IGNORED

Business Class Fares & Offers

davidge

I'm looking at MAN-BKK, out on 25/6/20 return on 15/7/20, I cant seem to get it below about £1725 (Finnair) or £1842 (my preferred choice Omanair). Ive been looking for about 3 months and never known it so pricey for so long. Ive flown business about 15 times in the last 9 years and usually expect to pay about £1500 with a variety of airlines, apart from Emirates. I'm considering biting the bullet and going Economy!

1 hour ago, parry said:

I'm looking at MAN-BKK, out on 25/6/20 return on 15/7/20, I cant seem to get it below about £1725 (Finnair) or £1842 (my preferred choice Omanair). Ive been looking for about 3 months and never known it so pricey for so long. Ive flown business about 15 times in the last 9 years and usually expect to pay about £1500 with a variety of airlines, apart from Emirates. I'm considering biting the bullet and going Economy!

Don’t do it!!! After in business so long, it will ruin your holiday. It would mine. It’s a bit more, but all that time you are in that economy seat you will wish you paid it. Just my opinion.

The other way to look at is, what you pay for business you can spend on mongering, on the A380 there ain't a bad seat on it.

18 hours ago, parry said:

depends where you live but Have you tried from Birmingham airport sometimes get good deals from there .. also when you look at Emirates take into account you may qualify for free chauffeur service which will offset the cost of parking or a taxi to and from the airport

Edited by T-T-T

18 hours ago, parry said:

I had to fly economy on the first leg of my last trip even though I had 3 seats to myself to sleep I couldn't wait to get to Business.. just an all round better experience, the food, the service , the seat, the space , the TV  definitely reminded me why I pay the extra

Edited by T-T-T

Got a great price on my next flight although it will take a stationing flight in oslo to get it,etihad business £1200 oslo-bkk then mnl-lhr with me missing the lhr-oslo flight 2 days later.with the positioning flight to oslo from lhr £1290. Was over 2k if just from/to heathrow.

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

31 minutes ago, fun125 said:

i like eva air but over 2200 now 

They would be my first choice but they’ve been expensive for 3 years now. No sign that’s going to change.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 hours ago, T-T-T said:

depends where you live but Have you tried from Birmingham airport sometimes get good deals from there .. also when you look at Emirates take into account you may qualify for free chauffeur service which will offset the cost of parking or a taxi to and from the airport

Never thought of that, I will give it a try, thanks. Emirates are superb and the chauffer service can save me up to £100 but Emirates are over £2000 at the moment. Etihad used to have a similar service, all for about £1500 but those times are long gone.

On 14/02/2020 at 20:31, parry said:

Cheapest BC for your dates is £900 out of Oslo, when I checked earlier. With Etihad. But it's not convenient.

Price now £925 or so.

Look.thumb.png.3f1050956a09e0261226d410b061bb4d.png

£1000 removes the need for an overnight in OSLO;

Look2.png.ea3f92c4e4061cd2be250b8d766f716e.png

Though as stated earlier, not convenient.

Edited by Hollander

14 hours ago, parry said:

Never thought of that, I will give it a try, thanks. Emirates are superb and the chauffer service can save me up to £100 but Emirates are over £2000 at the moment. Etihad used to have a similar service, all for about £1500 but those times are long gone.

Workable, flying out of CPH and in to MAN;

786741205_Look4.thumb.png.cc65c429ef0814b2852b03c34f291f31.png

But only if you are prepared to start your journey in CPH. Around £160 for the necessary positioning flight with SAS/City Jet. Replete with 2 x 23 kgs of hold luggage.  £110 with 1 x 23kgs of hold luggage.

So within budget, but with an annoying flight to CPH and back. :)

Hollander, thanks for your assistance on this. In short, its is cheaper to fly to Copenhagen and then fly back to Manchester, than just to board in Manchester?  Couldn't I just turn up at Manchester and get on there?

18 minutes ago, parry said:

Hollander, thanks for your assistance on this. In short, its is cheaper to fly to Copenhagen and then fly back to Manchester, than just to board in Manchester?  Couldn't I just turn up at Manchester and get on there?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No. The airline is selling you a ticket from CPH-BKK. How they choose to route you is up to them. They may ask less money for an inconvenient routing, but that is entirely within their perogative. The only thing you can do (and even this may get you banned from the airline if you do it repeatedly) is, if travelling with a carry-on only, just get off at MAN with your carry-on and not re-board for the last leg to CPH. This has its perils, though (besides that mentioned earlier); if there are problems with the flight, the airline is only obligated to get you to CPH, not necessarily to take the same routing.

The frequent flyer blogs/forums go into detail about this; the phrase you want to search for is "hidden-city ticketing"

TB-ES

On 15/02/2020 at 15:26, T-T-T said:

I checked same date and time for Xmas and Emirates from Birmingham instead of Manchester was about £180 cheaper. 

Downside is I live 79 miles from Birmingham so 9 miles outside the taxi limit, although I can get a lift to a mates house who lives closer

• Like 2

Gulf Air are coming up from £1462 during May if anybody is interested.   I was checking flights to include the 2 bank holidays ( spring bank holiday is on Friday 8th this year) so fly out Thursday 7th may return 25th may 

Gulf air have a great product only down side is the lounge in Bangkok  the Miracle has gone down hill lately i feel.. but otherwise no complaints. 

4 hours ago, T-T-T said:

Gulf Air are coming up from £1462 during May if anybody is interested.   I was checking flights to include the 2 bank holidays ( spring bank holiday is on Friday 8th this year) so fly out Thursday 7th may return 25th may 

Gulf air have a great product only down side is the lounge in Bangkok  the Miracle has gone down hill lately i feel.. but otherwise no complaints. 

Miracle 1st Class opposite D6 is ok, the one in hall C is dire (I use Priority Pass & walked out after 5 mins, my favourite lounge is the AF/KLM at Hall F/G).

7 hours ago, The Blue-Eyed Sheikh said:

Long answer: No. The airline is selling you a ticket from CPH-BKK. How they choose to route you is up to them. They may ask less money for an inconvenient routing, but that is entirely within their perogative. The only thing you can do (and even this may get you banned from the airline if you do it repeatedly) is, if travelling with a carry-on only, just get off at MAN with your carry-on and not re-board for the last leg to CPH. This has its perils, though (besides that mentioned earlier); if there are problems with the flight, the airline is only obligated to get you to CPH, not necessarily to take the same routing.

The frequent flyer blogs/forums go into detail about this; the phrase you want to search for is "hidden-city ticketing"

TB-ES

I didn't upload the correct screenshot. MAN - CPH should be more than twelve hours after. So no need to restrict oneself to just carry-on luggage.

So he will be able to pick his luggage up in MAN and walk out of the airport as normal.

So the only inconvenience is the flight to CPH and back.

580154135_Look5.png.2ecb52a57740c5ba026a19b0cb2ed6b6.png

Link to booking is here

Edited by Hollander

7 hours ago, The Blue-Eyed Sheikh said:

TB-ES

If he wants to make sure, put the MAN - CPH on another day entirely;

1049275586_Look6.thumb.png.5527a717317a8f52f5bef572e30cf182.png

But it's too late to choose the option with the short connection on the way back, as the price has gone up. So the combo in the post above this one represents the best value.

Click here to be taken to the combo

Edited by Hollander

On 14/02/2020 at 20:31, parry said:

Look at fares ex Dublin, they can be very competitive with the ME3 competing against each other daily. Also Turkish and various others.

Emirates has the chauffeur but only reaches 50km. Passenger duty is significantly lower in Ireland.

I flew Qatar down on Saturday, a level apart in business class, just don't expect the equipment promised. Still excellent.

Just booked BKK-MAN return with Qatar in May.

139,300 THB for 2 & hopefully have QSuites on at least 3 of the 4 legs (They're upgrading the MAN-DIA flights this month & next & I'm "Told" that the flights I've booked are the ones that have already been upgraded)

To be honest I was just as happy with their normal Business Class product so couldn't care less (Though the Ms is looking forward to getting new Pajamas).

On 16/02/2020 at 22:23, parry said:

If you miss the CPH - MAN first leg, you will be marked as a no-show and the rest of the journey cancelled.

If it were possible, I would have advised it in the first place. It's not like I thought you would like to travel to CPH for nothing. :)

The positioning flight is good, as it gets you in with four hours to spare.

It's a bit inconvenient, but it saves you at least £400, according to your figures. 

1018951669_Look5.png.baa3a3a07ed20118caf3479c503b8a43.png

You can take hold luggage as normal with this choice(although you will be limited to the amount of luggage the positioning flight allows. In this case up to 2 x 23kgs) Note the more than 12 hour stopover on the last leg. That will allow you to request your bags at landing in MAN and to go home.

No need to tell them you are going home. You can tell them you are checking in to a nearby hotel for some sleep if they ask.

Click here for easy access to the shown itinerary

On 16/02/2020 at 22:23, parry said:

You'll note that you are booking directly with Etihad, so no need to mess around with inflexible middlemen if you need to make changes.

AFAIK they are Business Classic fares(though don't quote me on it) with fare conditions thus;

Change date eligibility / Fee per guest: Yes / EUR 80 Changes after no show for departure: Yes / EUR 388 Refund eligibility / Fee per guest: Yes / EUR 110
Refunds after no show for departure: Yes / EUR 421 Checked baggage allowance per guest*: 40KG Miles earned per guest: 130%

Though my booking example is priced in Danish Crowns.

Thanks for all the advice. Still expensive, but my preferred choice for those dates is coming down; £1681 now, just need another £100 and I will book it

11 hours ago, parry said:

Thanks for all the advice. Still expensive, but my preferred choice for those dates is coming down; £1681 now, just need another £100 and I will book it

Problem is that you live in Manchester. You need to move. :) 

563283800_Look7.png.503befacdecbba0606015126b3a50465.png

It's not for everyone. This would be ok for someone living in London, as they can use Ryanair or BA's Exec Club for a cheap positioning flight.

The connecting flight with SAS from Manchester is not suitable. 

Link

Got email from Qatar offering discounts if booked today. I had a look it came in around £1750 ( did it in the app and online one with promo code one without and same price so who would guess promo code is bullshit) HOWEVER, the 2nd leg going out Doha to Bkk and the 1st leg return was in the new economy ( I didn't check all flights just the shortest flight times/arriving lunchtime ish like I always do)

I Had a look on the web and it looks shite. I did Vegas last year on Thomas Cook premium economy and this looked pretty much the same set up so for £150 each way extra it's a no brainer. 

Just checked Skyscanner to make sure Bizz available on all 4 legs, they do and my usual flights £2168, Emirates with the free taxi is £2194. There will be offers to come so sitting and waiting