IGNORED

Business Class Fares & Offers

davidge

Looks like Qatar are off my list:

Qatar Airways has launched new ‘fare families’ across both economy and business class, with a total of six different fares across the two classes.

The new fares are, by travel class,

Economy class: Classic, Convenience, Comfort

Business class: Classic, Comfort, Elite

Each fare will have different elements included, from additional checked baggage allowances to additional Qmiles.

The top – Comfort – level of economy class ticket offers seat selection and unlimited, complimentary changes to travel date and fee-free refund. Across all classes, members of Qatar Airways Privilege Club can earn more Qmiles according to the fare family they select.

In business class, the basic – or Classic – level no longer allows lounge access as part of the price of the ticket or seat selection, and in the case of cancelling the flight, incurs higher cancelation fees.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 hours ago, davidge said:

Qatar Airways has launched new ‘fare families’ across both economy and business class, with a total of six different fares across the two classes.

Each fare will have different elements included, from additional checked baggage allowances to additional Qmiles.

The top – Comfort – level of economy class ticket offers seat selection and unlimited, complimentary changes to travel date and fee-free refund. Across all classes, members of Qatar Airways Privilege Club can earn more Qmiles according to the fare family they select.

In business class, the basic – or Classic – level no longer allows lounge access as part of the price of the ticket or seat selection, and in the case of cancelling the flight, incurs higher cancelation fees.

A quick check of the dates I usually travel confirmed my suspicions. The new ‘Classic’ level is the same cost as the old lowest Biz category BUT they have removed lounge access and seat selection.

I know many of us have been wondering what airlines will look like at the end of the current situation and how they will adapt, this move by Qatar isn’t very encouraging.

Hopefully, there will still be plenty of ‘full service’ airlines at a reasonable Biz fare.

Frankly, Qatar can go screw themselves.

11 hours ago, davidge said:

Just checked for next April, comfort both legs is coming in at the competitive price of £3939.34

if I won tomorrow's £110m I still wouldn't book this on principle. At least there will be no complaints of the lounge been too busy

Geez.....now I'm REALLY hoping that I get a full refund on my Qatar ticket for next week (as opposed to a credit to be used on a future flight)!

• 2 months later...

It's a while since a post on here, wonder why??

I still look at flights for Xmas now and then and found the best Emirates one for ages. Manchester to Bkk with short stopovers 3-28 December £1998. Not through Emirates own site but Dream Travel. Still a few ifs and buts but might just stick it on the credit card and gamble

12 minutes ago, bigbadbaz said:

It's a while since a post on here, wonder why??

I still look at flights for Xmas now and then and found the best Emirates one for ages. Manchester to Bkk with short stopovers 3-28 December £1998. Not through Emirates own site but Dream Travel. Still a few ifs and buts but might just stick it on the credit card and gamble

Finnair a good option and well priced. Have also seen Qatar at about £1800 through the airline with some guarantees on changes and cancelation. I really fancy Qatar and stopovers also short for them.

have flown both Swiss and Gulf from LHR at about £1500 in recent years but you have to get down to London.

I always try to book with airline if I can

8 minutes ago, Chrisrs said:

Finnair a good option and well priced. Have also seen Qatar at about £1800 through the airline with some guarantees on changes and cancelation. I really fancy Qatar and stopovers also short for them.

have flown both Swiss and Gulf from LHR at about £1500 in recent years but you have to get down to London.

I always try to book with airline if I can

Just remember that Qatar now do not give free seat selection nor Lounge access with their lowest Biz fare.

1 minute ago, davidge said:

Just remember that Qatar now do not give free seat selection nor Lounge access with their lowest Biz fare.

1 minute ago, davidge said:

Agreed but I reckon they are worth the gamble if you check in online 24 before you fly as you should have some choice You can buy their lounge access in Doha and I think that it’s about $80.

not so worried about uk or bkk lounges and I can get the former with one of my credit cards.

their middle biz pricing is roughly £1000 more which makes them more expensive than direct carriers and hence not an option.

I've flown Qatar biz the last 3 times and I like them, however this new pricing structure makes the slightly cheaper flights look like premium economy and I can imagine getting there and them saying 'this not included, that not included'

The Emirates chauffeur service is applicable to me so it saves getting a mate to drop and pick me up so that's worth a few quid extra.

The main site is £320 dearer whilst not a lot I don't like to pay more for the same thing

For anybody who's interested in Business/First class travel, this guy seems to spend the whole of his life flying in them... 

https://www.youtube.com/c/Trektrendy/videos

I enjoyed his "Round the World in 1st Class for $x vid... 

Anybody who's just interested in how much it costs should skip to around the 21:50 mark...  

• 1 month later...

It's obviously a massive gamble given that Oman is currently on the UK's red list but Loyalty Lobby are reporting that Gulf Air are offering a return from London Heathrow to Bangkok for £961 in Business Class.

I flew Gulf Air before they switched to the 787 dreamliner and before they moved into the new terminal and was impressed . How they will be if Covid forces you to change your plans is obviously another matter and i think it is fair to say that none of the middle Eastern airlines have the best reputation for customer service.

Book by March 31st and outbound travel to be completed by November 30th. There are also some black out dates

I was quoted £2,300 business class return from Manchester UK to Bangkok on the Qatar Airways website for an October  2021 date - great - less than I was quoted last year. 

BUT lounge access and seat selection added £600 to the price :Anger:

My honest ramblings relating to my first ever adventure in Thailand December 2017 - My First Time in Pattaya, Thailand
"Happiness is like a warm summer breeze caressing your face" 

• 1 month later...

I got an email from Qatar with special bizz class prices. I'm still hoping for this December but not booking so had a look. The mid range bizz, which is the same as the old one with lounge and seat Dec 3 to 28th is £2639.00 so I'm giving it a miss.

i saw on cheap flights yesterday same dates with Turkish was about £1650, looks a decent deal, not the same as Qatar but £1000 can get a few massages and Heineken

On 22/03/2021 at 16:43, neilri2001 said:

It's obviously a massive gamble given that Oman is currently on the UK's red list but Loyalty Lobby are reporting that Gulf Air are offering a return from London Heathrow to Bangkok for £961 in Business Class.

I flew Gulf Air before they switched to the 787 dreamliner and before they moved into the new terminal and was impressed . How they will be if Covid forces you to change your plans is obviously another matter and i think it is fair to say that none of the middle Eastern airlines have the best reputation for customer service.

Book by March 31st and outbound travel to be completed by November 30th. There are also some black out dates

beware gulf air route in to Bangkok last time I checked was Lon - Bahrain - Singapore - Bangkok  making it a 24 hour trip as opposed to 14 - 16 hours with stop overs.   This change in April and they where unsure when they would go back to Bahrain - Bangkok when I contacted them

But I do like Gulfair been my airline of choice for some time with the deals they did for business . The on-board chef use to make me laugh in a good way ... mini cabins are great ..  Hopefully they will revert to Lon - Bahrain - Bangkok soon 

Edited by T-T-T

• 1 month later...

I'm mulling over taking a gamble and booking flights (likely BA) from the UK to Las Vegas next year. Like many, I haven't been spending money over the past year so I'm contemplating using some of the cash I've saved to book business class for the first time. The problem is - I know once I fly business class it will be really difficult to get back on a long haul flight (especially to Thailand) in Economy ever again. Decisions decisions...

• 4 months later...

Just thought I’d revive the thread as things are tentatively getting going again. I’ve been looking at various dates next year and Swiss are showing up for around £1250 on most dates. Certainly too early to think of booking yet but it’s a good fare and the 3 direct options are all more expensive than they used to be (£2500++). Out of the ME airlines Etihad consistently the cheapest at £1700-£1800 or so.

I checked my usual carrier Emirates, noticed that the flights currently offered from Dubai to BKK are 777 and not A380. Not a massive concern but I do like the privacy on the A380. £2,400 ish on their website for Man - BKK return Nov - Feb. Perfectly acceptable as it includes chauffer pick up, just need easing of paperwork, tests etc. from Thai authorities.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davidge said:

Just thought I’d revive the thread as things are tentatively getting going again. I’ve been looking at various dates next year and Swiss are showing up for around £1250 on most dates. Certainly too early to think of booking yet but it’s a good fare and the 3 direct options are all more expensive than they used to be (£2500++). Out of the ME airlines Etihad consistently the cheapest at £1700-£1800 or so.

Flew Swiss last time I went to LOS, great service and nice lounge in Zurich. Very private if you can get the single seat( I’ve forgotten what they call it) Finnair also looking good for March

Finnair seem to be on the lower end of business, Etihad definitely have their best prices for a long time. I've seen decent prices from Qatar, KLM & Turkish.

A friend or mine has just flew in Qatar Airways business class "Qsuites" and said it was better than a lot of first class he's flew in. He got it for 1400 Manchester to Bangkok.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BuakhaoBarry said:

A friend or mine has just flew in Qatar Airways business class "Qsuites" and said it was better than a lot of first class he's flew in. He got it for 1400 Manchester to Bangkok.

Sounds a great deal; you do miss a few of the perks with their cheapest BC such as lounge access and seat selection but I am sure you can buy into the former if you have a long transfer time

2 hours ago, Chrisrs said:

Sounds a great deal; you do miss a few of the perks with their cheapest BC such as lounge access and seat selection but I am sure you can buy into the former if you have a long transfer time

As Chris said, I've done Qatar biz loads of times but not since they moved the goal posts and I'm not sure I will book again.

How they can justify charging for biz class and not allowing you in the biz class lounge or booking a seat is a disgrace. 

Be careful if you book through Skyscanner or Cheapflights as I can see them telling you one thing and actually ending up with something else but it's still called bizz class. 

Im probably going to look at Swiss if I can find the right plane and layout, or say balls to it and go for Emirates as can get the 380 on 2/3 legs each way and live 40 miles from Manchester airport so the taxi is a real bonus 

28 minutes ago, bigbadbaz said:

As Chris said, I've done Qatar biz loads of times but not since they moved the goal posts and I'm not sure I will book again.

How they can justify charging for biz class and not allowing you in the biz class lounge or booking a seat is a disgrace. 

Be careful if you book through Skyscanner or Cheapflights as I can see them telling you one thing and actually ending up with something else but it's still called bizz class. 

Im probably going to look at Swiss if I can find the right plane and layout, or say balls to it and go for Emirates as can get the 380 on 2/3 legs each way and live 40 miles from Manchester airport so the taxi is a real bonus 

Swiss single seat is called a Throne seat, they save some for their frequent flyers.

I use sky scanner to see who is discounting at a particular time and then always book direct with the airline just to be safe; it also helps with loyalty points etc. I have made the mistake of not being signed up for the one world network which means I’m not redeeming as many miles as I would like.

I have lots of Virgin Airlines miles from going to the states from uk but can’t redeem them going east apart from HK

Looking for BIZ Class BKK - London - first 10 days of December - no more than one stop - I have a million Avios they seem pretty useless for now - any decent options at a good price?

I dont mind booking one way...

TIA