this beautiful country.

I'm happy to provide financial advice in order you are not cheated for the 3rd time 

Please contact me if you have some money to invest.

I can can you a good return back on what you put in 😀

• Haha 2

Dengue Fever caught me and on 2nd road I got robbed my backpack from Bikeriders. Dengue was really unpleasant. Don't try this at home.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I got sick in 2018 from dodgy draft beer. I have a bigger list from London in the UK.

Edited by Ben4454
info

1. Having to go home, lol.

2. Not having the next trip booked once home (not joking).

3. Bad ice or a dirty glass one time from a Soi Cowboy go go bar in 2016. Only happened once in 20 years. Memorable because I had to run from the check-in desk of a nice hotel straight to the toilet, then resume checking in.

I'll add it was just the one time and I eat street food regularly.

4. Expenses-paid two week business trip cancelled because of COVID.

I've been sitting here thinking about what has happened to me in Thailand that was bad or even bad enough to be included here.

I got food poisoning from both regular food and the cheap plastic bottles of water I would buy when I first started coming here.  The poisoning from the water was unmerciful. Made me realize how easy it was to put too much confidence in a fart.

I have lived a sheltered life here I guess.

Oh, the worst has to be getting my dark chocolate seized at the second security checkpoint (when they used to screen again at the gate) when flying back to USA.  Allegedly there was "intelligence" that dark chocolate would be used to hide a bomb.

Yeah, I don't believe that either.  

Other than being ripped off, I can't think of anything bad that happened.  <knock, knock>