IGNORED

Formula 1

Kim Jong Il

7 hours ago, shagwell said:

I've got an idea for next year... after qualifying don't bother with the first 50 or 60 laps or the also rans (they just get in the way) - just put the best 2 qualifiers on the grid one behind the other and let the one behind have new soft tires and the one in front have worn out hard tires and see if the hair can catch the tortoise over one lap - much more entertaining than watching the race unfold over the full distance where tactics and ability on the day would prevail. :rolleyes:

They wont change the result now of course and Mercedes probably realise that but they need to sort that shit out for next year. I can imagine how they feel...

"Lewis you've got this in the bag, 12 seconds up with 6 laps remaining, just nurse the tires home"....."ooh the safety car's out shall I come in for fresh tires?"... don't be silly Lewis that would put you in 2nd and the race might not restart, if it does restart Max has to get through traffic first, stay out there and its your race". 

Meanwhile - "Massi - we need one more lap"... "Ok Christian let me see what I can do... ok 1 more lap then but the backmarkers can't unlap, if they do the race will be over" ... that's no good Massi how can Max catch Lewis with all the backmarkers in the way"... "well you're asking for a bit much seeing as he was never going to catch Lewis anyway before the crash happened - but hold my beer!"

Why not save a load of money and not have any cars, no circuits, much better for the environment.

Give Michael Masi a dice and let him choose who he wants to win.

IMG20211213230911.thumb.jpg.0b71de9636755091ea23aefbd1e596ec.jpg

Edited by jerry

The stewards would have never had such an eventful season than this and from what I hear Masi is very under resourced. 

His decision making has been reasonable under the pressure and circumstances with Toto and Christian barking in his ear.

The whole shit show started earlier in the season with both contenders playing the game "who's corner is it?"

Over the off season, there needs to be some definitie rules set around passing in the corners and firm penalties for breaching. What did apply was a gentleman's rule is to back out if you cant make the corner or the pass. That is totally out the window now. 

Was never really a LH fan but kudos to him for avoiding contact so often. I thought they were both magnanimous at the end of the race.

2022 will be a reset year, new cars that look great, allow for easier overtaking and should bunch up the field a bit over time. Budgetary restraints will also help to even the wide gap between the front and the back.

There will be greater interest across the globe than ever before. 'Drive to Survive' will be interesting to watch but apparently MV was not very cooperative behind the scenes, so may be up to Gunther to provide the good content again. 

To me, the great success story for 2021 was in F2, young Aussie Oscar Piastri  winning as a rookie, after wining F3 the year before and Formula Renault the year before that. Pity he couldn't get a seat in F1 in 2022 but his time will come. The F2 races are great to watch on equal equipment, a few races each event and a reverse top 10 grid to throw in the mix.

The Eifel Grand Prix in October 2020 throws up some uncomfortable reading for Masi.

The chief steward back then was confronted with a similar safety-car conundrum - and this time he allowed ALL lapped cars to go past.

McLaren starlet Lando Norris broke down in a dangerous spot and on came the safety car.

When Masi was criticised for not allowing racing to resume quickly, he defended himself and said: “There's a requirement in the sporting regulations to wave all the lapped cars past.”

Fuming Mercedes bosses will want to know why the 42-year-old did not follow the same mantra last weekend.

Instead he allowed some but not all cars through - giving Verstappen room to attack Hamilton without nuisances in front of him.

• 3 months later...

It’s back!!!!

What a great qualifying session, my beloved Ferrari coming out strong in the desert. 
No doubt Mercedes will sort their shit out sooner rather than later but for the first race the new car and rules has really shaken things up. 
It’s a worry how bad McLaren are but to see Hass in the top ten, well that’s just good for the sport as it will hopefully get the US viewers more interested. 
It’s going to be a very exciting first race, I’m hoping I’ll get to Melbourne for the Aus GP.

Edited by Dr No
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr No said:

It’s back!!!!

What a great qualifying session, my beloved Ferrari coming out strong in the desert. 
No doubt Mercedes will sort their shit out sooner rather than later but for the first race the new car and rules has really shaken things up. 
It’s a worry how bad McLaren are but to see Hass in the top ten, well that’s just good for the sport as it will hopefully get the US viewers more interested. 
It’s going to be a very exciting first race, I’m hoping I’ll get to Melbourne for the Aus GP.

I have only been watching the last couple of years together with Moto GP. 

As an Aussie I like to see Riccardo do well, but he just doesn't seem to be able to cut it..... Another team, another car and he is down the bottom again. 

As for the ending last year I believe Hamilton was robbed, love him or hate him, he lead from the start and a stewards dodgy decision cost him. Can't stand Verstappen, how he could be happy winning a championship like that says oodles about the guy...

Ferrari have got their act together and should be a great year for them.  :)

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Interesting and ironic that Hamilton is still racing Botas   555

• Like 2

Wonderful from my viewpoint that Haas has made it back to the middle of the field. Last years sacrifices to work on this years car has seemingly paid off. Well, except for the Russian Billionaire that helped bankroll last years effort to work on this years car. Didn't pay off for him, good results swept away by world politics for him. 

28 minutes ago, cbmgolfer said:

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing!

I met Bottas and his girlfriend at some random pub on New Year’s Eve just gone in Sydney. Really nice bloke hope he does well this year 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, cbmgolfer said:

Yes I forgot about him. I really don't understand the idea of letting him go...He was always up the front with Hamilton and if it wasn't for 'team orders' I reckon he could have done even better. 

I hope Botas kicks a few butts this year. I feel sorry for Russell, big shoes to fill. 

Interesting to see Albon back in a seat too, hope he does well. 

Regards, Atlas.

PS.

I have really enjoyed the Netflix series. :D

• Like 2

Regards, Atlas.

4 hours ago, Atlas said:

Yes I forgot about him. I really don't understand the idea of letting him go...He was always up the front with Hamilton and if it wasn't for 'team orders' I reckon he could have done even better. 

I hope Botas kicks a few butts this year. I feel sorry for Russell, big shoes to fill. 

Interesting to see Albon back in a seat too, hope he does well. 

I;m sure George Russell will do just fine .    Valteri did follow team orders to the full , but simply because he was only at best a top ten driver ,  George Russell could be a lot better than that and if he has the pace  , will be allowed to race Hamilton .  Or at least that is how it should work !! 

Mikeyboy   

5 hours ago, Atlas said:

I have only been watching the last couple of years together with Moto GP. 

As an Aussie I like to see Riccardo do well, but he just doesn't seem to be able to cut it..... Another team, another car and he is down the bottom again. 

As for the ending last year I believe Hamilton was robbed, love him or hate him, he lead from the start and a stewards dodgy decision cost him. Can't stand Verstappen, how he could be happy winning a championship like that says oodles about the guy...

Ferrari have got their act together and should be a great year for them.  :)

Max's lack of Grace and Humility makes Lewis look a class act .   😃😃

F1 needs Ferrari in the mix to break up the Mercedes/ Red Bull dominace ..

Hoping Mclaren show up as well .

Mikeyboy

2 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

I;m sure George Russell will do just fine .    Valteri did follow team orders to the full , but simply because he was only at best a top ten driver ,  George Russell could be a lot better than that and if he has the pace  , will be allowed to race Hamilton .  Or at least that is how it should work !! 

Mikeyboy   

I agree but I also think they know Lewis will only be around another season or two. I think they want/hope George to be the next Lewis!

3 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Mikeyboy   

Are you sure about that ? Without really looking into it I am sure Valteri must have been near the top.... 

Actually

2021 Driver Standings
Pos Driver PTS
1 VER 395.5
2 HAM 387.5
3 BOT 226
4 PER 190

Though clearly daylight between the first 2 and him. Still respectable though :)

Regards, Atlas.

2 hours ago, mikeyboy said:

Max's lack of Grace and Humility makes Lewis look a class act .   😃😃

F1 needs Ferrari in the mix to break up the Mercedes/ Red Bull dominace ..

Hoping Mclaren show up as well .

Mikeyboy

Big call, but I have to agree :D

Regards, Atlas.

My prediction, if Hamilton is not leading the championship or close to the lead by this summer he will retire and be replaced by Nyck de Vries (Mercedes reserve driver).

Congrats to Ferrari. WTF happened to Red Bull the last two laps? Was looking forward to Max Verstappen's post-race interview. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

2 hours ago, likeaking said:

Congrats to Ferrari. WTF happened to Red Bull the last two laps? Was looking forward to Max Verstappen's post-race interview. 

Heard them saying it was a issue with the fuel getting to the engine. A pump issue. Also the issue Max was having with his steering wheel was done when dropped at the pit stop. 
Was great seeing a Ferrari one two, thought Le Clerc was in control and and when under pressure after the first pit stops by Max he showed up well.

Major fall off from McLaren since Barcelona testing. Something majorly wrong there.

• Like 2

Let’s all hope Mick is ok after that massive shunt. 
Hamilton not making Q2 you just wouldn’t have believed. Know they have issues with the car but to not get out of Q1 is major. 
Bottas must be having a cheeky smile to himself sitting in 6th just now.