Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review - Canterbury Tales Cafe

Buttman Returns

I spent 4 weeks in this great guesthouse in June 2008.

Communication with Dave before and after booking was great, I got all the answers I was after very quickly and made the booking.

I was very pleased with the room I got. I must comment here that rooms do vary, so I can only refer to the one I've stayed in.

The room itself is not renovated but in a very satisfying condition. DVD, in-room safe that is located in a convenient place, A/C (and not one of the noisy ones!), nice selection of Pay TV channels, great comfy bed, coffee making kit, large fridge, hot water, everything I needed for a very comfortable 4 weeks stay.

WiFi as well. Didn't work some of the time but was mostly okay once the issues were resolved.

Great location IMO. 30 metres from Soi Bukhau, between Soi Dianna Inn and Soi LK Metro.

Noise level from the street very reasonable. Much better than Soi Bukhao!

Cafe closes sometime before midnight (around 11pm perhaps? not sure...), so there is no noise from there.

Once the cafe closes, entrance via back entrance only. I found it fantastic! Discrete, no Thai receptionists that gossip and tell your girl everything you've done when she wasn't there... ;-)

Cleaning every second day, but you can change towels every day.

Dave and his lovely wife are very warm and friendly people, always smiley and always willing to help and solve any problem you may have.

I can't comment much on the food, as I spent most of the time at Nutch's restaurant around the corner. I know Nutch from previous visits, I love her food and she and her family are such warm and friendly people that you always feel welcome.

Her restaurant is sort of 'street restaurant', very authentic food (SPICY!!!) and very cheap prices (dishes B30-50):

http://www.nuch-pattaya.com/eng/

What else can I say? Oh, monthly deals! Prices of around Baht 7000 / month, simply ridiculous! And that includes WiFi and free DVDs. There is a huge 'library' as well...

For those of you who are looking for luxurious hotels, this is not the place for you. But if you don't want to spend too much on accommodation - this is great value!

I've found my little piece of heaven in Pattaya and definitely intend to book it for my next visit as well!

Photos below, hope you'll enjoy the models too... ;-)

Happy mongering,

BR

IMGP1289.JPG

<snip by mod> - a couple of photos containing material not suitable for this section have been removed. Trusted members can see the removed photos here.

IMGP1291.JPG

IMGP1320.JPG

• Like 3

There are 3 rings involved with marriage - engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.

Looks good for the budget market 7000bht month is around 250 bht night. That is good value.

Im gonna be staying in soi Chayapoon later this year so i will check out nuch resturant, it looks good for a quick meal.

Edited by soldiermick

Cheers Mick

thanx for review

how much you paid for electrity?

thanx for review

how much you paid for electrity?

Oh, thanks for reminding me...

Electricity was Baht 500 for 4 weeks.

There are 3 rings involved with marriage - engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.

Cheers for the info, Really thinking about staying here myself.

Thanks again.....

No worries mate. I had such a great time there that I sent Dave a Thank You email when I returned to Australia. :-)

Looks good for the budget market 7000bht month is around 250 bht night. That is good value.

Im gonna be staying in soi Chayapoon later this year so i will check out nuch resturant, it looks good for a quick meal.

Yep, and she also has cheap beers to go with the spicy food... ;-) (B40-50 / Singha, I believe?)

i stayed in that room in early june! :GrinNod1:

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

we charge 6 baht per unit which also covers water but only charge for electric on the monthly deals.

Cheers Dave

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

BR, great report thanks for the info. Found Dave to be very helpful indeed am staying with them for about 3 months and looking forward to it. What room did you have?

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

BR, great report thanks for the info. Found Dave to be very helpful indeed am staying with them for about 3 months and looking forward to it. What room did you have?

#5.

3 months in Pattaya? You lucky bustard! :P

i stayed in that room in early june! :wub:

I'm honoured! :P

Sounds cool. Looks like everything ya need. Kinda wish the site had a map function for reference at a glance for all the great places people find.

I study Aregano: The Ancient Italian Art of Pizza Folding.

will look into that

I've been there a few times and had a couple of brief chats with Dave, nice guy and a nice place.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

i stayed in that room in early june! :Moon2:

what room was that? I wanna know which one NOT to book :P

Thanks for the great report matey... never stayed there but have had some lovely breakfasts there... Cheap as well!

what room was that? I wanna know which one NOT to book :D

that was the room moo carried me into! :P

lbfucker.gif

YOU SURE...........

YOU SURE...........

im 99% sure that was the room? :GoldenSmile1: isn't that room in building a next to room 12?

Edited by deadman

lbfucker.gif

Does that sweet thing come with the room? If so I'll take it LT.

Does that sweet thing come with the room? If so I'll take it LT.

Nah, but you can find her dancing on the stage in Marine every night. :-)

Here's another sweet thing for you... This one from Lucifer and was great fun!

IMGP1145.JPG