IGNORED

Business Class Fares & Offers

davidge

I’m not sure the equipment you mention is actually guaranteed with any of those. They can/do have different planes on different flights. However, Eva is my first choice between LHR and BKK as it’s direct and a good Biz product BUT the difference in price you quoted is above what I’d consider worthwhile so I wouldn’t use Eva in this instance.

As Turkish have 2-2-2 seating I’d go with Etihad.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

The BKK to VIE leg is with the 787 - 10 and this is cut and pasted from the EVA air website

Airline:
EVA Air (BR 061)
Aircraft:
Boeing 787-10
Cabin
Business Class/Royal Laurel/Premium Laurel Class
Booking Class D

The AMS to BKK leg is with a 777 - 300 ER

I was leaning towards Etihad as their plane is in the 1 - 2 - 1 formation

This is my actual flight, the price from the Etihad website is $3,017 AUD

image.png.d25161ecaa7c5a019a98d4d17217ca99.png

My final destination is actually Liverpool to watch Liverpool play West Ham on Feb 22/23

From Manchester, train to Liverpool arriving around 16.00

3 hours ago, The Serpent said:

The BKK to VIE leg is with the 787 - 10 and this is cut and pasted from the EVA air website

Airline:
EVA Air (BR 061)
Aircraft:
Boeing 787-10
Cabin
Business Class/Royal Laurel/Premium Laurel Class
Booking Class D

The AMS to BKK leg is with a 777 - 300 ER

I was leaning towards Etihad as their plane is in the 1 - 2 - 1 formation

This is my actual flight, the price from the Etihad website is $3,017 AUD

image.png.d25161ecaa7c5a019a98d4d17217ca99.png

My final destination is actually Liverpool to watch Liverpool play West Ham on Feb 22/23

From Manchester, train to Liverpool arriving around 16.00

Only other flights I found were Qatar about £200 more than Etihad. Don’t know if they use Q-Suites on either MAN or AMS flights? Often 2-2-2 on BKK flights though.

Edit: looks like they have Q-Suites on 2 of the 3 daily MAN flights but maybe 2-2-2 on AMS. Guess it could change though. (I’m going by SeatGuru which isn’t always reliable nowadays)

Actually, after I cut and paste my itinerary, I noticed the Abu Dhabi to Manchester leg should be with the 787 - 10 Dreamliner

So I bought it!!!

Actually ended up $3,014 AUD... 

RJ LHR-AMM-BKK in November currently £1700ish.

787 all sectors, 560 BA TP's (4 x 140). 

7 hours ago, Shaksey said:

RJ LHR-AMM-BKK in November currently £1700ish.

787 all sectors, 560 BA TP's (4 x 140). 

Royal Jordanian is usually competitive now. I did consider them last trip. Think there’s a long stopover on the return leg.

3 hours ago, davidge said:

Royal Jordanian is usually competitive now. I did consider them last trip. Think there’s a long stopover on the return leg.

Yeah it's 6 hours but you can sleep the whole BKK-AMM sector (9 hours) and then get another 4 hours kip curled up in a quiet corner of the huge but always empty business lounge before the flight to LHR late morning.

I like this route as it gives a decent time to sleep, 8/9 hours between AMM/BKK unlike the other mid-east carriers that are usually a 6/6 split so you don't have enough time to sleep well on either sector.

787 all the way is good too, i definitely notice the difference.

RJ's London office is really friendly and helpful too. 

1 hour ago, Shaksey said:

Yeah it's 6 hours but you can sleep the whole BKK-AMM sector (9 hours) and then get another 4 hours kip curled up in a quiet corner of the huge but always empty business lounge before the flight to LHR late morning.

I like this route as it gives a decent time to sleep, 8/9 hours between AMM/BKK unlike the other mid-east carriers that are usually a 6/6 split so you don't have enough time to sleep well on either sector.

787 all the way is good too, i definitely notice the difference.

RJ's London office is really friendly and helpful too. 

The AMM-BKK leg continues onto Hong-Kong, or used to. I was impressed with the staff, food and seats when I took this flight.

Wouldn't mind a long stopover there to go visit some of the historical sights.

On 27/10/2019 at 14:56, davidge said:

Only other flights I found were Qatar about £200 more than Etihad. Don’t know if they use Q-Suites on either MAN or AMS flights? Often 2-2-2 on BKK flights though.

Edit: looks like they have Q-Suites on 2 of the 3 daily MAN flights but maybe 2-2-2 on AMS. Guess it could change though. (I’m going by SeatGuru which isn’t always reliable nowadays)

Nothing is reliable when it comes to which type of aeroplane or seat will be on a Qatar flight, not even the QR app or website.

My flight on Dec 20th to BKK is already full up front*. There's a good chance it will be swapped for a 2-2-2 configuration. If you are on a Q-Suites flight that gets swapped for inferior seats they will now allow you to change flights without a charge. If they swap my reverse herringbone type seat for 2-2-2 I'm going to try to swap. There's a flight 25 mins earlier and 20 mins later.

* It shows full on the Qatar App but they are still selling tickets and expertflyer shows the front row as blocked not occupied so hard to tell if it is full.

Edited by thinkingallowed

1 hour ago, thinkingallowed said:

Nothing is reliable when it comes to which type of aeroplane or seat will be on a Qatar flight, not even the QR app or website.

My flight on Dec 20th to BKK is already full up front*. There's a good chance it will be swapped for a 2-2-2 configuration. If you are on a Q-Suites flight that gets swapped for inferior seats they will now allow you to change flights without a charge. If they swap my reverse herringbone type seat for 2-2-2 I'm going to try to swap. There's a flight 25 mins earlier and 20 mins later.

* It shows full on the Qatar App but they are still selling tickets and expertflyer shows the front row as blocked not occupied so hard to tell if it is full.

I’m using Qatar for the first time at the end of December. I’m flying CWL-BKK-LHR so only expect Q-Suites on the final return leg. Unless they change the planes, it’s 1-2-1 from CWL then 2-2-2 on both BKK legs - I chose my seats at booking.

(I’ve probably said that before, sorry! :rolleyes:)

7 minutes ago, davidge said:

I’m using Qatar for the first time at the end of December. I’m flying CWL-BKK-LHR so only expect Q-Suites on the final return leg. Unless they change the planes, it’s 1-2-1 from CWL then 2-2-2 on both BKK legs - I chose my seats at booking.

That is an early start from Cardiff. Bloody early arrival too with the shortest connection.

If you have a longer layover than the 50 minutes one and fancy a shower in the lounge book a time slot when you arrive. It's nearly always too busy.

Just after security there's a lift up to the lounge. Miss this and you end up going down a floor only to have to then go up two.

33 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

That is an early start from Cardiff. Bloody early arrival too with the shortest connection.

If you have a longer layover than the 50 minutes one and fancy a shower in the lounge book a time slot when you arrive. It's nearly always too busy.

Just after security there's a lift up to the lounge. Miss this and you end up going down a floor only to have to then go up two.

I’m on the 14.15 departure from CWL and have just over 2 hours in DOH (just over 3 on the way back to LHR). Arr BKK 1255. Thanks for lounge directions.

Edit: the CWL flights departures are early morning 3 days a week and early afternoon 4 days a week.

On 30/10/2019 at 13:08, thinkingallowed said:

The AMM-BKK leg continues onto Hong-Kong, or used to. I was impressed with the staff, food and seats when I took this flight.

Wouldn't mind a long stopover there to go visit some of the historical sights.

I've used them for HKG/BKK a few times as well as they're the cheapest 1W option so I can use the Cathay First Lounges at HKG. I only bother with Eco for these flights and it's always been good as well as you say. Very low load factor too for this sector. 

On 30/10/2019 at 13:22, thinkingallowed said:

I stopped using Qatar due to the ridiculous mix of equipment types, the varying hard products on them, and their propensity to randomly change equipment type after booking.

Their arsey rules around their lounges at Hamad also pissed me off.

BUT - They do let 1W Emerald holders in their new lounge at BKK no matter what 1W carrier you are on :) 

• Like 1

On 27/10/2019 at 10:25, The Serpent said:

Hi lads

Just as I was about to pull the trigger to purchase the following business class ticket

BKK/MAN/AMS/BKK for Feb/Mar - I 'll call this flight 1

I've come across this flight with EVA air

BKK/VIE/AMS/BKK - I'll call this flight 2

Flight 1 - I can purchase now for around $3,000 AUD (1,600 pound or 1,850 Euro) with either Turkish or Etihad airlines

Flight 2 - will cost me $4,100 AUD (2,200 pound or  2,500 Euro)

The reason why I am umming and arring is the EVA air flight is with the 787 - 10 Dreamliner and both are direct flights

I'm answering my own question, as I prefer to spend the $1,100 I would save on the flight 1 option on the Thai ladies, but that little voice in my head is telling to live a little and go with the flight 2 option

Off course with the flight option 2, I would have to factor in a couple of hundred dollars more to get me from Vienna to Manchester, so it would end up costing around $1,300

Also, with flight 2, I arrive in Vienna at 08.25 and there a flight with Easy Jet ( what a contrast...lol) that leaves at 11.40, direct to Manchester 

btw, the Turkish flight is with an Airbus 330-300 and the Etihad flight is with a Boeing 787 - 9 Dreamliner

What do you think???

I think you answered it.

Enjoy the flights.

I notice most of this is from Europe.  Just a heads up if you want a BIZ class (Royal lie flat 1-2-1) seat on EVA from the west coast of the USA they have a special from Seattle for $3800 RT.  I just bit for my January visit.  And it has the nice arrival times of 10:40 AM in BKK.  

