IGNORED

Rooms Above The New Chow Soy Restaurant

dazsomer123

The food fellah is excellent value for money, so where are you coming from?

Chow Soy competes with 2 of the best places in Patts for breakfasts, ie Witherspoons and Continental Bakery, and can stand amonst them for quality, freshness and taste. As for the Thai and Chinese menus, they are as good as any in this price range.

Obviously, if you are comparing with expensive restaurants and hotels there will be a diference, but ,in this area and at these prices, there is nothing wrong with the food here.

Not wanting to name names of competitors in I consider vastly inferior, however, I will go so far as to say I have not eaten anything better, and eaten a lot worse in Soi Chayapoon.

THe rooms are the best value for money in Patts, and the food cannot be fairly knocked. Then again you're Welsh; Maybe missing lamb on the menu?

Cheers Sluminit!

Thanks for the kind words :P Everybody is entitled to there opinion, so it is pointless me getting into a debate over the food. I know we had a bad name before regarding the food and I cant change that, I myself used to complain about the curries before I was involved, but now they are sorted(Even Neeroy Reccomends them Now Cheer Roy lol).

Since I have got involved the Menu has changed a lot and we are doing a lot more English food now, and we are getting great feed back regarding the food now, but like I say everybody has a different opinion and if they don't like it they don't have to come back.

Regards

Dave

Edited by dazsomer123

do you have any room available from 05. aug till 15. aug ?

Sorry but we are full for those dates.

Regards

Edited by dazsomer123

• 2 weeks later...

Room Update

The Very Large Room is still available from 20th Sept 09 until Noon 8th Oct 09.

Regards

Dave

Edited by dazsomer123

The food at Chow Soy is good, the beers are cold and the guys are great. Shout out to my hommies Derek, Dave and Big John. Do you know who this is?

Room Update

The Very Large Room is still available from 20th Sept 09 until Noon 8th Oct 09.

Regards

Dave

looking for room for 1month from the 1st October till the 30th October what you got? and does one have a private entery to rooms or do you walk through the restaurant? by the way the foods good there was there in June July... Gammon steaks lovely

Hi guys

I stayed in the 'good sized room' for 5 weeks in April / May. I can highly recommend this place to everyone!

Just 'in the mouth' of Soi Chayapoon opposite Canterbury Tales Cafe. Good access to bars / eateries on Soi Diana, Bauckaow, LK Metro. An upcoming but little known area. There is a K-bank exchange 30 seconds away on Soi Baukaow.

ROOM

Pros:

1. Huge fridge. I tried my best to fill it but couldn't.

2. Fast reliable WIFI. Dave adds your MAC address to the router so that guests cannot share passwords with friends.

3. Good sized TV with cable. Good selection of movie & news channels.

4. Nice powerful hot shower, open but seperated from the toilet by a 3/4 wall.

5. Tasty cheap food, with free delivery ;-) I recommend the Chow Mein, Gammon, Duck in black bean sauce.

6. The chips! Thick cut & made from real tatties.

7. Fresh towels on demand. From the cupboard on the 2nd floor.

8. Electric is key card operated, but only the aircon cuts out. Good for charging laptops / mobiles while out.

9. No mozzies. I get bit to buggery everywhere else! Maybe altitude related?

10. Keypad operated safe, next to the door. Easy to hide the keypad from view when opening.

11. Aircon points directly at the bed, with a fan above the bed to disperse the cold air if you choose.

12. Dave, a stand up customer focused guy. Always busy but always ready for a chat.

Cons:

1. The stairs. My room was on the 3rd floor (AAARRGGHH!!!) Don't forget anything!

2. An occasional pong in the bathroom. Possibly from 'back pressure' in the toilet, or maybe the drain.

3. The chips! Occasionally a little undercooked on the inside. Make sure they're brown Dave ;-)

4. Poor lighting in the bathroom. I had to use the mirror in the wardrobe to shave the left side of my face.

Not big problems by any means, so I give Dave..... 8/10 ;-)

BTW Dave how is your new job working out. At least it's put an end to those VISA runs you love so much. LOL

I'll be staying in the area over xmas / new year. So I'll be popping in to wish you all the best.

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

Hi guys

I stayed in the 'good sized room' for 5 weeks in April / May. I can highly recommend this place to everyone!

Just 'in the mouth' of Soi Chayapoon opposite Canterbury Tales Cafe. Good access to bars / eateries on Soi Diana, Bauckaow, LK Metro. An upcoming but little known area. There is a K-bank exchange 30 seconds away on Soi Baukaow.

ROOM

Pros:

1. Huge fridge. I tried my best to fill it but couldn't.

2. Fast reliable WIFI. Dave adds your MAC address to the router so that guests cannot share passwords with friends.

3. Good sized TV with cable. Good selection of movie & news channels.

4. Nice powerful hot shower, open but seperated from the toilet by a 3/4 wall.

5. Tasty cheap food, with free delivery ;-) I recommend the Chow Mein, Gammon, Duck in black bean sauce.

6. The chips! Thick cut & made from real tatties.

7. Fresh towels on demand. From the cupboard on the 2nd floor.

8. Electric is key card operated, but only the aircon cuts out. Good for charging laptops / mobiles while out.

9. No mozzies. I get bit to buggery everywhere else! Maybe altitude related?

10. Keypad operated safe, next to the door. Easy to hide the keypad from view when opening.

11. Aircon points directly at the bed, with a fan above the bed to disperse the cold air if you choose.

12. Dave, a stand up customer focused guy. Always busy but always ready for a chat.

Cons:

1. The stairs. My room was on the 3rd floor (AAARRGGHH!!!) Don't forget anything!

2. An occasional pong in the bathroom. Possibly from 'back pressure' in the toilet, or maybe the drain.

3. The chips! Occasionally a little undercooked on the inside. Make sure they're brown Dave ;-)

4. Poor lighting in the bathroom. I had to use the mirror in the wardrobe to shave the left side of my face.

Not big problems by any means, so I give Dave..... 8/10 ;-)

BTW Dave how is your new job working out. At least it's put an end to those VISA runs you love so much. LOL

I'll be staying in the area over xmas / new year. So I'll be popping in to wish you all the best.

Cheers El Cata!

Don't Recognise the board name but looking back on the booking sheet must be Noel? lol hope you are well and not working to hard....look forward to seeing you over Xmas.

Regards

Dave

The food at Chow Soy is good, the beers are cold and the guys are great. Shout out to my hommies Derek, Dave and Big John. Do you know who this is?

Would not be Alaska Dave by any chance?

Cheers El Cata!

Don't Recognise the board name but looking back on the booking sheet must be Noel? lol hope you are well and not working to hard....look forward to seeing you over Xmas.

Regards

Dave

Yes mate, it is Noel.

Working too hard. I wish!!! Nothing happening in the UK.

Starting my PGCE next month, with a goal of teaching in Bangkok!

Be in touch over xmas & for my naughty weekends in future. ;-)

Board names? I'm a member of many forums, keep forgetting them!

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

How do you get in touch with them?

alright pal

do you have two rooms for the 1/09/09 to the 10/09/09?

cheers

center]'''''''''''You only pass through this life once; you don't come back for an encore.''''''''''''[/center]

Just a quick Hello Dave ,

Recommend the place to anyone who is thinking about stopping there , good value . Everything on your doorstep - good food , good bars , ATMs , bowling , gogo ( Oasis ) , motobike taxis and car taxi , girls , and dare I say it ladyboys - all close by .

Really enjoyed myself thanks .

You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train .

Just a quick Hello Dave ,

Recommend the place to anyone who is thinking about stopping there , good value . Everything on your doorstep - good food , good bars , ATMs , bowling , gogo ( Oasis ) , motobike taxis and car taxi , girls , and dare I say it ladyboys - all close by .

Really enjoyed myself thanks .

Cheers Peter!

Good to hear from you mate, do you feel any older now you are a Grandfather lol? hope all is well back there in Sunny UK.

Regards

Dave

alright pal

do you have two rooms for the 1/09/09 to the 10/09/09?

cheers

Sorry No rooms available for the dates you require.

Regards

Dave

Edited by dazsomer123

Room Update

Very large room with PC and internet in room is still available, all for 550B a night from 20th Sept until noon 01 Oct.

Edited by dazsomer123

Room Update

Very large room with PC and internet in room is still available, all for 550B a night from 20th Sept until noon 01 Oct.

Hi Dave,

Anything from the 13th to the 24th Sep? I willcheck into the big room on the 20th if there's an alterrnative for the other days. Do PM me if possible...

Cheers!

Hi Dave,

Anything from the 13th to the 24th Sep? I willcheck into the big room on the 20th if there's an alterrnative for the other days. Do PM me if possible...

Cheers!

Just sent you a PM on Secrets regarding the dates you require.

Just sent you a PM on Secrets regarding the dates you require.

Got the message Dave. Have replied on the neutral medium - your hotmail ID :GoldenSmile1:

Would not be Alaska Dave by any chance?

You Guessed it Dave. Good on ya. How's it going with the new job? Sounds like a winner. How are the boys (Derek and John)? Don't know when Em and I will be back. Hope it will be soon. Say "Hello" to the boys, Kwanta, Gaan, Pimm, and Ice. Hope all is well. Take care. Dave and Em

You Guessed it Dave. Good on ya. How's it going with the new job? Sounds like a winner. How are the boys (Derek and John)? Don't know when Em and I will be back. Hope it will be soon. Say "Hello" to the boys, Kwanta, Gaan, Pimm, and Ice. Hope all is well. Take care. Dave and Em

Hi Dave!

All is well here...considering the world recession.

Regards

Dave

Room Update

Very large room with PC and internet in room is still available, all for 550B a night from 24th Sept until noon 01 Oct.

Room Update

Very large room with PC and internet in room is still available, all for 550B a night from 24th Sept until noon 01 Oct.

mate it will be my first time to Patts, I will take it from 25th til the 1st if I can, check PM and maybe sendm e thru details if i need to pay in advance etc?

cheers :)

:D

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/9.jpg&text=my%20first%20time%20in%20Pattaya%21%21%0DSHOW%20ME%20THE%20PUSSY%21&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2009&month=8&day=25&hour=15&minute=0&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace Countdown Clocks</a></small></center>