Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

VT6 - New Building Walking Street Side

socrates

Direct from the on site project manager 3 August 2015.  Question was asked..  What method will you use for the foundation of the building.  Answer...  Will use the new German method of drilling the hole with the Auger and filling it with  concrete.   Question..   So there will be no pile driving.  Answer...   correct   there will be no pile driving.   As most of you know most of the noise comes from driving the piles for the foundation.  If this information is correct it is very good news for people who are staying on the South Side of View Talay 6.

that type of system was used at the nearby site in front of sea me hotel soi 10

march 31 033 (Custom).JPG

april 3 008 (Custom).JPG

april 3 009 (Custom).JPG

Direct from the on site project manager 3 August 2015.  Question was asked..  What method will you use for the foundation of the building.  Answer...  Will use the new German method of drilling the hole with the Auger and filling it with  concrete.   Question..   So there will be no pile driving.  Answer...   correct   there will be no pile driving.   As most of you know most of the noise comes from driving the piles for the foundation.  If this information is correct it is very good news for people who are staying on the South Side of View Talay 6.

Thank you, DW. That is very helpful.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

Augers auger well for the legion VT6 mongers. :GoldenSmile1:post-84480-0-48932500-1438654421.jpg

Edited by Davie Duke

earlier today

aug 4 002 (Custom).JPG

aug 4 003 (Custom).JPG

looks like an auger has rolled up.

• Like 2

Thank you striderman for the daily updates and photographs also dancewatcher for the update regarding use of auger, had been getting concerned about forthcoming November trip being during weeks of solid pile-driving.

I'll be staying at VT6 in March so I really appreciate the updates on this thread!

Thank you striderman for the daily updates and photographs also dancewatcher for the update regarding use of auger, had been getting concerned about forthcoming November trip being during weeks of solid pile-driving.

the auger from what i have seen involves a hollow pipe mostly or all concrete i dunno, forced into the ground at the same time a big screw thing removes earth.

there is a bit of thumping to force it in but nothing like the noise the hammering it takes to knock in a solid concrete pile.

after i guess the hollow bit is filled in with concrete.

construction BM's on here will know a lot more than me about the process

more kit.........

aug 5 040 (Custom).JPG

aug 5 041 (Custom).JPG

aug 5 042 (Custom).JPG

aug 5 043 (Custom).JPG

another auger unit hidden in the trees

That second auger has just been set up.

Not really much noise atm. Sitting on the balcony as im typing this.

Worst noise i heard where between 08 and 09 in the morning. There could have been other annoying noises during the day that im missing. Not really bothering me to much yet. But have to chose hotel carefully if your bothered by noise, i can hear a few more construction sites around here and cars, loud speakers, boats etc.

No eternal rewards will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

That second auger has just been set up.

Not really much noise atm. Sitting on the balcony as im typing this.

Worst noise i heard where between 08 and 09 in the morning. There could have been other annoying noises during the day that im missing. Not really bothering me to much yet. But have to chose hotel carefully if your bothered by noise, i can hear a few more construction sites around here and cars, loud speakers, boats etc.

What floor and wing are you staying at ?

can't see that the noise would be much of an issue for me, seeing as how I am usually inside with the sliders shut and the AC on...  the fact they won't be pile driving is huge good news!!!

I just moved into VT6 day before yesterday. I booked a room on the Hilton side. I woke up at 9am yesterday to some very loud construction, one of the condos on the 21st floor was being renovated...it was really loud and sounded like it was directly above me. I booked through Honey and I went down and spoke with her about changing rooms. She showed me 6 different condos. The most quiet one, and the only one she had vacant that was not effected by the renovation noise, was on the Walking Street side. She went out of her way to help me find a quiet room, it was really nice of her. Honey told me there are over 1000 owners in VT6 and there are renovations happening pretty much constantly. Currently it is pretty quiet here on the WS side..for now. It is tough to find a quiet place to rest your head in this town!IMG_3286.JPGIMG_3288.JPG

• Like 3

nice shots.

from beach rd i can only guess what is happening back there, 2 lines of trees in the way.

from the front......

aug 6 008 (Custom).JPG

aug 6 009 (Custom).JPG

aug 6 010 (Custom).JPG

Edited by striderman

This being a VT6 thread, obviously there is concern for the effect on WS side owners' views being affected.

What of the views for the future owners of the new condo's etc ?

For some of them on the North side the prospect of gazing at VT6 (not exactly aesthetic itself) while those on WS side have to be how high to get a seaview ?

What floor and wing are you staying at ?

17 floor, ws side

This being a VT6 thread, obviously there is concern for the effect on WS side owners' views being affected.

What of the views for the future owners of the new condo's etc ?

For some of them on the North side the prospect of gazing at VT6 (not exactly aesthetic itself) while those on WS side have to be how high to get a seaview ?

Im on 17 floor and i can look over the roof off The Bayview. Im guessing you will have a decent view from 15 floor and above. Maybe someone staying lower can confirm it better. The closer to to the beach will be even lower for decent view, since there are lower buildings in front of The Bayview

No eternal rewards will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

...........Im on 17 floor and i can look over the roof off The Bayview. Im guessing you will have a decent view from 15 floor and above. Maybe someone staying lower can confirm it better. The closer to to the beach will be even lower for decent view, since there are lower buildings in front of The Bayview

From VT6, yes I've heard that, depending on what they build above the 15 planned floors, like water storage, solar panels and the rooftop disco' etc.

I was talking about the view the occupiers of the yet to be built condos facing VT6 in particular.

I suppose they will get less sympathy because at leat it's already there?

Um... DUH...  I was speaking of the photo's.  But thanks for your effort to be funny.

Cheers

The pictures are accurate. they look like my pictures I took from the hotel across the street.

Jack

Edited by axunjaxn

From VT6, yes I've heard that, depending on what they build above the 15 planned floors, like water storage, solar panels and the rooftop disco' etc.

I was talking about the view the occupiers of the yet to be built condos facing VT6 in particular.

I suppose they will get less sympathy because at leat it's already there?

I don't believe they are condos and I am pretty sure nobody at V.T. 6 cares about their view.

Jack

Edge, They are not going to be condos, from what I have learned.   Hotels  15 floor closer to beach road, and in the center of the lot another hotel only this one serviced apartments,  and later in phase 2 another hotel closer to 2nd road.   Beachroadlover

I just moved into VT6 day before yesterday. I booked a room on the hilton side. I woke up at 9am yesterday to some very loud construction, one of the condos on the 21st floor was being renovated...it was really loud and sounded like it was directly above me. I booked through Honey and I went down and spoke with her about changing rooms. She showed me 6 different condos. The most quiet one, and the only one she had vacant that was not effected by the renovation noise, was on the walking street side. She went out of her way to help me find a quiet room, it was really nice of her. Honey told me there are over 1000 owners in VT6 and there are renovations happening pretty much constantly. Currently it is pretty quiet here on the WS side..for now. It is tough to find a quiet place to rest your head in this town!attachicon.gifIMG_3286.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3288.JPG

Honey and Dancewatcher have been my friends for 10 years or more. They are both service oriented and honest. Nothing to worry about with either one. I would not consider using anyone else. Dancewatchers managed my condo rental unit for a few years and I never had 1 problem that was not solved quickly and efficiently. I have rented several units from Honey and of course my family and friends all loved her. If you ever meet her you will know what I mean.

Jack

17 floor, ws side

Im on 17 floor and i can look over the roof off The Bayview. Im guessing you will have a decent view from 15 floor and above. Maybe someone staying lower can confirm it better. The closer to to the beach will be even lower for decent view, since there are lower buildings in front of The Bayview

Thanks Jnl but can you also tell us if you are in Pool wing or Second Road wing in VT6, which changes a lot regarding noise in the next months and view a bit later ?

Great pictures, thank you. How does it look on the Second Road side? Is all the construction action near Beach Road?

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

Great pictures, thank you. How does it look on the Second Road side? Is all the construction action near Beach Road?

it is a Jungle of weeds/bushes etc from second rd. i've looked !