Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Formula 1

Kim Jong Il

I switched to Fox sport 3 and watched the bathurst V8 supercars race from australia

Getting interesting will Mercedes use team orders to help Bottas get 2nd in the Championship. Technically Ferrari can still win the Manufacturer's Championship but it's not going to happen.  Vettel still has a chance to win the drivers championship but it will require Hamilton to crash or breakdown.

7 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

So, set the alarm and managed to get up at this unearthly hour to watch race.

Poor poor Sebastian. What has he done to upset the gods.

Such a shame for Seb . :rolleyes:

I'm in Cyprus atm ,  and the bar i was hoping to watch the race at this morning advertised a wrong start time . 

I arrived to see the final 30 odd laps ,    bugger !

Mikeyboy

On 07/10/2017 at 12:09, Kim Jong Il said:

I was being cynical more anything. I can't imagine that scutineering doesn't have all these things covered. Its just I'm not a great believer in coincidence. :o

I didn't realise that.......but when I posted the link that's how the Beeb had it. When I looked again after you guys pointed it out it was certainly different to how it had been half an hour or so earlier.

Read an article about Alonso in the Daily Express today only 3 more race's left this year why don't they get someone to check the facts :Oops1:

Just heard Alonso has been given 2 points on his licence for Blue flag incident hold up Hamilton.

I enjoy the driver briefings. Many things we think about or chat about are raised by someone and we hear Charlie Whiting's thoughts on those matters.

Here's the latest from Japan, talking about Malaysia and Vettel's sidepod ride home (and steering wheel) following his accident during the cool-down lap ...

Edited by roger buttmore

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

On 07/10/2017 at 16:00, Pepe Le Pew said:

Gasly will give up his Super Formula hopes to take up a full time Torro Rosso drive.

Hmmmm, apparently not. As Gasly could win the SF title next weekend and is the only Honda powered pedaller in that position Honda, quite understandably are keen for him to do so. As Torro Rosso are having their engines next year they have to give a shit about Honda already and so have announced ex RB youngster, currently racing for Porsche in WEC, Brendan Hartley as his replacement for the Austin round. Odd choice but then the list of options was remarkably short.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Also Vettel got a 'non driving reprimand' for not turning up to the National Anthem at the Japanese GP, preferring to stay by his car as it was being worked on. Idiot, it's not as if he was wielding a spanner. Three in a year and you get a 10 place grid penalty if 2 are for driving reasons and he picked up one of those at Monaco. I do believe I read somewhere that Vettel is a record holder in terms of penalty points! Well at least he's winning something :LMAO1:

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

47 minutes ago, Pepe Le Pew said:

Also Vettel got a 'non driving reprimand' for not turning up to the National Anthem at the Japanese GP, preferring to stay by his car as it was being worked on. Idiot, it's not as if he was wielding a spanner. Three in a year and you get a 10 place grid penalty if 2 are for driving reasons and he picked up one of those at Monaco. I do believe I read somewhere that Vettel is a record holder in terms of penalty points! Well at least he's winning something :LMAO1:

Third highest according to this but ahead of Max Verstappen who he complains about :Oops1:

http://f1.wikia.com/wiki/Penalty_points

46 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Third highest according to this but ahead of Max Verstappen who he complains about :Oops1:

http://f1.wikia.com/wiki/Penalty_points

Ah yes, Danni has recently beat him. What I read must have been in June when he had 9 which at the time was the record. Go Kvyat :Number1a:

Great link by the way, be interesting to see a similar one for reprimands?

RULES

1NQq.gif

5 minutes ago, Pepe Le Pew said:

Ah yes, Danni has recently beat him. What I read must have been in June when he had 9 which at the time was the record. Go Kvyat :Number1a:

Great link by the way, be interesting to see a similar one for reprimands?

Yes he had 9 in June which were current if he had another he would have had a 1 race suspension but they drop off after 12 months so Vettel is on 7 now. Can't find one that gives reprimands. Points one I found in June when Vettel was in shit.

After seaching a few times over the last few months just found a updated list of engine components used.

http://formula1insider78.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page_62.html

7 minutes ago, mbamber said:

After seaching a few times over the last few months just found a updated list of engine components used.

http://formula1insider78.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page_62.html

Blimey, Honda have used enough to run 4 cars :)

I heard a silly rumour that Vettels spark plug issue was in fact a TC problem. I don't believe the conspiracy theories though.

It's not going well for Ferrari atm, apart from Lewis winning the title if he wins and Seb is 6th one of their major sponsors, Kaspersky is in major shit. They are the Russian Mcafee and have been accused of allowing Russian intelligence access to their software. They are now banned from US gov systems and many large firms are dropping them.

F1 teams are very IT security concious, the systems they use to protect data are state of the art and the internet is generally not available in their factorys.

RULES

1NQq.gif

2 minutes ago, Pepe Le Pew said:

Blimey, Honda have used enough to run 4 cars :)

I heard a silly rumour that Vettels spark plug issue was in fact a TC problem. I don't believe the conspiracy theories though.

It's not going well for Ferrari atm, apart from Lewis winning the title if he wins and Seb is 6th one of their major sponsors, Kaspersky is in major shit. They are the Russian Mcafee and have been accused of allowing Russian intelligence access to their software. They are now banned from US gov systems and many large firms are dropping them.

F1 teams are very IT security concious, the systems they use to protect data are state of the art and the internet is generally not available in their factorys.

I would have thought a spark plug failure we would have noticed only firing on 5 cyl vibration  noise & unburnt fuel !

11 minutes ago, mbamber said:

I would have thought a spark plug failure we would have noticed only firing on 5 cyl vibration  noise & unburnt fuel !

Yes, mebbe. Of course it may not have been a complete failure plus when they say spark plug we think of a small traditional item when in fact in F1 terms it's probably better described as an ignition pack. Thing is those engines are magnificent beasts anyway and very clever. They use electric power to make up for turbo lag amongst so many other little electronic tricks they do. Apparently they tried re mapping to work around the problem but it didn't work.

RULES

1NQq.gif

2 minutes ago, Pepe Le Pew said:

Yes, mebbe. Of course it may not have been a complete failure plus when they say spark plug we think of a small traditional item when in fact in F1 terms it's probably better described as an ignition pack. Thing is those engines are magnificent beasts anyway and very clever. They use electric power to make up for turbo lag amongst so many other little electronic tricks they do. Apparently they tried re mapping to work around the problem but it didn't work.

We shall see, I have heard the 2 Red Bull's will need another engine each but will take them at different race's.

So Alonso signs a new 1 year contract with Mclaren with options to extend.

Not at all unexpected considering he didn't have any other realistic options, but at least its done now.

Be interesting next season to see how well Mclaren do with the Renault engine compared to Red Bull who have had the engine for a while now but have complained quite a lot about it in the past.

40 minutes ago, Kim Jong Il said:

So Alonso signs a new 1 year contract with Mclaren with options to extend.

Not at all unexpected considering he didn't have any other realistic options, but at least its done now.

Be interesting next season to see how well Mclaren do with the Renault engine compared to Red Bull who have had the engine for a while now but have complained quite a lot about it in the past.

It is a better engine than the Honda at present not much of a leap to improve the Renault up to the Ferrari engine but a big leap for the Honda. Mercedes engine is still a bit ahead of Ferrari. Mclaren seem to have a good chassis so it will be interesting.

For this year can Mercedes get Bothas into 2nd in the drivers championship.

Verstappen signs a new contract with Red Bull keeping him there until the end of 2020 season.

Little bit of a surprise for me at least. I thought after next season he may be on the cards for a move to Ferrari or Mercedes.

On 10/21/2017 at 02:33, Kim Jong Il said:

Verstappen signs a new contract with Red Bull keeping him there until the end of 2020 season.

Little bit of a surprise for me at least. I thought after next season he may be on the cards for a move to Ferrari or Mercedes.

As long as Vettel and Hamilton are there it won't happen . Verstappen don't want to drive for a team where he's the second driver and has to take team orders .  

Vettel even has a clause in his contract that he has to be the number one in the team . Kimi is fine with that and is only in for the money these days . Think Verstappen has made a wise move to stay with Red Bull for a few more years . Daniel and Max go well together , have a healthy rivalry and push each other to a higher level . He has already shown that he has the qualities to win races, even with a car that is not absolute top . The transfer to one of the absolute top teams is just a matter of time ... my money is on Mercedes ... 

• Like 2

My surprise with Max is that he will be stuck with the Honda engine from 2019 and unless it becomes super competitive over the next season then he will be stuck with an noncompetitive package for 2 years.

9 minutes ago, Kim Jong Il said:

My surprise with Max is that he will be stuck with the Honda engine from 2019 and unless it becomes super competitive over the next season then he will be stuck with an noncompetitive package for 2 years.

They are getting better but sort it out by 2019 season it's not impossible but a uphill struggle.

Hamilton

Vettel

Bottas

Hamilton sets a new record for front row starts with his 11th pole of the season....a record number of poles for a season.

Bottas seems to much improved from the last few qualifiers so maybe more confident for the race.

I expect the start will be fairly crucial tomorrow.

Will be very surprised if Lewis wraps it up tomorrow but a realistic chance Mercedes will wrap up the constructors title.

Carlos Sainz puts Palmer's car into 8th place at his first attempt....what does that say about Palmer.......?

20 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

My surprise with Max is that he will be stuck with the Honda engine from 2019

Not necessarily. They'll only take the Honda if it comes good.

16 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

Carlos Sainz puts Palmer's car into 8th place at his first attempt....what does that say about Palmer.......?

What everyone's been saying about him for ages. You don't need Sainz to highlight it, Hulks been doing it all season.

RULES

1NQq.gif

Well....

That was some introduction of the drivers.

Ladeeeeeeeeees    aaaaand   gentlemen....

I was expecting them to start boxing, or maybe that's an introduction to the fight that's coming on track.

Are we in America by any chance!

Race on