IGNORED

VT6 - New Building Walking Street Side

socrates

Don't want to gamble and destroy my holiday..cheers for the info

Don't want to gamble and destroy my holiday..cheers for the info

Can't say I blame you mate... I certainly would as well... There are plenty of places around, sans construction noise, which will meet your needs....  just takes a bit of looking.

Cheers,it's a lot to gamble..only get 4 weeks holidays per year..stayed last year at vt6.and loved it..looks like they are getting ready to bring in the big guns..pile driving for foundations..forget it..cheers Grazz

Cheers,it's a lot to gamble..only get 4 weeks holidays per year..stayed last year at vt6.and loved it..looks like they are getting ready to bring in the big guns..pile driving for foundations..forget it..cheers Grazz

let us know choice 2 and we will  check it out for construction  !!

Cheers..every where in pattaya there's soothing going on..lol...d apartments is one I stay at..same same..construction next door.was thinking of china garden or maybe boomerang guest house..any recommendations?

let us know choice 2 and we will  check it out for construction  !!

strider ur the man on site .

any guesthouse have sprung up in soi bukhao or lengkee or even the road opp lengkee.. some where peaceful without hassles?

strider ur the man on site .

any guesthouse have sprung up in soi bukhao or lengkee or even the road opp lengkee.. some where peaceful without hassles?

there is no way to predict when a building next door to the one that you think should be peaceful will suddenly undergo a renovation project etc.

odd one off parties where there is karaoke etc you just have to accept as part of coming to pattaya.

nothing can be certain !

• Like 1

I have stayed at VT6  for a dozen years-  4 times a year

I always book almost a year ahead so have reservations for September and January

In September 7 nights in back-  5 in front

I hate to screw Tik ( Dancewatchers )  after all these years

But please keep this thread going by those on the ground

Will they be working round the clock with foundation?

The front room is the one that really concerns me- on the 18th floor

thanks to all

TO QUOTE THE GREAT GEORGE BURNS

SEX AT MY AGE IS LIKE TRYING TO SHOOT POOL WITH A ROPE

IF YOU LIVE TO BE 100- YOU'VE GOT IT MADE. VERY FEW PEOPLE DIE PAST THAT AGE

they are not likely to give you a candid answer.

Will they be working round the clock with foundation?

i think that is extremely unlikely

they are not likely to give you a candid answer.

i think that is extremely unlikely

They have a renter review system, so it is in their interests to be truthful.

Do you rent condos from VT6?

I have stayed at VT6  for a dozen years-  4 times a year

That's how VT6 was looking a dozen years ago, so guess you were sleeping under a tent at that time.

1.jpg

Then this appeared on the land in early 2005.

Capture d’écran 2015-08-01 à 23.04.47.png

And during the next 3 years it growed like this.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

:GoldenSmile1:

I was in vt6 for a few years. I left shortly after they announced plans for what they are building next door.

I was there when they were building the hotel on soi 10 and Beach Road, I think it's called something like the Seren hotel.

The pile driving for that lasted three months. I was on the Walking Street side, floor 23, and could hear the banging through the

patio doors but it wasn't horribly loud. The worse noise at VT6 is when someone does renovation. They can be far away and it

still feels like they are drilling next door. It's impossible to predict when that's going to happen.

They have a renter review system, so it is in their interests to be truthful.

Do you rent condos from VT6?

no i walk by and take pics as i amble along.

• Like 2

I agree, the noise from the in house vt6 room renovations are far worse than any construction noise.  Those f*ckers start 1 second after 8am and don't stop until 4:59pm :)

• Like 1

That's how VT6 was looking a dozen years ago, so guess you were sleeping under a tent at that time.

Great pics.  Thanks for posting them.  It's amazing to see how "green" the area around VT6 was when it went up.

You'll have to forgive Kinky on his inaccuracy of years past.  He's getting on in his years and goes off his meds from time to time...555

Cheers...

Great pics.  Thanks for posting them.  It's amazing to see how "green" the area around VT6 was when it went up.

from the artists impression it is in the countryside

It's amazing to see how "green" the area around VT6 was when it went up.

Um... as striderman says, that's just the 'artists impression' for advertising purposes. Definitely not a true and accurate representation! 555

Um... as striderman says, that's just the 'artists impression' for advertising purposes. Definitely not a true and accurate representation! 555

Um... DUH...  I was speaking of the photo's.  But thanks for your effort to be funny.

Cheers

Edited by sydney95b

As soon as they had they completed VT6, Central festival construction started. Most North-siders lost their view, and some poor sods ended up looking in to the parking garage.

As soon as they had they completed VT6, Central festival construction started. Most North-siders lost their view, and some poor sods ended up looking in to the parking garage.

Actually VT6 opened in 2008 and Central Festival construction started the next year but you are absolutely right about the poor guys who bought on Naklua Side. Mostly because in the beginning, Hilton hotel building was supposed to be built on Second Road side of the land and not at all on Beach Road. You never know in Thailand, until they really start to dig the ground...

from the artists impression it is in the countryside

At that time, many Pattaya areas on beach front were still looking like countryside. The 'gold rush' was just about to start… to lead to what we know today with a totally different skyline.

You'll have to forgive Kinky on his inaccuracy of years past.  He's getting on in his years and goes off his meds from time to time...555

Cheers...

Thanks. Actually, his quote mostly gave me a reason to post some of them ;)

Here are some other ones from VT6 construction time...

January 2005

Jan 29, 2005 1.jpg

Jan 29, 2005 2.jpg

July 2006

Jul 8, 2006.jpg

July 27, 2006.jpg

September 2006

Sep 2, 2006.jpg

November 2006 (from Second Road)

November 2006 (from Second Road).jpg

January 2007

Jan 1, 2007.jpg

May 2007

May 4, 2007.jpg

And now

And now.jpg

• Like 3

I wonder whether those who bought Condo's on WS side (whose view is likely to be affected) thinking that the plot next door would never be developed are the same people predicting that Pattaya will never make it as a normal tourist destination.  thinking smiley.gif

not much happening except the yellow brick road has been growing

aug 2 005 (Custom).JPG

Direct from the on site project manager 3 August 2015.  Question was asked..  What method will you use for the foundation of the building.  Answer...  Will use the new German method of drilling the hole with the Auger and filling it with  concrete.   Question..   So there will be no pile driving.  Answer...   correct   there will be no pile driving.   As most of you know most of the noise comes from driving the piles for the foundation.  If this information is correct it is very good news for people who are staying on the South Side of View Talay 6.

test1.gif