IGNORED

VT6 - New Building Walking Street Side

socrates

8 hours ago, T-T-T said:

Is there any movement on the walking street side ... ?  just checking for my Oct trip. 

zippo. nothing has happened

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

nothing going on with the site except they have planted some " plants" to pretend the area is for farming. it's clearly not but it appears it is a device to get round some sort of land non development tax. 

there are other sites in pattaya doing the same thing

Edited by striderman
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Puttuyu said:

Anybody knows what's going on next to VT6 on Second Road side ?

2nd_road_01.jpg

6 hours ago, socrates said:

The wall collapsed after the huge floods a while ago - and as the owners are filthy rich they are under no obligation to do anything about it

From the photo, I think it looks better without the wall.

1 minute ago, Luv2Phuket said:

From the photo, I think it looks better without the wall.

There are part collapsed parts still there - not good - and when it rains heavily that part becomes a mosquito infested 'lagoon' for some reason the water doesn't drain in that section of the empty plot - the only beneficiaries of the wall collapse are the dogs - they don't have to walk round to get to Second Road

4 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

It's an unofficial dog sanctuary.

Are the dogs still living there?  I used to give them food on occasion.

9 hours ago, typhoon42 said:

Are the dogs still living there?  I used to give them food on occasion.

Yeah quite a few, they're always fighting and establishing dominance throughout the day and night or maybe it's rival packs fighting for territory. 

On 17/10/2021 at 00:22, socrates said:

There are part collapsed parts still there - not good - and when it rains heavily that part becomes a mosquito infested 'lagoon' for some reason the water doesn't drain in that section of the empty plot - the only beneficiaries of the wall collapse are the dogs - they don't have to walk round to get to Second Road

That part does not drain because Kanary Corp. put in a foundation several years ago and covered it up and left. To be finished in the future. But I think you know that. You were there.

Jack

Just now, axunjaxn said:

That part does not drain because Kanary Corp. put in a foundation several years ago and covered it up and left. To be finished in the future. But I think you know that. You were there.

Jack

in 2015 they did piling or had it done by a professional company Bauer  but it would not have had any effect on the drainage.

Edited by striderman

34 minutes ago, striderman said:

in 2015 they did piling or had it done by a professional company Bauer  but it would not have had any effect on the drainage.

I was about to say  - the drainage issue started when they moved loads of earth up that end to extract all the tonnes of garbage accumulated there and the soil became more of a white colour - sand was also deposited for some reason

On 21/10/2021 at 21:01, striderman said:

I would have thought the tons of cement I saw them pouring into that lot would slow the drainage but I am no construction engineer.

Jack

• 1 month later...

Wow, I have been gone a long time... but I never thought anything would happen to this lot. So the wall on the 2nd road side is gone? I walked that so many times looking at the old glass they had mounted on the top to discourage people from jumping the wall. And the hotel build plans failed so its still an empty lot... just with no mature trees now?

• 5 months later...

Nice with topics that goes way back!

So, a quick update;
- They put up a fence towards 2d road, painted white, looks okay.
- Ohh yes they have trees, and they grow like a ****. Those in the middle reached about 12th floor now.
- Workers drop by now and then watering the plants. This way it is undeveloped land, giving tax benefits.
- And yes, idiots still feed the dogs, there are about 25 of them now. Stupid people meaning well is nothing new. The question still remains unanswered; why don't people feed the dogs outside their own home instead, then they can have their own pack barking all night? Could it be because wild dogs are a pain in the ass, and a huge problem all over Thailand? Because it certainly is. The dog problem in Thailand is epidemic. So yes, better feed wild dogs so they multiply, :D haha

Development on the land; Don't hold your breath. Lots of people hold off buying VT6 in 2008 because they feared some huge building would pop up in the soon future. The fear made sense too, with Central Festival adjusting its plans, and building Hilton with its expansions in 2010. This project somehow got a pass to build closer than 100m from the beach, and I still don't understand why. The rules are clear, and the build affected about half of the1000 condos in VT6.

