Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What's the worst thing that's ever happened you in Pattaya or Thailand in general?

jmooney

Fell off bicycle on Jungle trail in Angkor Wat area of Cambodia. The chain gashed my leg; our guide painted it with iodine and wrapped in a bandage; I was able to continue on the trip.

A few days later I was in Kata, Phuket, with TG GF; we went swimming. I had the idea the sea water would help clean and cure the wound. But next day my leg had developed a big black blister-like swelling and it hurt to walk.

Went to International Hospital, where a haematoma was diagnosed - poisoned lump, maybe the sea was not entirely clean. I was put on antibiotic drip for an hour a day for three days, then a surgeon opened and cleaned it out under local anaesthetic.

I was told the danger was that the poisoned blood could get into my general system with dangerous consequences.

Back home in Australia, usual doctor said treatment was 'text book'. I was fortunate to recover one hundred per cent.

Travel insurance covered hospital fees plus the daily return taxi costs, minus the first $x (forget how much, maybe $A250/5600 Bahts).

• Like 2

On 11/08/2021 at 15:46, ex-pat said:

Coming up on living 30 years here and there is scarcely anything worth mentioning. Nothing that would be in the top 10 bad things that happened to me ever. Perhaps I lead a boring life? :D

How did you support yourself last 30 years?

Did you have a business or what did you do in your life here ?

On 15/07/2023 at 05:10, Ben4454 said:

I got sick in 2018 from dodgy draft beer

Excuse my ignorance but how do draft get dodgy?

Worst:  Developed a condition requiring two hip replacement surgeries.
Best:  Got them done in Phayathai 2 Hospital, Bangkok.

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

15 hours ago, oldmanemu53 said:

Small pension and freelance computer work. Yeah, I'm pretty old :)

On 05/02/2018 at 10:06, TiTan69 said:

over the last two trips lost 2 iPhones 1 iPad. Passed out in my room woke up in a pool of blood. Missed two flights home and got bottled by a BG.

I want to party with YOU !!!

• Haha 2

On 27/07/2023 at 22:46, oldmanemu53 said:

one of the worst thing, never happened to me though

I was in a bar in Udon Thani and some bikies were in there and this bloke  ( bit drunk)was a bit pissed was asking them questions  and I could see they wee getting annoyed 9 I tried to get into conversation with him and quietly take him away from there but he would not listen . I left him to it and went back to my hotel and shower and get a feed. when I was in my room I heard the ambulance. I got changed and walked the little way down to the bar . There was blood (fresh blood) all over the footpath. I presumed old mate asked one too many questions.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was walking back to hotel alone late at night when I was chased by a pack of street-dogs. One of the dogs got up to me and bit my leg. I was shit scared of rabies. In the end I figured the chances of me getting rabies was small and i never got a shot for it. 

At an Indian night club because I like the music, I’m a British born Indian, was on the dance floor and started getting pushed and shoved by those sweaty fuckers who have no respect for personal space. I kicked off at this one guy, he swung at me and missed, the thai girl I was with suddenly landed a punch straight in his face on his nose! She said she her brother is a boxer. The bouncers chucked the guy out with his mates, all the bouncers immediately sided with my girl even though she caused the injury and I kind of started the fight. I gave her a thousand baht extra that night! I’m a lone traveller standing 5”5’ and probably would have got battered by this guy and his mates. 

On 28/07/2023 at 00:02, Kandinski said:

Excuse my ignorance but how do draft get dodgy?

it’s the pipes and they need regular cleaning. worked at a bar for several years as a student and prefer bottled beer for that reason

Not Pattaya , but Angelese in the Pils. I checked into the ABC hotel on fields, came out of the shower a little wet, slipped on the tiled part of the floor and broke my arm......very painful to shag with for a week or two....

broken_radius.webp

• Sad 2

https://arewethere.yt/MUFFINGSLUTS-STARTS-MUFFING-SLUTS/116081

Mainly too drunk to fuck nowadays........

On 15/08/2023 at 14:19, ThaiRedbull said:

Was walking back to hotel alone late at night when I was chased by a pack of street-dogs. One of the dogs got up to me and bit my leg. I was shit scared of rabies. In the end I figured the chances of me getting rabies was small and i never got a shot for it. 

Rabies is a disease that takes time to develop, it travels through the nerves not the blood.  When it is in the body it is 100% treatable by immunoglobins and vaccine. when it reaches the brain it is 100% untreatable and fatal.

Usually the treatment costs are covered.  The vaccine is administered by an injection on the shoulder, like a flu shot, total of four shots in a 2 week period.  Immunoglobins are administered at the site of bite.  It is not an inconvenience, but dying can be.

