IGNORED

Up to Date Map and Reviews of Darkside Bars

forcebwithu

Black Pearl has closed and the sign has been taken down.

Only two weeks ago I’d a very enjoyable session in their swimming pool.

There was even a new horny “swimmer” by then: chubby Sky.

• Thanks 1

Sad to hear Black Pearl 2/White Oyster/Black Pearl has closed.

No chances of a restart?

Empire bar on Kaho Noi, was open last night, I poked my head in, looks exactly the same as before, I didn't stay for a drink so not sure of the prices.

On Soi Nern Plab Wahn, right of the defunct Eight Ball, Enjoy Bar is taking shape, apparently Swiss owned.

At the previous locations of Black Pearl and La Guinguette the builders are in.

At Butterfly Bar the youngest “girl” appears to be 44 years old.

Those “girls” are all freelancers, who get their shares of lady drinks and barfines (apart from the fucking fees).

In the afternoon I have been driving along Mabprachan Lake and everything looked very quiet.

Near Apple’s I saw a sign “Doctors”, not sure what that is.

I think I missed some places.

I wonder if this map is still up to date as to the Mabprachan area.

TBH I wonder if there is any decent girlie bar in that area.

On Soi Khao Talo I saw a Streetview car, perhaps working on a new version.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Houten Kop said:

On Soi Nern Plab Wahn, right of the defunct Eight Ball, Enjoy Bar is taking shape, apparently Swiss owned.

At the previous locations of Black Pearl and La Guinguette the builders are in.

At Butterfly bar the youngest “girl” appears to be 44 years old.

Those “girls” are all freelancers, who get their shares of lady drinks and barfines (apart from the fucking fees).

In the afternoon I have been driving along Mabprachan Lake and everything looked very quiet.

Near Apple’s I saw a sign “Doctors”, not sure what that is.

I think I missed some places.

I wonder if this map is still up to date as to the Mabprachan area.

TBH I wonder if there is any decent girlie bar in that area.

On Soi Khao Talo I saw a Streetview car, perhaps working on a new version.

I haven't been out around the Mabprachan area for awhile, so have been relying on reports of others to update bars in that area.

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 10:47, forcebwithu said:

I haven't been out around the Mabprachan area for awhile, so have been relying on reports of others to update bars in that area.

The good news is that the road works are over there.

You can even drive in the shade of the motorway now.

At Koy Bar on Soi Khao Talo a new girl, somewhat younger and slimmer than the other ones, but overdressed, has started.

She was standing on the terrace, shouting “Welcome!”, but neglecting the customers inside.

A loss of time and money.

Happily, I only ordered a still water at 20 baht.

No need to tip.

5 hours ago, b0b said:

The good news is that the road works are over there.

You can even drive in the shade of the motorway now.

Yesterday coming back on 3240 I used SCC around the reservoir to get back to Pattaya. I was surprised to see in the months since I last was out there they are well along in constructing a new road from Mabprachan Park to the intersection with the SCC Pattaya arch. That's as far as the construction went, but there may be a phase 2 that extends the new road from that point to the new highway on the west end of the reservoir.

Seems to me a bit of overkill on road building for a stretch that doesn't have the traffic to warrant four lanes. Wonder if when finished it will be a positive for the bars around the lake, or a negative as watching four lanes of traffic speed by would not be my first choice when choosing a bar to relax in.

FBWY I was walking along Khao Noi yesterday and noticed that "The Butchers Arms" similar to the one in Bukhaow was there about 300m past Chilled on the left just on the bend. Not sure if it is the same crowd or not but worth putting on  the map?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

image.png

22 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Yesterday coming back on 3240 I used SCC around the reservoir to get back to Pattaya. I was surprised to see in the months since I last was out there they are well along in constructing a new road from Mabprachan Park to the intersection with the SCC Pattaya arch. That's as far as the construction went, but there may be a phase 2 that extends the new road from that point to the new highway on the west end of the reservoir.

Seems to me a bit of overkill on road building for a stretch that doesn't have the traffic to warrant four lanes. Wonder if when finished it will be a positive for the bars around the lake, or a negative as watching four lanes of traffic speed by would not be my first choice when choosing a bar to relax in.

Still some confusion as to the works here. Some locals saying it is indeed a 4 lane road . Talking with the deputy mayor of Pong yesterday he is adamant it will be a cycle walking road for around the lake. Who really knows for sure. If a 4 lane road they are going to have to get rid of the football ground, bike track , playground and garden area opposite the Pong municipality building. I think I believe Mayor Vivrat although it certainly looks like overkill. If a bike/walking track you can bet that will include motorbikes whether they want to or not.

Not looked at the updated map yet but a previous post mentions the Doctors, that is the old Niftys. On its second owner since Nifty sold out. same format as before, couple of girls working there who will go out. No rooms on premises.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Harve said:

Still some confusion as to the works here. Some locals saying it is indeed a 4 lane road . Talking with the deputy mayor of Pong yesterday he is adamant it will be a cycle walking road for around the lake. Who really knows for sure. If a 4 lane road they are going to have to get rid of the football ground, bike track , playground and garden area opposite the Pong municipality building. I think I believe Mayor Vivrat although it certainly looks like overkill. If a bike/walking track you can bet that will include motorbikes whether they want to or not.

Not looked at the updated map yet but a previous post mentions the Doctors, that is the old Niftys. On its second owner since Nifty sold out. same format as before, couple of girls working there who will go out. No rooms on premises.

I think the Mayor is correct, although I agree with you from what I've seen of the construction it's overkill for a bike/walking track. That's why my first thought was it was another couple of road lanes being built. The reason I'm pretty sure the Mayor is correct is I knew the long range plan was to extend the bike path from the park around the lake. 

Great to see the new bike path is being built sooner rather than later.

Edited to add: I had an enjoyable bike ride around the reservoir this morning to check on the WIP. Pics can be found in this post...

Edited by forcebwithu

And back OT. Since I was out that way this morning I noted quite a few closures and a few previously mentioned bar name changes. Map now updated to reflect these changes. Undoubtedly I missed a few, so let me know of any other changes that need to be made.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

And back OT. Since I was out that way this morning I noted quite a few closures and a few previously mentioned bar name changes. Map now updated to reflect these changes. Undoubtedly I missed a few, so let me know of any other changes that need to be made.

Enjoy Bar is not where Eight Ball used to be, but next to it.

3 hours ago, bar stool said:

Enjoy Bar is not where Eight Ball used to be, but next to it.

Looks to me like it's in the same space. They just moved the sign to the other side of the bar.

Enjoy Bar.jpg

Eight Ball.jpg

there is a very big newish bike shop over on the lake, for sales/spares and hire for ride around lake, it is also a coffee shop , I have been in a few times the owner is lovely ,very pleasant woman,  it also has some sort of bmx/skateboars track next to it,  it has had a lot of money invested in it and hope it does ok, but a longshot,  but will pop in always if over there,  need to get over to look at how that flyover thingy has progressed

12 minutes ago, paulyd2k said:

there is a very big newish bike shop over on the lake, for sales/spares and hire for ride around lake, it is also a coffee shop , I have been in a few times the owner is lovely ,very pleasant woman,  it also has some sort of bmx/skateboars track next to it,  it has had a lot of money invested in it and hope it does ok, but a longshot,  but will pop in always if over there,  need to get over to look at how that flyover thingy has progressed

I noticed the new bike shop on my ride around the reservoir yesterday. Agree it is quite large. Think they're in a great location to take advantage of all the bikers that will come to the area once the reservoir bike path is completed.

This has given me the idea to add a map of the various bike shops in the area around Pattaya to my thread on bike paths and routes.

2 hours ago, paulyd2k said:

Possible to give a better description of the location?  The lake is somewhat large.

24 minutes ago, Wolf Cat said:

Possible to give a better description of the location?  The lake is somewhat large.

Name of the place is Cycle Hub.

image.png

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Cycle+Hub/@12.9300226,100.9743032,14.75z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1scycle+club!3m4!1s0x0:0xd87a3fbf5a999965!8m2!3d12.9306544!4d100.9657221?hl=en

• Like 2

55555, that`s it I couldn't remember name , I also had a free coffee for checking in on facebook while there, so worth a visit,  nice place , will pop back  very soon

Apparently Empire bar celebrated their reopening on 8 Feb.
Empire Bar.jpg

Looks like Red Lion is still open for business, but with a for rent sign and some work taking place.
Red Lion Pub.jpg

List of Darkside bars currently included on the map and changes included with this update:

Edited by forcebwithu

On Soi Khao Noi Drama Bar has gone dark.

At the reopened Empire Bar, also on Soi Khao Noi, the girls are only interested in LDs.

Several of them appear to have come from the overpriced and not so successful MJ Kitty on Soi 6.

Squeeze Me, also on Soi Khao Noi, will open as soon as they have the necessary licences, probably on Valentine’s Day, Thursday 14th February 2019.

At BC Rock Bar on Soi Khao Talo Soi 9 I saw some weightlifters in their late forties.

On Soi Nern Plab Wahn, at the previous location of Eight Ball (indeed not right of it), Swiss-owned Enjoy Bar was deserted.

Also on Soi Nern Plab Wahn, Diva something has moved towards the corner.

• Thanks 1

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 07:19, forcebwithu said:

Looks to me like it's in the same space. They just moved the sign to the other side of the bar.

Enjoy Bar.jpg

Eight Ball.jpg

I stand corrected: Enjoy Bar is indeed at the old location of Eight Ball.

I’d only noticed it when driving past in the dark.

That being said it’s well lit now, but empty.

Drama Bar seems to have reopened.

At Bat Cave I saw two ladyboys and an extremely fat girl and behind the counter an old Thai woman and a Thai bloke.

At most places there are very few girls.

• Thanks 1

New bar just opened up and you won't be missing anything if you give it a pass.  Squeeze Me bar on Khao Noi, a TINY shop house bar with the air conditioner's compressor blowing hot air to those sitting out front. Small Leo 70 baht, nothing special girls, If you love Glen Cambell's music and a bar the size of a large toilet,  you'll like Squeeze Me.

Visited the "Butchers Arms" on Soi Khao Noi on the bend about 300m past Chilled. A really clean spacious and well fitted out bar. Mid afternoon had a sprinkling of expats inside, large screens all showing a different sport. Menu was well laid out, reasonable with Western & Thai meals available.  Tiger & San Mig Light draft beers on tap as well as Guiness and Thatchers cider. There is a smaller room off to the side perfect for private parties. The girl who served us first was cute with limited English but tried very hard so cannot fault that. An older girl with good English came and spoke to us. I asked her if this was connected to the BA on Soi Bukhaow, she said that it wasn't but everyone asks the same question. All in all a good clean air conditioned bar, ideal for watching sport. The only con was that they allow smoking throughout which can be a deal killer for me. Worth a visit.

Butch 2.jpgButch 3.jpgButch 1.jpg

• Thanks 1

image.png