Food I like

just hanging

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pastrami on rye

attachicon.gifIMG_3697.JPG

Sumptuous.

................................................................................................................

Took a trip to Bangkok for shopping, party and of course all the excellent restuarants they have there! If I would stay there for a longer time I would probably be both fat and broke....

Started off with Italian food in Pizzeria Limoncello at Sukhumvit soi 11. My lady took a spicy seafood pasta. I took a pasta with grilled Italian sausages. Ordered of course a larger portion which was the perfectly sized then.

Can recommend this restaurants pasta. Didn't tried the pizza or the desserts. A local beer costed 115 baht. Sukhumvit 11 is not the cheapest place but have a lot of quality restuarants. Oskars is another favorite both to eat and drink in with the upperclass girls.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

There's a hell of a lot of western food in here, is that what people are eating?

Jeez, I love Thai food, it's one of my main drivers for being in Thailand too, I need a Thai Food addicts board.

There's a hell of a lot of western food in here, is that what people are eating?

Jeez, I love Thai food, it's one of my main drivers for being in Thailand too, I need a Thai Food addicts board.

Yes and no. I do eat thai food but I eat more spicy than my girls can handle so therefore I have to eat it alone which is of course boring. Therefore I cook better western food which the girls can eat with me. But I do cook thai-food and my daughter love it spicy as me. So here's some of my cooking. Thai style all the way!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yes and no. I do eat thai food but I eat more spicy than my girls can handle so therefore I have to eat it alone which is of course boring. Therefore I cook better western food which the girls can eat with me. But I do cook thai-food and my daughter love it spicy as me. So here's some of my cooking. Thai style all the way!

Essence of Thai food is definitely in being spicy, eating bland cooking defies logic. Some great dishes up here, the crabs looks messy but delicious 55.

................................................................................................................

This is the the worst thread I have read! That many pictures of food makes a man hungry! Lol in all seriousness mate, some awesome pics mate and some tasty looking dishes.

Thanx Steve.

On my no carbs, dropping weight fast      Pastrami on rye

4 cheese omelet scrambled    lots of protein few carbs and filling and tasty

scrambeld 4 cheese.jpg

cooked exactly like ordered

Essence of Thai food is definitely in being spicy, eating bland cooking defies logic. Some great dishes up here, the crabs looks messy but delicious 55.

Ye it's kind of boring cooking lame thaifood. The curry crab is an easy dish to cook yourself actually. You can buy the stuff in any Asian store abroad.

This restaurant in Bangkok which I had my last dinner in before heading back to Pattaya was outstanding! Just next door to Terminal 21. Been passing by for years but never been eating there. We ordered some Argentina sauceses as entrance which was delicious and I had a ribeye rare cooked of course to perfection along with red wine sauce and a huge baked potatoes. Had also 2 glass of Argentina red wine.

It was one of the best ribeye I had so far here. Just melted in the mouth and I had a food orgasm! Excellent alert service with good knowledges in the wine selection. But it' was not a cheap experience but popular place cause it's was almost full in a normal weekday. I guess my food landed on around 3000 baht. Only the glass of wine costed 360 baht. And that was far away from the more expensive glass of wines they had. But will defenitely come back on some special occasion.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You should open a hole in the wall restaurant and be the 'Farang chef on show' With the novelty factor and the look of your food I'm sure you'd be a great success! 

You should open a hole in the wall restaurant and be the 'Farang chef on show' With the novelty factor and the look of your food I'm sure you'd be a great success!

That's really kind words from you Sir! I'm so glad my passion for food have reached many peoples interest. Yes the idea have crossed my mind to open a restaurant. All friends I know say I should. But it's too much work and you never have a any really free time. I also suffer from a heart disease so I need avoid stress. And work in a kitchen with a full restaurant demands a lot of focus end dedication along with speed and perfection. But I do love cook for my friends and loved ones. Sharing is caring as they say. But doing business in it is a tough job!

Ps. I'm not "farang" Sir. I'm 100% Thai but been living around the world before moved back to LOS ds.

So finally back in my crib but not much rest. Girls coming from Bkk to live with me for 2 weeks. They are food lovers as me and from the upperclass so had to do a nice welcome dinner for them.

I choosed to boil lobster in white wine and Himalaya salt. A tamarind sauce topped with dried tomatoes and another sauce of ginger and coriander. Accompanied with a spicy spaghetti garlic and parsley. The way one of the girls thanked me later that night I will forever remember....

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lunch at the Blue Olive

Best Greek salad I have had in thaialnd

IMG_3916.JPG

Salad Greek.JPG

Mata Hari last night, one of my favorite restaurants      had a killer salad too and forgot to take the pic

Chicken Coclnut.JPG

IMG_4024.JPG

Mementos for lunch

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4031.jpg

IMG_4032.jpg

chicken, and mashed potatoes.   the french fries looked so good going by tried them too :)

IMG_4033.JPG

I was a tourist at surf kitchen today.....didnt see any zombies, thankfully

IMG_4085.JPG

Went to an Argentine steak house to the left of Terminal 21 Bangkok.   I love great prime steaks and really cant find them here.   This place was recommended as the best and it was.  The steak was fantastic and cooked exactly as ordered.  The bread great. The mac and cheese okay.    my friend got the mixed steak skewer, great but he dove in before I could take the pic.   [i take a lot of shit from my friends for taking food pics].  The restaurant was really cool looking and packed

IMG_4163.JPG

IMG_4164.JPG

I was gonna order the goat cheese salad but order the mac and cheese, something I will fix next time

Archived