IGNORED

Formula 1

Kim Jong Il

5 hours ago, butterfly bob said:

They were nowhere near the corner yet. George had a slow start so he knew cars were going to be coming past faster than him on the straight. Moving to block was risky. He wasn't aware enough of what was happening around him. 

Even Sky, who favour British drivers, crticised him for it.

Bad decision making on his part but not bad enough for a penalty.  

It's the overtaking driver's responsibility to avoid contact at least until he's fully alongside.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

" What an IDIOT......"

3 hours ago, Edge said:

" What an IDIOT......"

I guess you are referring to Mr Hamilton 😏 

Respect to Max. 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

11 minutes ago, Atlas said:

I guess you are referring to Mr Hamilton 😏 

Respect to Max. 

For sure.... Yes
I can only assume that Hamilton was so arrogant that he assumed Alonso would let him through ?  :rolleyes:

Sorry, the video was showing when I posted......try again.

Edited by Edge

• 2 weeks later...

a disappointing end to todays race, but De Vries looked good odds on him getting a full time seat?

Bring back Michael Masi ?

FFS that was terrible.

Edited by Edge

1 hour ago, Edge said:

Bring back Michael Masi ?

FFS that was terrible.

This has nothing to do with Michel, it's because Max is already in front. No bending of regulations needed. 

26 minutes ago, ZRHuser said:

This has nothing to do with Michel, it's because Max is already in front. No bending of regulations needed. 

Keh?

Masi would have reacted faster to save the race as a spectacle....red flag.

No bending of the rules involved, it is the Race Director's prerogative.

Hugh Grant may have brought in a few viewersbut this lost thousands.

It's a sport first and foremost, so it has to be sporting and it has to follow rules, not make them up on the spot in order to placate those who don't understand the ethos.

Some are suggesting it should have been red flagged the moment they realised there was not enough time to clear the track and get racing again. I have some respect for that viewpoint however it forgets that enough of the race had been run for a result to have been called. 3/4 iirc?

If you want a pure entertainment go watch WWE or cartoons or something.. 

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

3 weeks until the next race so i expect the debate over what should have be done will continue for a while, impossible to please everyone I guess but here's hoping that was the one dud ending out of the way for the rest of the season, roll on Singapore. :)

On 11/09/2022 at 21:54, Edge said:

The marshals were way too slow to call the safety car. They should have called a VSC while they worked it all out. The leaders had already completed the lap so couldn't pit.

It should have been red flagged when they knew racing could not resume again. Why run down the clock as if a car parade is entertainment? They need to remember that this is a sport.

After the post mortem from last year we all now know the regulations give the race director the power to override the normal minimum 2 laps behind the SC (after the track is safe again). But if a powerful team loses a place as a result he gets fired.

Edited by butterfly bob

And rightly so. He hay have had the power to do what he did but there was nothing sporting about the decisions made by Massey on that day, he just chose a winner and called it a 'motor race'. 

I believe it was the fact he only let the cars between 1 & 2 unlap themselves that was his undoing. It was an incredibly partisan decision and effectively manufactured the result. The only objective decisions would have been all or none. 

It was the equivalent of a referee handing 2 penaltys to a team who is 1 nil down with 30 seconds to go.

If you think that's 'sporting' then I can't help you. 

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

I thought wheeling Hugh Grant in front of cameras suggested they were interested in  (desperate for?) viewer numbers but seems not if the Ham machine has its way.

I'll just be glad when Max puts this '1' convincingly away and hopefully even they can move on.

Still some sense out there I see.

20220914_061136.thumb.jpg.282899b1093f6e0968070647452fa838.jpg

Yeah the season is pretty much over in terms of the winner, but no doubt there will still be enough drama on and off the track to keep people arguing for the remainder of it. As always hope springs eternal for the next one :)

Masi was already involved with Supercars prior to and during his F1 employment up until 2019 when Charlie died. Going back to a small national championship after the big job at F1 is a hell of a step down. Like going from pilot to luggage handler! It should have been a stepping stone to great things if he'd done his job correctly. I've no doubt he looked for more prestigious roles but more prestigious championships can't be employing someone who cocked up so badly. Even Indy car, where messing with the race for entertainment is almost an accepted aspect, wouldn't touch him 🤣🤣

RULES

1NQq.gif

8 hours ago, PepeLePew said:

Masi was already involved with Supercars prior to and during his F1 employment up until 2019 when Charlie died. Going back to a small national championship after the big job at F1 is a hell of a step down. Like going from pilot to luggage handler! It should have been a stepping stone to great things if he'd done his job correctly. I've no doubt he looked for more prestigious roles but more prestigious championships can't be employing someone who cocked up so badly. Even Indy car, where messing with the race for entertainment is almost an accepted aspect, wouldn't touch him 🤣🤣

He almost cocked up as badly as the Merc team for not calling in Lewis for a pit stop on several occasions before the incident ... 

Massi deserves a f@cking statue for giving F1 fans (or at least 80% of them) the best motorsport moment in decades ... if it was a hundred % according to 'the rules' will always be up for discussion (as there are many decissions in F1 that don't always go by 'the book') . It would have been the greatest anti-climax ever if the 2021 season had ended under the safety car . 

It's not like the titel has gone to a guy that absolutely didn't deserve it , think Max has proven over the year to be on (or above as a less car) Lewis his level so the majority of the fans are happy with the outcome ... only the Lewis fans can't let go and keep on moaning ... be happy with 7 titels and what SIr L has archieved ... it's time for Sir M now ...   

As I already said, entertaining, great for the 'Drive to Survive' fans, but not sport and not sporting.

You can't compare a participants actions with that of the referee. A team should win or lose according to their decisions and in that case so be it, that's sport. If it finished under the safety car. so be it, that's sport. Some world cup finals end in nil nil and are boring games, that's sport. That's what makes it engaging, for the 'fans'.

The only winners in the scenario were Netflix, the Netflix type fans and the anti Hamilton brigade. 

I find it odd how the more successful he became the more vociferous his detractors are. What is it that is different about him I wonder?

Also sad how partisan so many so called fans are nowadays. Never used to be like this but then maybe as it shifts away from being a sport and into entertainment it brings more of the WWE element in. Oh well. BSB is still great though.

RULES

1NQq.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/09/2022 at 14:28, PepeLePew said:

And rightly so. He hay have had the power to do what he did but there was nothing sporting about the decisions made by Massey on that day, he just chose a winner and called it a 'motor race'. 

I believe it was the fact he only let the cars between 1 & 2 unlap themselves that was his undoing. It was an incredibly partisan decision and effectively manufactured the result. The only objective decisions would have been all or none. 

It was the equivalent of a referee handing 2 penaltys to a team who is 1 nil down with 30 seconds to go.

If you think that's 'sporting' then I can't help you. 

He felt he was under pressure to restart the race. The race director doesn't check each teams' tyres and ages before making a decision.

It wasn't partisan. At least you've stopped saying the regulations were broken. FFS let it go. 

22 hours ago, butterfly bob said:

It wasn't partisan. At least you've stopped saying the regulations were broken. FFS let it go. 

It was partisan. I never said the regulations were broken, please point out where you think I did or hang your head in shame. If you understood racing at all you'd know how the race is unfolding. Not understanding it is of course forgivable for an armchair fan, particularly one of the Netflix generation, but for the race director not so much. If he claimed he didn't know it would be incompetence. He never claimed not to know, so it was partisan. His decision caused an inevitability. Referee decisions are supposed, in any sport, to be the minimum of interference in the result, to ensure FairPlay, not to enhance entertainment.

RULES

1NQq.gif

• 2 weeks later...

A very wet start to this weeks GP in Japan.  What I found very engaging was during the UK’s Sky Sports (which we get the feed of in Aus) FP2 commentary / interview with Mario Isola from Pirelli on tyres, both current and the future development, really, really interesting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr No said:

A very wet start to this weeks GP in Japan.  What I found very engaging was during the UK’s Sky Sports (which we get the feed of in Aus) FP2 commentary / interview with Mario Isola from Pirelli on tyres, both current and the future development, really, really interesting. 

The biggest trap is the race times .. missed both sessions live , but managed to see the replays in the evening .

The Pirelli interview was excellent . 

• 4 months later...

It’s back and it’s the longest season to date. 

Will Mercedes and Ferrari come to the part this year and give Red Bull a run for their money?

Debut seasons for Oscar, Nick and Logan, that will be interesting to watch how they do against their team mates. 

New team bosses in 4 teams I think. 

I’m hyped for Qualifying tonight and racing tomorrow night. 

Just finished watching Drive to Survive S5 just to get my juices flowing :)

1 hour ago, Dr No said:

I’m hyped for Qualifying tonight and racing tomorrow night. 

Looking forward to it.

I'm enjoying F1 even more now that I can watch it in my local GC. 😉😊

Looking forward to it too, will be interesting with all the changes, Aston Martin and Alonso had a great practise yesterday. I'm a long time Williams supporter so quite used to being disappointed at the end of the season.