Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Art on the Hill condo debacle in Pattaya

The Real Pattaya Addict

I've been watching this forum for a while now, and I am genuinely sorry that you are all having these issues, its a horrible situation. Are you guys actually paying the balance for your rooms in order to receive your keys, without actually visiting the land office to make the official transfer. If so be very careful, does the project have it's occupational licence? If not, then the developer cannot even apply for individual land title deeds for the rooms. I'm not a buyer in this project but have faced problems in the past with another developer. Good luck everyone, I understand you have all waited a long time for this project,  to get your keys but make sure all permits are in place ask to see the Occupational permit its called OR 6     

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been watching this forum for a while now, and I am genuinely sorry that you are all having these issues, its a horrible situation. Are you guys actually paying the balance for your rooms in order to receive your keys, without actually visiting the land office to make the official transfer. If so be very careful, does the project have it's occupational licence? If not, then the developer cannot even apply for individual land title deeds for the rooms. I'm not a buyer in this project but have faced problems in the past with another developer. Good luck everyone, I understand you have all waited a long time for this project,  to get your keys but make sure all permits are in place ask to see the Occupational permit its called OR 6     

I will be going to the Land Office for sure.

"Noobie" is absolutely right, OR6 should be in place, otherwise Matrix is the sole owner of entire building and not the owners.

Does anyone purchased condo in Pattaya before and have any related experience for the entire process (deed transfer)?

Cheers,

Mike

Subscribed. I'm also in AOTH and the lack of any Internet or TV is so annoying. Plus the bullshit we are being fed by Matrix upper management. Oh and I can vouch for the shoddy workmanship, water leaking out of my wall, plus every thing in the room is the cheapest possible crap they could find. I could go on...

Here is some more info. The (shitty) lights fitted in the roof, I've had to have 3 new lights due to the glass cracking. Since then I've had another three lights explode - yes the glass has cracked such that it falls down and breaks into bits on the ground. Latest was 2 mins ago in my bedroom. Good job I was not there to get injured by the flying glass!! Seems I need to change all 13 light fittings....

Hi All

Is anybody aware of someone who has actually taken legal action and has got a result other than being offered more compensation?

Not sure top cat. Also I just realised I'll have to spend around 8 to 10k changing the "door" Matrix have supplied. Another worthless piece of shit It's so weak a single kick will break through, plus it won't even stay closed unless you lock it as it does not fit 100% right....like most other things in the room!

Hi Phil

I'd really like to find out if there's a law firm out there that can get a result. All i'm getting from lawyers is pay Bht 15,000 for a demand letter and then additional expenses to go all the way. No guarantees. Pretty typical. If someone doesn't want to post this info in this forum, just sms me.

Re doors etc. This is Thailand and unfortunately the quality is not the same as in our countries.I don't imagine that all the furniture in the rooms incl aircon, fridge etc would cost more than Bht 120,000. Some quality good, some not so good.

Having said that, you would expect that a supposedly award winning company like Matrix would be able to guarantee a quality job on the building.

Their customer service is horrible.

My contract is signed by Menahem Haim (Israeli) and Bojan Prorok(Canadien). I havent been able to check with DBD to see if they are still directors of Z.E.Company Limited. Anyone know if they still are.

I've changed all the furnishings already. I'll also change all the light fittings and the front door as well soon. Having to trip out and change kitchen top as can't fit an actual fridge freezer in where it's "meant to go". The Matrix supplied fridge is only good for beer. I've heard that British Law (third road) has many people suing Matrix over failure to transfer your property to your company name. Apparently if they keep in Matrix name for a certain time (think its 5 years) they get off paying some tax. Don't take my word for it I was just there for a marriage and then divorce! Ask them yourself....

Thanks for the feedback Phil. Appreciate it. Let's hope it all pans out in the end.

I hope you guys do get more out of Matrix and yes their customer service is the worst I have ever seen. The quality of the building is another disappointment. The light fixtures exploding is mind boggling.

In regards to more compensation, I believe that once you signed for monthly compensation during construction it excludes you from any additional compensation. But maybe a good lawyer could get around that. I hope you guys win.

Matrix seems to enjoy screwing their clients every chance they can get.

This sounds like a right old nightmare. I haven't heard anything back from Matrix regarding Key handover and compensation collection (no surprises there)...... sent 2 emails and no response. I signed a compensation deal and it does state some about not being able to make another claim.

Just curious if anyone has got as far as actually receiving this compensation? 

Thanks again for your updates gents, they are invaluable to us who are unable to be there yet.

