IGNORED

VT6 - New Building Walking Street Side

socrates

Does anyone know how many storeys/levels this new building will be?

I normally book a 22nd storey room of VT6, WS side.  

Will that be an issue next year, assuming they finish it?

On the trail of the pink pussy
Don't sweat the petty things. Just pet the sweaty things!

TRs
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Pattaya        http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Cambodia     http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Bangkok       http://www.bangkok-a...uldoon-will-go/

it will not be finished by next year.

cannot remember how tall exactly but phase 1 is 2 buildings 1 of 28 floors the other about 15.

something like that

Edited by striderman

Phase one is 15 floor building at front and 28 behind. I think due to be completed 2017????

Phase 2 is a further hotel right at the back on 2nd road and some sort of shopping/restaurants place right at the front.

image.jpg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

From what i've posted on page 8 :

Some news about the Kasemkij project :

The new project will be built in 2 phases on the empty lot next to VT6 and will be the biggest Kasemkij project to date. 

First phase will include the building of Kantary Hotel (28 storeys, 250 rooms) and Cape Hotel (15 storeys, 70 rooms). The project includes the 'most luxury beach club in Pattaya' (quoting Kasemkij CEO) with restaurants and shops next to the beach (to be located on the empty green part of the lot in front of 15 stories building on the picture below). The project also includes a convention center (supposedly located in the Kantary building). This project will open around end of 2016 or the beginning of 2017.

Second phase - and that"s quite a surprise as it has never been mentioned anywhere before - consists in a third hotel under Kasemkij's third brand : Kameo Hotel (supposedly being 120 or 150 rooms) to be build also on the empty lot. We can easily imagine that its location will be in the empty green area between Kantary building and Second Road on the picture below).

Total investment cost is 3.5 billions baths, with a opening planned for early 2019.

post-23154-0-79014200-1438204625.jpg

First pictures of Kantary Hotel executive lounge and restaurant have been also unveiled a few days ago :

post-23154-0-50188300-1438204640.jpg

post-23154-0-26075000-1438204651.jpg

post-23154-0-58597300-1438204657.jpg

post-23154-0-24627600-1438204664.jpg

Edited by Puttuyu

image.jpg

Picture from this morning. Looks like they're almost finished with the back building and are starting on the front building close to beach road

Thanks for the pics kash buc :)

So they took much time to cut some trees one by one carefully and then plant some others on the empty lot, and finally turned everything to dust.

Makes sense !

I haven't read the last 15 pages of this topic, so maybe somebody else has mentioned this.

But, if I owned that land, I would just level it and let it sit there.

Yes, it was discussed earlier.   :Think1: It's already been sitting there forever - it was the last piece of wild undeveloped Pattaya beachfront.

Apparently (see above) the land was owned by two families from way way back, and only recently both agreed to sell it to Kantary for the current project.

I guess now the only unbuilt beachfront property is the empty clear land between Tropicana and Hard Rock, which will probably not be developed because it's where they put up stages for the Music Festival and various other festivals/concerts throughout the year (and otherwise as overflow parking).   :Dunno:

Edited by Sick Water Buffalo

Over the past several days I have noticed the reduction of construction activity hence the noise levels has also reduced. I assume this is largely due to the overnight torrential rain which has turned the lot into a muddy paddock.

There does appear to be a lot of welding being but little else happening.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hardly hear any noise from the construction site when passing to BR and speaking to a couple of business owner in VT 6 they but said noise level was way below what they initially feared.
Can't tell if it is an requirement or a construction company decision but the tall trees are still standing and the smaller ones moved aside (for future use ?)

IMG_1610.JPG

When i have been at the pool, the noise lvl have been a bit high.

But its not a constant noise lvl, think its only when they empty these auger things, and they where working right next to the pool.

Im on the Hilton side, have not heard a single noise from the site over here.

No eternal rewards will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

Over the past several days I have noticed the reduction of construction activity hence the noise levels has also reduced. I assume this is largely due to the overnight torrential rain which has turned the lot into a muddy paddock.

wed 16th and major storm out there right now.

gonna be wet underfoot there tomorrow alright

image.jpg

Still working thru the rain

Looks like they will be finished soon with the palings for the front building

Waiting for the next phase of the construction. Which I guess will be the foundation. Hope it's not to noisy. Got another two weeks here

Sorry Kash,turned you pic a bit...better for the old neck

post-35292-0-00277300-1442473024.jpg

On the Hilton side, facing Naklua, their is ZERO noise.

If you hear anything, it will be from a nearby room undergoing renovation.

Yes that is true, however as soon as you step out on the balcony you can enjoy the noise of the aircon units from Central. And that one is there all the time. I rented once at that side (23. floor) and will not do it again as I like to sit on the balcony and relax or have a chat with a Girl before/after the deed and enjoy some cood beverage with her. I rent a south side Condo for December. I am aware its a gamble but I just hope for the best.

I don't know construction stages however in early June I 'accidentally' ended up at hotel Selection that's between soi 5 and 6 facing beach road for 2 days where there is construction going on out front along beach road. I don't know what stage the construction was however it was far more along than this new building next to VT6 as they were pouring concrete on metal frames on the ground level. They had a crane and the worse pile driving noise from 8am onward, I was so glad I only had to stay there 2 days.

2u1pumg.jpg

If that is anything to go by, I think VT6 south side is in some for unpleasant times ahead.

wed 16th and major storm out there right now.

gonna be wet underfoot there tomorrow alright

today........

sept 17 026 (Custom).JPG

it was a bit damp

sept 17 027 (Custom).JPG

sept 17 029 (Custom).JPG

But its not a constant noise lvl, think its only when they empty these auger things, and they where working right next to the pool.

the small bit on the end is a drill bit and when it is brought to the surface and to one side they rotate it left and right to shake the spoil loose and it makes a hell of a din

sept 17 028 (Custom).JPG

the small bit on the end is a drill bit and when it is brought to the surface and to one side they rotate it left and right to shake the spoil loose and it makes a hell of a din

It sure does. I actually think thats what i can hear just now, as im sitting on the balcony enjoying a coffe.

Hard to tell, as i can not see what they are doing. The fans from central is also louder, so no worries there.

Can still not hear a thing in the room

No eternal rewards will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

I just turn off my hearing aids, and nothing bothers me, lol!

miss the VT6!!!

wah, stuck in america, and hating it.

New pictures of Kantary building (Lounge and Restaurant) to be built by Kasemkij company next to VT6 :

10997518_1459607634352285_71422884102992

10998863_1459607657685616_28503706956140

10397140_1459607651018950_46016178258107

They have been unveiled by Aran company, which will be in charge of decorating the buildings, to show some samples of colors & materials that will be used there. Aran already took care of most Kasemkij hotels so far.

Also this plan of Kantary building ground floor can be seen on one of the above pictures :

Capture d’écran 2015 09 23 à 15.31.37

(click to enlarge)