IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

8 minutes ago, paulyd2k said:

any ideas what that addon is at end of middle block?

i think it was never quite finished. there was re-bar showing before

1 hour ago, striderman said:

i think it was never quite finished. there was re-bar showing before

they had to break down the old office/showroom before  able finish the construction middle block

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, striderman said:

taken nov 2nd

59fc515f5e2a3_nov3004(Custom).JPG.3851aeefbae120c34d825c6492b13ba8.JPG

59fc51776cc02_nov3006(Custom).JPG.7e65245ab8e99720c787c326162f8dd0.JPG

59fc519192805_nov3007(Custom).JPG.e4da44d5336ae567bd4ec8286c358bd5.JPG

59fc51a3197a1_nov3009(Custom).JPG.b7d615eab1c7c9122c982d4401532acf.JPG

If they go at the same pace as City Center Residence (Soi Full Love Inn) should be finished early 2020.

3 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

If they go at the same pace as City Center Residence (Soi Full Love Inn) should be finished early 2020.

no that started slow but then raced ahead. i can't do the check on the pic history i have right now cos evil mr lager says no.........................til the dawns early light

8 hours ago, striderman said:

no that started slow but then raced ahead. i can't do the check on the pic history i have right now cos evil mr lager says no.........................til the dawns early light

No fermentated grapes last night?

On 08/10/2017 at 20:34, wido said:

What the developers price now is, i not know. Because the units in farang name are sold out. The price of mine condo (47.9 sqm) on the first contract (2014) was 3,050,000 B. Nova Groupe gave me a good compensation too for the delay. I'm happy to hear you think the price is now 96,000 per sqm, but i think i will be not... maybe if its finished end of 2019 ;)

On 15/10/2017 at 21:23, simon46 said:

5555555555555 oh 5555555555555, oh 555555555.

Somewhere on the board is an excellent post regarding condo sales, nothing new under the sun and the same story all over the world.

As prices will hopefully rise as completion becomes more likely and timing more accurate so the developer will hold back units balancing profit and cash flow to his plan.  Risk and reward are interlinked, he needs big balls.

Units are being advertised in FOREIGN NAME even now. Plenty available.

2.63 million for 36.25 sq m.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

That's strange, I thought that foreign quota had been all sold

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
12 minutes ago, davidge said:

Possibly resales Scuba?  I've seen a few on the facebook group I've been following. Guessing some people have become disillusioned and just trying to get there 60% deposit back, which equals a good opportunity for someone willing to take the risk.

Perhaps Davidge can clarify if he means the developer is advertising.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
17 minutes ago, davidge said:

Just now, Evilfriar said:

Possibly resales Scuba?  I've seen a few on the Facebook group I've been following. Guessing some people have become disillusioned and just trying to get there 60% deposit back, which equals a good opportunity for someone willing to take the risk.

Perhaps Davidge can clarify if he means the developer is advertising.

Cheers

I was typing as you replied.

I was going to say they could be resales as people try to get their money back. The advert was from an agent but not about a specific condo, rather a general one for units in this development. It was written as if it was for new units straight from developer- but you know what agents in Pattaya are like! 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

anybody notice the doors doors don't look the same as in show suites,   think they may be chopping a few things on the finishes as it progresses to pull a bit back

n

no the actual style of door and the operating. I thought they all slid back , but seem to remember they looked different, am not on about if they are gloss or matt,

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is of any help or muddy things a bit . I was involved as  a buyer in the Nova Group project at North Beach , thought it was a fantastic location . To cut a long story short all the starting procedure was done and even the pilings put in . When building was halted and the project cancelled .

This left me out to the tune of nearly £30k but I was kept informed and actually received a full refund which i made a nice little profit on due to currency fluctuation. And a very relived guy who has rented since whenever in town . 

So I thought I would pop into the sales room last week and see out of curiosity and this thread . Shown a very nice unit, busy sales office ,and a long chat with lovely sales lady . I asked about the directors of the company , and was told a Kobi something had left and Yunnan Fineman replaced him . I said oh the Nova group involved she no just Yunnan . Now I know Yunnan as Mr Finemans the main man at Novas son . 

Back to my bit all my paperwork at North Beach was done in Yunnan Finemans name and it was him who gave the notification to return my money . So I have nothing but good things to say about him and his fathers company Nova. But I am curious that someone who obviously values their business reputation so much would want to climb into the not so nice bed of these developers . Or perhaps he sees it as a good opportunity to branch out from the family business . This my little bit of info I hope it helps because when you realise you have no little or no rights in Thailand its not a nice feeling when things start to go wonky. Good luck to you guys that have invested I hope it all comes good . And good luck to Yunnan and I hope he finishes the project for you .

They now offer mini golf and running track? I don't see that in the design. Maybe you gotta run to pay 20baht and catch a bus?

Capture.JPG

Edited by Swinga

ummm

compare apples with apples, and architects not good at drawing mini golf, running tracks or trees?

What will the roof look like in the end is the question? Small bushes or palms? Or concrete nothings?

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

ummm

It's funny how construction workers never seem to be working when looked at. I notice the same thing back home in the US, but I'll be damned if the roads don't get built. Perhaps it's like quantum physics and the double slit experiment: when you actively observe a particle it behaves differently then when you're not looking at it. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, striderman said:

today

5a12b4e206b54_nov20006(Custom).JPG.1bb631c59974b209fd10d38eae4ad91d.JPG

Look at the thickness of the floors. No wonder Thai condos are so far from being sound-proof.

6 hours ago, Bazle said:

Look at the thickness of the floors. No wonder Thai condos are so far from being sound-proof.

Thicker concrete in the floors would not help as much as a proper second ceiling would. But here they generally suspend a thin sheet of plasterboard from the concrete floor above, with no insulation of any type, which is just about the worst possible way of doing it.

On 11/21/2017 at 23:34, KittenKong said:

Thicker concrete in the floors would not help as much as a proper second ceiling would. But here they generally suspend a thin sheet of plasterboard from the concrete floor above, with no insulation of any type, which is just about the worst possible way of doing it.

True enough, KittenKong.

Solid, dense materials, concrete specifically, are actually quite efficient conductors of sounds, which are merely higher frequency vibrations .. this explains why the guy drilling a hole in the concrete column on which to hang a picture in his 4th floor condo sounds (and feels) to you in your 22nd floor condo like he is working on your back teeth. 

Typical local developers put minimum money on things you cannot see .. things above behind the walls (plumbing, electrical, thermal and sound insulation, sealants, etc.), preferring to favor things you can, giving the appearance of something better than the reality .. this is a deeply-rooted, commonly practiced Thai cultural value. 

To reduce sound transmissions through the ceiling, installing a couple of layers of rolled fiberglass batt insulation on the topside of the dropped ceiling is simple enough .. I believe it is now available in Thailand.

Wall sound attenuation is not so easy. 

If you have an eye for design and construction details, the only way you will ever really know the true quality of development here is to look behind the walls and above the ceilings at the primary construction (wiring, pipes, connections, lightweight steel hangers, etc.), not the surface-mounted finishes (light fixtures, switches, bath & kitchen fixtures and ceramicware, door knobs, etc.). 

Take a moment to sit back, close your eyes, and just listen .. consider the typical Thai's tolerance to noise pollution .. these are not merely the sounds of the city, this is common throughout Thailand .. sound attenuation probably doesn't register in their list of wants, much less their list of needs.

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg