IGNORED

Formula 1

Kim Jong Il

Thoughts on the race? What Max achieved was quite impressive considering the pole/win and what he did in comparison to Checo. But the McLaren's are showing they pretty much aren't going away and have more consistency. In general although not much action during race, due to the layout, qualifying and the balance amongst the field has been fun to watch. Monaco next week, can't wait to watch quali.

• Like 2

On 19/05/2024 at 19:53, airfro said:

Thoughts on the race? What Max achieved was quite impressive considering the pole/win and what he did in comparison to Checo. But the McLaren's are showing they pretty much aren't going away and have more consistency. In general although not much action during race, due to the layout, qualifying and the balance amongst the field has been fun to watch. Monaco next week, can't wait to watch quali.

The RB advantage was almost wiped out. Max still got pole and held out against a serious challenge in the race. It's pointless arguing over who is the fastest or most talented. We're all too partisan..The guy is relentless. He doesn't get enough credit, at least not here in the UK,

Mclaren vs Ferrari looks a close battle. Neither can pass the other. We'll have to see how that plays out and how close they can stay to RB.

Piastri had the best race I can remember. Tyre management has been his biggest weakness. When he put in a purple lap very early in his 2nd stint I thought here we go again. Not wise but he stayed in touch. If he was the one in free air (without his grid penalty) he would have had an even stronger race.

What is up with Perez? He has recovered to an extent this season after a massive under-performance last season. This race made me wish RB would sign Sainz. Although he's not as naturally talented as the elite, he is fast, works his problems and keeps his standard up. He can win over a season against a team mate with a little more natural talent if they don't deliver all season long. I don't really think he would tear RB apart.

Monaco qualifying was a fun one. Checo and Alonso out in Q1, but only 0.5 separating the group. Q3 was a nice one as well. Nice to see Gasly get a confidence boost. Yuki consistently getting a lot of the VCARB and beating up on Danny. Red Bull showing the weakness in slow/mid corners. Oscar really showing he's putting the pressure to Lando, and really in Monaco should finish above him unless some drama happens. And Charles once again getting the pole. Rooting for him to get the monkey off his back at Monaco.

• Like 2

Oscar is doing very well, the best is yet to come I think with him. :)

Poor old Daniel.... 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Sky said something like Logan Sargeant admitted to the team that he had no more speed, After surviving last year, it looks like he will be dropped from F1 this year. Although he didn't get out of Q1 he still out qualified Perez in the Red Bull!

Day later and still elated for Charles. As is Monaco nothing crazy, well except for that first lap lol.

Also I know it's the F1 thread but finish to Indy 500 was good.