IGNORED

Up to Date Map and Reviews of Darkside Bars

forcebwithu

Todays review: Retox Outback

I know that the Retox Bars on Pattaya side get reviewed regularly so I thought I would visit the Darkside cousin, Retox Outback. Located on Soi Siam Country Club at the bottom just before the overpass and the Lake. Since the roadwork, this road is a pleasure to travel on, wide and smooth unlike Nernploebwan, Khao Noi & Khao Talao. I was greeted by the Old Sea Salt @Captain Dave who made me very welcome. The Bar mostly is like an open air beer bar with plenty of seating, a separate pool table area and an enclosed air conditioned eating area. Spotlessly clean with well serviced toilet facilities.

Wait and bar staff wear the Retox T Shirt and were neat, attentive, happy and well groomed. I was lucky enough to be served by a cute girl named Joy who has a smile like a slice out a watermelon and made sure that I was never without a beer. I had a small Leo which was 70bht, most imported beers were 80bht. There are six draft beverages on tap including Guinness and Speckled Hen and a standard Retox drink and food menu. Their menu is slightly more expensive than some on the Darkside but well within expectations considering they are part of a franchise. The blackboard special was mince and onion pie with mash and peas 199bht. I went for the chicken pasta carbonara also 199bht which came with 3 slices of toasted garlic bread. It was excellent with chunks of chicken and bacon in a creamy sauce. My mistake was sitting in front of a fan to eat so it cooled off quickly, my bad there. All the fans are pointing out toward the street which is good.

I arrived at about 5 pm and there were 15 customers in the bar which quickly swelled to 60 plus in the next hour. There were many families and couples who came to eat. Test cricket, Union, Premier League and AFL were all being shown, so something for everyone.

Retox Outback is open from 7am until midnight and does breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dave said that even in low season they have not been affected too much because they rely mostly on expats and locals as well as a strong golfing fraternity. He reminded me of an old style landlord or publican who drifted from table to table to chat with the regulars or welcome new customers. I was most impressed and would recommend and return.

Location map can be found on page 1 of this thread.

Joy with the beautiful smile and the list of draft beers.

Outback 6.jpgOutback 5.jpgOutback 4.jpgOutback 3.jpgOutback 2.jpgOutback 1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.png

a smile like a slice out a watermelon

Great description! Thanks for the well written review. Retox has really improved upon what was once the Outback Golf Bar.

On 25/08/2019 at 10:25, Jebb said:

Todays review: Retox Outback

I know that the Retox Bars on Pattaya side get reviewed regularly so I thought I would visit the Darkside cousin, Retox Outback. Located on Soi Siam Country Club at the bottom just before the overpass and the Lake. Since the roadwork, this road is a pleasure to travel on, wide and smooth unlike Nernploebwan, Khao Noi & Khao Talao. I was greeted by the Old Sea Salt @Captain Dave who made me very welcome. The Bar mostly is like an open air beer bar with plenty of seating, a separate pool table area and an enclosed air conditioned eating area. Spotlessly clean with well serviced toilet facilities.

Wait and bar staff wear the Retox T Shirt and were neat, attentive, happy and well groomed. I was lucky enough to be served by a cute girl named Joy who has a smile like a slice out a watermelon and made sure that I was never without a beer. I had a small Leo which was 70bht, most imported beers were 80bht. There are six draft beverages on tap including Guinness and Speckled Hen and a standard Retox drink and food menu. Their menu is slightly more expensive than some on the Darkside but well within expectations considering they are part of a franchise. The blackboard special was mince and onion pie with mash and peas 199bht. I went for the chicken pasta carbonara also 199bht which came with 3 slices of toasted garlic bread. It was excellent with chunks of chicken and bacon in a creamy sauce. My mistake was sitting in front of a fan to eat so it cooled off quickly, my bad there. All the fans are pointing out toward the street which is good.

I arrived at about 5 pm and there were 15 customers in the bar which quickly swelled to 60 plus in the next hour. There were many families and couples who came to eat. Test cricket, Union, Premier League and AFL were all being shown, so something for everyone.

Retox Outback is open from 7am until midnight and does breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dave said that even in low season they have not been affected too much because they rely mostly on expats and locals as well as a strong golfing fraternity. He reminded me of an old style landlord or publican who drifted from table to table to chat with the regulars or welcome new customers. I was most impressed and would recommend and return.

Location map can be found on page 1 of this thread.

Joy with the beautiful smile and the list of draft beers.

Outback 6.jpgOutback 1.jpg

Imported beers at 80 baht?

Heineken and the like are locally brewed.

Well, overseas brands made under licence, as opposed to Leo, Chang and Singha etc. I stand corrected. 555

image.png

55 minutes ago, Jebb said:

Well, overseas brands made under licence, as opposed to Leo, Chang and Singha etc. I stand corrected. 555

It's a fair point though. When it first opened, Retox Outback had several European lagers/beers on tap. Paulaner, Peroni and, if I remember correctly, Asahi. All gone. It was often the deciding factor, for me, whether to eat there or elsewhere on the Darkside as I don't know of anywhere that serves a decent European draught beer on the Darkside.

The loss of those draught beers has made my visits there far less frequent.

I would not bother before 3pm. Possibly Black Sheep, Noi T and Pasha in Soi Khao Noi. Booze Lounge in Khao Talao but no naughty stuff in bar area there.

image.png

Have been in Aqua Deymie , Birdcage & bar next door to birdcage recently. Aqua a shadow of its former self even with all the bar renovations. Was only about 5 girls working last time in there. Birdcage gets a lot of costumers so pickings can sometime be slim. The bar next door, sorry can't remember name had a couple of good looking girls in there. One named Tikky very impressive. Any other suggestions much appreciated.

Last week, went to the Den Swiss House on Soi Khao Noi about 250 metres past the Chilled Shopping Centre opposite side.

Iswiss1.jpg

It is a very nice place with and outdoors area at front and an enclosed eating area inside. My partner went for Hash Browns with eggs 180bht and got a huge hash brown more like a giant pancake with 2 eggs on top. Plain stodgy food but there was plenty of it and it looked good. I chose Chicken Breast 250bht with mushroom sauce, noodles and veg. The breast was tender and perfectly cooked. The sauce as good as any I have had anywhere, the noodles and veg complemented it perfectly. (I had already eaten some when the pic was taken)

swiss2.jpgswiss3.jpg

Both came with a side salad that was swimming in mayonnaise. It was nice as long as you like mayonnaise. A nice touch was that the chef walked out with the waitress who carried our meals and introduced  himself. A walk past the kitchen showed that it was clean and tidy. We opted for soft drinks but the alcoholic drinks list was quite reasonable.

swiss4.jpgswiss5.jpgswiss6.jpg

All in all a nice clean place with a Western/Thai menu with the accent on German/Swiss cuisine offering bratwursts etc. Very nice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.png

On 10/09/2019 at 15:50, Jebb said:

Last week, went to the Den Swiss House on Soi Khao Noi about 250 metres past the Chilled Shopping Centre opposite side.

Iswiss1.jpg

It is a very nice place with and outdoors area at front and an enclosed eating area inside. My partner went for Hash Browns with eggs 180bht and got a huge hash brown more like a giant pancake with 2 eggs on top. Plain stodgy food but there was plenty of it and it looked good. I chose Chicken Breast 250bht with mushroom sauce, noodles and veg. The breast was tender and perfectly cooked. The sauce as good as any I have had anywhere, the noodles and veg complemented it perfectly. (I had already eaten some when the pic was taken)

Both came with a side salad that was swimming in mayonnaise. It was nice as long as you like mayonnaise. A nice Touch was that the chef walked out with the waitress who carried our meals and introduced  himself. A walk past the kitchen showed that it was clean and tidy. We opted for soft drinks but the alcoholic drinks list was quite reasonable.

All in all a nice clean place with a Western/Thai menu with the accent on German/Swiss cuisine offering bratwursts etc. Very nice.

at Den Swiss house you have salad and soupe buffet included in the evening in the main courses.

2 hours ago, bkkjunkie said:

at Den Swiss house you have salad and soupe buffet included in the evening in the main courses.

Yes, forgot that thanks.

image.png

On 10/09/2019 at 20:02, Jebb said:

PS. All these bars can be found on the map on page one of this thread.

So great review ! thank you so much !!!

Edited by deano4598
How it should be

Great report Jebb and I won't tell sister

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

90 Days with a Thai Girl in Oz

"Whose leg do you have to hump to get a dry martini around here?"

It matters not how strait the gate,How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. William Ernest Henley

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Thanks @Jebb for taking the time to write some very good reviews. To save BM's from having to search prior pages for the map, including in this post.

List of Darkside bars currently included on the map:

• Thanks 2

@gaplem Mate I edited your post to remove the long quote, please don't do this as it maked threads hard to read for guys on mobile devices, just quote what you are referring to or tag the poster.

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

On 23/08/2019 at 04:39, Jebb said:

Thanks I will try it.

Cullen Skink back on at Tropical. Better than ever. Dip your bread in while stocks last.

On 10/09/2019 at 18:20, Jebb said:

Yes, forgot that thanks.

Hi pal

Can you tell me if there are any daytime 3pm to evening (Gents Club type ) places on the Darkside please ?

30 minutes ago, Daz Manc said:

Hi pal

Can you tell me if there are any daytime 3pm to evening (Gents Club type ) places on the Darkside please ?

Majority of bars on the darkside are open at 3pm. Paradise bar is an anything goes bar.

Yes, Paradise, Noy T, Black Sheep, Pasha, Birdcage and the bars either side.

image.png

On 10/09/2019 at 15:50, Jebb said:

Iswiss1.jpg

Both came with a side salad that was swimming in mayonnaise. It was nice as long as you like mayonnaise. A nice Touch was that the chef walked out with the waitress who carried our meals and introduced  himself. A walk past the kitchen showed that it was clean and tidy. We opted for soft drinks but the alcoholic drinks list was quite reasonable.

Den Swiss House on Soi Khao Noi has potential and is not too expensive, but I hate their dirty dog roaming the restaurant and the kitchen.

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 19:38, Daz Manc said:

Hi pal

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 20:10, petemoss said:

Majority of bars on the darkside are open at 3pm. Paradise bar is an anything goes bar.

By far most bars on the Dark Side open later than 3 p.m., rather 4 or 5 p.m.

On Soi Khao Talo Hideout has reopened, but it still looks the same formula.

BEWARE: The skinny girl sitting in front of Koy Bar on Soi Khao Talo is the impotent Swiss owner’s wife and therefore not available.

At Aqua-Deymie off Soi Nern Plab Wahn a 26-year-old slim girl (45 kg, 165 cm, AAA cup) with short black hair (Thai-schoolgirl style) has started: Iew or Eaw (อี๋ว) from Nakhon Sawan.

A real difference from the old hags there.

I had the honour to be her first customer on her very first day.

Unnecessary to say her English was very limited.

This sweetheart told me she was a “single mom” (her words) with a 1-year-old son.

She was very wet, no lube needed.

Bareback OK if I declared myself disease free, no anal.

Heineken 69 baht (happy hour), LD 119, BF (on-site room included) 300 baht, fee 1,000 baht.