IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

5 hours ago, brutox said:

True enough, KittenKong.

Solid, dense materials, concrete specifically, are actually quite efficient conductors of sounds, which are merely higher frequency vibrations .. this explains why the guy drilling a hole in the concrete column on which to hang a picture in his 4th floor condo sounds (and feels) to you in your 22nd floor condo like he is working on your back teeth. 

Typical local developers put minimum money on things you cannot see .. things above behind the walls (plumbing, electrical, thermal and sound insulation, sealants, etc.), preferring to favor things you can, giving the appearance of something better than the reality .. this is a deeply-rooted, commonly practiced Thai cultural value. 

To reduce sound transmissions through the ceiling, installing a couple of layers of rolled fiberglass batt insulation on the topside of the dropped ceiling is simple enough .. I believe it is now available in Thailand.

Wall sound attenuation is not so easy. 

If you have an eye for design and construction details, the only way you will ever really know the true quality of development here is to look behind the walls and above the ceilings at the primary construction (wiring, pipes, connections, lightweight steel hangers, etc.), not the surface-mounted finishes (light fixtures, switches, bath & kitchen fixtures and ceramicware, door knobs, etc.). 

Take a moment to sit back, close your eyes, and just listen .. consider the typical Thai's tolerance to noise pollution .. these are not merely the sounds of the city, this is common throughout Thailand .. sound attenuation probably doesn't register in their list of wants, much less their list of needs.

For sound isolation you can better use Rockwool or Roxul (named in Thai ) as fiberglass is not so much sound proof , rockwool is sound & heat isolation . Fiber only good for temperature isolation . 

Edited by david555

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

On 23/11/2017 at 11:19, brutox said:

To reduce sound transmissions through the ceiling, installing a couple of layers of rolled fiberglass batt insulation on the topside of the dropped ceiling is simple enough .. I believe it is now available in Thailand.

The problem with this is that here the false ceiling is generally suspended directly from the concrete above with wires. These carry all the impact noise straight through to the plasterboard panels.

Ideally some sort of rubber/spring product should be used to completely separate the two, as well as using padding (or, better, a thick rubberised sheet). This could be spring hangers and/or resilient channels. Neither at all common in Thailand, inevitably.

srhbbt_detail.bmp

clip_joist_system.gif

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KittenKong said:

The problem with this is that here the false ceiling is generally suspended directly from the concrete above with wires. These carry all the impact noise straight through to the plasterboard panels.

Ideally some sort of rubber/spring product should be used to completely separate the two, as well as using padding (or, better, a thick rubberised sheet). This could be spring hangers and/or resilient channels. Neither at all common in Thailand, inevitably.

srhbbt_detail.bmp

clip_joist_system.gif

your example in video ..... very good ........! but then you go western building prices ...not the cheap thai prices anymore

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

14 hours ago, david555 said:

your example in video ..... very good ........! but then you go western building prices ...not the cheap thai prices anymore

Actually the extra costs are quite low if you just add the hangers and/or the resilient channel. Even the rubberised sheeting isnt very expensive. And the basic structure of the suspended ceiling, and its labour costs, hardly changes at all.

The problem here though is finding the extra parts in the first place as hardly anywhere seems to stock them. I know someone who imported the hangers himself in his checked luggage on a flight: they cost him about 120B each to buy in the USA and he didnt need many of them.

Thanks for the pictures. Is there real progress in construction or are these activities just to show that something is happening at the site ?

On 7/12/2017 at 11:57, striderman said:

not much happening round the back................

5a291e81ec293_dec6015(Custom).JPG.6f2c9445cc26e993cac9fe4b98d56f38.JPG

The owner of the land behind the building is making problems. She is not happy with the construction of the septic on the border. The construction of the septic is now stopped. The ground floor and the walls are ready. They hope to restart soon this construction, because pattaya city hall has given permission.

some progress but it's not quick. simply not enough workers on site

5a33b102334f7_dec15023(Custom).JPG.9861581a64598e62e7a1e3b0f37e5b19.JPG

5a33b11fa2170_dec15024(Custom).JPG.a0a63306687c03416101ed8d950f5904.JPG

5a33b13a27467_dec15025(Custom).JPG.798c9567b2985380e53b8141abe9ad33.JPG

• Like 3

I was contemplating buying one of these about 3-4 years ago. 

I am so glad I did not.

All the timelines they promised are years behind.

5 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

I was contemplating buying one of these about 3-4 years ago. 

I am so glad I did not.

All the timelines they promised are years behind.

given the amount of labour on site i would estimate a minimum of 2 years right now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, striderman said:

given the amount of labour on site i would estimate a minimum of 2 years right now

I had already many interview with mister Roman ( [email protected] ). Send him a mail or talk with him at the office in building A at the construction site.

Mister Roman ensured me that the condominiums will finished at the end of 2018. He keeps track of the work every day and had many times to put pressure on the contractor to keep the work on schedule. 

They started now the construction of the water tank building A which will be completed about 15 januari 2018. On februari 2018 will start the construction of the swimming pool.

There are many updates on instagram https://www.instagram.com/grandavenue/

I still cant get over how close each block is to the next. You really will be able to look straight from one unit into the opposite ones, and in many of the units all you will be able to see will be racks of other units. I wouldn't want to live there for free let alone on a paying basis.

• Like 2

well I just watched a video on instagram, and they are not  the same floor tiles that were in the show suites, I think we are gonna get a cheap alternative to what we were shown. and although they say the condos will be finished by end of 2018. what about the hotel,  we would still be living on a building site for a dam long time.

also I was actually surprised how close the buildings are together when they started, I cannot understand how now they gotta dig out between each building now to put the pools in, cant be good for the foundations of the condos being so close aqlso they gotta put walkways either side, so the pool will literally be a strip of water, and nothing like the renderings that were done,  

3 hours ago, paulyd2k said:

so the pool will literally be a strip of water, and nothing like the renderings that were done,  

In Thailand you should expect lies.

7 hours ago, paulyd2k said:

well I just watched a video on instagram, and they are not  the same floor tiles that were in the show suites, I think we are gonna get a cheap alternative to what we were shown. and although they say the condos will be finished by end of 2018. what about the hotel,  we would still be living on a building site for a dam long time.

Mister Roman tell me that the hotel construstion takes one year longer, end of 2019

yes exactly, so going to be a complete bombsite for another 2 plus years, and also they are giving us condos that are nothing like we were shown, the only differences I was told were the kitchen colour choices,  so far the doors look different and the tiles look different, and if its anything like across the road at the end of construction people will still be angry in four years time, the quality and finishes are poor at centara. they just expect us to put up and shut up here,

57 minutes ago, paulyd2k said:

yes exactly, so going to be a complete bombsite for another 2 plus years, and also they are giving us condos that are nothing like we were shown, the only differences I was told were the kitchen colour choices,  so far the doors look different and the tiles look different, and if its anything like across the road at the end of construction people will still be angry in four years time, the quality and finishes are poor at centara. they just expect us to put up and shut up here,

Yes, paulyd2k .. a sad and deeply disappointing awakening, but yes .. you understand it clearly now.

This is the risk when buying off plan in Thailand from this grade if developer.  If you are going to take that risk, you should do so only with a publicly-traded Thai developer.

Local developers (Thai AND foreign), accountable only to their own business ethics and practices, have few constraints placed on them under the insufficient Thai laws, regulations, and jurisprudence.

This consequence is not unexpected here.

The modern images of civility all about us (the Mercedes, the glittering high-rises, the international brands, the modern shopping malls and the ubiquitous Thai smiles and all that) are just that -- images, that are deceptions to many who have not drilled down beneath the surface to understand the unvarnished cultural values this imagery about us belies.

Thais and Thailand are nothing like back home.  believing that is a grave mistake, especially when your place heart or your treasure at risk.

I've done business and lived here since 2000.  Little has changed.

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

yes but back in 2013/14 golden tulip looked a fine company, and kobi had worked with the thai`s for years so all looked fine, and the development looked top notch,  I am glad it`s moving alone now and my investment seems a lot safer,5555,  I also understand what your saying about Thailand in general without going into a rant on it and them, but we are here and it`s no good trying to apply our western ethics to a third world country,        land of smiles be fucked, if only

1 hour ago, paulyd2k said:

yes but back in 2013/14 golden tulip looked a fine company, and kobi had worked with the thai`s for years so all looked fine, and the development looked top notch,  I am glad it`s moving alone now and my investment seems a lot safer,5555,  I also understand what your saying about Thailand in general without going into a rant on it and them, but we are here and it`s no good trying to apply our western ethics to a third world country,        land of smiles be fucked, if only

Hey, paulyd2k.

Yeah, I hear what you say .. one difficulty with relying upon local developers as these, is understanding the true risk they represent .. as private enterprises, they can easily conceal it.

Kobi's history goes back quite a bit further than 2013/14 and this project.  Because of the "imagery" about which I referenced above, knowing that history would have been difficult to know as a newbie (which I generally define as most anyone living here full time for less than 3 years).

You are not alone .. you are preceded by legions, upon whose innocence and trust local developers and their grinning sales jackals prey .. plane loads and plane loads and plane loads of newbies every year, from all over the world, before whom polished, less than ethical local developers can reset themselves, and place an entirely new set of imagery for themselves, appearing "fine" and "top notch".

Many are in Pattaya right now, for their first times, and are buying into that imagery.

Gotta' be careful out there .. we ain't in Kansas no more.

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

7 hours ago, paulyd2k said:

Do you have the original specs and brochures/photos? In other developments some people have had some success in getting some compensation (with the assistance of the consumer protection office) for not receiving what was originally described. Clearly if you can rally support from other co-owners your complaint will have more impact.

Edited by KittenKong