IGNORED

Formula 1

Kim Jong Il

17 hours ago, PepeLePew said:

I don't think it would be better. It's just a case of watching the racing throught the field. If it's a good battle it doesn't matter to me if they are battling for 1st and 2nd or 15th and 16th.

Todays 'announcement' offered nothing unexpected and without any details it was disappointing. What was worrying was they said the distribution of money was going to more balanced but that historical franchise will be recognised.

Yeah yesterdays announcement was disappointing. I thought they would go into detail about how they would achieve their goal.

19 minutes ago, Kim Jong Il said:

5 place grid penalty for Hamilton for a gearbox change this weekend.........

I'm getting that feeling that it's not going to be Hamilton's year again. Same as the year he had all those engine failures which allowed Rosberg to win the title. Would be good for Hamilton to swap teams with Vettel. Doubt if the mechanics in Germany would be as mean to Vettel.

This week see's us in the sandpit, aka Bahrain.

With Ricciardo being the fastest on Friday I was hoping to see it a bit mixed up at the front.

So what happened today.....

Verstappen crashes out in Q1 and Ferrari are dominant taking the front row with Bottas 3rd and Hamilton 4th, though relegated to 9th.

Can't see anything other than a Ferrari 1  2 tomorrow....barring a disaster for them. Bottas I think doesn't have enough to challenge them and Hamilton I think is too far behind.

I bet Hamilton is wishing Verstappen was 3rd....a chance of the Ferrari's being taken out at the first corner 5555.

Anyway, anything could happen....it has before and will again!

Verstappen claims he "suddenly had 150HP extra" in the corner resulting in him loosing control. 

The irony. They complain for years they have not enough power to beat Mercedes and Ferrari. Now he had more power and crashes. 

• Like 1

That first corner is a nasty one . Bottas with his Mercedes is usually quick of the line ... don't be surprised if he (by accident of course :Whistle:) hits VET and/or RAI to help HAM not to get to far behind in the championship . 

Better possibilities for overtaking then 2 weeks ago but still don't see HAM come charging through the field as that Merc isn't on its best with cars in front of it . Think VER will be on his tail (if not in front of him) after the first round as well . That first corner will be a decider today IMO . 

Oh well , all speculation of course but looks like it can get interesting this time . 

• Like 1

Vettel

Bottas

Hamilton

is how it finishes.

Both Red Bulls out in the first few laps did Hamilton a huge favour.

At mid point it was looking like Mercedes had pulled a master class manoeuvre with tyre strategy but Vettel managed to eek out the life of his tyres till the end, though another couple of laps and it might have been a different story.

Well done Gasly finishing 4th in the Torro Rosso in only his 9th GP.

Sauber pick up points early in the season for them and Mclaren have both drivers in the points.

Hass manage to keep all the wheels on and finish 5th.

What happened to Kimi......I think Ferrari could be in trouble over that one!

To me it is also still not totally clear WTF happened in that pit stop of Kimi. 

2 hours ago, eXplosief said:

To me it is also still not totally clear WTF happened in that pit stop of Kimi. 

Interviewed after the race, Kimi said that he had no idea WTF happened. His lights turned green and off he went. Mechanic hadn't even got the rear left off at that point. Major fuck up by the guy controlling the start/stop lights. 2nd unsafe release this weekend. Mechanic looked in a bad way with a smashed leg. Any other team would be in deep shit now.

• Like 2

Shanghai in China this weekend.

Qualifying done.

Weather much different to Bahrain last weekend....only 12 degrees track temperature.

Vettel and Raikonnen make it a front row lock out for Ferrari followed by Bottas and Hamilton then Verstappen and Ricciardo.

Ferrari half a second quicker than Mercedes. Seems like Ferrari have really caught up and overtaken Mercedes this season. 

Could be an interesting race tomorrow.

20 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

Shanghai in China this weekend.

Qualifying done.

Weather much different to Bahrain last weekend....only 12 degrees track temperature.

Vettel and Raikonnen make it a front row lock out for Ferrari followed by Bottas and Hamilton then Verstappen and Ricciardo.

Ferrari half a second quicker than Mercedes. Seems like Ferrari have really caught up and overtaken Mercedes this season. 

Could be an interesting race tomorrow.

Odd, last year the Mercs preferred colder conditions!

Although Ferrari have clearly moved closer I don't think we can say they are, performance wise, ahead of Merc....yet. Melbourne would have been Lewis's if he had been given the correct number. Bahrain Ferrari was fastest in Qualli trim but Merc had the faster race car. I think most of the drivers on the grid would have made more of an effort that Bottas did, certainly Lewis getting the grid drop did Ferrari a huge favour. All that said however Ferrari were much faster yesterday. Race temps will be warmer apparently, lets see....

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Well.....that turned out to be interesting.

Looked like Merc had made a good move at the first pit stop getting Bottas into first place but then came the safety car....combined with a bit of Mad Max.

Red Bull had the perfect call with their second pit stop when the safety car call came and Ricciardo never looked back. Some fantastic overtaking from him.

Max also had the pace with the new tyres but the 'Mad' bit seemed to take over a couple of times with him eventually getting a 10 second penalty for the clash with Vettel.

I expect Hamilton will be fairly happy with end result re Vettel. Lewis never really seemed to be quite on the pace this weekend but managed to close the points gap to Vettel.

Drive of the day for me Ricciardo.

Yeah defo drive of the day by Ricciardo, he's some overtaker! I do think red bull take more risks as they dont have as much to lose, they wont be fighting for the championship. I think Ricciardo could be off to Mercedes, what you think?

If it hadn't been for the quick thinking of Red Bull to pit their cars in front of the safety car, I doubt Riccardo would have finished in the top 6. If Verstappen hadn't behaved like a headless chicken (yet again), I would have fancied him for the win. Whenever Hamilton is negative about the car before the race, he doesn't preform well, just ambles through the race with his pet lip out. Bottas proved this, a far inferior driver in the same car finished well ahead of him.

My driver of the day, Alonso, still one of the greats.

Your right about Hamilton, I noticed that myself. If he's not on top of the car he doesnt perform well. Agree about red bull but thats racing. Ferrari still have the fastest car.

Unfortunately for Alonso it looks like he wont win another championship unless he sticks around for another 5 years + or moves team.

4 minutes ago, Scherzzo said:

Unfortunately for Alonso it looks like he wont win another championship unless he sticks around for another 5 years + or moves team.

If he had stayed with Ferrari would be a multiple world champion now. Burnt his bridges with Ferrari which only leaves Mercedes that could give him a winning car. Doubt that Hamilton would want him as a team mate!

Didnt Kimi fall out with Ferrari back in 2008? Alonso also burnt his bridges with McLaren and he ended up back there. I see your point but its not completely out of the question for him to go back to Ferrari, obviously vettel would never have him as a team mate.

6 hours ago, Scherzzo said:

I think Ricciardo could be off to Mercedes, what you think?

I think Hamilton would not be impressed if Ricciardo went to Mercedes. He could well win a championship in a Merc.

Unlike Vettel and Alonso, Hamilton has always said he doesn't mind who his team mate is as long as they have the same machinery. Ricciardo is not a vettel or alonso type character which makes me think it's possible, but we shall see! Bottas could then be off to ferrari if Kimi leaves.

Interesting result, very well played by Red Bull. I'm happy #anyonebutVettel :)

Hamilton's performance related petulance has grown in recent years. He clearly has other stuff going on in his life and is only really interested in F1 if he is fighting for the win or winning.  If Ferrari start to run away with the ChpShp he may not be back next year, he's still delaying signing a new contract.....

Bottas.... You have to like the guy but in pretty much every race you end up thinking someone else would do better.

Danny Ric to Merc? Yep that's been a long time rumour. On paper Hamilton has never blocked a team mate and probably wouldn't. He did seem to be happy with Bottas last year but it was probably because the atmosphere was so much nicer than the Rosberg days. Rosberg ended up being a swotty little cheat to win from Hamilton, it was that aspect that got up Lewis's nose, understandably. Danny comes across as more of your upfront, everything on the table, lets just race fairly, kind of guy. Might even be a better match for Hamilton as Bottas clearly isn't pushing him to perform.

I don't think Kimi ever fell out with Ferrari. There were a lot of considerations re his leaving and Alonso signing, mainly starting with the $ sign followed by a healthy amount of zeros. Alonso however has over his career earned himself the reputation for petulance. That said no door is ever fully closed. After Spygate etc I would have never imagined him back at Mclaren!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

From what I can see, it looks like Hamilton doesnt want to be in F1, your right there I think. He looked so much happier years ago, watch the classic races on sky f1 and you'll see what I mean. It common knowledge that he doesnt get on with the other drivers.

F1 just announced an increase in the amount of fuel a car is allowed to carry. With the new fuel capacity the cars can run at full power for the entire race. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

54 minutes ago, likeaking said:

F1 just announced an increase in the amount of fuel a car is allowed to carry. With the new fuel capacity the cars can run at full power for the entire race. 

An extra 5kg from next year. Not heard from the teams yet at to whether that is enough to stop all fuel saving. 80kg minimum driver weight is a good idea.

RULES

1NQq.gif