Good news is, it looks like government officials have learned, as distance to the beach was one of the (many) reasons the The Waterfront Suites and Residence was stopped (the ghost-building at the Bali Hai Pier). And that was a damn huge project. After that, EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment) in 2014, stated the point that "forbids new projects to block beach views". Now, what they mean by that is up to debate, but you clearly cant build a new 54 story building on the VT6 neighbor land, as it would clearly block the view, and render the land areas behind mostly worthless (or force 120 story buildings on 3rd rood, and so on)

So, developing the land next to VT6 is a problem. They have the same problem the vacant land around Jomtien beach-front faces: How to build big enough, so it is profitable, without getting into a clinch with the regulations? And with the current stat of affairs in Pattaya, and world economy, who will put up the money? I certainly would not.

In the meanwhile, those who bought in 2008 on Walking Street side, (for 2.6mil at the Jomtien Sales Office), has so far had 14 years of excellent view. And it seems like it wont end yet.

Photo from yesterdayDSC_1264.thumb.JPG.c88cc6ab592e5ca668f94c9817371473.JPG

Edited by KjellM
Typos, getting old ;)

• 7 months later...
On 16/05/2022 at 18:03, KjellM said:

Good news is, it looks like government officials have learned, as distance to the beach was one of the (many) reasons the The Waterfront Suites and Residence was stopped (the ghost-building at the Bali Hai Pier). And that was a damn huge project. After that, EIA (Environmental Impact Assessment) in 2014, stated the point that "forbids new projects to block beach views". Now, what they mean by that is up to debate, but you clearly cant build a new 54 story building on the VT6 neighbor land, as it would clearly block the view, and render the land areas behind mostly worthless (or force 120 story buildings on 3rd rood, and so on)

So, developing the land next to VT6 is a problem. They have the same problem the vacant land around Jomtien beach-front faces: How to build big enough, so it is profitable, without getting into a clinch with the regulations? And with the current stat of affairs in Pattaya, and world economy, who will put up the money? I certainly would not.

In the meanwhile, those who bought in 2008 on Walking Street side, (for 2.6mil at the Jomtien Sales Office), has so far had 14 years of excellent view. And it seems like it wont end yet.

There is some activity on the land on WS side of VT6. Two days ago larger trees were felled, cut up, and being removed. Chainsaw noise most of day. The beach side third seems to have been marked off, and at least one of those blue plastic pipes protruding from ground. Building work ahead? 

Edited by quietguy77
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, quietguy77 said:

There is some activity on the land on WS side of VT6. Two days ago larger trees were felled, cut up, and being removed. Chainsaw noise most of day. The beach side third seems to have been marked off, and at least one of those blue plastic pipes protruding from ground. Building work ahead? 

They're are also building a fence about 25 metres in  from the Beach Rd fence.

The dogs are going soon so it can't be for that purpose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, quietguy77 said:

31 minutes ago, Sloracer said:

Screenshot 2023-01-11 15.00.12.png

1 hour ago, Sloracer said:

Apparently the new fence is to pen the dogs in so they can be removed.

If/when they do build on that plot of land, would there be restrictions on height?  I never book a room on the other side, as unless you are high up, you only have a view of Central Mall wall what seems 6ft from your balcony.

It would be a great shame if the view is lost!

@mattmoore1965x I believe the originally posted plans had a tall building back toward Second Road and a shorter building closer to Beach Road, but that was years ago. 

• Like 4

I suffer from PTSD, Post Thailand Stress Disorder =P

• 3 weeks later...

Any further developments since the last post ?, or has the activity ceased again. Thanks

On Friday there was a guy showing another guy the cut down trees. I think they were probably assessing or negotiating the value of the wood.

Other than that nothing seems to have happened.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/01/2023 at 14:30, Sloracer said:

On 11/01/2023 at 16:16, smiler said:

Apparently the new fence is to pen the dogs in so they can be removed.

On 31/01/2023 at 07:58, jaynewcastle said:

Any further developments since the last post ?, or has the activity ceased again. Thanks

Six guys have arrived with lorry and unloaded cages, seems that rounding up of dogs will be starting.

• Like 2