Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Business Class Fares & Offers

davidge

4 minutes ago, fatjack1 said:

Dayum.  Just found Asiana LAX-BKK business class online for $3350.  Way lower than when I was looking 2 weeks ago or I would have bought.  380s all the way.  I doubt I can get a refund on my EVA flight now.  EVA credit sure.  Which I don't want.

AHHHHH.  Stop reading and looking.  :Crazy1:

EVA fares LHR-BKK in Biz are refundable - in all fare categories. Worth checking if it’s the same from LAX.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

40 minutes ago, davidge said:

EVA fares LHR-BKK in Biz are refundable - in all fare categories. Worth checking if it’s the same from LAX.

Thanks.  I was going to then I checked the arrival and departure times from Asiana.  And layovers.  In the end if I got a refund from EVA (minus the $300 fee) and refunded my PHX-SEA flight, I might save $400.  But with my current times I have a friend being taxi in a luxury car (plus he is a really good driver which I appreciate in Thailand).  Plus layovers are better.   

OK so this is not "strictly business" however I got a screamer fare recently with Air Asia - promoting their direct Brisbane - BKK flights (DM).

Air Asia are of course an LCC however they do have lie flat beds - so no lounge and very basic service no doubt. If on a budget (or on several trips a year) you can book each way in separate classes.

BNE-BKK - economy, seat selected, meal. daytime flight 

BKK-BNE - overnight flight, lie flat seat, meal

A$850 all up, 17,500 thb.

This is about a third of Biz class, less than economy was only 7-8 years ago  Was a sale fare.

Flight not until next year, will post a brief review/comparison (seat only) with other airlines biz class.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On flights from DOH with Qatar you can pre-select meals two weeks before departure.

The main dishes from the light bites section of the menu have been added to this to make it appear you have more choice.

F19AAC6D-EDD8-4FB9-BBE4-87A19444E876.thumb.png.a5f697791d4df6c27ab81cea5c41bd0e.png

On the frequent flyer forum flyer talk quite a few people have been recommending the Hindu non veg meal as an alternative to the breakfast menu above. I've asked for this and will have it at the end of the flight as an early lunch.

2 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

On flights from DOH with Qatar you can pre-select meals two weeks before departure.

The main dishes from the light bites section of the menu have been added to this to make it appear you have more choice.

On the frequent flyer forum flyer talk quite a few people have been recommending the Hindu non veg meal as an alternative to the breakfast menu above. I've asked for this and will have it at the end of the flight as an early lunch.

I’m flying with them for the first time in a few weeks. I’ve got a note in my diary to remind me to choose my meals a couple of weeks before. I thought I read somewhere that they now offered ‘dine on demand’ but don’t know if that’s on all flights?

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

I’m flying with them for the first time in a few weeks. I’ve got a note in my diary to remind me to choose my meals a couple of weeks before. I thought I read somewhere that they now offered ‘dine on demand’ but don’t know if that’s on all flights?

Definitely dine on demand on all long haul flights. 

Finnair have just released some interesting Black Friday Business class offers. Bangkok is from £1649.00 which is tempting if you can get one of the two daily flights to the UK on the A350 but less appealing if the UK to Helsinki leg is on the A320's with their economy masquerading as Business seats. Some even better fares for various cities in China too if you are planning a trip there. Book by December 2nd.

On 30/10/2019 at 13:08, thinkingallowed said:

The AMM-BKK leg continues onto Hong-Kong, or used to. I was impressed with the staff, food and seats when I took this flight.

Wouldn't mind a long stopover there to go visit some of the historical sights.

All change!

The RJ AMM-BKK flight now goes onto KL and not HK, I guess because of the current issues maybe?

• Like 1

On 30/10/2019 at 11:28, Shaksey said:

Yeah it's 6 hours but you can sleep the whole BKK-AMM sector (9 hours) and then get another 4 hours kip curled up in a quiet corner of the huge but always empty business lounge before the flight to LHR late morning.

I like this route as it gives a decent time to sleep, 8/9 hours between AMM/BKK unlike the other mid-east carriers that are usually a 6/6 split so you don't have enough time to sleep well on either sector.

787 all the way is good too, i definitely notice the difference.

RJ's London office is really friendly and helpful too. 

There's now a 4 hour tour of Amman and the surrounding areas you can do while you wait. It's all advertised right by the security transfer point and looked quite good. The tour agent sorts all your visa and entry/exit and stuff, no prior booking required. $140 I think it said.

• Like 1

I’ve been checking my likely travel dates for next June/July (though I can’t book yet) and a lot of options are showing up with the Lufthansa/Swiss partnership for around £1300. Sometimes out with one and back with the other. Obviously, the LHR legs won’t be full Biz Class but the long flights will be.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

I’ve been checking my likely travel dates for next June/July (though I can’t book yet) and a lot of options are showing up with the Lufthansa/Swiss partnership for around £1300. Sometimes out with one and back with the other. Obviously, the LHR legs won’t be full Biz Class but the long flights will be.

I wouldnt book a European airline long haul in business purely due to this stupid practice of business in economy 

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

16 minutes ago, gmoule said:

I wouldnt book a European airline long haul in business purely due to this stupid practice of business in economy 

I wouldn’t either, but some people don’t mind so I posted the fare. Lowest I’ve seen for a while.

I fly direct or I’d consider flying via Middle East. Don’t really seriously look at others.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davidge said:

That's an excellent price.

• 3 weeks later...

My dates for June/July have firmed up so I can book anytime now. I was just wondering if anyone can confirm the seating with Oman. It looks from SeatGuru that some planes are 2-2-2 and some are staggered suites in a 2-2-2 but with direct aisle access.

Any idea what LHR-MCT-BKK is likely to be? I can probably get them for around £700 less than EVA and £300-400 less than Qatar/Etihad.

RJ cheaper fares have gone on my dates.

Thanks.

On 04/07/2019 at 08:28, cheetzie said:

Great price!  Usually they are much higher than that. Some premium economy flights are near that price! 

Qatar from stockholm 1500 euro, turkish airlines from oslo 1312 euro, Use Norwagian airlines to position your self to stockholm or oslo  The cheapest business class fares are always from oslo.... Norwagian have a one way premium economy fm stockholm around 325 euro one way, or you can get a decent premium economy r/t on luftansea group airlines ex paris or amsterdam around 760 euro r t

Edited by dingbat22
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, davidge said:

My dates for June/July have firmed up so I can book anytime now. I was just wondering if anyone can confirm the seating with Oman. It looks from SeatGuru that some planes are 2-2-2 and some are staggered suites in a 2-2-2 but with direct aisle access.

Any idea what LHR-MCT-BKK is likely to be? I can probably get them for around £700 less than EVA and £300-400 less than Qatar/Etihad.

Thanks.

If you do not mind taking eurostar to paris. Then change trains to CDG you would save about £500 on a rt busines class fare

On 28/12/2019 at 01:59, davidge said:

Thanks.

Well, no one replied about Oman Air but reading recent reviews and looking at the airline and agent websites, they do have full aisle access suites on all four flights.

I’ve now booked them for June/July and got the flights for £1489 by going through an agent.

I think the current Oman sale ends on 8 January.

On 18/11/2019 at 03:43, blake7373 said:

OK so this is not "strictly business" however I got a screamer fare recently with Air Asia - promoting their direct Brisbane - BKK flights (DM).

Air Asia are of course an LCC however they do have lie flat beds - so no lounge and very basic service no doubt. If on a budget (or on several trips a year) you can book each way in separate classes.

BNE-BKK - economy, seat selected, meal. daytime flight 

BKK-BNE - overnight flight, lie flat seat, meal

A$850 all up, 17,500 thb.

This is about a third of Biz class, less than economy was only 7-8 years ago  Was a sale fare.

Flight not until next year, will post a brief review/comparison (seat only) with other airlines biz class.

I flew Thai Air Asia X KIX-DMK in 2015. I flew the day after running the Kyoto marathon so I booked their "business" class. I was really impressed, A330, Lie flat bed, plenty of drinks but no alcohol and the food was OK. I think I only paid about 250 US.

3 hours ago, davidge said:

Well, no one replied about Oman Air but reading recent reviews and looking at the airline and agent websites, they do have full aisle access suites on all four flights.

I’ve now booked them for June/July and got the flights for £1489 by going through an agent.

@Davidge I can't answer exactly but....

My family all flew Oman biz FRA-MCT-BKK back in November/December. FRA-MCT was on an A330 with a 2-2-2 and MCT was on a 787 with the staggered "pod" configuration. Feedback was that Oman Air are excellent and they actually preferred the A330. Definitely worth signing up for the sindbad program as your trip will get you to the silver tier which gets you lounge access on any future Oman Air trips in economy. Shame that they are not in an alliance.

Edited by javasumatra
auto spell correct uncorrected

On 01/01/2020 at 13:56, davidge said:

£1489 is a pretty decent fare for Oman. I have seen it a little cheaper but not for a year or so and you can certainly pay a heck of a lot more. Unless anything has changed in the recent past they share the Gulf Air lounge at Heathrow which isn't too bad although the breakfast selection wasn't up to much on my last visit. I would be a buyer for Oman and Gulf up to £1500

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Swiss / Lufthansa have been  releasing good business class deals frequently for a while now. If you can find a travel buddy ( or even your wife ) you can get business class return from LHr to BKK  for £1100 plus or minus on Swiss. Good availability in May and selected availability in subsequent months. On a major European airline departing from the UK and not taking a positioning flight that is pretty much as good as it gets

On 01/01/2020 at 13:56, davidge said:

I flew with them on a newish B787 Dreamliner from LHR to Muscat Business Class and their seats were 2-2-2. My seat was at the window and I had my own route to get to the aisle. They are a brilliant airline for Business Class as far as I am concerned. £1489 is a great price.

On 01/01/2020 at 17:27, javasumatra said:

@Davidge I can't answer exactly but....

My family all flew Oman biz FRA-MCT-BKK back in November/December. FRA-MCT was on an A330 with a 2-2-2 and MCT was on a 787 with the staggered "pod" configuration. Feedback was that Oman Air are excellent and they actually preferred the A330. Definitely worth signing up for the sindbad program as your trip will get you to the silver tier which gets you lounge access on any future Oman Air trips in economy. Shame that they are not in an alliance.

I have been a member of the Sinbad loyalty programme for a few years now. It is one of the most generous. 

29 minutes ago, cheetzie said:

I have been a member of the Sinbad loyalty programme for a few years now. It is one of the most generous. 

I automatically join the ff of anyone I fly with now. One thing, how do you find the Oman website? I keep on getting errors.

I tried booking with them about 9 months ago and kept getting ‘wrong format’ errors when putting in my details. I’ve got the same problem this time when trying to enter the ff number.

I use an iPad so don’t know if the website isn’t compatible? Very frustrating.

10 minutes ago, davidge said:

I automatically join the ff of anyone I fly with now. One thing, how do you find the Oman website? I keep on getting errors.

I tried booking with them about 9 months ago and kept getting ‘wrong format’ errors when putting in my details. I’ve got the same problem this time when trying to enter the ff number.

I use an iPad so don’t know if the website isn’t compatible? Very frustrating.

Always log on via my account at Sinbad but the website is this:

https://www.omanair.com/uk/en