IGNORED

VT6 - New Building Walking Street Side

socrates

I'll be checking in to VT6 in about week. Hoping for the best noise wise.

I was at SeaMeSpring2 when they were doing the pile driving at the new hotel on beach road. Made for a noisy stay

Thanks to everyone that has posted info and photos, fantastic thread keeping us up to date. 

i will be glad to update the report starting  September 2

Hope some one can keep it going until then

TO QUOTE THE GREAT GEORGE BURNS

SEX AT MY AGE IS LIKE TRYING TO SHOOT POOL WITH A ROPE

IF YOU LIVE TO BE 100- YOU'VE GOT IT MADE. VERY FEW PEOPLE DIE PAST THAT AGE

Haven't taken any pic's as yet, but for those worried about the noise.......  I'm currently on the 25th floor Naklua side, can't hear a thing.  Not even in the hallways.  Work seems to be progressing slowly and the work crew seem to be knocking off early at the moment.

So, thus far, all good.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Haven't taken any pic's as yet, but for those worried about the noise.......  I'm currently on the 25th floor Naklua side, can't hear a thing.  Not even in the hallways.  Work seems to be progressing slowly and the work crew seem to be knocking off early at the moment.

So, thus far, all good.

Cheers

Perthie

enjoy Perthie!!!!

I don't know how the naklua side was but up to yesterday I was staying in a condo on the WS side and I moved to another place because I couldn't cope with the construction noise. I usually don't get home early so they would just wake me up with the noise after being in bed just 2-3 hours.

Was staying on the 13th floor, maybe higher up with double glazing it would be better.

Today was the worst noise so far - if I was just arriving I would be looking to leave - lets see how tomorrow goes...

Can you post a few pics of the lot from your condo socrates ?

It would be good to hear from someone on the Naklua side if they've been affected yet, or if the pool is also affected.

Maybe Perthie will give us his opinion in a few days?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I just booked Hilton side for next week. I assume naklua side is same as Hilton side.

Im not worried about noise on that side, hope im not in for a surprice-:)

No eternal rewards will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

Having spent the entire day in my condo suffering from a horrendous hangover, again I didn't hear a thing all day.  The worst I heard was the maids clattering down the corridor.  

Seems as if being on a high floor and on the Naklua/Hilton side has some advantages.  However, looking at what other guys are saying, as building continues it's a possibility that construction work will gradually become intrusive all the way up.  At some point the work crews are going to be doing their thing pretty close even to the top floor condos.  I would guess that eventually a crane or two will also be on site with their cabins somewhere up above the 20th floor.

Cheers

Perthie

• Like 2

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

I'll second that, also staying on Naklua side, very quiet even though the pace and scale of work on the building site has increased a lot in the last few days.

• Like 1

They are building a serious building  so any time soon with the foundations & pile driving it will be noisy at times for sure.

Pattaya is still a building site in many areas.

i spoke to my asset today who lives on the 11th floor  on the side in question and he said thank god he installed double glazing last year.

he has access to his mates place next door who is in uk right now and said the noise was much worse without it.

but he reckoned the pile installation was going so quick it should be done in 4/5 weeks.

not the end of the noise but should be the end of the thumping

i spoke to my asset today who lives on the 11th floor  on the side in question and he said thank god he installed double glazing last year.

he has access to his mates place next door who is in uk right now and said the noise was much worse without it.

but he reckoned the pile installation was going so quick it should be done in 4/5 weeks.

not the end of the noise but should be the end of the thumping

What happened to the 'assurance' of augured drilling instead of pile driving?

From what I can tell when I'm around the building and out at the pool, they are not pile driving - the drilling still makes noise, just not as bad as pile driving would be

i'm told they use the auger first then after a smaller screw section. each time the smaller bit is pulled up they have to whack it to get the spoil off the thing.

that was my understanding of what he told me yesterday.

old fashioned pile driving is even noisier

^ exactly what I just saw by the pool - lots of thumping to get the spoil out.

Striderman; as our man on the ground and being to handsome sexy man that you are, I'd have thought you would have sweet talked the girls in VT6 reception to allow you access to all areas and find a commanding view of construction where you could take photos , exclusive to PA?

Striderman; as our man on the ground and being to handsome sexy man that you are, I'd have thought you would have sweet talked the girls in VT6 reception to allow you access to all areas and find a commanding view of construction where you could take photos , exclusive to PA?

this is pattaya not fantasy island......................ze plane ze plane

• Like 1