Chance of getting rabies may be small, but you would need data on the incidences in animals in the area before you know for sure. Given the deadly outcome you really should discuss it with a doctor.  Rabies is still a disease of concern in Asia, it is transmitted from the bite of an infected animal via the saliva.  Since you don't know the health of the dog, why take the risk?

hi

I have already contributed earlier

to this thread earlier but another addition from my Feb/March trip

i had a heart attack last December but in case it was my last chance i still decided to come over, anyhoo i bought a ton of meds with me

i have to take about 9 different tablets every morning, one of them is called Entresto a very important one to boot,

i came to the end of my first months supply and went to my stash to get the second box, alas it was not a full pack, i had mistakenly on packing put in a pack that was nearly empty, leaving the full new pack at home ffs, of course I had to have this stuff due  to its importance and after a frantic expedition to several pharmacies' and hospitals none of which had it !!!

i ended up at the Pattaya/bangkok hospital on the main sukhumvit road and finally saw a doctor who prescribed it for me

total cost at the hospital was £200 about 8,000 baht,  it cost £20 just for the doc to write out a prescription and £7 for a blood pressure reading ffs,   back home there on my table top was the new full pack i should have picked up ffs

note to self, treble even quadruple check meds next time !!

Cheers Beet

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

picked up an STD on my very first sexual encounter, second or third day into my holiday, from a BJ bar in BKK. 2 days later had symptoms. Went to a clinic for testing but because i had symptoms the doc wanted to give me a few different antibiotics which i didn't like the sound of. one of them was a 'quinolone antibiotic' which from my googling appear to have a risk of pretty devastating (albeit rare) side effects. This particular antibiotic isnt even recommended for chlam/gonorrhea, hence my hesitancy to take it.

So i went back to my room and panicked for the next two or three days, scouring the internet for other peoples experiences. had white discharge and burning when i pissed in the mornings but the burning went away as I hydrated myself. Paid for a STD test to see exactly what i had so i could go with the correct treatment rather than just throwing the kitchen sink at the infection. STD test came back clear. despite having symptoms apparently it can still take two weeks for the infection to show up on a test. Doc advised i go to a hospital which i did and they took a urine sample which showed high white blood cells in my urine, indicating chlamydia or gonorrhea. Then i got the usual shot in the ass, 4 tabs of Azith and a week of doxy. All cleared up after that. No bad side effects from the antibiotics either, except for an explosive event on the toilet a couple hours after the shot and azith. 😂

Before going to thailand, I would read on this forum and others about how unlikely it is to pickup an STD from a BJ. I decided i would risk it, i was pretty devastated to have gotten one on my first go lol.

Buying a chicken skewer from the street cart , non refrigerated chicken , I was sick as a dog for over a week .

Getting involved with a Alcoholic bar girl with a shocking bad temper ! 

Asking for a soft drink surcharge to be cut from my room tab as a discount after workmen started jack hammering at 6am in the next room an argument followed with the desk clerk that was quite nasty and learning she lost face .

Letting a Thai security guard invite himself onto my patio for a alcoholic drink whilst on duty - Bad move ! 

Having a game of pool with a drunk Thai street vendor that was a sore looser - Another bad mistake never get involved with Thai's that drink .

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, smurf7 said:

Bird shat on me.

Free of charge from the feathered kind, or did you have to pay the bikini wearing kind?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, smurf7 said:

Bird shat on me.

I thought everyone knew to avoid the ones with ex German boyfriends.

On 26/08/2023 at 00:51, beethoven said:

note to self, treble even quadruple check meds next time !!

You may already know this, but many meds that are scrip only in western countries are available OTC in Thailand.  I'm not sure if that applies to your specific meds, but if you run into this again maybe try asking around for a well-stocked pharmacy and try your luck there first.

Also, and not 100% sure of this, but if you bring your scrips with you (or even the empty bottles) you might be able to buy the drugs you can't get in a pharmacy by going to the pharma department at a hospital, and skip the doctor bill.  There 's often a window near the cashier for the pharmacy.  Again, worth the try.

• Like 3

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/08/2023 at 01:37, jbangkok7000 said:

picked up an STD on my very first sexual encounter, second or third day into my holiday, from a BJ bar in BKK. 2 days later had symptoms. 

Sorry to hear that. I hope you have recovered from it.

By the way, how did you get it?Did you go with bare bj without condom on? 

On 19/10/2023 at 22:18, Anon npl said:

Sorry to hear that. I hope you have recovered from it.

By the way, how did you get it?Did you go with bare bj without condom on? 

Thanks. Yes I recovered just fine, antibiotics sorted it within a day or two and i completed the full course which was 7 days if i recall.

It was bare bj yes with a lot of throat action, which if i had to guess probably increases the risk of STD from oral.

On 25/09/2023 at 20:29, shadscat said:

I thought everyone knew to avoid the ones with ex German boyfriends.

With a forum name like that you've got a cheek.:o

Accidently walking into a queue the wrong way at the Terminal 21 food court, Bangkok.  Got bollocked by a very hi so looking lady, in English, for jumping to the head of the queue.  Just shrugged my shoulders and got to the correct end of the queue without responding to aforementioned lass.  Plus a couple of mild tummy upsets from dodgy food.  Thats it....