IGNORED

Art on the Hill condo debacle in Pattaya

The Real Pattaya Addict

Er.... yup Will is (was) my point of contact..... oh dear.

I believe that Will's replacement is Marina, having said that her email is bouncing back already...

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i have just gone for the info@matrix email address.....see what happens

Who are you contacting at Matrix?

(Will from customer services quit a week ago FYI). He was fed up with Matrix also ....

Well that explains that problem. Lol

Thank you very much for that bit of information. Very much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

still no contact from Matrix. flights and hotels booked and fingers crossed.

Good luck buddy! Hoping to see everyone at the end of March!

still no contact from Matrix. flights and hotels booked and fingers crossed.

Good luck, hope everything goes well for you. Lets us know what happens there.

Matrix still has not responded to me either (to any email addresses), looks like I will be making a trip soon also.

It seems like matrix really wants to make sure they don't get any repeat buyers or refferals the way they conduct business.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, guys. I've read all 7 pages of this thread, so I think I have an appreciation of how much this developer sucks ;). I have purchased a condo in Grande Caribbean Resort just a few sois over from AOTH on Theppraya Road, due for completion in 4th qtr 2015 (delayed from 2nd qtr 2015). I assume that the title deed transfer process at AOTH has not begun since the last post on Mar 17.

I have a question for those of you who have received keys and subsequently moved in: did any of you make a final or partial payment to Matrix upon receipt of the keys? Can you please specify partial or final in your response?

I find it highly unusual for a developer to issue keys based on 'oral' OR6 occupancy license.

Good luck to you all ;)

Hi, guys. I've read all 7 pages of this thread, so I think I have an appreciation of how much this developer sucks ;). I have purchased a condo in Grande Caribbean Resort just a few sois over from AOTH on Theppraya Road, due for completion in 4th qtr 2015 (delayed from 2nd qtr 2015). I assume that the title deed transfer process at AOTH has not begun since the last post on Mar 17.

I have a question for those of you who have received keys and subsequently moved in: did any of you make a final or partial payment to Matrix upon receipt of the keys? Can you please specify partial or final in your response?

I find it highly unusual for a developer to issue keys based on 'oral' OR6 occupancy license.

Good luck to you all ;)

I fully paid my balance for my unit. That's the condition to obtain the key and be able to move in.

As of now (2nd of April) the gym is not finished though they seem to be in the process of building the room for it. There is still random garbage and construction left overs in the underground parking. I wonder when they clean them.

I had some defects in my unit but they all fixed now. It is very livable and I like it to be honest. If only the gym and area around the swimming pool were finished I would be 100% happy.

Hopefully the docs will be in order eventually. As I see more and more people move in and make improvements to their units. 

My main issues now are:

1) No chanote. Asked yesterday and got the usual bullshit non answer. Nobody knows. They said could be 8 months. This is 100% unacceptable and will see me taking possible legal action against these fucktards.

2) Electric 7 bhat plus per unit until you get the Chanote and then register the meters so you can pay the government rate 3 Bhat per unit

3) Matrix have still not transferred ownership into my company. I have reliable information from a solicitor who dealt with other legal matters for me in the past from 25 plus clients of his all suing Matrix over failure to transfer ownership into their company name / name. {This is a property scam where by the developer saves $$$$$$ on tax}

4) Gym. Nobody has a clue when machines will arrive. Seems nothing actually ordered yet.

Phil

I'd be a bit more confident if I actually saw the OR6 Occupancy license.

I understand it takes time to get the chanote (Title deed)  but OR6 is confirmation that its safe to occupy and Lands Office is processing the title deeds.

Went there last week and plants still not put back in place in Atrium.

I'd be a bit more confident if I actually saw the OR6 Occupancy license.

I understand it takes time to get the chanote (Title deed)  but OR6 is confirmation that its safe to occupy and Lands Office is processing the title deeds.

Went there last week and plants still not put back in place in Atrium.

Actually the plants have been put back in their place last week. Probably not long after you checked them. But from what I understand according to the original architectural design there should be a small store, a small coffee shop and a sitting area with tables and chairs there. I wonder if it ever be implemented.

It feels like a lot of the original features were cut back. If everything was built as promised the place would be fantastic and quite cozy... The public area totally lacks loving. One thing I would do which in my opinion could greatly improve the look and feel of the inner area is put flower boxes on the railing on each floor. Here is a picture which gives an idea:

wood-planter.jpg

The original plan had a Sauna and Jacuzzi as well. I wonder if we can sue these cunts for false advertising?

Apparently most places take 1 or 2 months, 3 MAX for Chanote. I moved in 2 months ago and these cunts are still saying they have no clue but expect 3 to 8 months. Unacceptable.

Vermut12 said: "I fully paid my balance for my unit. That's the condition to obtain the key and be able to move in."

As a reference point, my contract with Blue Sky Developer contains to following (verbatim):

"Assignee" pays the remaining balance in the sum of [50% of purchase price] directly to "Developer" on the transfer of title

date at Chonburi Provisional Land Office at Banglamung.

It seems to me that Matrix has zero motivation to push for title issuance, in fact, just the opposite; the longer they delay, the more money they pocket from the high electric rate, as well as that tax advantage, which I don't understand.

The original plan had a Sauna and Jacuzzi as well. I wonder if we can sue these cunts for false advertising?

Phil, my contract has a clause that basically states that any details provided in any documents/printed materials provided from seller to buyer prior to execution of the contract, which are in conflict with the contract terms/conditions/attachments , then the contract will prevail. My contract has attachments showing the floor plan of my condo, my floor, and the layout of the resort grounds, including all the facilities ( pools, jacuzzi, waterfalls, etc). If your contract doesn't include specific mention of the sauna and jacuzzi, but does have the clause I described, then you're screwed.

