Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Formula 1

Kim Jong Il

On 30/06/2019 at 19:21, eXplosief said:

Indeed, finally. 

And the decision is in. No further action, race incident. 

No further action - except for Verstappen losing any chance of driving for Ferrari next year ;)

On 03/07/2019 at 23:13, butterfly bob said:

No further action - except for Verstappen losing any chance of driving for Ferrari next year ;)

If Honda keeps improving like this i'm pretty sure he isn't interested either ... 

VER and Ferrari wouldn't work out anyway ... strategy by Ferrari isn't exactly their strongest point . VER would get annoyed very quick with their antics . 

On 05/07/2019 at 05:31, jerry said:

If Honda keeps improving like this i'm pretty sure he isn't interested either ... 

VER and Ferrari wouldn't work out anyway ... strategy by Ferrari isn't exactly their strongest point . VER would get annoyed very quick with their antics . 

I wouldn't hold your breathe. This was 1, another Ferrari cock up bringing leclerc in too early and 2, a track specific win for RedBull, the Mercs had cooling issues and there were not enough corners for them to use their advantage.

On 02/07/2019 at 00:58, Tatanka said:

The rules are clear. VER had the racing line and was slightly in front. LEC should off backed off which he didn't. Racing incident, nothing more.

I hope to see more racing like this in the future without the FIA penalising. This is what we want to see.

And yet the lap before he managed to give him racing room. It wasn't unreasonable for Leclerc to expect the same again.

And he wasn't even slightly in front, certainly not enough to expect Charles to back off, they went in and came out of the apex about as equal as 2 F1 cars can be

Capture.JPG

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

If Max had given room, like on the previous lap, then Leclerc would have won the drag race again with a better exit out of the corner. It was the same with Lando (inside) and Hamilton (outside) early in the race. Max knew exactly what he was doing by cutting him off.

If the roles were reversed I bet Max and Christian Horner would have been arguing for a penalty.

On 10/07/2019 at 19:59, butterfly bob said:

If Max had given room, like on the previous lap, then Leclerc would have won the drag race again with a better exit out of the corner.

Maybe, or maybe not. Either way it would have been way more exciting than watching a driver get punted off the track, that is not 'racing' F1 style and sadly the lack of penalty in this case and the general moan from the drivers of 'let us race' is only going to encourage such incidents.

• Like 1

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

4 hours ago, PepeLePew said:

Maybe, or maybe not. Either way it would have been way more exciting than watching a driver get punted off the track, that is not 'racing' F1 style and sadly the lack of penalty in this case and the general moan from the drivers of 'let us race' is only going to encourage such incidents.

Can't see Mad Max finishing too many races if they keep letting him go unchecked.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 12/07/2019 at 21:00, Evilfriar said:

Can't see Mad Max finishing too many races if they keep letting him go unchecked.

How about Mad Seb?

But has been a very entertaining race to watch.

51 minutes ago, eXplosief said:

How about Mad Seb?

Time to retire ... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say that race was crazy today! So much going on and so many crashes. I expected it to be good because of the rain, but this is honestly the best Formula 1 race I've ever seen. Total chaos. And to top it all off a win for Verstappen :D:Clap: 

• Like 3

Not a great fan of F1 but was glued to my seat for this one.

www.sugarcanemafia.com

I know it's the Pattaya forum, but I'm waiting to be accepted at Bangkok forum, so...

Is there a place near Nana Plaza where they show F1, I will be happy if some one would tell me.

Hi

56 minutes ago, OKAY said:

Does a driver starting last on the grid and winning happen very often? 

Not if we are talking about the last 15 years, but for the last 4-5 seasons  It has happened too often. A few years ago Hamilton didn't even get in pit if he lost parts of his front wing he just kept pulling away from all others. It's not just the car he is awesome....

It's better now but still more of a joke than a real sport....

3 hours ago, Seancale said:

Not if we are talking about the last 15 years, but for the last 4-5 seasons  It has happened too often. A few years ago Hamilton didn't even get in pit if he lost parts of his front wing he just kept pulling away from all others. It's not just the car he is awesome....

It's better now but still more of a joke than a real sport....

'Leally' ... ?? 

Capture.JPG

6 hours ago, jerry said:

'Leally' ... ?? 

Capture.JPG

Okay how many times have he started near the back or ended up in the back due to damage and finished as 1., 2. or 3. ? :Admin1:

5 hours ago, Seancale said:

Okay how many times have he started near the back or ended up in the back due to damage and finished as 1., 2. or 3. ? :Admin1:

Once I think from memory, 2018 British GP, last to finish 2nd? Don't think he or anyone else has ever won from last.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

19 hours ago, OKAY said:

Does a driver starting last on the grid and winning happen very often? 

Not very often as the fastest car starts at the front and the slowest at the back.

Vettel started last at the German GP last weekend and came through to 2nd. He could have won if the race was a few laps longer..

Edited by butterfly bob

On 04/08/2019 at 03:00, Seancale said:

I know it's the Pattaya forum, but I'm waiting to be accepted at Bangkok forum, so...

Is there a place near Nana Plaza where they show F1, I will be happy if some one would tell me.

Hi

They may have it on in Hooters opposite Nana or the other bars in Soi 4.

Bully's  is quite close to Soi 4 and usually has a lot of sports on. I usually try The Game next to Nana BTS as well. 

Gasly demoted to Toro Rosso. 

Albon (TH) promoted to Red Bull. 

RB has until now always said that Gasly would stay until the end of the season, unlike the many rumours. Media had suggested that Kvyat might take the place from Gasly.

50 minutes ago, eXplosief said:

Gasly demoted to Toro Rosso. 

Albon (TH) promoted to Red Bull. 

RB has until now always said that Gasly would stay until the end of the season, unlike the many rumours. Media had suggested that Kvyat might take the place from Gasly.

Red Bull ... bit dumb from the media to think that Kvyat would get that seat back while Albon is from the country where Red Bull originated ... (and something with money...555) . 

18 hours ago, jerry said:

Red Bull ... bit dumb from the media to think that Kvyat would get that seat back while Albon is from the country where Red Bull originated ... (and something with money...555) . 

I think they probably considered Kvyat, they need a number 2 that will actually score points. If they have that they have a half decent chance of getting 2nd in the constructors. Obviously chose Albon as they like to take a risk on the youngsters. Personally I think it's a little early for him but we'll have to see.

Incidentally Albon is English, born in London, Thai mum (convicted fraudster) and English dad. He has a Thai racing licence though.

RULES

1NQq.gif

2 minutes ago, PepeLePew said:

I think they probably considered Kvyat, they need a number 2 that will actually score points. If they have that they have a half decent chance of getting 2nd in the constructors. Obviously chose Albon as they like to take a risk on the youngsters. Personally I think it's a little early for him but we'll have to see.

Incidentally Albon is English, born in London, Thai mum (convicted fraudster) and English dad. He has a Thai racing licence though.

I think they already gave up on the constructors championship for this year. Otherwise they would have chosen Kvyat. He scored more points until now than Albon.

Think they are aiming at next year. Giving Albon a half season of experience, so he can have a better start next year. 

On 13/08/2019 at 13:27, eXplosief said:

I think they already gave up on the constructors championship for this year. Otherwise they would have chosen Kvyat. He scored more points until now than Albon.

Think they are aiming at next year. Giving Albon a half season of experience, so he can have a better start next year. 

They are still competing for 2nd place with Ferrari. They will want to win that battle.

Kvyat has  the edge over rookie Albon. They must have one eye on the mid/long term to pick Albon over him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/08/2019 at 22:23, PepeLePew said:

I wonder how much following he'll have in thailand if he's successful? I saw a poster of him in a watch shop  but not much else yet. 

His mother does seem like an interesting character. Quite a few shady characters have passed through F1 over the years. Must have been really distracting for Alex as junior driver knowing your mum's been sentenced to jail.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2219641/amp/Businesswoman-masterminded-9m-luxury-car-fraud-funded-lavish-lifestyle-moated-country-house-flash-holidays.html