Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

VT6 - New Building Walking Street Side

socrates

Thanks, Strider. I appreciated all the pictures you posted as the construction started. You have been our early warning system!

I will be on 21st floor, WS of VT6 in October and November. This time I will be in Second Road wing of VT6, so I am hoping the construction will be more entertainment than nuisance. As I've mentioned in another posts, the only 7 AM pile driving happening should be in my loom.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

Thanks, Strider. I appreciated all the pictures you posted as the construction started. You have been our early warning system!

I will be on 21st floor, WS of VT6 in October and November. This time I will be in Second Road wing of VT6, so I am hoping the construction will be more entertainment than nuisance. As I've mentioned in another posts, the only 7 AM pile driving happening should be in my loom.

no worries, i go past the site most days. i have an "asset" who has a room on that side on floor 11 but with double glazing fitted and his biggest moan so far is the workers staying on site getting their music going early in the morning.

Edge, They are not going to be condos, from what I have learned.   Hotels  15 floor closer to beach road, and in the center of the lot another hotel only this one serviced apartments,  and later in phase 2 another hotel closer to 2nd road.   Beachroadlover

The Phase 2 Kantary says hotel and serviced apartments and is in line with about halff of VT6 but a floor higher.

That surely means that the view from most of the North facing rooms Kantary rooms is predominantly VT6.....and vice versa ?

I know nobody cares much here of course, but it looks as though Phase 2 is going to hurt VT6 more ?

106.jpg 

The Phase 2 Kantary says hotel and serviced apartments and is in line with about halff of VT6 but a floor higher.

That surely means that the view from most of the North facing rooms Kantary rooms is predominantly VT6.....and vice versa ?

I know nobody cares much here of course, but it looks as though Phase 2 is going to hurt VT6 more ?

<image>

This pic is part of a set of photos I posted last year, but I can't find them again...??

So I repost them, with the last one showing all buildings :)

104.jpg

105.jpg

108.jpg

attachicon.gif106.jpg

Not sure to understand exactly what you mean but Phase 1 is supposed to be Kantary and Kape buildings and Phase 2 is supposed to be Kameo building (supposedly located on Second Road side of the lot as i wrote a few days ago).

First phase to be done early 2017 and Second Phase to be done in 2019.

At least 4 years of construction!

It's really going to be fun in VT6 - not that the area is particularly quiet anyway.

Still sticking with my December booking though am wondering whether to try a building that I may actually be able to afford to buy (or rent long-term) a unit in at some point, just so I can start to find out what different ones are like.

VT6 would be way out of my price range.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

At least 4 years of construction!
It's really going to be fun in VT6 - not that the area is particularly quiet anyway.

Well if everything happens as planned so far (!), would be more like 3 years 1/2 tops rather than at least 4 years ;) Just cross your fingers that they don't go through the same mess as at The Waterfront project next to Bali Hai Pier.

Some news about the Kasemkij project :

The new project will be built in 2 phases on the empty lot next to VT6 and will be the biggest Kasemkij project to date. 

First phase will include the building of Kantary Hotel (28 storeys, 250 rooms) and Cape Hotel (15 storeys, 70 rooms). The project includes the 'most luxury beach club in Pattaya' (quoting Kasemkij CEO) with restaurants and shops next to the beach (to be located on the empty green part of the lot in front of 15 stories building on the picture below). The project also includes a convention center (supposedly located in the Kantary building). This project will open around end of 2016 or the beginning of 2017.

Second phase - and that"s quite a surprise as it has never been mentioned anywhere before - consists in a third hotel under Kasemkij's third brand : Kameo Hotel (supposedly being 120 or 150 rooms) to be build also on the empty lot. We can easily imagine that its location will be in the empty green area between Kantary building and Second Road on the picture below).

Total investment cost is 3.5 billions baths, with a opening planned for early 2019.

attachicon.gif108.jpg

First pictures of Kantary Hotel executive lounge and restaurant have been also unveiled a few days ago :

attachicon.gifKantary-Pattaya-Executive-Lounge-01.jpg

attachicon.gifKantary-Pattaya-Executive-Lounge.jpg

attachicon.gifKantary-Pattaya-Restaurant-01.jpg

attachicon.gifKantary-Pattaya-Restaurant.jpg

let us know choice 2 and we will  check it out for construction  !!

cheers for all your pics..I'm staying at d xpress .off Soi bukeow. Wish all you guys staying here the best of luck

Hell yeah, as a frequent VT6 visitor, I care! And I agree, the 28 story building will hurt more. Equally high and very close.

This pic is part of a set of photos I posted last year, but I can't find them again...??

It was post #39, and to me it was the picture worth 1000 words. Thanks!

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

i would have taken some pics today but most of the machinery has moved away from beach rd and from there it's quite well masked by trees.

i pass the baton to those who have the high ground.

my english asset on the 11 floor would probably not have noticed any noise friday morning as he drank 21 beers watching the aussies suffer yesterday

I care very much--  for many years  VT6 was my no brainer in Pattaya

Started at VT2 - but there was no comparison

Location Location Location

I am just hoping that on the high floors- south side-  they will look over the 15 story building- so you can see the water

and be able to see the beach in the space between the 15 and 28 story

TO QUOTE THE GREAT GEORGE BURNS

SEX AT MY AGE IS LIKE TRYING TO SHOOT POOL WITH A ROPE

IF YOU LIVE TO BE 100- YOU'VE GOT IT MADE. VERY FEW PEOPLE DIE PAST THAT AGE

Sorry, didn't realise you had Copyright on them?

I could have re-posted all of them again but I thought it would be a waste of cyberspace. :WinkGrin1:  

My point was only about the most dramatic effect being from Phase 2 (noise & view) and also that both the Kandary and the rear part of VT6 are left staring at each other. I thought the drawing I posted illustrated that sufficiently.

I believe on 'your' drawing the name Kandary is used as project name whereas Puttuyu is updating the name of the Phase 2 building as being called Kameo.

The company which owns the brands is Kasemkij, as i was mentioning first on page 1.

http://www.kasemkij.com

kjcompanyeng.jpg

They are developing hotels and serviced apartments under 3 brands : Kantary, Cape and Kameo.

Each of them will have their own building on the land : Cape and Kantary being built on phase 1, and Kameo on phase 2.

On his drawing, Oukiva only mentioned Cape (15 floors) and Kantary (28 floors) buildings because at that time, one year ago, we were only aware of phase 1 of the project.

We still don't know for sure where Kasemkij plans to build Kameo building on the land, but we can imagine that it will be on the green land next to Second Road which would make sense as Kameo is supposed to be the cheapest brand at Kasemkij company.

Edited by Puttuyu

Sorry, didn't realise you had Copyright on them?

They probably have :wink:, as any photo taken by anyone, but it was not my point:

These pics were in post #28 but (for some reason?) do not appear in it anymore.

I think anyway they are good illustration for new readers on what will happen here.

:)

Thanks Jnl but can you also tell us if you are in Pool wing or Second Road wing in VT6, which changes a lot regarding noise in the next months and view a bit later ?

Im very close to the middel.

How it looks today

image.jpgimage.jpg

• Like 2

No eternal rewards will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

Hopefully this will bring the concept of competition in the picture when the price of a hotel room may be coming down in the area.

Hopefully this will bring the concept of competition in the picture when the price of a hotel room may be coming down in the area.

Check the price of the other hotels the group runs.

They vary from expensive to eye-wateringly expensive!

I don't think the ones being built next to VT6 are going to be regular choices for most mongers on here :-)

Check the price of the other hotels the group runs.

They vary from expensive to eye-wateringly expensive!

I don't think the ones being built next to VT6 are going to be regular choices for most mongers on here :-)

I don't think any of the major investment is aimed at sex tourists is it?

I don't think any of the major investment is aimed at sex tourists is it?

I didn't suggest it was, or should be!

I was simply pointing out that this particular hotel chain is unlikely to offer lower-priced room options or help to drive down prices.

How much noise is there right now during the mornings south side peeps? Looking at booking a room in 2 weeks...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Im very close to the middel.

How it looks today

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thanks for the pics Jnl, we can say you are indeed right in the middle of the action ;)

Guess you will be able to keep us updated about noise and inconvenience depending on how long you stay.

Great pictures, Jnl. They really tell the story, but I don't see the Happy Ending on this one. If a Kameo project is indeed slated for the southeast corner of the plot, it will become pretty darn crowded there. Made in Thailand bar beer complex looks like one of the few winners here.

..................................... Made In Thailand bar beer complex looks like one of the few winners here.

You mean you think they'll be developing that site next?   :Think1: