Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review - Canterbury Tales Cafe

Buttman Returns

Also available as part of our service and this company been going since 1995

post-2887-026041300 1277056363.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Due to a cancellation room 4C available from 16th November.

details on the website below.

Had a very interesting week, did a bit of collecting on behalf of the Pattaya Rotary club and Canterbury Tales for the poor flood victims in BKK & surrounding areas, we went out last Monday to LK Metro, beach road & Walking Street and collected 16,000 baht, then on Friday Soi 6, 7, 8, 2nd road and beach road and collected 24,000 baht then tonight a while at Thepraset market then outside central mall, that cash to be counted later but I guess about 6/8000 baht.

Observations, on dressing as a katoy or one of the ugly sisters, never had so much fun, especially with the girls, I got molested all night and not one Lady drink purchased, great fun but its hard to see where your walking with big tits, amazing who gives and who dont, some real miserable buggers around, we will continue doing it and I will later post where all the cash goes, any donations kindly accepted for the fund and when the floods have gone we have a little girl with 90% burns and we are going to grab some cash for her.

If you want a good night out get your self a pair of TITS.

Oh and if the guy with the beard, hairy back and hard on is on here reading, no 1000baht is not enough for my bar fine.

PS, I need a big girls dress so if anyone has a spare in fat bloke size I would appreciate it, they are in abundance in UK but not here, a Red flashy one would be nice, also a spare pair of TITS as mine are nearly worn out.DSCN4217aaaa.jpgrotary logo copy 2 a.jpgthai-2Aaa copy.jpg

Total collected so far, 64,000baht

• 2 weeks later...

Now collected over 100,000 baht, great fun as the girls like all the slap stick they are very quick to donate a little, anyone got any spare TITS, I could do with some mine are nearly worn out.

Now collected over 100,000 baht

Wow! Impressive stuff, congratulations.

..... anyone got any spare TITS, I could do with some mine are nearly worn out.

See what I can do!

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Now collected over 100,000 baht, great fun as the girls like all the slap stick they are very quick to donate a little, anyone got any spare TITS, I could do with some mine are nearly worn out.

Nice one Dave! Although how much of that was raised through lady drinks? On a totally unrelated matter, how is your leg after you 'tripped' & fell over? :25:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

Taken from my Trip Report on LBP.

CANTERBURY TALES.

“ Master of the house, doling out the charm,

ready with a handshake and an open palm.

Tells a saucy tale, makes a little stir,

customers appreciate a bon-viveur.

Glad to do a friend a favour,

doesn‘t cost me to be nice,

but nothing gets you nothing,

everything has got a little price.”

- Les Miserables -

I am not a great lover of posh or plush hotels. I much rather prefer the more friendlier type of guesthouse and that is why I choose to stay here at Canterbury Tales. So long as I have a comfy bed in a fun environment then I am more than happy. Also it is quite conveniently situated close to the evermore popular areas of Soi Buakhow and LK Metro along with Pook Swan just around the corner.

The rooms are basic, kept clean and comfortable with all the necessities needed such as Wall Safe, T.V. fridge and coffee making equipment. Last year I had taken room 6b at 550 baht per night, but this year felt I wanted something a little larger, so had opted for room 12a at 600 baht per night, which also boasted a four poster bed. Spacious and with a balcony over-looking the Soi where you can sit with a cold beer and watch the world pass by before heading off out for the evening. For those of you who are a little shy about bringing anyone back to the loom, those in building A are served with a discreet back entry, (and I do like a nice back passage) along with CCTV monitoring.

Once again booking was easy and no hassle via the website at www.canterburytalescafe.com and as usual, deposit sent, Dave replied promptly informing me that my room was all reserved for me. Dave has recently updated his website and it now incorporates a small forum where you can keep up to date on all the news, gossip, banter and events locally. A great addition.

Although the guesthouse is basic, the friendliness and helpfulness provided by Dave, Yao and their staff certainly isn’t. Their service is definitely 5*+. Couple that along with the repartee of their regular customers and characters around the breakfast table (usually mid to late morning), and it is not to be missed. Here you are a name, not just a room number.

There is a reasonably priced and decent menu for food, mainly English and Thai, but for me though, the breakfasts must be one of the most enjoyable in Pattaya and it certainly sets you up well for the day ahead.

Canterbury Tales also has an extensive well stocked bookshop with reading material that will satisfy everyones interests. As I had done on my first visit I had topped up my luggage allowance with loads of books to exchange along with a couple of DVD’s. Top of my list is Paultains book “The Paultain Experience, (Chronicles Of A Whore Monger)” which I am sure will be a great read down on the beach.

Thanks to Dave, Yao and everyone there or a great two weeks. See you all next year.

P.S Keep up the great work with the fund raising Dave.

MM.

WOW Mr M. cool

Dave comeing over on the 7th Jan do u still need a dress and tits GOD did i just say this LOL

Dave comeing over on the 7th Jan do u still need a dress and tits GOD did i just say this LOL

Yes the charity thing is ongoing, a fat birds dress as loud as poss red and frilly etc and tits yes, mine nearly worn out. much obliged if you can,

Thanks for the call today Taff and looking forward to my new frock and Tits.

All the best mate.

We are upto 140.000 baht now with the 10,000 baht at the addicts party night

I have friends who have stayed at this place and they said the stay was well worth it. Dave is a very friendly guy who is willing to help you out if a problem arises. I have read a lot of good reviews about this place.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate, have to try to keep up with an ever demanding business, all good fun though.

Happy Crimble to everyone, especially all those not in Pattaya although Christmas is done better in the west, here in Pattaya there are 365 Christmases a year.

Xmas 1.jpg

Due to a cancellation room 12A has become available from the 8th Feb 2012 to 9th March

Cheers Dave

My review is a bit late...

I stayed in september 2010 in the cantebury guesthouse for 2 nights.

And my review is:

1)location is 4/5 i can say that its in the middle of everything and transportation is Relatively good from there.

2)The room was 4/5 it has its own safe, hot cold water,a/c , tv , balcony,wi-fi and generaly a good room. IT was a bit small, i dont know how exactly it works but the Bed linen wasnt replaced, perhaps its done on a weekly bases?.

3)security is 4/5 you have two locks one to the building and one to the room, but there is no reception to take the girls id.

4) price is 5/5 i dont think you can get anything better at this price range!

But the most suprising thing was the hospitality from dave. After i got the room(took a shower) and returned to the cafe dave aproached me and offered help me with my Orientation of pattaya (that was my first time there)i remmber we talked perhaps 0.5 hour and dave explained to me where to go how much to pay and etc...

and he looked like he genuinely wanted to help. i rarley got this feeling of what a nice guy, but he was! :D

Another thing that happened to me there was one of my most akward moments in life!

After i got the room i started to unpack , and decided to take a shower.I started to take my clothes off and the moment i took off my underwear the door to the room opens, and a man comes in,i think he was english becouse of he's accsent and around his 50's. Now here i am standing naked in my room holding my underwear over my personal area and the other guy looking at me with a strange look!?And i remmber thinking at this moment this is not what i sighned for, a few seconds passes and we both finally said something, we both asked who are you?

long story short : as i understood from this guy that he's in charge of maintenance and he was checking the electricity clocks(dont remmebr how its in english).

he knew that no one should be in the room that i got, but he saw that someone using electricity in that room. so he went up to check.

I may be mistaken but ithink hes name is kyth???

So anyway it was akward funny momment.

And i recommend canterbury geusthouse :D .

(sorry if my english is bed)

Actually Keith could smell a naked man at a hundred meters and is a bit strange these days but quite harmless, I am sure he was popping into ask if you needed anything also and maybe was a bit embarrassed.

As for the room cleaning we do that every other day although towels and sheets can be changed daily on request and it may have been the room maids were waiting to see you as sometimes they wait to see a guest so as not to disturb them or maybe Keith had told them you were naked who knows but I apologise either way.

I do believe I remember you and possibly mentioned this forum as to all its benefits any way all the best Dave

Yes the charity thing is ongoing, a fat birds dress as loud as poss red and frilly etc and tits yes, mine nearly worn out. much obliged if you can,

1 Fat Birds dress in red and spots sorted tits sorted Airport BIB fuck knows please don't open my bag see u the weekend

Love you longtime Taff, cant wait.

Due to a cancellation room 3A available from 4th March.

Includes Free Wifi, large bedroom with separate lounge, A/C, 2 ceiling fans, en-suite, balcony, large fridge, in room safe, table & chairs, sofa & recliner, tea/coffee maker, TV, DVD player, large free DVD library, 3rd floor over looking soi with all those sexy massage girls below.

Please see the website for all details.

3A.jpg3a11.jpg3a12.jpgbalcony.jpg

Due to a cancellation room 3A available from 4th March.

Includes Free Wifi, large bedroom with separate lounge, A/C, 2 ceiling fans, en-suite, balcony, large fridge, in room safe, table & chairs, sofa & recliner, tea/coffee maker, TV, DVD player, large free DVD library, 3rd floor over looking soi with all those sexy massage girls below.

Please see the website for all details.

3A.jpg3a11.jpg3a12.jpgbalcony.jpg

Bump

just thought id let other forum members know of my brief experience of the above hotel/guest house!

as im staying in pattaya for a month i thought id try and save a bit of cash on the accomodation front,but BIG mistake!

had heard about this place and it had got some good reviews and the pics on the website looked good too,but whoa! when i got to the room i wonder whether the pics were even of the same place? and if so they must have been taken a fair old time ago!

list of problems;

ceiling coming down in one part of room

ac leaking all over the tiled floor

no sheets on the bed other than mattress sheet!

bathroom very dirty

looked like it had been decorated by Stevie Wonder!

generally very run down

towels dirty with rust marks on them

i was actually embarrassed to bring anyone back the first night it was such a shxt hole! and also it is an area which isnt exactly quiet either,impossible to get any kind of sleep day or night due to the noise!

after 1 night i decided enough was enough so decided to check out and check into some proper accomodation,bit more expensive but well worth the extra thats for sure.this will be the last time i attempt to save any money on hotels!

packed up,in fact i hadnt even unpacked as i new i was going to stay more than 1 night and went downstairs to tell them i was leaving and heres where the fun started. had to wait for David Collier the owner to come back as his wife couldnt deal with it,he turned up and after telling him what i thought of his room he wasnt even remotely interested just told his wife to call the Police! as they wanted full payment for month in the room! thankfully i hadnt paid up front only a small deposit via paypal.

now we all now when it comes to Thai Police you can forget any kind of help as all that would have happened is police turn up,side with the owners and theres me forced to pay the whole lot up front so i made an offer to pay an amount just to save on the hassle and just to get the hell out of there!

i guess this is why the guy now runs a business in Thailand and not the UK as wouldnt get away with this kind of thing back home!

so all in all guys, BE WARNED! this place is a real dump but i guess if you like your accomodation crappy then by all means go for it