Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Formula 1

Kim Jong Il

1 hour ago, Kim Jong Il said:

Just been reading the BBC race report. They say that the FIA review of all the data showed that Hamilton did not brake test Vettel and that Hamilton's restart of the race was exactly the same as all the other restarts he led.

................................Question is how long will he be allowed to get away with it before he causes an accident.

As has been noted previously, Ferrari historically have 'gotten away it' so many times in the past and the trend seems like it will continue.

Well we're not exactly waiting for the accidents, just Google 'Vettel's accidents' and let's not forget what he did to his own team mate Webber.

Watching it again, I don't think the rear ending was even a mistake, I think Vettel was already in rage mode and did it deliberately.

His other characteristic is that after such incidents we get the arrogance, the blatant lies and of course the complete lack of remorse despite the indisputable evidence.

• Like 1

So , all in all this race was exactly what Formula 1 needed after a series of sterile processions .

I'm looking forward to the next installment in Austria

Mikeyboy

• Like 3

Looks like their may be some further investigation into Vettel's action according to the Daily Mail sports section.

• 2 weeks later...

So this weekend sees everyone in Austria for lots of laps of the shortest track on the calendar.

Williams arrive with a host of upgrades hoping to improve on a good Baku result and Mercedes arrive knowing they will have to change Hamilton's gearbox and take a 5 place grid penalty.....though they don't tell anyone till end of Friday practice.

Q1 sees both the Williams go out so no good seems to come from the upgrades. Apart from that no surprises.

Q2 see's Hamilton quickest using the super soft tyres rather than the ultra soft's so maybe some strategic thinking for the race ahead.

Q3 and Bottas is quickest followed by Vettel then Hamilton. Grosjean breaks down with about 30 seconds of quali remaining which screws up a few drivers final laps, including Hamilton's.

So Bottas, Vettel and Raikkonen it is then for the first 3.......Hamilton starts from 8th.

So, the race started off in an interesting fashion with Bottas making a brilliant start, which was then investigated as a possible jump start but found not to be. Verstappen got bogged down on the line and lost ground only to be taken out on the first corner when Kvyat hit Alonso who hit Verstappen which ended up in retirement for Alonso and Verstappen and a drive through penalty for Kvyat.

From then on the race was rather uneventful to say the least. The only time it got a little bit exciting was the last 2 laps when Bottas came under pressure from Vettel and Hamilton was applying pressure to Ricciardo.....all to no avail of course.

So we finished Bottas, Vettel then Ricciardo with Hamilton managing 4th from his start position of 8th.

Hopefully Silverstone next week will be a bit more interesting!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

So, the race started off in an interesting fashion with Bottas making a brilliant start, which was then investigated as a possible jump start but found not to be. Verstappen got bogged down on the line and lost ground only to be taken out on the first corner when Kvyat hit Alonso who hit Verstappen which ended up in retirement for Alonso and Verstappen and a drive through penalty for Kvyat.

From then on the race was rather uneventful to say the least. The only time it got a little bit exciting was the last 2 laps when Bottas came under pressure from Vettel and Hamilton was applying pressure to Ricciardo.....all to no avail of course.

So we finished Bottas, Vettel then Ricciardo with Hamilton managing 4th from his start position of 8th.

Hopefully Silverstone next week will be a bit more interesting!

Good rundown .  

Seemed the last 10 or 15 laps we were seeing super slow mo replays of degrading tyres and not much else . 

Vettel should be happy stretching his lead over Hamilton .

Mikeyboy

I think a commentator said when Bottas put the last set of tyres on that Pirelli said they were good for 30 laps and there were 32 to go?

Exactly right which made for the close finish?

5 place grid penalty for bottas this weekend. Gearbox change. 

Alonso has a 30 place penalty so will be starting from the old grid slots !!!!!

16 minutes ago, Burkie1203 said:

5 place grid penalty for bottas this weekend. Gearbox change. 

Alonso has a 30 place penalty so will be starting from the old grid slots !!!!!

So usual for Alonso & Honda :D

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, mbamber said:

So usual for Alonso & Honda :D

Its beyond a joke. How can a company of that stature spend so much money and get it so badly wrong. 

• Like 3

Missed qualifying as I was out shopping......don't get on my case toooo much, I was shopping for a motorbike!

A quick look on the BBC website tells me that Hamilton has done it, equalling the most poles for a British Grand Prix so well done to him.

Hopefully will be a good race tomorrow with a good result for Hamilton....he needs to start scoring more than Vettel for the next half a dozen races really.

4 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

Missed qualifying as I was out shopping......don't get on my case toooo much, I was shopping for a motorbike!

A quick look on the BBC website tells me that Hamilton has done it, equalling the most poles for a British Grand Prix so well done to him.

Hopefully will be a good race tomorrow with a good result for Hamilton....he needs to start scoring more than Vettel for the next half a dozen races really.

Gutted for ricciardo. Am big fan of his. Hope the ferraris can keep Ham honest. Rain would be nice

37 minutes ago, Burkie1203 said:

Gutted for ricciardo. Am big fan of his. Hope the ferraris can keep Ham honest. Rain would be nice

Good chance of rain.

If we get some real rain then I would possibly fancy Hamilton or Verstappen. Agree about Ricciardo, probably the most likeable driver on the grid for me, as well as being a very good driver.

555 Great result.....

• Like 1

Well done to Ricciardo & Bottas both made up positions usual for Alonso, but Ferrari you fucked up big time ran the drivers too long on the tyres. Vettal came in too soon for a 1 stop race. As far as Hamilton 4th consecutive Silverstone winner. 

• Like 1

Wow....what can you say about that.

Flawless drive by Hamilton to take his 4th consecutive British grand prix win. Superb drive by Bottas and a fantastic drive by Ricciardo to come from the back of the grid.

Lap 1 excitement was all about Verstappen and Vettel and the two Torro Rosso's hitting each other.

The Verstappen Vettel battle continued to be interesting till Seb came in to change tyres.

It all seemed to settle down then but with a couple of laps to go Kimi gets a puncture which moves Vettel up a place. One lap to go and Vettel gets a puncture and drops to seventh. What a finish!

I would like to be a fly on the wall in the Ferrari debriefing meeting!!!

7 minutes ago, Kim Jong Il said:

I would like to be a fly on the wall in the Ferrari debriefing meeting!!!

I am waiting to see Vettel's interview he was reporting tyre problems could have come in and had a safe 4th.

I just hope someone has sense keep Silverstone, would be terrible to lose the British Grand Prix

Was nice to see Billy Monger there. 

Edited by mbamber
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mbamber said:

I am waiting to see Vettel's interview he was reporting tyre problems could have come in and had a safe 4th.

I just hope someone has sense keep Silverstone, would be terrible to lose the British Grand Prix

Was nice to see Billy Monger there. 

Crap race bar opening few laps and last 5.  

F1 needs a few rain showers to make it interesting. 

^^^

Maybe just hating Vettel was enough to make it an enjoyable race and a geat result, but of course a Brit winning the Brit GP made for a great occasion.

Good to see Kimi up there and good drives by Bottas, Ricciardo and of course Max, whose time must surely come soon.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Edge said:

^^^

Maybe just hating Vettel was enough to make it an enjoyable race and a geat result, but of course a Brit winning the Brit GP made for a great occasion.

Good to see Kimi up there and good drives by Bottas, Ricciardo and of course Max, whose time must surely come soon.

Yes I for one would have been pissed off if Kimi had been ordered to slow down & let Vettel overtake which I believe would have happened. I felt sorry for Kimi when his tyre failed & I deny cheering when Vettel's failed. :D 

• Like 2

rumours that sainz goes to renault after summer break to replace palmer.  

Kubica seems to have done well in testing. The comeback might be on.  Would be delighted if he returned. Was such a shame to see him lose so many years to a horrific injury

Few tracks coming up now which suit red bull and ferrari more then austria and silverstone do. 

Was just watching the program after the race and it say Kvyat has been given 2 penalty points taking hin to 9.

12 is a race ban so where is the info on this well I looked and found it.

http://f1.wikia.com/wiki/Penalty_points

19 hours ago, Burkie1203 said:

Crap race bar opening few laps and last 5.  

F1 needs a few rain showers to make it interesting. 

I'm sure Max would love that ...