IGNORED

Review - Canterbury Tales Cafe

Buttman Returns

Please stop posting pics of 4C Dave it brings back so many happy memories now I am stuck back in nice and cold, rip off England, you've got me wanting to book a flight and I can't just yet got too many driveways booked in for paving.

Ha Ha, only joking about the pics, on a serious note for anyone looking to book, I have stayed twice in this room once in May last year and again in September and can strongly recommend it, good bed, good air con, good TV, good bathroom/shower, nice and clean with good security, also very little noise day and night.

Well worth the money and is better than looks in the photos.

Hope to stay again sometime after Songkran but sadly Pattaya holidays have to revolve around gaps in work contracts so are always last min, but will call by CT never know might get lucky for the same room again.

PS. Dave or Keith, is the massage girl by the name of Jen still working across the Soi in the block B shop!

Hey mate, dont work too hard, save some energy for the girlies, not sure on the girl Jen as I think they have got together a couple of them and opened another one next door thats on the right as you look at it, anyhow she is still here yes.

Hope you can make it in the summer, all the best Dave

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Room 5A available from the 23rd of this month for 3 weeks.

All details on the website.

• 1 month later...

Building A Update.

Room 3A available from 13th June

Room 4A available from 26th April to 27th May then again from 13th June

Room 5A available from 15th April

Room 6A available from 5th April to 2nd May then again from 18th May

Room 8A available from 8th June

Room 10A available from 27th May to 17th Jun then again from 5th July

Room 12A available from 3rd May to 25th May then from 5th July

Please email via the website for room deals etc.

Cheers Dave

Edited by Daveo

Building B & C Update.

1B available from 18th April

3B booked Long term.

4B booked Long term.

6B available from 8th May to 15th May then again from 16th June

8B available from 26th April to 24th May then from 26th August

C Building new Rooms

1C available from 15th April

2C Booked longterm

3C available from 13th April

4C available from 14th April

5C booked longterm

Detailed Mat small copy.jpg

As well as;Tetley2.jpgbrek 1 copy.jpg

I picked up this brochure and thought it maybe interesting to some.

Sorry the files are a bit large but had to be so as to be able to read clearly

Brit info small.jpgBrit info small (1).jpgBrit info small (2).jpgBrit info small (3).jpgBrit info small (4).jpg

Any one for a Jimmy

Jimmy White Banner 5 copy.jpg.jpg

Jimmy signing his bookssmall edit.jpgSIZED JW.jpg

Wow...all those years of alcohol,drugs and debauchery have done nothing for his good looks and waist line have they?

Bit like the average monger you could say!

Hes still one of the most popular snooker players though by the looks of those pictures Dave.

Yes he had a chat with a few guys and signed all the books and photos, it was the first time I had met him and from the book signing, we had a meal with Jimmy in Jamesons, then I played him in the evening with the other guys in megabreak pool lounge, I broke and that was it, he cleared the lot, but not every day you get to play a guy who has been in 6 world snooker finals.

Then yesterday at the pig and whistle watching the footy and another question time, then onto Kilkenny to watch him thrash a few more victims, Jimmy was well oiled by then and a great weekend and good experience, he was good enough to sign nearly 100 books for me and about half that amount of photos so I have a few keepsakes and a few for sale.

Business is Business after all.DSC_0068smaller.jpg

DSCN3306small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Look good in the frames(1) copy copy.jpgCopy of photo_frame_2 copy small.jpg

Room 4A available between 3rd May to 28th May then again 13th June onwards.4A (1) copy.jpg4A (2) copy copy.jpg4A (3).jpg4A (5) copy copy.jpg4A (7) copy.jpg4A (8) copy.jpg4A (9) copy.jpg4A copy copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New Room 1C available from 8th May.

Please see the website for details

Copy of Trev room 1.jpgCopy of Trev room 1 (2).jpgCopy of Trev room 1 (41) copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Room 3A & 4A available from 13th June, please see the website for more details and pics,

balcony.jpg3A.jpg3a11.jpg3a12.jpg

I like the Soi Metro, never have stayed at the Canterbury though. It always seemed a bit basic for my personal taste.