Thanks for the updates.... managed to get an answer back on my emails. hopefully do the key handover beginning of May. 

I have management fees etc outstanding only.

Phil, my contract has a clause that basically states that any details provided in any documents/printed materials provided from seller to buyer prior to execution of the contract, which are in conflict with the contract terms/conditions/attachments , then the contract will prevail. My contract has attachments showing the floor plan of my condo, my floor, and the layout of the resort grounds, including all the facilities ( pools, jacuzzi, waterfalls, etc). If your contract doesn't include specific mention of the sauna and jacuzzi, but does have the clause I described, then you're screwed.

I'll let you lead the charge on the Sauna & Jacuzzi Rabbit! It would be awesome to have. It's part of the reason I bought here.

Phil

Phil, just to be clear, as I said in my first post, I am buying a condo at Grande Caribbean Resort from Blue Sky Developers and have no connection to AOTH. The contract clauses I mentioned are with Blue Sky, not Matrix.

Oh ok you went with an actual developer and not a bunch of brainless cunts. My second unit I'm paying off is with Heights Holdings. They seem great. The contract with fucktards r us only has layout for rooms. I asked about the Sauna & Jacuzii which is listed on their website and was told "it was a mistake". Clearly false advertising to draw people in & in any normal country would not happen.

I can't believe how many people have been fucked over on this project, thanks for the update, and the heads up.

After reading some of the shit about these developments in pattaya, I would never dream of buying in Thailand.

I can't believe how many people have been fucked over on this project, thanks for the update, and the heads up.

After reading some of the shit about these developments in pattaya, I would never dream of buying in Thailand.

If you feel uncomfortable buying, then certainly you shouldn't. But, apparently you are employing selective reading that bolster your bias. For example, you seem to have missed this comment by Khawmak on this first page of this topic: "Of the 10 or so off plan projects I looked at before I bought with Matrix all were completed on time except Art on the Hill. Just my luck. " Doesn't sound like rampant scamming to me.

When I read your post, weblo, a comparison sprang to mind. I can't tell you how many times I've read about bars padding customer's bills. Should my reaction be to claim "I would never dream of patronizing a bar in Thailand"?

I try to be careful and situationally aware in bars of any kind, especially if I have no prior experience in a particular establishment. Shouldn't a buyer be even more so when dealing with multi-million baht properties? I did my due diligence with my developer; checking their project history, visiting their ongoing project in pattaya, doing an internet search of all their properties and their company name, looking for red flags. Finding none, I put down a deposit and proceeded to negotiate a price/specific unit. Then there was contract signing day. I poured over each line and page of the contract and attachments, satisfying myself that all was clear and fair. The developer made some adjustments that I pointed out to them, responding to me with professionalism and courtesy. Had I encountered any red flags that were not correctable, I was prepared to walk away and forfeit the deposit. I most certainly would have walked away from Matrix's contract, had it gotten to negotiation stage (which it wouldn't as they wouldn't have passed the due diligence).

Full Disclosure: my career pre-Thailand was as a risk assesment manager for a large defense corp, dealing with large projects and contract negotiations on a continuous basis.

Hopefully the docs will be in order eventually. As I see more and more people move in and make improvements to their units.

Vermut12, what kind of improvements are tenants (note that I didn't say owners, since they have no title deeds) making to the units? I would be concerned because there is no Juristic Association that would be needed to approve modifications. Has Matrix given written consent to the improvements? I know, its a laughable rhetorical question ;)

Vermut12, what kind of improvements are tenants (note that I didn't say owners, since they have no title deeds) making to the units? I would be concerned because there is no Juristic Association that would be needed to approve modifications. Has Matrix given written consent to the improvements? I know, its a laughable rhetorical question ;)

By improvements I mean putting wallpaper, changing kitchenette, putting curtains in their units. That's all I could see through the open doors. I doubt these types of modifications require anyone's permission. They do not alter the structure or the outside appearance of the building.

By the way all structural modifications could have been very easily done during the construction process. You could change the positions of the walls or remove them. Some people bought several adjacent units and obviously removed the inner walls. It's not a big deal really...

By the way all structural modifications could have been very easily done during the construction process. You could change the positions of the walls or remove them. Some people bought several adjacent units and obviously removed the inner walls. It's not a big deal really...

Thanks for that info. At my project, many buyers also bought adjacent units, with wall modifications. These mods were pre-approved in the architectural plans submitted to the Land Department, the developers knowing that this situation would arise. It's not like the wall changes were spur-of-the-moment.

Though I am happy with my unit. I bought it for myself to live in and store my stuff while out of Pattaya. I am not considering it as an investment of any sorts and not planning to sell it in the foreseeable future. 

But if somebody asked for my advice I would tell them that I absolutely see no reason to buy anything off plan in Pattaya. If you are reading it and thinking of buying an off plan project then don't. You do not gain anything but carry tremendous risks. It isn't worth it at all.

In my case I had to wait for 2 extra years. The product I received is more inferior than originally advertised and I hoped for. And the funny thing I paid more in total than some of the people who just bought now. I talked to a guy and he bought a unit in AOTH identical to mine but for about 30% less. It's a good deal for him. He didn't wait. He bought already finished unit.

In fact you can buy ready units of higher quality CHEAPER than some of the off-plan ones 500 meters away. And you already see what's really available. The market is seriously over saturated and sales seem to be very very slow. This info comes from a real-estate agent I know quite well. He told me that since about a year ago the market is in really low gear and to sell anything he has to constantly give good discounts and cut his margins.

Archived