Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

VT6 - New Building Walking Street Side

socrates

There is absolutely nothing going on at the site, and doesn't appear that anything has happened for awhile.

(No disturbed ground or vegetation, trees they planted earlier for landscaping are dead and/or lying on their sides.)

Photos from this morning, 7 June.

IMG_1770.JPG

IMG_1771.JPG

IMG_1772.JPG

If you're booked with Honey that's not too bad.

If you're booked with Dancewatchers the deposit is bloody high!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I had a very quick look at VT6 for my December trip - though I was always leaning towards Jomtien.

The condos Honey had available were all very expensive - much more than last December. She's usually one of the cheaper agents as well!

I didn't contact her to check as I decided on Jomtien.

Unfortunately, I had to cancel a booking with Honey last Christmas. She has a very fair cancellation policy - unlike some agents.

Edited by davidge

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Its not daily with Honey - its twice a week for most bookings a week and over

I have booked with Honey for 10 days in July. Arranged over mail to have daily cleaning the price ended up at 1600 baht a day for a walk side condo on floor 23.  

• Like 2

Wondering what the plan is with this.

Besides the guy who have been watering the saved trees, i have not seen much going on there since construction

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

No eternal rewards will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

Wondering what the plan is with this.

Yeah I saw the guy show up yesterday.

Looks like he raked up a wider path following the little trail to where they emplaced the trees this time last year.

IMG_1816.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about booking the 26th floor south side in September. I really appreciate all the effort people have been putting in to update us on construction progress. Would be terrible to have a vacation ruined because of that.

I think Im safe for September... any thoughts?

You are 95% safe on that, but anything is possible in amazing Thailand. Besides, you are far up and would hear little noise if they started back up again. If anything, you would have some interesting entertainment from your balcony everyday.

Who are you booking with? The bigger agents in VT6 would probably have the ability to re-accomodate you (September is still low season) if you absolutely needed to switch sides.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

I think Im safe for September... any thoughts?

Nothing has happened since my last post.

Even if they started work tomorrow, they'd still have to clear and prep the site, install water, sewer, and power lines, dig out basement/foundation, and drive the piles or drill the shafts for the support columns, and probably other stuff I don't even know. I think it would be next year before they got to the point it would begin to bother you all the way up on the 26th floor.

Not to mention that I believe they wouldn't begin work right at the start of rainy season, which the Thai Meteorological Department just forecast (three days ago) to begin in about two weeks... however, This Is Thailand.  :Dunno:

You are 95% safe on that, but anything is possible in amazing Thailand. Besides, you are far up and would hear little noise if they started back up again. If anything, you would have some interesting entertainment from your balcony everyday.

Who are you booking with? The bigger agents in VT6 would probably have the ability to re-accomodate you (September is still low season) if you absolutely needed to switch sides.

I need to look up all the different people you can book through, I just figured they all had the same units available and went to the main website.

Going to look up the differences now. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nothing has happened since my last post.

Not to mention that I believe they wouldn't begin work right at the start of rainy season, which the Thai Meteorological Department just forecast (three days ago) to begin in about two weeks... however, This Is Thailand.   :Dunno:

Sorry for off topic but what about rainy season starting? do you have a link where i can read about it? landing in two weeks.

/Mike

Sorry for off topic but what about rainy season starting? do you have a link where i can read about it? landing in two weeks.

there has been a bit but not that much.

september and october are most years the months with the highest rainfall

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/seasonal_forecast.php

Whereas during the 1st half of July, the amount and distribution of rain will not be a lot. 

During the 1st half of July, the amount and distribution of rain in Thailand will reduce possibly causing water shortage for some agricultural areas, specifically at the repeated drought areas outside irrigation zones. This event is caused by the prevailing southwest monsoon over the Andaman Sea and Thailand weakening and the monsoon trough placing over the southern portion of China at some periods.

For during middle July until September, Thailand will experience more rainfall with heavy to very heavy rain at many areas.

Try candoproperty.com i have used them for the last 2 years and always a good choice of units on all floors and sides of the building

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link and info. will be staying at page10 at that time so will see if/when the area turns into a swamp

when it rains hard tropical style the streets inc soi 10 may flood.

2 hrs after the rain stops its all gone again.

SWB has a great point about rainy season - highly unlikely any groundwork will be done in September.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

back on topic there has been no work done on the site since the piling was done last year.

right now the only thing busy is the vegetation gradually reclaiming the large plot

I stayed at VT6 April/May booked with Honey, changed room 4 times , ha ha. all Honeys units are really in need of refurbishment, very tatty and worn .

something wrong in every unit I stayed in , curtains half down, sinks leaking. shower valve falling off, and so many other faults , but grubby generally,

all are very tired and worn now , and the prices at 2k per night with no cleaning ....not good enough.

I stayed at VT6 April/May booked with Honey, changed room 4 times , ha ha. all Honeys units are really in need of refurbishment, very tatty and worn .

something wrong in every unit I stayed in , curtains half down, sinks leaking. shower valve falling off, and so many other faults , but grubby generally,

all are very tired and worn now , and the prices at 2k per night with no cleaning ....not good enough.

Agree the condo's do look worn, but then again when i stayed at The Marriot i also thougt they looked pretty worn for that price.

Also had a leaking showerhead last i where at vt6, told them and they changed it to new one 10min later.

i use the Weekly renting, get some free cleaning in that option.

No eternal rewards will forgive us now for wasting the dawn

Has anyone booked with viewtalay6.com ? They are having so many issues confirming a reservation that I am starting to doubt their authenticity...

Yes, they are authentic (American guy and Thai wife). Last I heard, they were still in business. Never really impressed me with their organizational skills, and I have never booked through them.

Thank you for verifying them. I'd go elsewhere but the room I am looking at with them is just awesome. Wish the booking system was smoother.(or worked at all)