Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Formula 1

Kim Jong Il

2 hours ago, T-T-T said:

just for future reference .. where are some of the best places to watch the F1 in Pattaya?

My favourite is a sports bar, might be called Sports World, on Soi Buakhao about 3 shops before Sugar Sugar on the corner of LK

They have a board outside which lists all the times of stuff they show and as they show lots of different live stuff on the screens each one has a sign underneath it saying what its showing then and what it will show next.

They not only show the F1 quali and races but also each of the practise sessions live !

Beers 70 baht, no draught only bottles but the fans do a great job, never sticky hot like some open fronted bars and it gets a frendly crowd in there.

In LK the Metro is okay and its aircon.

I suppose the Retox places show F1 but personally I don't like them much and they are out of the way a little. 

I usually go to Retox, bottom of soi honey near 2nd road. They have a huge number of screens, even have small individual ones on the tables that they will put a channel on for you. I used to go to Witherspoons on Buakaow but a bit noisy if th football is on other screens.

On 08/10/2018 at 21:38, mikeyboy said:

Forgot to set my alarm and woke in a panic , missed the first lap but TV replayed it many times .

Can't help but think both Vettel and Verstappen make too many racing mistakes (contact) to really threaten the Mercedes on a regular basis .

Mikeyboy

Verstappen doesn't see it that way. He usually thinks he had done nothing wrong. 

On 09/10/2018 at 01:52, Avon said:

In LK the Metro is okay and its aircon.

To the guy who asked the question - I used to watch football games there. It has a good atmosphere, shows several games/sports at the same time and the sound is via loudspeakers. The downside of it being busy is they've served me beer which isn't cold one time too many. 

On 10/9/2018 at 05:36, T-T-T said:

just for future reference .. where are some of the best places to watch the F1 in Pattaya?

Hemmingway's, in the Jomtien Complex, halfway between the traffic light/mermaid statue and the beach on the right side. Spacous, good service, cider and draft beers plus many screens. They show practice and races and PPV fights free.

Edited by likeaking

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

On 11/09/2018 at 21:19, Kim Jong Il said:

So, Ferrari have done it!

Raikonnen is out and Leclerc is in.....

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/905204/1/leclerc-replaces-raikkonen-ferrari-2019

I'm still in two minds about whether this was a year too early. If he shows promise, but then has a couple of disappointing races, he will be under huge public scrutiny. That didn't happen to him at Sauber. On the plus side I'm looking forward to seeing how good he really is compared to Vettel.

I wish Mercedes were more prepared to make up their mind about Ocon. Making him take a year out of F1, and then wait again in a lower team drags it out too long. He has been in their program long enough already. If he's not close to replacing Bottas then they should release him to make it easier for him to secure his future. If they think he is banging on the door then do the deal now while there are still options for Bottas.

• Like 1

On 18/09/2018 at 12:50, vimto66 said:

Yes they did, and what a surprise it was, but im speaking in general and do stand by what i said!

Jenson Button / Brawn F1

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

15 hours ago, PepeLePew said:

Jenson Button / Brawn F1

Although you must never say never, i genuinely dont see anything like it happening again anytime soon, as has been mentioned a few posts back, a bit like Leicester winning the prem.

6 hours ago, vimto66 said:

Although you must never say never, i genuinely dont see anything like it happening again anytime soon, as has been mentioned a few posts back, a bit like Leicester winning the prem.

Yes and no. Whenever there are big rule changes there is the opportunity for the order to shift.

If you ignore the big 3 and just look at the B championship it's very healthy with about 6 different winnners and 3 teams vying for the win (if you include Firce Indias removed points). Liberty are keen on enforcing a budget cap as soon as they contractually can so there is hope for the future.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

12 hours ago, PepeLePew said:

Yes and no. Whenever there are big rule changes there is the opportunity for the order to shift.

If you ignore the big 3 and just look at the B championship it's very healthy with about 6 different winnners and 3 teams vying for the win (if you include Firce Indias removed points). Liberty are keen on enforcing a budget cap as soon as they contractually can so there is hope for the future.

Anything that spices up the races has to be applauded , as long as safety is not compromised .  The big 3 will argue that their commitment ( $$$ ) is for the good of the sport and technical advancement , and of course they are right . 

Personally i would like to see 20 evenly matched cars and the best drivers coming to the front .  Some of the processions they call  "races" have been a complete bore .   Nothing will turn Monaco into a race as the result is by and large complete by the end of qualifying .

Mikeyboy

Austin in Texas it was last weekend.

A lot of people (most) would have expected Lewis to wrap up the title here but it was not to be.

Raikonnen

Verstappen

Hamilton

It kinda looked like Mercedes had a touch of the Ferrari jitters this weekend re strategy....why they didn't bring Hamilton in for his second stop when he would have come out at worst in second place who knows.

