IGNORED

Is the empty lot in front of SeaMe Hotel under construction now?

cutter

Any chance of a review,dont mean a detailed description of every nook and cranny,just a few pros and cons.Its just that this place is on my list of possibles for next years trip.I`ve read comments on here and agoda and trip advisor, and they are generally positive!

hey mate,

u can check on my  reviews on The Stay, Page 10 and Sea Me Spring Too on Tripadvisor.

My nick in tripadvisor is Amino Nocturnes.

Just to sum it up, (from my fav hotel between the 3)

The Stay (came here twice and i will stay here again during Xmas - so far i would prefer this hotel)

pros

- All balcony is facing the street (soi10). What i like is the balcony is spacious and equip with a table and 2 chairs, good for smokers like me. lucky is that the hotel (Eastiny) opposite is under renovation, so no one will notice even your naked at the balcony.

- Rooftop pool is bigger than Page 10 and a better view, and a bigger gym too.

- Room is spacious and enough to roam about at night. :D

cons

- No bathtub (aaww) :(

- Aircon temp lowest you can go is 23degrees, though its cold, but then dawn breaks, it gets pretty warm in the room around 7++ to 10am since your balcony and window is facing East.

- furniture is made of wood so it does looks quite old.

- password for WIFI is always wrong. I didn't bother with it since i bought a SIM card in all my Pattaya stay.

Page 10

pros

- modern rooms with bright painted colors (green or orange)

- bathtub (whoo hoo!)

- There have this oil diffuser/burner at the bathtub which you can "stimulate" both you and your partner for a more enjoyable night.

- look through concept from your room to the bathroom

- bathroom spacious with a 1-2 metres of mirror stretch across the wall.

- very very cold aircon

- very lovely shower foam (lemon grass which i like the smell)

- get the rooms are usually facing the Hilton hotel so you will get a decent view (if your lucky partial seaview too).

cons

- No balcony but a Terrace. Only enough for you to stand on. Gets pretty hot as the aircon unit is placed at your terrace (while the aircon units for rest of the 2 hotels are placed away from the balcony).

- Rooftop pool is pretty small but the cocktail bar there is well maintained.

- If you happen to get the superior room, the wardrobe is located INSIDE the toilet. Basically you can't access it if there is someone in there.

- TV in the room have quite poor reception.

Sea Me Spring Too

pros

- i happen to get a room (top level, level 7 or 8 if i remembered correctly) facing Walking Street and i got a awesome view of the iconic "Pattaya City" and partial sea view. doubt they have it now since the construction of the opposite hotel is almost done.

- VERY VERY spacious room

- big balcony with 2 chairs and a table.

- bathtub (whoo hoo again)

cons

- key access to the room. this is something i hate most. My room key are sealed with the room number tags (which are used to trigger the on/off switch to your room), so you will need to take BOTH the keys and the tags out. My mate (another room) happens to took out the key and lost in at Walking Street and have to pay a fine for it.

- there's only a binder covering the window from the toilet to the room. In any case if you were to switch on the toilet lights, it will still be quite bright (for me).

- it will definitely be quite noisy now since there is 2 constructions going on right beside the hotel.

Im quite a fussy picker when it comes to hotel room, so in short, Page 10 or The Stay for now.

Both of the hotel staffs are very friendly and approachable (maybe they thought i'm a Japanese). All 3 have basic amenities (hair dryer, hot water flask, coffee glass, ash tray), but Page 10 have toothbrush, comb, toothpaste and they do change a new set for you when they do housekeeping. As these are personal hygiene items, i don't even want my thai girl to use them, so thats not a pro factor for me.

check in and check out was a breeze. Just to highlight, The Stay always requested a deposit of 1k baht and will return to you once you checked out (guess its their policy). So i will always have 1k more to spend on my next trip.

since all 3 are guest friendly hotels, just go for the one which is bang for bucks.

you can pm me if you need to ask me any further questions.

cheers mate. :GoldenSmile1:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the prompt reply adrian,much more comprehensive than i thought i`d get.So another thumbs up for `the stay`then.I stayed at sea me too in july, and although i enjoyed my stay at sea me i like to try other places,and  because the location is hard to beat the stay is on my agenda.

I`ll check out your reveiws on trip advisor too,thanks a lot.

This afternoon........

20151106_144222.jpg

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

• 3 weeks later...

Some Pics around the SeaMe Spring area (November 2015). Noisy or no, hard to find there in these days something like a holiday feeling...

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

Planned to stay in SeaMe Spring Too, but I think it was a good decision to cancel and look for another hotel.

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

Hey guys.  I was planning on staying at Sea Me Spring in 2 weeks for a few nights.  I would not be in a sea facing room. How noisey do you think it would be?  I have not stayed there before, so even with the photos, it is a bit difficult to assess.  Thank you

Hey guys.  I was planning on staying at Sea Me Spring in 2 weeks for a few nights.  I would not be in a sea facing room. How noisey do you think it would be?  I have not stayed there before, so even with the photos, it is a bit difficult to assess.  Thank you

sea me spring 2 is the building in the pic in my post above (163) where u can see the sign sticking out

i don't think it would be excessively noisy unless you were in a room directly overlooking the site.

it is piling that causes most noise and that phase was finished long ago

If possible book a `me` room, they are round the back and i had no noise issues at all during my 3 week stay in july/august.

Thanks for the info. Just to clarify, I have a "me" room at Sea Me Spring (not Sea Me Spring 2). Hopefully that implies it will not be too bad.

Ironically, I only booked a few nights over NYE (trying to avoid getting stuck in a noisey room) then I will move over to Areca for about 5 nights.  Now I hear some reports of excessive construction noise there! blah..

Thanks for the info. Just to clarify, I have a "me" room at Sea Me Spring (not Sea Me Spring 2). Hopefully that implies it will not be too bad.

Ironically, I only booked a few nights over NYE (trying to avoid getting stuck in a noisey room) then I will move over to Areca for about 5 nights.  Now I hear some reports of excessive construction noise there! blah..

there is not much going on near areca as far as i know.

there is a large development at the back fronting Soi 15..............centara  by the tulip group ............but it's almost done as far as construction and there are very few workers on the site

I´m curious how it looks there after finishing all the constructions...

latest pics..........

dec 16 002 (Custom).JPG

dec 16 003 (Custom).JPG

and of course as this is thailand health and safety protocols are strictly enforced.............

dec 16 004 (Custom).JPG

who needs flip flops?

dec 16 007 (Custom).JPG

• 1 month later...

Whats the name of the new hotel? Guess it could be ready for Songkran...

Whats the name of the new hotel? Guess it could be ready for Songkran...

if and when they put up a sign i will take a pic.

Thanks for the pixs striderman...your the ''Sateef'' of hotel pixs & info!  :ThumbUp6:

Geez you'd think SeaMe 2 would be spewing-chips now those rooms that once faced the sea are NO MORE! They'd have to bring down the price you'd think...

strideman - Thanks for all of your contributions it is really appreciated.

Archived