IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

4 hours ago, chris2004 said:

Yes i would hate to have a condo where your view was another condo 20 feet away. Why do people buy these when there are thousands around with decent views.

Maybe some folks are used to that type of view. I've seen photos of Russian apartment buildings lined up in a row like dominos and then see the same arrangement in new condo complexes in Jomtien that are mostly Russian occupied.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

there was a serious on site accident yesterday when the blue digger in my pics above toppled over into some foundation works and pinned a worker by his leg to the ground

• Sad 2

Are they still selling?

must be a lot if gulliable people around unfortunately 

They sent some buyers a letter and propose a discount of 5 % if they pay the last instalment now. only for the first 50 who agree. ???

In April, workers were drilling holes in the foundation of the elevator shaft of building A and injected polyurethane foam. I asked the management what the problem was with. They answered no problem.

Edited by wido

They sent some buyers a letter and propose a discount of 5 % if they pay the last instalment now. only for the first 50 who agree. ???
Is that because a lot of owners will hold out for the chanote before paying the final instalment?

1 hour ago, wido said:

In April, workers were drilling holes in the foundation of the elevator shaft of building A and injected polyurethane foam. I asked the management what the problem was with. They answered no problem.

is thats cause the idiots dug so close to the building to put that water tank in?  i thought the building would topple without props

ummm

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
5 hours ago, wido said:

Is that because a lot of owners will hold out for the chanote before paying the final instalment?

The smart owners are.

Others who take that deal might be uninformed of the risks they are taking in Thailand .. if they knew their unsecured, last in the queue, positions behind the secured creditors (contractors, consultants, material suppliers, and lenders, if any), only pretty stupid buyers would do it. .. [and there are plane loads of newbies here arriving every single day].

Guys who take that deal are not risking that last installment, they are risking it all.

The project has a history of distress .. hope it finishes.

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

5 hours ago, wido said:

Hey, Wido .. if you are citing the vertical wall in the elevator 'cellar', exposing the steel reinforcing bar ("rebar"), well yeah, that is evidence of very poor construction .. absolutely unacceptable .. were it my development, I would direct that it be torn out and replaced, and the subcontractor's selection on the project evaluated .. that .. is very bad construction.

It is called 'honeycombing', where concrete does not penetrate all areas in the concrete form and leaves cavities .. these are huuuuge!

In that location, the wall is probably non-structural .. so if it fails, it is probably only from the lateral pressure put on it by the soil load retained behind it .. its failure would make a mess out of the elevator cellar (where elevator maintenance is conducted), not threaten the building's structural integrity.

An independent construction inspector might be concerned that this is an example of a typical concrete pour throughout the project .. if it occurs in a load bearing structural wall, whose failure would affect the building integrity, that would be a mongo concern.

However, I'd be more concerned by the fissure in the column/wall in the second photo, on the right side of the photo .. if that is a concrete load bearing structure (and not a non-load bearing block wall that is plastered over), that fissure is alarming .. all concrete cracks as it cures ("shrinkage cracks"), for which structures are designed to accommodate .. they are barely visible micro cracks .. but, that crack (if it is in a concrete load bearing structural element) .. that is not a shrinkage crack.

I would not expect this project to have the best subcontractors working on it .. just the cheapest .. and jeez, these are pretty clear indications.

Edited by brutox
  • Like 2

On 5/19/2018 at 18:06, scubascuba3 said:
On 5/19/2018 at 16:51, wido said:

On 5/19/2018 at 20:38, brutox said:

The smart owners are.

Others who take that deal might be uninformed of the risks they are taking in Thailand .. if they knew their unsecured, last in the queue, positions behind the secured creditors (contractors, consultants, material suppliers, and lenders, if any), only pretty stupid buyers would do it. .. [and there are plane loads of newbies here arriving every single day].

Guys who take that deal are not risking that last installment, they are risking it all.

The project has a history of distress .. hope it finishes.

35 minutes ago, Blueydog said:

OMG they did same with many in Centara avenue yet close to middle of 2018 still no chanote, no gym

Blueydog, there is a huuuge home field advantage to understanding local business practices .. while guys as you, scubascuba3, and wido all see it, there are a gazillion newbies flying in here every single day who simply do not understand that they are the local developer's and property agent's prey in this business .. it is to them and endless feast .. and many will take-up these guy's offer.

Edited by brutox

• 4 weeks later...

the back of the site yesterday

5b21c521530f6_13june001(Custom).JPG.b4d1ed2b110c7a2c2e06e2e6df38ce86.JPG

5b21c53be6cde_13june002(Custom).JPG.77d56010001bffe2a951b85247a9ba5b.JPG

i still don't think the balconys are sturdy or high enough

5b21c5a3d8177_13june003(Custom).JPG.0f2d3cff51e15d52ba9f047718d9eb97.JPG

Looks like it will become a favourite with PFC members.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

5b2377bd105cb_15june032(Custom).JPG.8330e94dffdb6e155a8a1ed3227cb193.JPG

was it a cuckoo i saw today?

no it was this summers first.....................

5b237807e01c1_15june033(Custom).JPG.8d3ab0b98da2fbe29ab99ede119639e4.JPG

air- con unit. only 1 that i have scoped so far

Its weird, follow them on instagram, and you see of alot units 75% complete inside, but outside looks different.

ummm

On 5/17/2018 at 13:05, Scuba+ said:

Its got a Nirun ghetto feel to it already

Hehe they should call it "New Nurin" or "Nurin 2020" after the completion date

really looks like  it  will be finished  by Christmas,  2020 maybe, the rate they are going

On 6/18/2018 at 17:53, hauhinbin said:

Crikey ,its glacial progress

like mollasses in winter time...............a line from 1976 movie the outlaw josey wales

5b2cd36c77d87_22june006(Custom).JPG.0f756a94ee878a3a7cd7ddf7c86765c8.JPG

40 ft trucks lining up to remove 1 of the tower cranes

5b2cd3a5751e2_22june007(Custom).JPG.3d33d4535f428c231b2f8d12f3970d6e.JPG

5b2cd3bd05af9_22june009(Custom).JPG.101982b01b58b990c8fa9d33d52c5b51.JPG

5b2cd3d9417a7_22june010(Custom).JPG.1809be98458793ac9644a55affe94305.JPG

5b2cd42ab7eb8_22june011(Custom).JPG.b5cdb97a96f0c3779ed9c62bf47346e5.JPG

5b2cd4444e58f_22june008(Custom).JPG.6b660465e444f6dd47716d1e508efc24.JPG

still the only air con unit i can see.

they will have a handy family mart .................

5b2cd48aa464d_22june004(Custom).JPG.22260ad7fcf45bdffad727bef0fd70b3.JPG

this is directly opposite the site on the other side of Soi 15.

we can guess which will be finished first.....................i reckon so...........see outlaw josey wales

5b2cd49dc0317_22june005(Custom).JPG.c963b76ec55d8b33b3daf84655f5b370.JPG

Edited by striderman

2 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Lot of respect for the architect who designed this building....

only if he is being paid by the hour till completion

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 17:53, hauhinbin said:

Crikey ,its glacial progress

In 1930 construction started on the Empire State Building, 13 months later it was completed.  A much taller building with less building technology available.