IGNORED

Up to Date Map and Reviews of Darkside Bars

forcebwithu

On 29/11/2018 at 02:08, Houten Kop said:

Empire Bar on Soi Khao Noi has gone dark.

Sad to see it closed - when it first opened was quite successful. Then seemed to stall. The usual story, change of management, absence of interesting ladies, and a little bit more expensive than the average DS Bars. So in the end,  the critical ingredients for success was just not there.  In the early days I had some interesting sessions there. RIP  

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:55, forcebwithu said:

Thanks for the heads up on the name change. Noticed too that Nok & Nok Bar on Khao Talo is now Nok Happy Bar.

Nok & Nok, now only one Nok, was/is on Soi Khao Noi Soi 9, not on Soi Khao Talo.

Also on Soi Khao Noi Soi 9, the builders are in at what was once the Sinners Lounge.

A new DS bar just opened up 3-4 days ago; "BB Bar" right next to the Bat Cave, it's a small little hole in the wall type bar, small Leo 65 baht, music played by the owner's telephone and average looking DS older bar ladies.  OK for a drink, not for cuties or stunners.   

• Thanks 1

The alley towards Butterfly Bar has got new sewers and a new concrete surface.

The pole with the sign has reappeared on Soi Siam Country Club and the bar has reopened.

Butterfly Bar is currently becoming an elderly home, with one 48-year-old GILF (Noi) and at least three MILFs in the 42-48 age bracket (Jam, Nan and Ka).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the waitresses at Passion Dance Club on Soi 6, who happens to live on Soi Khao Talo Soi 9, told me that Kik Bar, also on Soi Khao Talo Soi 9, has closed because the owner Kik now is “working” in Korea.

I always thought smoke-ridden Kik Bar was Belgian owned.

• Thanks 1

Just now, b0b said:

One of the waitresses at Passion Dance Club on Soi 6, who happens to live on Soi Khao Talo Soi 9, told me that Kik Bar, also on Soi Khao Talo Soi 9, has closed because the owner Kik now is “working” in Korea.

I always thought smoke-ridden Kik Bar was Belgian owned.

Kik Bar closed sometime around May.

Just now, forcebwithu said:

Kik Bar closed sometime around May.

TBH I had never heard of a person named Kik.

Just repeating what I’ve been told.

On 15/12/2018 at 19:13, Wolf Cat said:

The "old" Secrets bar next to Bird Cage and Full Moon has changed owners, now called Pinkies (or something like that).

Exact same furniture/layout from the previous owner (Pai).  I went in last night around 10 pm, average to below average line up of girls but the owner said many of her other girls were already BF'd for the night, asked me to come back soon to see her other girls.  She's an ex KIK, Pancha BG and said she saved her money to open a bar.   

I went in here last night for the first time. Got to say it's a nice set up and some good looking girls there.

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 19:13, Wolf Cat said:

The "old" Secrets bar next to Bird Cage and Full Moon has changed owners, now called Pinkies (or something like that).

Exact same furniture/layout from the previous owner (Pai).  I went in last night around 10 pm, average to below average line up of girls but the owner said many of her other girls were already BF'd for the night, asked me to come back soon to see her other girls.  She's an ex KIK, Pancha BG and said she saved her money to open a bar.   

Pinky Bar indeed still looks the same as its predecessors Secrets and Happy Moon.

One ladyboy.

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:06, Wolf Cat said:

A new DS bar just opened up 3-4 days ago; "BB Bar" right next to the Bat Cave, it's a small little hole in the wall type bar, small Leo 65 baht, music played by the owner's telephone and average looking DS older bar ladies.  OK for a drink, not for cuties or stunners.   

Had a look at BB Bar on Soi Khao Talo.

A small pool table inside, a bigger one outside.

The YouTube music is played from a notebook, but that’s a detail.

No ST rooms.

Some females don’t go with customers.

Heineken 70 baht, LD (gin tonic) 120 baht.

It looks as if at BB Bar barfining is discouraged (ST BF 400 baht, no ST rooms).

Several oldies, several fatties, several unavailable ones.

Beers 70-80 baht, LDs 100-120 baht.

Not a place for mongers.

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 03:54, b0b said:

It looks as if at BB Bar barfining is discouraged (ST BF 400 baht, no ST rooms).

Several oldies, several fatties, several unavailable ones.

Beers 70-80 baht, LDs 100-120 baht.

Not a place for mongers.

Correction: beers 60-70 baht.

Hello

I come 2x 10 days in pattaya every year, usually stay around Walking Street / second road for gogobars (babydoll/windmill..) and massages. 
I would like to try the darkside, but seeing the map its quite large. Could you tell me a zone where i can focus for my favorite activities (thai ladies) + how to get there (i don't have a tranportation, i usually walk or take a motorbike/tuktuk)

thanks a lot for advise an great work for the map

I think it's time to give up on my Darkside experiment and start heading back into town for a beer. I'd got tired of heading into Pattaya in the evening and decided to give my local bars a try. I'll admit my choice of bars has been very limited but there comes a point when you decide that the boredom just isn't worth it anymore.

This is based on the last couple of months and not just the past few days so Christmas doesn't really come into it, there's also 2-3 bars down near the Black Sheep we've tried that are opposite the very small market thing but names escape me, but after 1 visit to them we won't be rushing back to them any time soon.

Bell Bar = Decent pool table but that's about it, there seems to be a clique of regular customers and any girls stick to them.

Pinkys =  10 days ago I wrote about this place after going in there after a report on this thread and it was pretty good. I've been in a couple of times since then and it's gone downhill rapidly. Last night was awful, terrible music ( country + western ? Dear God ! ), bad sound system and no girls, we were served by a quite butch ladyboy, check bin.

Bird Cage = Plenty of girls there but looking around it seemed that they were being taken by non ladydrink buying customers, then last night an old drunken farang started dancing and picking up his girl piggy back fasion and carrying her around the bar it was time to get out, check bin.

Step Up Bar = Christmas day, as usual the thai bloke is in charge of the music, what songs is he playing ? Fooking rock around the clock and an Elvis medley. Drunk English bloke being encouraged to take his shirt off and dancing like a drunk ? That's enough for me ! Plus the owners kids running around the bar ? 400bt barfine is crazy too for a place like this. Check bin.

Lek Bar = Used to be half decent here with a few farm fresh in there from time to time, not any more. Some older women and a couple of porkers. Check bin.

Swiss Bar = Just have to say that this must surely be the most boring bar ever, I can see no plan there whatsoever, a couple of girls there with zero personality that serve and that's the highlight of the place. Check bin.

The Hideout = Potentially it could be good here but it always seems like the girls are friends of the boss and are more interested in talking to her than actually talking to customers, I don't think I'll bother going in there again as it's so boring, very good pool table there though. Check bin.

Booze Lounge = So hit and miss here, I've barfined a girl out of here so now I'm classed as untouchable by the other girls even if mine is unavailable. I won't knock it on the head completely though and may use it as my last port of call on my way home from town.

Back to the Brightside now for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Hallmark said:

I think it's time to give up on my Darkside experiment and start heading back into town for a beer. I'd got tired of heading into Pattaya in the evening and decided to give my local bars a try. I'll admit my choice of bars has been very limited but there comes a point when you decide that the boredom just isn't worth it anymore.

This is based on the last couple of months and not just the past few days so Christmas doesn't really come into it, there's also 2-3 bars down near the Black Sheep we've tried that are opposite the very small market thing but names escape me, but after 1 visit to them we won't be rushing back to them any time soon.

Bell Bar = Decent pool table but that's about it, there seems to be a clique of regular customers and any girls stick to them.

Pinkys =  10 days ago I wrote about this place after going in there after a report on this thread and it was pretty good. I've been in a couple of times since then and it's gone downhill rapidly. Last night was awful, terrible music ( country + western ? Dear God ! ), bad sound system and no girls, we were served by a quite butch ladyboy, check bin.

Bird Cage = Plenty of girls there but looking around it seemed that they were being taken by non ladydrink buying customers, then last night an old drunken farang started dancing and picking up his girl piggy back fasion and carrying her around the bar it was time to get out, check bin.

Step Up Bar = Christmas day, as usual the thai bloke is in charge of the music, what songs is he playing ? Fooking rock around the clock and an Elvis medley. Drunk English bloke being encouraged to take his shirt off and dancing like a drunk ? That's enough for me ! Plus the owners kids running around the bar ? 400bt barfine is crazy too for a place like this. Check bin.