Seems like Ferrari removed all the upgrades and went back to their 'fast' version of the car from earlier in the season. Should make for an interesting last few races if they can keep this pace up.

Congratulations must go to Kimi who won for the first time since Australia 2013.

Seems like a formality now that the title will be wrapped up in Mexico next weekend barring a breakdown or a disaster for Hamilton so won't expect any do or die type manoeuvre's from him in the next race. 

It seems that F1 may be going down a similar path as Indycar did years ago. Cars became too costly, fewer competitive teams and falling attendence numbers were the reasons Indycar limited engine and chasis choices. I guess the changes were effective as Indycar is still around but I stopped watching as innovation stopped and fans were left cheering on a driver and not a team/car/driver. One would think that racing based on driver skill would be what the fans want but I like brand loyalty, history and individuality in a team.

I love to watch competitive racing in F1 but don't care for spec racing. I hope F1 can find a way to make the series competitive and interesting again. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

On 17/10/2018 at 21:00, PepeLePew said:

I agree with the direction they are going in. A cost cap and changing the aero to make following a car, even a slower one, less damaging.

I still want the cars to be beasts to drive. It separates the skill of the drivers more.

It was dumbed down too much a couple of years ago IMHO when they aimed to keep the field closer together. Look at the difference between Alonso and Vandoorne now.

This weekend see's the circus in Mexico.

Ricciardo

Verstappen

Hamilton

First front row lock out for Red Bull for a long time.

Red Bull dominated all the practice sessions and went into qualifying as favourites for pole.

Q1 and Q2 showed that Ferrari and Mercedes were not as far away as expected and looked like they could put up a good fight in Q3.

Congrats to Dani for pulling that lap out when everyone was expecting Max to become the youngest pole sitter ever. Dani ecstatic, Max really pissed off....at least that's how it sounded in the interviews after Q3.

With Lewis and Seb in 3rd and 4th it could be an interesting run down to first corner.

Could be a good race tomorrow.

• Like 2

Well done to Max, dominated from the start! He sets a new record for the most race wins, 5, without a pole position. Bad luck for Dani to prevent a one two for Red Bull.

Congratulations to Lewis on wrapping up the title.

5 titles now, only Schumacher ahead of him. Will he go on to win 8 and set a new outright record? If he does he probably break every other record as well!

Lewis beat two world champions who had a better car for most of the season. He even did it with 2 races to spare. Impressive stuff.

He also beat his wingman. No, don't call him that.

• Like 2

That was a huge wake up call for Merc and Ferrari. Given relative engine parity the Red Bull was frighteningly dominant and should have got an easy 1-2. Although I don't expect the Honda to be quite up to the challenge next year I don't think it will be that bad either. Interesting times....

RULES

1NQq.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Interlagos in Brazil this weekend for the penultimate race.

I missed qualifying as I was on a Ryanair flight (yeah, I know) back to the UK to visit my family.

Race finished:

Hamilton

Verstappen

Raikonnen

With the drivers championship already decided there was just the constructors title to wrap up for Mercedes and they managed to do that comfortably enough.

Verstappen drove a superb race and should have won it comfortably but he was spun around by Ocon on lap 44 and lost his lead to Hamilton. He recovered well to not drop down below second spot and there he stayed till the end.

A little drama at the weigh in between Verstappen and Ocon involving some pushing and shoving which ended with Max being reprimanded and punished by the the FIA. His penalty will be that he has to perform 2 days of public service on behalf of the FIA. I don't know what that will involve but I suspect it will mean a couple of all expenses paid jollies on behalf of the FIA.

Next race is the last race and with nothing to race for other than maybe a bit of pride it could be a good race or a bit of a bore fest....we shall see.

• Like 2

So Occon stupidity cost Max more than the race win. Max is currently 5th in championship and an extra 7 points would have put him 4th and only 10 points from 3rd

Oh wait, I hate Verstappen's driving so about time the same happened to him :)

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

So does Lewis beat Schumacher's record of 91 GP wins?  If he keeps up his current win rate of 10 wins a season then 2 more years will have him at 92.  

He's on track to do it, all about him keeping his Desire and of course the team delivering a great car.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aussieoutcast said:

Oh wait, I hate Verstappen's driving so about time the same happened to him :)

Ohhh , Ricci fanboy ... :P . 

Max ... hate him ... love him ... fact is he's bringing excitement . 

• 2 weeks later...

Last race of the season see's the circus in Abu Dhabi.

Hamilton

Bottas

Vettel

Hamilton's 11th pole of the season and his 83rd overall.

Good time see's him set a lap record that is 1.5 seconds faster than last years pole.... which was also a lap record.

Difficult to see past Mercedes for a win tomorrow. Could be an interesting race between Ferrari and Red Bull though.

Last race for Alonso before he retires. Did well to get the Mclaren into Q2. Will be nice if he manages to score points tomorrow and leave on a relative high.