IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

20 minutes ago, kent hansen said:

Where is this amazing picture taken from?

At a guess a high floor from center condo  behind the watchai mongkan temple

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

27 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

I'd like to know how many different condos are we discussing on the one thread?

just the one mainly 

But some are comparing things to centara as it started with same developer and some have bought in both .about chanote/ finishings and other issues etc.

Edited by talung66
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Brown said:

5abe2ad6d8d66_mar30001(Custom).JPG.109b93508493e2bf8638c9edb9feaeb0.JPG

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, talung66 said:

just the one mainly 

But some are comparing things to centara as it started with same developer and some have bought in both .about chanote/ finishings and other issues etc.

Apart from one BM who’s trying to push his overpriced condo :rolleyes:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

6 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

A quick search in this topic gave me: Golden Tulip, Centara Grand, Waterfront, North Beach, Grand Avenue, Emporium Condo, The Base, Unixx Condo, Center Condo, but I certainly forgot a few others... :wink:

Edited by Oukiva
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oukiva said:

A quick search in this topic gave me: Golden Tulip, Centara Grand, Waterfront, North Beach, Grand Avenue, Emporium Condo, The Base, Unixx Condo, Center Condo, but I certainly forgot a few others... :wink:

yes mainly in comparison related resemblances. 

On 4/1/2018 at 15:54, Blueydog said:

If you remember when it was" Golden Tulip" Centara was to manage the hotel,however i think they weren't too happy with how Centara avenue has turned out still with no gymnasium & never to be built roof top gardens or the covering of the steel frames around the roof with tiles. I am unsure how strong the idea of Hilton being involved was . It may have just been a known brand flashed around for people just like the name Tulip was used

Blueydog, I think you've correctly read the developer's tactics here.

Associating with known hospitality brands is a common practice by local developers that cannot reach the higher standards at which these companies operate, and use them to raise their perceived reputations. 

International hotel operators as Hilton guard their brands scrupulously .. all of them.

Before agreeing to plant their flags on a property, these operators have a proprietary 'playbook' - development and operating criteria the property owner and the property must meet .. very, very detailed, right down to tableware.

I rather doubt this property ever registered on Hilton's prospect list.

If Hilton signed a management agreement, it would have been announced by Hilton .. if they did not sign a management agreement, nondisclosure clauses effective during due diligence would have prevented any public announcements during negotiations, or after.

But, the developer gets what they need by riding on the coattails of these brands, whether the developer ever really intended to meet Centara's development and operating covenants (knowing that Centara would bag them before completion) .. or, whether there was ever any real contact with Hilton .. the developer .. gets .. their presales.

Examples: Centara and Waterfront .. Golden Tulip (this property) and  Golden Tulip hotels (totally unrelated to this developer).

Most hotel operators conduct a thorough due diligence before signing a management agreement, and non-disclosure clauses prevent developers from making any public announcements until a management agreement is executed for the exact reasons above.

Hilton? .. the Golden Tulip? .. yeah, right .. uh, maybe when pigs fly .. mmmmaybe.

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

view from roof top building C
Is it going to have golf or palm trees?

Sent from my HTC_U-3u using Tapatalk

ummm

15 minutes ago, wido said:

you might have take over the responsbility from the project manager for posting the status

29 minutes ago, RoyalYang said:

you might have take over the responsbility from the project manager for posting the status

Next week i go back to my home. It's his responsbility than. He's not happy when he see me inspecting the progress.

why is it painted blue? and why do they not paint the floor levels blue?  why leave them white? is this so Thais can count how high they are?

It's done to add some visual interest and a sense of scale and asymmetry to a building.

If the whole wall were painted in one color it would just look like one big ugly hunk of blue stucco without any real hint of its mass.

The addition of the white makes it look like one big ugly hunk of blue stucco with some nasty white lines painted on it. [emoji23][emoji23]

4 hours ago, Swinga said:
5 hours ago, wido said:

Is it going to have golf or palm trees?

Blueydog said no roof garden allowed...  (post #466)

3 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

why why why 

We want the roof gardon excatly with the mockup.

Bluey lives across the Rd. He has nothing to do with the planned Putt putt golf course here.🤣

Sent from my HTC_U-3u using Tapatalk

ummm

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

He was talking about Centara opposite

I'd like to know how many different condos are we discussing on the one thread?  :unsure:   (c) Harry Brown  :wink:

• Haha 1

I'd like to know how many different condos are we discussing on the one thread?  :unsure:   [emoji767] Harry Brown  :wink:

Yeah but at the time it was very relevant and interesting to find out the progress of a similar project. Still is

On 3/16/2018 at 01:03, Blueydog said:

... I have also been informed city hall wouldn't allow the roof top gardens so i asked if they would be allowed over the road because it was on our model & promotional material the same but was told they couldn't say ...

Blueydog, I know you and your unlucky co-buyers realize you are sucked into the bone-crushing, soul-searing Thai Vortex, and are struggling with these insufferable people.

I am sure it is stupendously difficult.

The developer's claim that city hall wouldn't allow for rooftop gardens is just ludicrous .. I sat atop a major, publicly-listed BKK developer through it's recapitalization, repositioning and rehabilitation, am fairly well-versed on zoning and building codes, and am pretty sure these guys are blowing even more smoke up your asses, if that is possible.

Suggestion:  pay city hall an informal visit with a Thai to translate for you, ask to meet with the building permit department, and ask them if there is any reason a rooftop garden cannot be built on this property.

There is no practical reason this would not be permitted .. not zoning .. not structural .. not height restrictions .. nothing.

This is likely one of the cost reductions the new developer concluded was necessary to turn the project around .. along with eliminating features (fitness center, perhaps others), reducing the scope of work, and substituting who knows what other material specifications that are behind the walls and unseen.

Understand that any marketing and sales people, or onsite project managers with whom you speak have zero authority .. they are purposely placed by the developer between themselves and the buyers to deflect buyer confrontations .. this is how Thai companies in situations as this commonly work.

I feel for you and your co-buyers .. your situations are unenviable .. after all the blatant deceit and failings, I wonder why no one has organized and appealed as a group to the Thai Consumer Protection Agency, as an inexpensive alternative to a legal complaint .. the CPB is quite capable of bringing the developer to the table, and encourage negotiation .. I've been there.

Meantime, take that trip down to the building permits department and get the word directly from the horse's mouth .. you should independently verify everything the developer tells the staff to say.

Condolences and good luck to you all.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg