Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

According to my information, it will be built at the end of March 2019. Title deed after payment of last installment bank. Don't pay to early the last installment.
Is this developer connected to the Centara one? I think it was the same developer originally. As Centara are still waiting for their chanote maybe it will be the same issue

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
7 hours ago, wido said:
According to my information, it will be built at the end of March 2019. Title deed after payment of last installment bank. Don't pay to early the last installment.

Is this developer connected to the Centara one? I think it was the same developer originally. As Centara are still waiting for their chanote maybe it will be the same issue

The main developer is Nova now, originally was Tulip. This developer have to clean up the shit from Kobi (Tulip)

On 21/4/2018 at 13:00, striderman said:

typical low balconies

5adb19a60bf88_april21001(Custom).JPG.778f0ce1cc9faa7f93f74e67d7d6eb81.JPG

typical low balconies

Normally, according to what I see in the promotional video, a handrail must be placed above the plastic panels. Hopefully they do that, without it's not strong enough. With the slightest pressure against the panels you fall down.

3 minutes ago, wido said:

Normally, according to what I see in the promotional video, a handrail must be placed above the plastic panels. Hopefully they do that, without it's not strong enough. With the slightest pressure against the panels you fall down.

could be coming. balcony heights across developments may suit the average thai but but probably not the average falang

On 4/21/2018 at 04:00, striderman said:

typical low balconies

5adb19a60bf88_april21001(Custom).JPG.778f0ce1cc9faa7f93f74e67d7d6eb81.JPG

5adb19bf1daf8_april21002(Custom).JPG.2b77a710d231f88567fd6c595b711771.JPG

Predicting lots of farang suicides??? 555

Seriously... were they gonna put the AC units??  doesn't look like there is much space...

easy to fall off a low balcony drunk esp for young travelers not used to getting that way. but of course any family back home will seek a culprit other than their little darling

On 21/04/2018 at 18:00, striderman said:

typical low balconies

The pictures may be a little misleading in that they dont show the brick part of the wall (if any) below the glass area. In my condo that's about 8 inches. People sometimes say that the balcony rails in my condo are low, but I disagree. It would be very hard indeed to fall over mine unless you were 7+feet tall, or went at it at a run. From outside they do look lower though.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

The pictures may be a little misleading in that they dont show the brick part of the wall (if any) below the glass area. In my condo that's about 8 inches. People sometimes say that the balcony rails in my condo are low, but I disagree. It would be very hard indeed to fall over mine unless you were 7+feet tall, or went at it at a run. From outside they do look lower though.

i will try and see if that is the case next time i'm passing.

Design codes relating to public safety that are developed in western countries extend to building design details, such as this.

In the US, the minimum handrail height on level platforms is 42" (106 cm) .. in the UK, 100 cm.

Thailand's building codes are probably little better than 1950's compared to developed countries.

What codes Thailand does have are not rigidly enforced .. witness frequent modern high rise building fires, collapses, and the frequent deaths from falls over terrace handrails (not just in Pattaya).

While I lean Libertarian, some minimum government regulations are needed .. otherwise, design decisions as this are left to architects (or worse, contractors), who are NOT technical people, and simply cannot be relied upon to make practical decisions about the USE of a building .. an architect's focus is largely confined to APPEARANCE .. especially in the Thai architectural community.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

11 hours ago, Saddic said:

Seriously... were they gonna put the AC units??  doesn't look like there is much space...

If the same as next door Centara no reason why it won’t the AC units go on the side of each building (block) wall in rows hidden behind louvers

I have also read on another thread the AC units there are reconditioned old models.

11 hours ago, wido said:

Yes pretty sure there will be a hand rail over the glass as next door. Saying that poor workmanship won’t stop the glass just falling out as has happened in Centara also panels just falling off. Loose tiles etc. Want me to go on.

louvers.PNG

Edited by talung66

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

2 hours ago, brutox said:

What codes Thailand does have are not rigidly enforced .. witness frequent modern high rise building fires, collapses, and the frequent deaths from falls over terrace handrails (not just in Pattaya). //

Could you please give us examples of these many high rise buildings who got fire, or collapses ? :rolleyes:  I just never heard of a high rise collapsing in Thailand  :unsure:

And about the "frequent death falls", you could put all handrails at 1.06 or even 1.20m, but you would not stop these many people who want to jump !

3 hours ago, brutox said:

... What codes Thailand does have are not rigidly enforced .. witness frequent modern high rise building fires, collapses, and the frequent deaths from falls over terrace handrails (not just in Pattaya)....

7 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

Could you please give us examples of these many high rise buildings who got fire, or collapses ? :rolleyes:  I just never heard of a high rise collapsing in Thailand  :unsure:

And about the "frequent death falls", you could put all handrails at 1.06 or even 1.20m, but you would not stop these many people who want to jump !

Yeah, Okiva .. I guess that sounds pretty alarming .. here is the backup.

I have lived in BKK for a long time, so read of building fires here regularly .. Bangkok fires in recent years immediately coming to mind are:

• Two killed in a lowrise building fire two months ago;
  • Fire in a highrise condo that killed a few residents just a few weeks ago;
  • Two killed in a lowrise building fire last year;
  • Sathorn highrise condo fire about 2 years ago that killed a few people;
  • The Major Cineplex fire 3 years ago;
  • Orphange dormitory fire 3 years ago that killed about 20 children (in Chiang Rai);
  • The FICO Office Tower fire about 5 years ago;
  • The Marvel hotel fire (formerly Grand Mercure Park Avenue hotel, on Sukhumvit Soi 22), which killed a few tourists about 5 years ago;
  • The notorious Santika Club fire about 8 years ago that klled 50-75 people;
  • Another club maybe 2-3 years ago burned to the foundation just after closing;
  • Fires (yes, two) in Baiyoke Tower some years ago .. Bangkok's landmark tallest highrise;
  • Mandarin hotel fire about 10 years ago;
  • There are lots more.

It goes on and on here, with deadly fires occuring about annually .. Google up "Bangkok building fire" .. the local news does cover them, but some are buried by the news media's advertising departments .. they quickly fade from public interest .. maybe too common about which to get all excited.

I should have been more precise in identifying the building collapses as either accidents occuring during new construction, or with the illegal addition of floor(s) to old buildings:

• In the former case, accidents could be: (i) contractor error; or, (ii) the design was insufficient to carry construction loading (some structural elements are subject to more stress during construction than when complete); and,
  • In the latter case, dangerous inbred idiots decide to construct illegal floors onto buildings that are not designed to carry more floors .. (yeah, easy money, easy money!) .. they might carry direct live nd dead loads, but if they are subject to unusual lateral loads (earthquake, typhoon), they become dangerously unstable.

You are absolutely correct that handrail heights are designed for the 99.9999% of people who are not bonehead drunkards, or do not fancy making a colorful splatter their dying legacy .. I understand NY's Empire State Building had to completely cage the observation deck to solve that problem.

But, have no doubt Oukiva .. Bangkok building fires are a common occurance here .. so much so that they do not much endure as a story of local interest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, brutox said:

I have lived in BKK for a long time, so read of building fires here regularly .. Bangkok fires in recent years immediately coming to mind are: //

Hum... You said "modern" and "high rise", and most of your examples are low rise or old buildings! :rolleyes:

Mainly, your example with the most causalities (Santika) was a disco with 3 floors only...

All in all, it seems very few people killed in high rise fires in Bangkok compared to the 71 killed in one fire last year in London... (Grenfell Tower)

6 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Hum... You said "modern" and "high rise", and most of your examples are low rise or old buildings! :rolleyes:

[ Most are highrise .. some lowrise .. modern? .. all built within my active development career, except maybe the Mandarin Hotel.]

Mainly, your example with the most causalities (Santika) was a disco with 3 floors only...

[ Fine, you are an absolute master of relevent detail .. so, throw it out .. pretend it does not register on Bangkok's fire safety record.]