Lek Bar = Used to be half decent here with a few farm fresh in there from time to time, not any more. Some older women and a couple of porkers. Check bin.

Swiss Bar = Just have to say that this must surely be the most boring bar ever, I can see no plan there whatsoever, a couple of girls there with zero personality that serve and that's the highlight of the place. Check bin.

The Hideout = Potentially it could be good here but it always seems like the girls are friends of the boss and are more interested in talking to her than actually talking to customers, I don't think I'll bother going in there again as it's so boring, very good pool table there though. Check bin.

Booze Lounge = So hit and miss here, I've barfined a girl out of here so now I'm classed as untouchable by the other girls even if mine is unavailable. I won't knock it on the head completely though and may use it as my last port of call on my way home from town.

Back to the Brightside now for me.

IME The Hideout on Soi Khao Talo, next to Koy Bar, is not even a girlie bar, but a plain stupid Thai kind of place run by a number of Thai couples.

2 hours ago, Houten Kop said:

IME The Hideout on Soi Khao Talo, next to Koy Bar, is not even a girlie bar, but a plain stupid Thai kind of place run by a number of Thai couples.

I agree with that and like I said it is potentially a good bar but very badly run, add Koy Bar onto that as well because that's being run for her and her gay brother and her friends. Without a doubt for me The Booze Lounge is the only place I've been that seems to cater for farangs and not the girls and their friends. Care to guess who is in charge there ?

The Hideout and Koy Bar seem to be into sharing, there's been a couple of party's in the past month where they will share the stage and Koy and her extremely gay brother will hog the stage and the karaoke and serenade the 1 or 2 balloon chasers with delightful thai songs. Cat's being tortured must be a similar type of noise.

18 hours ago, Hallmark said:

I agree with that and like I said it is potentially a good bar but very badly run, add Koy Bar onto that as well because that's being run for her and her gay brother and her friends. Without a doubt for me The Booze Lounge is the only place I've been that seems to cater for farangs and not the girls and their friends. Care to guess who is in charge there ?

The Hideout and Koy Bar seem to be into sharing, there's been a couple of party's in the past month where they will share the stage and Koy and her extremely gay brother will hog the stage and the karaoke and serenade the 1 or 2 balloon chasers with delightful thai songs. Cat's being tortured must be a similar type of noise.

The Booze Lounge and Koy Bar are the only places on lower Soi Khao Talo with ST rooms and the only places where you risk to get laid.

At The Booze Lounge chances are you get a knock on the door after less than an hour (other customer waiting or, usually, not) and at Koy Bar the rooms upstairs are more than basic.

The Hideout I’ve visited only once, shortly after it opened.

It was started by three young Thai couples who apparently had not the slightest idea of running a bar.

Pacha has some birds that look slightly better than your average Dark Side female, be it with prices to match: Heineken 95 baht, LD 150 baht.

ST BF 400 baht, room included.

The damsels want 2,000 baht ST.

That being said, they are more than happy with a 20-baht note in their bra or pants.

On 23/12/2018 at 17:10, b0b said:

' - - - told me that Kik Bar, also on Soi Khao Talo Soi 9, has closed because the owner Kik now is “working” in Korea.

Doesn't ring true to me as the ownership was farang. 

10 hours ago, b0b said:

The damsels want 2,000 baht ST.

Guys with 150THB for a LD and 2,000 for ST - you would be bloody crazy to patronize Al Pacha. Do us all a favour and give it a miss until they introduce some competitive pricing. I refuse to support greedy shits. There are much better options just down the Soi.  Support responsible business practices - avoid Al Pacha!!  

4 hours ago, Jarrod2518 said:

Guys with 150THB for a LD and 2,000 for ST - you would be bloody crazy to patronize Al Pacha. Do us all a favour and give it a miss until they introduce some competitive pricing. I refuse to support greedy shits. There are much better options just down the Soi.  Support responsible business practices - avoid Al Pacha!!  

Many months ago I went in Pacha and after lackluster service and the highest beer prices on the DS,  I paid my bin and when they didn't hand over the 5 baht change, I asked "Where's my change?", The cashier had a hissy fit calling me a cheap charlie, I haven't been back since.   

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 09:41, Jarrod2518 said:

Doesn't ring true to me as the ownership was farang. 

Read my complete post: “... I always thought smoke-ridden Kik Bar was Belgian owned.”