Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Formula 1

Kim Jong Il

2 hours ago, Dr No said:

Memories of 2018 and being up close and personal with my beloved Ferrari. I remember spending the day in our massive corporate hospitality box and then having tours of the garage, a once in a lifetime experience. 

A9C6C36B-E592-4832-ABF5-D2FA9AED6FEB.jpeg

Then you will be happy with todays result. 5555

image.png

10 minutes ago, Jebb said:

Then you will be happy with todays result. 5555

Oh it’s looking to be a very good year for us :)

• 4 weeks later...

Is there anywhere to watch the Miami FP/Quali/Race live in Pattaya? Am assuming not given the time difference but maybe someone knows different?

Just my $0.02 worth...

9 hours ago, Carcosa said:

Is there anywhere to watch the Miami FP/Quali/Race live in Pattaya? Am assuming not given the time difference but maybe someone knows different?

It's on cable TV here.  Channel 525 (Astro sports) for my building.

12 hours ago, wadman said:

It's on cable TV here.  Channel 525 (Astro sports) for my building.

Thanks for replying. I should have been more clear. I meant a sports bar type place... Or public area in a hotel perhaps. 

Given what I am seeing on social media, the F1 Miami event is the biggest positive thing to hit the sport in modern times. 

Just my $0.02 worth...

The first 2 days of Miami have been very entertaining. Ferrari with the front row lock out makes this BM a very happy camper. 
Red Bulls top line speed combined with the DRS will certainly make for an interesting race come Sunday. 
Here in Oz we get the UK sky sports coverage and I must say, Danica Patrick is looking very hot in her little outfits, much more so than the usual racing suits she’s been seen in when she drove Indycar & NASCAR. 

• Like 2

Had to check who this Danica is.... this an 15 yo picture. She is 40 now.

indycar-driver-danica-patrick-poses-for-the-2008-sports-illustrated-picture-id82100201?s=2048x2048

Danica Patrick, Sports Illustrated, Swimsuit 2008

SINGER ISLAND, FL - NOVEMBER 15: IndyCar driver Danica Patrick poses for the 2008 Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue on October 15, 2007 on the beach at The Resort at Singer Island. CREDIT MUST READ: Ben Watts/Sports Illustrated via Contour RA. (Photo by Ben Watts/Sports Illustrated via Contour RA by Getty Images)

Anyway, back to OT.
I guess this will be another Leclerc/Verstappen fight, though I hope Bottas will achive a podium finish.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ryzen.007 said:

Had to check who this Danica is.... this an 15 yo picture. She is 40 now

She looks about the same 15 yrs later, still very fit. 

49 minutes ago, ryzen.007 said:

... I hope Bottas will achive a podium finish.

Podium is a bonus ... as long as he finishes in front of both Mercs he will be happy .  

4 minutes ago, bangna said:

What time is the race in Thailand please?

Australia is is 5.30am so with 3 hour difference Thailand must be 2.30am

4 hours ago, Sloracer said:

Australia is is 5.30am so with 3 hour difference Thailand must be 2.30am

Ok thanks. With the bars closing at 12 that is silly o'clock for me.

• 1 month later...

Seems he is fine. Which is superb news. Was a shocker. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Terrific racing, tire to tire, no letting up or team orders. Congratulations to all. 

• Like 2

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Hot Damn; Haas got some points.

Each team should have its own on  track cameras and stream their version of the race. The current ESPN stream is only enjoyable for the fans of the upper crust teams. Lucky to see my team two minutes per race.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, likeaking said:

Terrific racing, tire to tire, no letting up or team orders. Congratulations to all. 

Thought Sainz Jnr botched it when he went rallying but he recovered well. Mick scoring his first ever points. Guenther will be happy. The crash, the controversy and the chequered flag. Action packed race.  

Haas_002.png

• Like 2

Wonderful race. I have started to watch more formula 2 & 3 as there is usually more action

www.sugarcanemafia.com

George at fault ?

5 minutes ago, Edge said:

George at fault ?

No - Gasly clipped his left rear and that sent him into Zhou. Gasly was too optimistic going for the middle gap as things always squeeze down when you go into a corner.

51 minutes ago, elperro said:

No - Gasly clipped his left rear and that sent him into Zhou. Gasly was too optimistic going for the middle gap as things always squeeze down when you go into a corner.

I’ve got to agree with this. Gasly should never have gone for the space as it was always gonna close down as George moved across for the racing line.

best 10 laps we have seen in a long time. Driving hard but fairly. Really enjoyed it. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Or..........

........George, way too slow away, sees one come through, followed by another and veers left to close the gap and block it, clipping Gasly's front wheel in the process, getting the worst of it and upending Zhou as a result.

The clip shows three cars all going in a straight line until one veers left and hits the other.

3 hours ago, Edge said:

Or..........

........George, way too slow away, sees one come through, followed by another and veers left to close the gap and block it, clipping Gasly's front wheel in the process, getting the worst of it and upending Zhou as a result.

The clip shows three cars all going in a straight line until one veers left and hits the other.

If you watch George's in car video replay showing his steering input he is steering straight until he gets clipped and then he steers hard right to try to correct the slide Gasly has caused but to no avail.

Gotta agree the last 10 laps were fantastic racing - and pretty clean too - LeClerc was a bit unlucky with his team's strategy but great to see Sainz get his first win.

6 hours ago, Edge said:

George at fault ?

Looking at his reaction after the race got stopped i would say yes ... he should have seen Gasly before moving over to the left to get on the racing line .  

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/07/2022 at 09:54, elperro said:

They were nowhere near the corner yet. George had a slow start so he knew cars were going to be coming past faster than him on the straight. Moving to block was risky. He wasn't aware enough of what was happening around him. 

Even Sky, who favour British drivers, crticised him for it.

Bad decision making on his part but not bad enough for a penalty.