All in all, it seems very few people killed in high rise fires in Bangkok compared to the 71 killed in one fire last year in London... (Grenfell Tower)

[ Yes.  Sure.  You "win" the argument with London's Grenfell Tower tragedy .. London is far more unsafe than Thailand.]

Okay? .. so? .. we are listening .. what point, exactly, are you trying to make, Oukiva?

[ Other than that you appear as a pedant, trying to reframe and fashion a general observation into something that you can nitpick to death as though it is a thoroughly footnoted dissertation .. don't strain you brain on this, Oukiva .. chill .. it is a casual observation .. an opinion.  :) ]

My point:  Bangkok .. poorly regulated safety codes .. major deadly fires .. an annual event.

And yours?:  London's fire safety record is somehow  comparable to Bangkok's? .. that Bangkok is really not so bad? .. really?

I gotta' say, Oukiva, I lived in London for a couple of years and trust me, the frequency of building fires reported there was nothing as in Bangkok.

So .. have you lived in London? .. Bangkok? .. or, do you read the daily news in either? .. I did, and I do .. the difference is not anecdotal.

[ You can back off of your comparison at any time you want, and not be embarrassed .. umm, well .. maybe not too embarrassed. :D ]

Edited by brutox

11 hours ago, talung66 said:

If the same as next door Centara no reason why it won’t the AC units go on the side of each building (block) wall in rows hidden behind louvers

That's how it's done in modern buildings. More space in the balcony and less noise from the outside AC unit. I can't imagine if I would have 2 outside units of my 1BR apartment in the balcony. Balconies in the new buildings tend to be tiny...

21 hours ago, brutox said:

Design codes relating to public safety that are developed in western countries extend to building design details, such as this.

In the US, the minimum handrail height on level platforms is 42" (106 cm) .. in the UK, 100 cm.

You made me curious so I went out and measured the height of my railing of my Pattaya condo and it was 44"

• Like 1

I think the only modern high rises that have ever collapsed through fire (or explosives) were the 3 World Trade Centre buildings.

3 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

You made me curious so I went out and measured the height of my railing of my Pattaya condo and it was 44"

I never could resist a "mine is bigger than yours" contest.

My balcony railing is 116cm (46") high, including the concrete bit at the bottom. Yet people still say that my building has low rails.

• 3 weeks later...

yesterday...........

5afce945b21be_may16007(Custom).JPG.0a500f90228d02576703567ba5cd344a.JPG

same story . work going on, but slowly

5afce9707b94a_may16008(Custom).JPG.ce6c5a959b0fdf09cba8d8cb09a1031a.JPG

The actual building isn't unattractive, and those curved balconies and transparent safety barriers look quite nice.

If only the buildings weren't so close to each other.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

The actual building isn't unattractive, and those curved balconies and transparent safety barriers look quite nice.

Sadly, KittenKong, this is an inevitablity in any market as the inventory of developable land grows dear .. a real estate investment axiom is: "Land cost drives density."

I guess it could be driven by greed too, but a developer would then risk building units that are more close together than competitors.

This might be a continuing trend as available land in the favorable locations about Pattaya is developed out .. the planning concepts developers select are prinicpally driven by a combination of the: (i) land cost; and, (ii) government zoning codes and building regulations .. (the latter variable of which has turned California into residential hell).

If the zoning codes and building regulations prevent high-rises, developers can do low-rise buildings, and cram them all together to get sufficient density to 'dilute' the land cost per unit .. or, if the zoning codes and building regulations allow high-rises, developers can do high-rise buildings, and allow more open space to get sufficient density to 'dilute' the land cost per unit.

However, few residential developers in Thailand value open space .. these are not properties they will own, so they typically maximize the developable density to minimize the land cost per unit .. commercial developers, who will own the completed project, do pay a bit more attention to the intrinsic value that open space creates for their property.

21 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Yes i would hate to have a condo where your view was another condo 20 feet away. Why do people buy these when there are thousands around with decent views.