IGNORED

Formula 1

Kim Jong Il

10 minutes ago, jerry said:

Trying to avoid Verstappen who is on his turn trying to avoid that clown Vettel ... 

Raikkonen was also steering towards verstappen. But having seen it a few times now I agree Vettel was also to blame a lot. 

.....and another safety car. Kvyat out

Vettel in the wrong.....oh dear surely not.

I wonder how long it will take him to admit it this time.

Max's run of luck continues.

13 minutes ago, Edge said:

Vettel in the wrong.....oh dear surely not.

I wonder how long it will take him to admit it this time.

Max's run of luck continues.

This time you can call it bad luck or a calculated risk placing your car in that position. But he will never win without taking the risks. 

Hamilton

Ricciardo

Bottas

What a start. Probably going to finger pointing until this time next week.

The official Ferrari twitter comment is 'its all Verstappens fault'.

The general consensus seems to point the finger at Vettel. It will be interesting to see what the stewards say!

Apart from that it settled down to a smooth run for the the top three. Hamilton now has a lead of more than a DNF. Mercedes now over 100 points clear in the manufacture's trophy.

4 minutes ago, Kim Jong Il said:

Hamilton

Ricciardo

Bottas

What a start. Probably going to finger pointing until this time next week.

The official Ferrari twitter comment is 'its all Verstappens fault'.

The general consensus seems to point the finger at Vettel. It will be interesting to see what the stewards say!

Apart from that it settled down to a smooth run for the the top three. Hamilton now has a lead of more than a DNF. Mercedes now over 100 points clear in the manufacture's trophy.

Well IMO the Manufacturer's championship is over only Mercedes can lose it. 

Ferrari say it was Verstappens fault the crash Christian Horner says no way he was completely innocent, watched it a few times Kim got a good start expected Max to move right and Sebastian expected him to move left he was fucked.

Clear 'pinzer' move by the Ferraris.....

........would've been funny if Max could have braked out of it and just let them crash into each other.

Great fireworks display.

• Like 3

Capture1.JPG

Leally ... ? Think the stewards might have a bit of a different thought about that one . 

• Like 2

Watching the race now....Hamilton in the lead! Great:D

17 hours ago, mbamber said:

Ferrari say it was Verstappens fault the crash Christian Horner says no way he was completely innocent, watched it a few times Kim got a good start expected Max to move right and Sebastian expected him to move left he was fucked.

Perfect strategy by Mercedes to qualify in 5th & 6th  , well away from the carnage .

Yes Max ,   Vettel is up for bumper cars .   Expensive .

Mikeyboy

• Like 2

Well that was interesting :)

No one's 'fault' but Vettels. He did nothing wrong or against the rules but it was yet another indication of why although he is a multiple WDC his name is never mentioned in the same breath as the true greats. He got a great pole and was sitting pretty yet he risked everything in the first 50 metres by trying to crowd everyone else out. A racing incident that ruined Max's, Kimi's and Alonso's race and his championship. Will he learn? Will he fuck he's a petulant personality.

Had he not been swiped Alonso would have been 3rd after turn 1 and 2nd by turn 4! Still lots of points for the midfield teams with particularly good races for Sainz and Hulk until he DNF'd

On 17/09/2017 at 15:23, mbamber said:

Well IMO the Manufacturer's championship is over only Mercedes can lose it. 

That's been the case for ages and will continue next season unless Kimi ups his game considerably and consistently.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Vettel will lose a lot of sleep over this unnecessary blocking move, it cost him a chance at the championship. A lesson for every driver; clean driving pays. We where cheated out of seeing IF Hamilton could have passed the cars that qualified faster than him. When he starts upfront he wins but when he is forced to start father back he does not impress. 

32 minutes ago, Palaeojeo said:

Vettel will lose a lot of sleep over this unnecessary blocking move, it cost him a chance at the championship. A lesson for every driver; clean driving pays. We where cheated out of seeing IF Hamilton could have passed the cars that qualified faster than him. When he starts upfront he wins but when he is forced to start father back he does not impress. 

Bit premature maybe? Still 6 races to go, anything can happen. Put Mad Max next to Hamilton on the grid and he could have a DNF as well :-)

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 19/09/2017 at 02:51, Palaeojeo said:

We where cheated out of seeing IF Hamilton could have passed the cars that qualified faster than him. When he starts upfront he wins but when he is forced to start father back he does not impress. 

I think you need to watch a few of his wet race performances. We'll never know if he'd have OT the RBs and Ferrari's, it was certainly a possibility whilst the track was wet but had it been dry it was clear the Merc was not built for that type of track. that fact made it all the more important that Ferrari capitalised there.

In other news the CEO of Aston Martin was interviewed on the grid. He was wearing a RB shirt and said unequivocally that if the new 2021 engine regs made it economical they would be building an F1 engine.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

They say not. It's possible that Kyvat will get his seat back next year when Sainz goes to Renault.

Did anyone notice that Aston Martin will be Red Bulls title sponsor next year. I can't see that being a fit with Honda engines for 2019 and the new regs (if acceptable for Aston) don't start until 2021!

RULES

1NQq.gif

31 minutes ago, Pepe Le Pew said:

They say not. It's possible that Kyvat will get his seat back next year when Sainz goes to Renault.

Did anyone notice that Aston Martin will be Red Bulls title sponsor next year. I can't see that being a fit with Honda engines for 2019 and the new regs (if acceptable for Aston) don't start until 2021!

Yes I Don't think it was a good idea.

Interview with Alonso I agree with him he had a good chance in the race. 

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132073/alonso-punched-a-hole-through-singapore-wall

18 hours ago, mbamber said:

Interview with Alonso I agree with him he had a good chance in the race. 

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132073/alonso-punched-a-hole-through-singapore-wall

I'd have said it was an easy 4th in the bag, whether he'd have held off Bottas is up for grabs.

In other news on the rumour mill -

Aston Martin + Red Bull - As Deitrich Matey-shits looks to be slowly withdrawing from F1 some have said Aston may look at buying the team. Unlikely if you look at Astons current business figures. What may add up is Red Bull selling the team to one or more of the current management who would pay for it by keeping RB as a name sponsor for x years. The new owners would then purchase Aston with VC to add brand value to both, eventually renaming after RB was done.

Kvyat may not be all done yet. Pierre Gasly races in Super Formula and is in the title fight. Austin conflicts with a SF race.......................

RULES

1NQq.gif

Watching the interview on Sky F1 with Christian Horner and he was all like no no no, RB are in it for the long haul. Aston are just a commercial sponsor that we work closely with etc etc.

Roughly translated that could mean yeah yeah yeah, at the next round of new engine regs (2021?) RB will be out and Aston will take over the team.

Then again.......!?"!   Lots of speculation as usual.

Edited by Kim Jong Il
addition

Well is this the end of the Championship race ?

7 minutes ago, mbamber said:

Well is this the end of the Championship race ?

If Hamilton finishes in the top 3 then I suspect it is.

Hamilton takes pole for the last Malaysian GP, closely followed by Raikonen and Verstappen.

After not looking so good during the FP sessions Mercedes pull something out of the bag....how do they do it.

Vettel looks dead and buried at the back....no driver that started outside of the top 10 has ever managed to finish on the podium here.

Interesting race tomorrow.....maybe. Can't see it will make much difference where Hamilton finishes as long as he is top 3 as I can't see Vettel getting too many points out of this. 

All Lewis has to do now is keep Vettel behind for the himself for the next 5 races....easy eh!

Just wondering now if Ferrari change a bunch of stuff on Vettel's car now to take all the penalty hits in one go and not compromise the last races of the season.

4 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

Hamilton takes pole for the last Malaysian GP, closely followed by Raikonen and Verstappen.

After not looking so good during the FP sessions Mercedes pull something out of the bag....how do they do it.

Vettel looks dead and buried at the back....no driver that started outside of the top 10 has ever managed to finish on the podium here.

Interesting race tomorrow.....maybe. Can't see it will make much difference where Hamilton finishes as long as he is top 3 as I can't see Vettel getting too many points out of this. 

All Lewis has to do now is keep Vettel behind for the himself for the next 5 races....easy eh!

Just wondering now if Ferrari change a bunch of stuff on Vettel's car now to take all the penalty hits in one go and not compromise the last races of the season.

I have heard that they fitted his final engine for this race, so I would be suprised if they do not take another engine and engine bits and get a 20 grid position penalty.