IGNORED

Formula 1

Kim Jong Il

Hamilton

Vettel

Raikonnen

Good start by Vettel to take the lead at the first corner but it didn't last long.

From then on Lewis was never really under any threat, though it did get a bit close at the pit stop exit when Lewis came back out.

Excellent drive from Verstappen who got past Kimi on the last corner to take third only to be judged to have left the track and hit with a 5 second penalty effectively giving Kimi the place back.

Mercedes take the manufacturers title.

Hamilton extends his lead to 66 points with 75 points to play for. 5th place or better in Mexico will do it regardless of where Vettel finishes.

Edited by Kim Jong Il

6 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

Excellent drive from Verstappen who got past Kimi on the last corner to take third only to be judged to have left the track and hit with a 5 second penalty effectively giving Kimi the place back.......................

Great drive by Max.

I haven't looked yet, but I suppose if he did take a short cut (all 4 wheels off) then the roolz is the roolz...this is F1 not MotoGP after all.  :rolleyes:

From a simplistic spectator PoV it does reinforce what Marquez said though ".....n the end, this is racing and if we go down with the limit, it becomes likes Formula One racing. In the end, this is why MotoGP is going up."

19 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

Well....

That was some introduction of the drivers.

Ladeeeeeeeeees    aaaaand   gentlemen....

I was expecting them to start boxing, or maybe that's an introduction to the fight that's coming on track.

Are we in America by any chance!

Race on

Apparently he has copyrighted 'lets gets ready to rumble' and has made over $150 million from it! Amazing world!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

5 minutes ago, PepeLePew said:

Apparently he has copyrighted 'lets gets ready to rumble' and has made over $150 million from it! Amazing world!

Wow.

He's obviously a better business man than me....and a little bit richer!

30 minutes ago, PepeLePew said:

They say he made $400 million from it :)

1 hour ago, mbamber said:

They say he made $400 million from it :)

Yes the figures vary wildly, some say he makes $5m every time he is booked for a boxing match but that's bollox. The $150m figure is from his brother/manager and is income over 3 years from merchandising the phrase.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

9 minutes ago, PepeLePew said:

Yes the figures vary wildly, some say he makes $5m every time he is booked for a boxing match but that's bollox. The $150m figure is from his brother/manager and is income over 3 years from merchandising the phrase.

He got treatment for throat cancer in 2008 maybe he likes eating Thai pussy. :)

19 hours ago, Edge said:

Great drive by Max.

I haven't looked yet, but I suppose if he did take a short cut (all 4 wheels off) then the roolz is the roolz...this is F1 not MotoGP after all.  :rolleyes:

From a simplistic spectator PoV it does reinforce what Marquez said though ".....n the end, this is racing and if we go down with the limit, it becomes likes Formula One racing. In the end, this is why MotoGP is going up."

He did and he gained an advantage however in my view and in most of the worlds view it should have been given a pass.

That said it was technically correctly applied and I don't think the detailed nuances of racing should be diluted just so the simplistic spectator POV is kept happy. There is every difference between deliberately going off track, being forced off and the advantages and disadvantages thereof. Clearly the average casual viewer can't be expected to understand. The problem in Austin was that in some corners, 19 for instance they were allowed to do what they liked, and did, and that all race cars were going off track in clean laps and during fights. I've yet to see an instance though where a driver deliberately went over the white lines and took and kept an advantage like Max did.

Anyway last race when it was suggested he could catch up Raikkonen in the ChpShp he said he couldn't care less about that so I don't see why he was so upset at 4th rather than 3rd. Clearly he's only interested in winning :)

Jos's Twitter feed is worth a look, he's always been a special cnut, I try not to let that colour how I feel about his son https://twitter.com/MaVic009

RULES

1NQq.gif

Max piled into a gap which was there, but wasn't going to be by the apex.
As Kimi cut across him it sounds like there was contact and Max had nowhere left to go except across the corner.
If all 4 wheels were off the track then the rules were applied correctly.....just a bit of a damper on an already boring race.

12 hours ago, Edge said:

Max piled into a gap which was there, but wasn't going to be by the apex.
As Kimi cut across him it sounds like there was contact and Max had nowhere left to go except across the corner.
If all 4 wheels were off the track then the rules were applied correctly.....just a bit of a damper on an already boring race.

Kimi gave him enough space to keep one wheel one side of the line, he chose not to - is how I'm guessing they decided on the penalty. Apparently there is history with that particular steward.

Boring race? Well if you think that perhaps stick to MGP as that is always more entertaining from the simplistic spectator POV

RULES

1NQq.gif

I mainly do of course but usually hope triumphs over expectation in F1.

Yes perhaps there was room or perhaps Max would have t-boned him but it looked like once they touched Max took the safe option....sometimes bike racers do that too.  :rolleyes:

The manoeuvre by Max looked good at first but one angle he is a long way from Kimi who has given him enough space but he cut the corner and gain an advantage so the penalty. What he needs to worry about now is having a go at the stewards bit like the mods they have made a decision and he has to live with it. Could be a further Penalty possibly  on his super licence.

Edited by mbamber

1 hour ago, Edge said:

I mainly do of course but usually hope triumphs over expectation in F1.

Yes perhaps there was room or perhaps Max would have t-boned him but it looked like once they touched Max took the safe option....sometimes bike racers do that too.  :rolleyes:

Absolutely, as I said before it's the subtle nuances of each situation that don't get across to the average simplistic spectator, or fanboy indeed. But who cares about them. They'll either watch and enjoy or not. Doesn't change the sport for those who enjoy a deeper understanding of it.

RULES

1NQq.gif

55 minutes ago, mbamber said:

The manoeuvre by Max looked good at first but one angle he is a long way from Kimi who has given him enough space but he cut the corner and gain an advantage so the penalty. What he needs to worry about now is having a go at the stewards bit like the mods they have made a decision and he has to live with it. Could be a further Penalty possibly  on his super licence.

I think he got a penalty point as well. The steward really doesn't like him  :Laugh1:

RULES

1NQq.gif

55 minutes ago, PepeLePew said:

I think he got a penalty point as well. The steward really doesn't like him  :Laugh1:

He got 1 for gaining an advantage, I am on about having a go at the stewards he may get points for that.

44 minutes ago, mbamber said:

He got 1 for gaining an advantage, I am on about having a go at the stewards he may get points for that.

Ah right, gotcha. Mebbe, mebbe not. I think the worst thing he said was 'I hope no one turns up next year'. Apple certainly doesn't fall far from the tree it appears.

RULES

1NQq.gif

Daniil Kvyat has been give the Royal order of the boot after the Mexican GP, he has been told he is free to go elsewhere 

I heard they were keeping Hartley for Mexico, and obviously Gasley is back (His SuperFormula race was cancelled btw, he could have driven COTA :) ). Beyond that I heard no news on his future though it seems that dropping Danny is inevitable. He's had more chances than most to show his talents. A lack of consistency has been his downfall.

RULES

1NQq.gif

"All in all, I think the accusations of inconsistency are pretty much without foundation – the only time that it was absolutely clear that the driver gained an advantage [in Austin], the driver was duly penalised and that is really where we are coming from, I believe."

Charlie Whiting

RULES

1NQq.gif

Wonder where Kvyat will go from here.

Indy, sports cars, go carts......... Doesn't seem to be any chatter about his future other than he's finished in F1.

19 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

Wonder where Kvyat will go from here.

Indy, sports cars, go carts......... Doesn't seem to be any chatter about his future other than he's finished in F1.

Yeah, one of those or Formula E, perhaps he'll end up as Palmers co driver somewhere :) .

When Hartley was dropped from Red Bull he raced pretty much anything, inc a vintage mini. He eventually made a good enough living from WEC to live in Monaco.....

RULES

1NQq.gif

Interesting fact about Mexico

It's quite a twisty track so downforce is required but due to the altitude and thin air even the Monaco spec package will only produce 80% of the load produced at Monza!

RULES

1NQq.gif

Bernie Ecclestone has come out with the FIA Ferrari & Himself took action to give Ferrari an advantage now I know he is probably bitter but it's always been suspected that's why we call it Ferrari International assistance.

• Like 1

Missed quali as I've just arrived back in UK.

Can see on BBC Sport that Vettel has just pipped Max to pole with Hamilton almost half a second off pole time in 3rd.

If the order finishes like this then I can't see that Hamilton will be very upset.

That was not what I was expecting but....

First, congratulations to Hamilton on his 4th world title.....despite finishing 9th having also been lapped!

Secondly, congratulations to Max for absolutely blitzing the race having taken the lead at the first corner and winning by 20 seconds from Bottas.

Verstappen

Bottas

Raikonnen

I won't try and describe the first couple of corners. 

Why did Vettel touch Hamilton when Hamilton was basically a car length in front. Anyway, it was costly for both of them and spoilt what could have been a good race between the two of them.

Bottas could still relegate Vettel to 3rd in the championship so  still some interest for the last couple of races.