Lots of people being payed since last year for rent as compensation due to the ongoing delays. This will all and by end February so expect a shit storm March 1

Thanks for the efforts of the hand over warriors, much appreciated, keep up the pressure.  Yeah I noticed the doors were a bit dodgy,  you can get good doors in Thailand.  Heights Holdings doors are steel core.  Sounds like your having a real battle there Phil, any chance of putting up some photos of your condo once you have made all the modifications?  I got a few questions.  Is the lift working?  Do you know what the plans are for the coffee shop, hows that going to be run?  Are they going to put in the office facilities next to the reception?  Does anyone know who the builder was and what buildings the have done in the past?  Structurally, I thought the building looks sound, but I'm not an expert, might be a good idea for the body corp to get an independent engineer in down the track to evaluate the whole complex.  In Australia my body corp is constantly doing insurance claims against the builder for building defects.  The contractor Matrix got to do all the funishings is http://www.d-sign-furniture.com/ not sure if it worth trying to chase up quality issues with them directly, might be quicker than going through Matrix.  

I'm not sure they would have paid out any actual money for rent or compensation. They may ,if lucky take off balance remaining for handover.

I know for a fact they have paid 10 million Bhat as of January in compensation (rent) to customers due to the late completion. This will stop by end of February as hand over from 7 Feb. I was due nothing as I bought late and my date for completion in my contract was like April. Check your contract for the date. Of course if your overseas they won't pay rent - only if your living here. Of course it's still a breach of contract so then you could go for a lump sum I'm guessing

Will do Banksy, hopefully it will be done soon. Having a battle currently with kitchen company (not Matrix). They fucked the job up (sink fitted not straight) so needs the top replacing but they trying to get me to accept a half arsed modification which I said no to (three times already).

Thanks for the efforts of the hand over warriors, much appreciated, keep up the pressure.  Yeah I noticed the doors were a bit dodgy,  you can get good doors in Thailand.  Heights Holdings doors are steel core.  Sounds like your having a real battle there Phil, any chance of putting up some photos of your condo once you have made all the modifications?  I got a few questions.  Is the lift working?  Do you know what the plans are for the coffee shop, hows that going to be run?  Are they going to put in the office facilities next to the reception?  Does anyone know who the builder was and what buildings the have done in the past?  Structurally, I thought the building looks sound, but I'm not an expert, might be a good idea for the body corp to get an independent engineer in down the track to evaluate the whole complex.  In Australia my body corp is constantly doing insurance claims against the builder for building defects.  The contractor Matrix got to do all the funishings is http://www.d-sign-furniture.com/ not sure if it worth trying to chase up quality issues with them directly, might be quicker than going through Matrix.  

One lift is working, the other still out due to the water damage caused by gardner. No idea about office, but there will be a coffee shop apparently. Don't know who built AOTH. Structurally the building has lots of likely settlement cracks (only noticed them on the main structure - both in the atrium (patched over recently), and on the outside - been patched before, new ones visible again. The internal walls are not all plumb - has large mirrors fitted and this highlighted how bad the wall was out of alignment. 

I was advised the rooms have 12 month structural warranty and outside 2 years. I am certain we will be needing that warranty! 

It's a pity that Matrix customer service is a total abomination. I know its Thailand but they are REALLY bad. I hope this won't make EVERYTHING a fight. 

Went to condo today. i'm shocked. Entrance is three quarter blocked by bushes I guess to prevent people from entering the demolished atrium. Went to my condo. Everything looked ok inside except airconditioning was going full bore in the bedroom. Lucky I went there or else electricity bill may be huge . There is no way that they have a certificate of occupancy. The atrium is still dug up and roof is still dug up. One lift going but no roof on elevator and protective paper still on lift doors. There's no way this is finished. Bizarre. Attached some photos. I'm looking at Matrix website for Art on The Hill and it isnt close to whats advertised.

They have been testing all the AC units after me finding a problem in my unit. ( I was the first person to move in). Some AC not cold but in my room the lounge AC outlet pipe is blocked in the wall so water leaks from the wall.

Lol I've worked in almost every continent, and so had to live in some right shanty towns. But of course that was work, this is not. It's liveable to be honest as long as you don't mind no internet or TV!

Matrix reputation, and future sales will defiantly take a hit over AOTH though! They need to sort there act out ASAP as most people will be moving in from next month, and the Atrium, roof and gym still all need a lot of work.

I guess so. The rooms are livable but the building is hardly recognisable from what Matrix is advertising.

Archived