But the bookstore down stairs is the best by far when I travel to LOS I never pack books. Just a short (1-2 hours :-)) visit on one of the fisrt days and I'm set.

:Greetings9:

Please be kind to all members - "like" posts that are helpful!

Posted Image

Daveo,

Can you explain the logic about the 6 baht a unit for electric in the room?

Is there a reason you do not charge the 3.5 baht standard rate?

I know you include water, but water use is minimal with just a sink and a shower.

I am interested, as a few of my friends pay 3.5, and I pay 7 (more than you charge) which makes electric a fairly large component in my final bill.

Currently I pay close to 4k baht a month electric (at 7 baht a unit), which would be 2k baht at 3.5 baht standard rate, plus, the most I have ever paid for water is 300 baht a month.

BTW, love the bookshop.

The/our electric we pay is 4.+ ? baht per unit, we worked out on the first few months way back with water use that the average would come out at 6 baht per unit electric and water, there may only be a sink and shower but many guys shower 3/4/5 times a day between walks/shags etc.

All rooms have a meter right outside the door and our average electric bill for a room is between 500 to 700 per month, not sure how your bill is 4k a month electric as we have never had anyone use this much and we have had guys nearly 24/7 in the room, boom booming.

Do you have a meter you can see as many hotels just give you a bill and many just think of a number, thats how they bump charges, I doubt you use even half that amount but hey who knows.

We only charge electric on the monthly rates also not on daily/weekly terms and many of our rooms that are large etc and 500/550 per night work out about 350/400 per night on the monthly rate.

Cheers Dave

The/our electric we pay is 4.+ ? baht per unit, we worked out on the first few months way back with water use that the average would come out at 6 baht per unit electric and water, there may only be a sink and shower but many guys shower 3/4/5 times a day between walks/shags etc.

All rooms have a meter right outside the door and our average electric bill for a room is between 500 to 700 per month, not sure how your bill is 4k a month electric as we have never had anyone use this much and we have had guys nearly 24/7 in the room, boom booming.

Do you have a meter you can see as many hotels just give you a bill and many just think of a number, thats how they bump charges, I doubt you use even half that amount but hey who knows.

We only charge electric on the monthly rates also not on daily/weekly terms and many of our rooms that are large etc and 500/550 per night work out about 350/400 per night on the monthly rate.

Cheers Dave

Fair enough.

I do have a meter that I can see, and yes, most people in the building use less than 1k electric per month.

A Thai lady I know in the building averages 200 baht electric per month as she does not use the air con much, mostly only a fan, a small tv and an electric shower.

The reason for my high bill, is abuse of the air con, I leave it on when I am out to keep the room cool, a 50" Flat screen TV, DVD player, large fridge/freezer and other appliances.

Mostly the air con unit that is on most of the time.

Having looked at past bills, it is between 2,700 baht and 4,000 baht.

My last one was 4,000 baht.

So it seems I am a very heavy user.

All the best, and thanks for answering the question as to electric costing.

Any time mate and yes of course now I can see why your electric is high, I know that its nice to come back to a cool room but on returning to your room, turn on the A/C and by the time you have showered it will have cooled sufficiently thus save you loads of cash which probably would mount to 2 short times or more.

Just a thought.

Any time mate and yes of course now I can see why your electric is high, I know that its nice to come back to a cool room but on returning to your room, turn on the A/C and by the time you have showered it will have cooled sufficiently thus save you loads of cash which probably would mount to 2 short times or more.

Just a thought.

Bloody good advice there!!! :Clap:

Room 1C available from 8th June, for this and all other room details please see the website.

Cheers Dave

Copy of Trev room 1 (5).jpgCopy of Trev room 1 (3).jpgCopy of Trev room 1 (2).jpgCopy of Trev room 1.jpgCopy of 1 (1).jpgCopy of Trev room 1 (41) copy.jpg

Have some good deals going for June to September, please drop me a line for availability.

Cheers Dave

Detailed Map MAY.jpg