I was looking around last night and it looks like Emirates have some good prices from the UK. I was giving this Xmas a miss however last night my dates of Dec 7th to Dec 26th Manchester to Bkk was £1938 on net flights inc taxes etc, and similar on other search engines, on Emirates site was only £2043

last year went Etihad Bizz for about £1500, no complaints but not quite as good as Emirates or Qatar and if I got same price today would use them. I did feel a little guilty about making my sister get up at 6am on Boxing Day to pick me up so the chauffeur service would ease my guilt 

i will see what happens with the baht as I said if it was below 40 I wouldn't go but as I'm getting older I forget shit 

Gulf Air have a few flights for £1500 for new year Lon to BKK.. I just bagged 29th December to 19th Jan for £1444 same flight was available as well returning on the 12th .. the price seems to come and go .. jumping up to £1900  it was originally available from 26th as well but I couldn't book quick enough and missed it but it may come back ... you have to play around with the dates but should be a few left ..  

BA currently have a 50% Avios discount offer on Eco and Prem Eco reward flights, and 10% discount on Biz and First.

On 07/11/2019 at 23:42, Shaksey said:

BA currently have a 50% Avios discount offer on Eco and Prem Eco reward flights, and 10% discount on Biz and First.

But tbh, who would fly BA these days? On the BKK run, the planes are old and knackered, as well as the staff

On 09/11/2019 at 14:17, mercmanrob said:

But tbh, who would fly BA these days? On the BKK run, the planes are old and knackered, as well as the staff

I'd happily fly them in Biz for 100k or so Avios and £500 tax even on their old planes with their old staff although I've encountered a great many friendly younger guys and ladies working the BKK route as well in Biz. Flat bed with excellent privacy (in window seats) and direct flight at perfect times is all I really care about as i'll be asleep for most of the time anyway and BA ticks all those boxes still for me.

The planes will still be old but the new club suites rolling out on 777's now will be the newest Biz hard product in the sky too - 

https://onemileatatime.com/british-airways-club-suite/

Air China have launched their annual 48 hour promotion for "singles" day which is like a supercharged version of Black Friday. Lots of Business class flights for around the £1500 mark. Not all the connection times are good but i found flights to Bangkok in December for £1450 via skyscanner with combined flight times of 17 and 19 hours respectively.

For the benefit of European members most European countries are on offer with the very best deals available in Germany where return flights to Bangkok are available for around 1100 Euros. If you are a time rich but cash sensitive Brit it might be worth taking an avios flight to Germany to access the very cheapest fares. A bit too much messing about for me personally as i am only prepared to countenance one change of plane to get to Thailand but it may suit others.

These offers run for only 48 hours and the best combinations will obviously go pretty quickly. Hat tip to Head for Points which is a good resource for those who like to turn left on the plane and stay in nice hotels but prefer not to have to pay full price to do so.

Edited by neilri2001

If anyone is flying Oman in the next few weeks, please note:

We would like to inform you that the Oman Air First and Business Lounges at the Muscat International Airport  will be closed for scheduled maintenance  from 20th November to the 15th of December 2019.  

During this time, we will accommodate our Sindbad Silver and Gold members, Business and First Class guests at the Majan Lounge located on the 7th Floor & the Prime Class Lounge located on the 5th floor.
spacer.gif
  • All First, Business Class ,Gold and Silver Sindbad members travelling to Europe &  the Far East will be accommodated in the Prime Class Lounge.  
  • All First, Business Class ,Gold and Silver Sindbad members travelling to the GCC, Middle East, India Sub Continent & Africa will be accommodated in the Majan Lounge.
  • Business Class guests travelling on domestic routes will also be accommodated in the Majan Lounge.
Our lounge staff will be available on the mezzanine floor as well as in both the receptions of  Majan & Prime Class Lounges to assist you. 

We thank you  in advance for your cooperation and understanding and apologise for any inconvenience. 

Kind regards, 
Sindbad Team    

I paid$3500 from SFO to HCMC on Asiana, though flights to BKK are comparable. I could have paid cheaper by at least$700 if I'd flown a Chinese carrier however I was hesitant having no prior experience on them and reading very negative reviews. I've been tracking via Skyscanner and the prices have pretty much held the same. I'll spend a few days in HCMC then take a local carrier for the flight to BKK. I flew to HCMC last year coach and it was too long for this 6'1" 62 y.o. First trip to LOS.

Hope my data points are helpful. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

Dayum.  Just found Asiana LAX-BKK business class online for $3350.  Way lower than when I was looking 2 weeks ago or I would have bought.  380s all the way.  I doubt I can get a refund on my EVA flight now.  EVA credit sure.  Which I don't want.

AHHHHH.  Stop reading and looking.  :Crazy1: