IGNORED

Business Class Fares & Offers

davidge

This is certainly only interesting for mainland europeans.

As a frequent Aeorflot BC or PE traveler from Berlin via Moscow to Bkk, I can say this airline is much better than their reputation.

They now announced, starting from march 4th, implementing new business and PE fare rates.

Its called "Base Fare", mean it is not refundable, but maybe is a good bargain for someone who can precisely plan their trip.

So if you look for good rate in BC or PE and Aeroflot should be your list.

https://www.aeroflot.ru/ru-en/news/61680

• 2 weeks later...

I read today that prices dropping due to Coronavirus. It seems they forgot to tell the Middle East airlines, however Lufthansa have got some very good prices, Man to Bkk 5-26 December with short stopovers less than £1400. 

If I can get a good deal Qatar etc will prob book on credit card, then if I don't survive until Xmas my estate can get the money back

I read today that intra-Chinese fares have come down ..... so-called "cabbage" fares. But I'm not seeing a lot of movement on long haul fares.

I just got off and SQ flight from SFO that was maybe 15% full. And this is after SQ cut capacity on the route by over 50% we were boarding right next to and EVA flight leaving at the same time, and I'd guess that the people waiting in the gate area would not have half-filled a 777.

I dont think fare cuts would have much effect. People are too afraid to fly, or are being told by their companies not to fly. So at the time, the airlines would be foolish to cut fares. I do t think you'll see major fare cuts until this storm has mostly subsided, and who knows how long that will be.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, basket case said:

I read today that intra-Chinese fares have come down ..... so-called "cabbage" fares. But I'm not seeing a lot of movement on long haul fares.

I just got off and SQ flight from SFO that was maybe 15% full. And this is after SQ cut capacity on the route by over 50% we were boarding right next to and EVA flight leaving at the same time, and I'd guess that the people waiting in the gate area would not have half-filled a 777.

I dont think fare cuts would have much effect. People are too afraid to fly, or are being told by their companies not to fly. So at the time, the airlines would be foolish to cut fares. I do t think you'll see major fare cuts until this storm has mostly subsided, and who knows how long that will be.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

These fares are for Chinese airlines to fly within China...

They are trying to keep their businesses afloat... Doubt many takers...

https://time.com/5794372/china-coronavirus-cheap-flights/

I highly doubt you will see reduced fares for western or other long haul carriers anytime soon...  All the airlines are suffering due to the virus...

Edited by Saddic

2 hours ago, Saddic said:

These fares are for Chinese airlines to fly within China...

They are trying to keep their businesses afloat... Doubt many takers...

https://time.com/5794372/china-coronavirus-cheap-flights/

I highly doubt you will see reduced fares for western or other long haul carriers anytime soon...  All the airlines are suffering due to the virus...

I've been seeing under £900 business class flights from Europe with Chinese airlines. So lower prices are being offered. But who wants to fly on a Chinese airline right now or anytime soon?

• 1 month later...

Just been having a look at the summer again from Oslo again.

Etihad available for under £1000, nice price but this is a three flight route via Brussels.

Online travel agencies keep coming up with Lufthansa but on further research it isn't full service flights but with budget arms of the airline. £1100 ish. 

Qatar and Finnair are both offering sub £1200 fares and flexibility due to the covid crisis.

While rechecking fares it went back to economy and these crazy prices came up...

11EFA416-3BB6-4284-B703-6811A13DE70C.thumb.png.2b01fa8b94869906a689cbd9d9ca6331.png

I've seen some good prices for December. 5th to 26th Man to Bkk. Qatar £1575 with 2-3 hour stopover each way, and less than £2k with emirates 

i also had a look at hotels and seemed expensive, 

I'm self employed although work for 1 company so waiting 3 weeks to see if I still have a job

• 5 weeks later...

I'm still looking at prices and it looks like there may be a sale in the next few weeks. Same flights as before and shot upto around £3300 for Emirates and Qatar. That is with 2-3 hour stopover 

1 hour ago, Halfaboy said:

How much was a regular flight before ? 

Generally speaking, LHR-BKK return with Qatar or Emirates has been around £1900-2200 over the past 12-18 months or so.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

They tend to do this then have a sale, maybe buy one get one half price or a big % discount, it will still end up just over 2k for a ticket

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone used DreamWorld travel. They have Qatar Bizz for £1587 for December the next best from anyone else is £1769. They are Atol protected and from what I see have same offers regarding cancellation etc.

ive been looking at reviews and ignored the really recent ones with claims and refunds with Covid as all agents are struggling but other reviews seems they are really shit, or really shit hot!!

1 minute ago, bigbadbaz said:

Has anyone used DreamWorld travel. They have Qatar Bizz for £1587 for December the next best from anyone else is £1769. They are Atol protected and from what I see have same offers regarding cancellation etc.

ive been looking at reviews and ignored the really recent ones with claims and refunds with Covid as all agents are struggling but other reviews seems they are really shit, or really shit hot!!

1. I absolutely wouldn’t book for December now.

2. If I did, I would only book direct with airlines in current circumstances.

3. Be careful on the LHR-DOH legs as some of the cheaper fares are with BA for that leg (codeshare).

Like Davidge, I would only book directly with an airline.

FWIW, Qatar has announced a very generous (on paper) refund/change policy, and, as a State-owned airline, I would be shocked if they went under.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 26/05/2020 at 21:38, bigbadbaz said:

I used dream world travel in 2018. Got a good business class deal with Oman air. All ok no dramas

I read recently that Turkish airlines who I flew business with a couple of years ago and was quite impressed except that they don't have the herring bone formation seats which mean you have someone sitting beside you. Anyway they announced that due to c19 restrictions their business class food was now going to be severely reduced to basically a cold sandwich in a box, or on longer flights two cold sandwiches in a box. The unlimited dessert cart is gone and seemingly hot food. See attached article for pictures of food I'd expect of budget airlines and not an airline who has an onboard chef, who I'm guessing is also gone. 

https://onemileatatime.com/turkish-airlines-catering-downgrades/

Looks like to me another exercise in bull and blaming c19 for cost cutting, that new airport in Istanbul has to be paid for. If I remember correctly they were about 1800 Euro return with very nice flight times albeit a later than usual departure from BKK. So about 3-400 Euro cheaper than most of the Middle Eastern airlines. But for me the food is a big part of flying business, especially for someone like me who rarely eats out when I'm not on holiday so I look forward to some decent food onboard. Total dealbreaker for me, Turkish business is now a premium economy service.

10 minutes ago, dontpanic said:

I read recently that Turkish airlines who I flew business with a couple of years ago and was quite impressed except that they don't have the herring bone formation seats which mean you have someone sitting beside you. Anyway they announced that due to c19 restrictions their business class food was now going to be severely reduced to basically a cold sandwich in a box, or on longer flights two cold sandwiches in a box. The unlimited dessert cart is gone and seemingly hot food. See attached article for pictures of food I'd expect of budget airlines and not an airline who has an onboard chef, who I'm guessing is also gone. 

https://onemileatatime.com/turkish-airlines-catering-downgrades/

Looks like to me another exercise in bull and blaming c19 for cost cutting, that new airport in Istanbul has to be paid for. If I remember correctly they were about 1800 Euro return with very nice flight times albeit a later than usual departure from BKK. So about 3-400 Euro cheaper than most of the Middle Eastern airlines. But for me the food is a big part of flying business, especially for someone like me who rarely eats out when I'm not on holiday so I look forward to some decent food onboard. Total dealbreaker for me, Turkish business is now a premium economy service.

It wont just be Turkish Airlines doing this, I expect all will.  Some of the services onboard and the ground will genuinely be affected , reduced or removed due to Covid regulations, but, Covid will also be used as an excuse to cut costs and eliminate some services that will never return or perhaps only return with a fee.

It wont be the first time we have seen airlines act in a similar manner, in the past security has been used as an excuse, now they have Covid

A friend flew American Airlines first today from Miami - domestic flight, but a 5+ hour non-stop one. His "meal" was a bottled water and a cookie. Luckily, he brought a bag of peanuts from home, because he said the airport was pretty desolate with most vendors closed.

He DID get a Diet Coke, since he was in first.  555

I think service will pick up as travel picks up, but we're still very early in the game.

I also think that International long haul will continue to be much better than domestic, but I think the days of impeccable, almost restaurant-level quality and service may be quite a ways off.

I really don't get it, aren't the food and utensils supposed to be to a very high hygiene factor anyway? In hotels for years they put little plastic wrappers around the glasses in the bathroom to keep them sanitised. Chefs are taught about cross contamination very early on, heating something up surely increases the chances of killing bugs and the likes. But yes I agree this is just another cost cutting bandwagon like all those so called security measures. 

The ‘reason’ is to keep contact between passengers and crew to a minimum.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, davidge said:

.....and will be for as long as they possibly can. And to keep crews to a minimum. Flying with the absolute legal minimum of crew will save lots of money.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Someone still has to give you the cold sandwich box right? Give me a break.

On 04/06/2020 at 00:30, davidge said:

So executive-blow-jobs in-flight are also off-the-menu now, then ?  :sad::rolleyes:

Edited by semi-retired member