IGNORED

Formula 1

Kim Jong Il

Great debut so far for Gasly, just a tenth and half off Sainz.

It's nowhere near over for Vettel yet. Kimi was just a 10th shy of Lewis so we can assume Seb would have been a 10th or 2 faster. He can easily make his way through to 3rd by the end and if Kimi is then between him and first place that means 2nd. Bottas could be the key player tomorrow.

18 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

Roughly translated that could mean yeah yeah yeah, at the next round of new engine regs (2021?) RB will be out and Aston will take over the team.

Then again.......!?"!   Lots of speculation as usual.

Speculation is what makes discussing these things fun (usually! :) )

Aston is only just starting to make a profit, first time this year (£21m) after turning losses for ages (£80M 2016). It's owned by various factions inc an Italian investment co and an Indian car company, even Merc owns 5% I think. A stock exchange listing has been mooted but I think a buy out by RB (Or current RB F1 management) is more likely than Aston in it's current state taking over an F1 team that needs $300 to $500 mill a year to run.

• Like 1

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

18 minutes ago, Pepe Le Pew said:

Great debut so far for Gasly, just a tenth and half off Sainz.

It's nowhere near over for Vettel yet. Kimi was just a 10th shy of Lewis so we can assume Seb would have been a 10th or 2 faster. He can easily make his way through to 3rd by the end and if Kimi is then between him and first place that means 2nd. Bottas could be the key player tomorrow.

Speculation is what makes discussing these things fun (usually! :) )

Aston is only just starting to make a profit, first time this year (£21m) after turning losses for ages (£80M 2016). It's owned by various factions inc an Italian investment co and an Indian car company, even Merc owns 5% I think. A stock exchange listing has been mooted but I think a buy out by RB (Or current RB F1 management) is more likely than Aston in it's current state taking over an F1 team that needs $300 to $500 mill a year to run.

I don't think he will get by the Red Bull's that easy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Yes fair point, neither will be easy although Max will probably break down or crash :)

• Like 1

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

2 minutes ago, Pepe Le Pew said:

Yes fair point, neither will be easy although Max will probably break down or crash :)

Yes but it will be Vettel he will crash in to.:)

Well better idea by Vettel he crashed into Stroll after he finished 4th blamed Stroll of course. :)

• Like 2

Was it just me or was the site not working earlier, not possible to post anything!

Anyway, the final Malaysian GP ends up as a happy birthday to Max.

Verstappen

Hamilton

Ricciardo

Good drive from Vettel to limit the damage points wise, especially as Hamilton can only finish second, but the gap at the top increases.

Red Bulls are a bit interesting as Hamilton could only get to about 10 seconds behind Verstappen and Ricciardo could only get to about 10 seconds behind Hamilton. Was there a big difference in the setup or a big difference in the drivers today.

Strange coming together of Vettel and Stroll on the cooldown lap. Will Vettel have to change the gearbox and incur a 5 place grid penalty.

31 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Well better idea by Vettel he crashed into Stroll after he finished 4th blamed Stroll of course. :)

Such a cnut.

Really pleased for Max he's had a rough year...sounds daft saying F1 win was a long time coming for a 20yo but it felt that way...nice HBD.

Edited by Edge
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Kim Jong Il said:

Was it just me or was the site not working earlier, not possible to post anything!

Anyway, the final Malaysian GP ends up as a happy birthday to Max.

Verstappen

Hamilton

Ricciardo

Good drive from Vettel to limit the damage points wise, especially as Hamilton can only finish second, but the gap at the top increases.

Red Bulls are a bit interesting as Hamilton could only get to about 10 seconds behind Verstappen and Ricciardo could only get to about 10 seconds behind Hamilton. Was there a big difference in the setup or a big difference in the drivers today.

Strange coming together of Vettel and Stroll on the cooldown lap. Will Vettel have to change the gearbox and incur a 5 place grid penalty.

No I could not post only read must have been the site seems Sunday's there can be problems ?

I guess we will never know for sure if Kimi's great qualifying car was re-liveried and swapped for Vettel's poor qualifying car in an effort to improve damage limitations. He was always going to progress well through the fiels, it was just a case of how much and how far. Shame Mercedes couldn't provide Bottas with a good enough car to keep Vettel behind

Look forward to the good news that Vettel will be in receipt of a grid penatly in Japan for having his gearbox changed. Fingers crossed. If not, that'll just be another injustice in Ferrari's favour.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

12 hours ago, mbamber said:

Absolutely no Vettel fan but after seeing this footage from the onboard of Massa ... 

On 30/09/2017 at 17:41, mbamber said:

You were bang on! I was surprised Dan Ric managed to hold him off so easily.

20 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

Yep, site was down for a few hours.

Very interesting race. Shame we couldn't see the true pace of the Ferrari v RB battle. Vettel was gifted a position by Kimi's retirement so would no doubt have been 5th otherwise, and Lewis probably 3rd, Merc pace was dreadful. That said Bottas did a decent job of holding off Ricciardo which helped Lewis, as did Alonso on Vettel early on. If he'd got by the Mclaren quicker the end may have been a bit more exciting than it turned out.

19 hours ago, Edge said:

Such a cnut.

Really pleased for Max he's had a rough year...sounds daft saying F1 win was a long time coming for a 20yo but it felt that way...nice HBD.

His first 'on merit' win (if you forget the Ferrari debacle which I'll give him as it all happened pre start :) ) as Spain was a bit of a gift. He looked in command from the off, made short work of Lewis whilst Danni made a meal of Bottas. Considering and apart from his young age he is still an F1 rookie (albeit in his senior yr) when he puts it together and doesn't make stupid moves he drives like a vet!

7 hours ago, jerry said:

Absolutely no Vettel fan but after seeing this footage from the onboard of Massa ... 

On a slow down lap you have to expect all the cars to be swerving about looking for pick up. Don't overtake on the outside, giving no room and with a huge speed differential. It was like he was still in the race and expected Stroll to concede the corner. Stroll had finished racing and was no longer looking for banzai moves from the car behind.

RULES

1NQq.gif

So Ferrari have inspected Vettel's gearbox and say its all okay so no grid penalties.

Wonder how it function when its on the car. Seems like quite a bit at stake if they're wrong about this one.

Incidentally, did anyone hear anything more about the coming together of Vettel and Stroll? Seems to have gone quiet on that front.

21 minutes ago, Kim Jong Il said:

So Ferrari have inspected Vettel's gearbox and say its all okay so no grid penalties.

Wonder how it function when its on the car. Seems like quite a bit at stake if they're wrong about this one.

Incidentally, did anyone hear anything more about the coming together of Vettel and Stroll? Seems to have gone quiet on that front.

Vettel let off again......stewards took no action, neither driver wholly to blame.

OK true, Vettel was only 99% to blame.

• Like 2

Officials said looked into the collision and deemed it a racing incident despite the race having finished. They did not look into Vettel taking the steering wheel with him or his riding on Pascals car, both against regs, as 'the incidents were not reported' :)

RULES

1NQq.gif

FIA stewards said it was nobody's fault. FIA is Ferrari international assistance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, mbamber said:

FIA stewards said it was nobody's fault. FIA is Ferrari international assistance.

Hmmmm sort of.

"....the stewards determined neither driver could be considered ‘wholly or predominantly to blame".

2 minutes ago, Edge said:

Hmmmm sort of.

"....the stewards determined neither driver could be considered ‘wholly or predominantly to blame".

I am in Tenerife and the maid came in to clean the room just as it happened heard Vettel's comment then there was one play back IMO of that I think Vettel was being an idiot will watch more when I get home.

5 minutes ago, mbamber said:

I am in Tenerife and the maid came in to clean the room just as it happened heard Vettel's comment then there was one play back IMO of that I think Vettel was being an idiot will watch more when I get home.

Vettel came swooping in from out wide going much faster than Stroll.
You can see from the clip that Jerry posted that Stroll was moving to the right, a bit, but basically Vettel just chopped him.
Coming from behind at that speed on the slow down lap it was predominantly Vettewl's fault IMO.
He's the one who wasn't looking when he should have been.....only he's got a red car so I suppose everyone should know to get out of his way, as Max found out in the previous race.

How did it go with the Maid?

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1

I also heard Verstappen had the flu all week. No wonder he was asking for sugary drinks. 

Having the flu and winning. Not bad. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Edge said:

Vettel came swooping in from out wide going much faster than Stroll.
You can see from the clip that Jerry posted that Stroll was moving to the right, a bit, but basically Vettel just chopped him.
Coming from behind at that speed on the slow down lap it was predominantly Vettewl's fault IMO.
He's the one who wasn't looking when he should have been.....only he's got a red car so I suppose everyone should know to get out of his way, as Max found out in the previous race.

How did it go with the Maid?

Left the Maid to clean the room the dirty minded person :)

58 minutes ago, eXplosief said:

I also heard Verstappen had the flu all week. No wonder he was asking for sugary drinks. 

Having the flu and winning. Not bad. 

Perez had a proper virus, he was so ill he was on a drip the night before and still managed 6th :)

RULES

1NQq.gif

3 hours ago, Pepe Le Pew said:

Officials said looked into the collision and deemed it a racing incident despite the race having finished. They did not look into Vettel taking the steering wheel with him or his riding on Pascals car, both against regs, as 'the incidents were not reported' :)

Because it was Vettels steering wheel in  the Raikkonens car. No proof to show anybody.

• Like 1

New footage of Sebastian Vettel's collision with Lance Stroll after the Malaysia GP has emerged and been published by Sky Sports F1.

The fresh camera angles, which were not available for examination by the Sepang stewards when they investigated the crash, are from on-board Stroll's Williams car and seemingly exonerate the teenager from blame - while asking fresh questions about Vettel's post-race manoeuvre.

The footage shows that Stroll maintains a consistent turn through Turn Five at Sepang and then sharpened his steering angle away from the overtaking Vettel when the Ferrari drew up alongside him.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11067518/sky-sports-f1-exclusive-new-footage-of-sebastian-vettel-lance-stroll-crash-released

Honestly, that's what I saw the first time and that's why I said 'cnut' up there.

Whatever the stewards saw or didn't see, for sure Vettel knew it was his fault but tried to blame the young guy....it's what makes him a complete cnut.

• Like 1

Vettel has gotten away with far too much over recent years.

Ferrari have always gotten away with stuff.

• Like 3