Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Art on the Hill condo debacle in Pattaya

The Real Pattaya Addict

Dear all,

I'm a buyer in Art on the Hill in Pattaya and I'm looking looking for other dummies unfortunate buyers in this seemingly never ending project by Matrix Developments to exchange info and possibly form a pressure group to try and get our money back.

It's not only delayed by 1,5 years already but also according to some very believable rumors and reliable info from people I know it seems to have been built in a VERY shoddy manner even by Thai standards - hence the government isn't giving it condo license though the structure seems to have been completed a year ago.

Btw I know several people from another of Matrix never-ending projects - Sunset Boulevard II - that was supposed to be completed in May 2012 so it's now 2 years that it sits there seemingly completed but with no licence so people can't move in for the last 2 years!

Matrix is shafting hundreds of people in these 2 of their projects and as usually the case with Thai developers they give no info whatsoever about the reasons or possible dates of completion! Hundreds of people are simply in the limbo for 2 years with no end in sight! Both building are obviously not built to the standard and the walls of Sunset Boulevard are all in huge cracks!

I know, I know - when in Thailand rent don't buy - and I will surely follow this guideline from now on and won't buy anything larger than a noodle soup in this land of scams - but right now I'm asking people with similar experience for advice. How big (if any) are my chances to get my money back from these scammers? Should i even consider turning to lawyers or - as this is Thailand - I will just get shafted again by them too for another hundred or two thousand baht?

And if there are any other buyers in Art on the Hill reading this or maybe already some sort of pressure group formed - feel free to contact me for joint action against these scumbags. I already know several other people starting legal action against them (most from Sunset Boulevard II).

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!  

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

I also am a victim of the Art on the Hill night mare. Every month you get told next month for sure it will be ready, that has been going on for years now.

Not sure what can be done about it other than wait it out. There is a clause in your contract that allows you a refund if the project is late. 

I would like to hear from you if you have another information or updates on the topic. 

That really sucks , feel for you . 

If there's a clausule in the contract as khawmak says you should be able to get your money back with the help of a lawyer . 

On the other hand Matrix is a big strong Thai company and it will not be easy as a single farang to get lucky . 

The only way i think will be as you say , unite , and sue them together . 

Newspapers are usually not really interested in these stories as these companies bring in a lot of advertisement money . 

Another vote for the" dont by off plan condo" camp,  i wonder those buyers does not read the story's before ..?

Buy what you can see , dont buy computer animated dreams ....... ! :Think1:  New finished still EMPTY condo's enough around !! So why bying off plan ?

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

To answer your question the reason I bought off plan is for investment purposes, not to live in. Most off plan condo projects in Pattaya get completed with no issues. But that being said in business some times you have to take a risk to make money. Of the 10 or so off plan projects I looked at before I bought with Matrix all were completed on time except Art on the Hill. Just my luck.

The contract states you are entitled to a refund of the purchase price if the condo is more than 90 days late. I don't think you will have trouble getting your money back as the price of the condo has gone has gone up considerably and Matrix could resell it for more profit.

I would buy off plan again in Thailand just not with Matrix. Worst customer service ever.

Most of the people that respond here will probably be the type that never bought or will never buy anything. I have bought off plan and been successful but I would be worried now. There seem to be a lot of places and prices are still high but I would worry about the future. I have been proven wrong for many years and I will acknowledge that but I put my money out and was wrong. I am happy about that. I am hanging in waiting mode now. But at my age waiting mode should not be too long. So in the next 2 or 3 years (If I am here) I will probably buy the Last Gasp Dream Condo. It all depends on age, location, and reasons for buying. Do not let the cheap Charlie know it alls that will never buy anything decide for you. They know nothing. The big companies like Kantary Group (building the project next to V.T. 6 in the near future) have research and marketing groups that surpass the naysayers wildest fantasies. They cannot all be wrong. I don't understand it but they probably know something I don't.

Jack

Sorry I got off topic. I hope you find others to help you in your fight and if I talk to anyone in your circumstances I will refer them to you. I know some R.E. people and I will ask them about it.

Jack

Thanks for your insight Jack. I am fairly confident in the market over all. I know a lot of people who have made a lot of money there.

I just don't have much confidence in MATRIX CORPORATION, I would love to hear from any one else that made the mistake of buying Art on the Hill project.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am a victim of the Sunset Boulevard 2 and last info I got was that they will complete mars 2015

I have got an agreement compensation for 15.000 bath for every month / or visit  I stay here

I very disappointment

Last time I visit the site in August they seem to work on the roof

There where barricades so I was not able to look at the swimming pool

In my contract it is an statement that says

In case the Seller is not able to complete and deliver the unit to the Buyer on scheduled time, and

It’s agreed the 180 days of delay will not be considered as a default of the Seller’s part, regardless of any reason whatsoever, the Buyer is entitled to receive a full refund of money paid

DO I have any possibility to get my money back without a long fight ??? 

Owner of Sunset Boulevard 2, condo 705

Hi there,

You are actually quite lucky to be getting compensation.

I don't think you would have trouble getting your money back from Matrix but you will only get back what you paid originally. Matrix would then resell it for a much higher price.

Don't know why or what is the real problem as Art on the Hill has been finished for years but no hand over?? No more communication from them. What a joke.

Let me know how you make out and if you need more help.

Hi there,

You are actually quite lucky to be getting compensation.

I don't think you would have trouble getting your money back from Matrix but you will only get back what you paid originally. Matrix would then resell it for a much higher price.

Don't know why or what is the real problem as Art on the Hill has been finished for years but no hand over?? No more communication from them. What a joke.

Let me know how you make out and if you need more help.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also a buyer in this project and received an e-mail 2 days ago (October 28th) that the project has been finally completed. They asked that I transferred the balance before the end of October (wow... they delayed the project almost 2 years but want me to transfer the funds asap). They also said I could arrange any time to pick up my keys and check if my unit was okay.

Has anybody who bought a unit there checked it already? I am not in Pattaya right now and will only be able to visit approximately in January and not able to go check if it has been indeed completed myself. So looking for people who are on the spot able to confirm everything is fine.

I personally want to make sure that the units have everything that is specified in the inventory list with the contract. I.e. all the furniture, TVs, air cons, mirrors and so on. I am not feeling comfortable transferring the balance as I am sure I will not be able to make them fix anything after I do that.

Ha, that is interesting that you got an email as I did not get one yet.

At any rate I have an agent there that I trust who is taking care of this for me. I will let you know when he gives it the all clear.

I have read over my contract and it says the transfer has to take within 3 months of written notice of completion. Don't let them rush you has they have been giving us the run around for YEARS now. I sudjest you look over your contract to see where you stand.

I still have not received an email yet about completion. But I will post once I do and my agent confirms all is well.

Matrix has a web site that has construction updates showing every thing is installed over a year ago but it is better to confirm this in person.

Any updates on the status of your condo on Art on the Hill?

Hi there.

I got message yesterday from my property conasultant that it should be ready by the end of this year, aprox 2 months.

I don't know actually who in matrix he talked to.

I do hope it is true this time, Matrix has been telling everyone for more than two years that it will be done in a month or two. 5555. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Please let me know if you hear anything else or confirmation you got your unit.

Thanks

I do hope it is true this time, Matrix has been telling everyone for more than two years that it will be done in a month or two. 5555. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Please let me know if you hear anything else or confirmation you got your unit.

Thanks

I will go there and have a look tomorrow, I'll post a update after I talk with them.

That is great, I hope you have better luck talking to them than I did.

I always get the same old lines"we are waiting for paper work approval/sign off" and " it will be ready next month" been getting that one for years.

Worst customer service ever, they never send out any updates on their own. You have to take the initiative and then they either lie to you or ignore you. Very professional bunch.

That is great, I hope you have better luck talking to them than I did.

I always get the same old lines"we are waiting for paper work approval/sign off" and " it will be ready next month" been getting that one for years.

Worst customer service ever, they never send out any updates on their own. You have to take the initiative and then they either lie to you or ignore you. Very professional bunch.

I probably got the same answer you did then, they told me they are waiting for paperwork and it would be ready in a month and a half. I took a lot of photos, but using tapatalk on my phone and it's not great for uploading pictures

uploadfromtaptalk1415691918665.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1415691970501.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1415692019828.jpg

Nice photos! 

Does the gym looks completed as well?

Indeed, Matrix was getting into that mantra: "another month... another month..."

Very dishonest enterprise and seems that all of those buyers are just waiting for a miracle.

Thank you very much for the update and pictures. I hope this time it is true that it will be handed over to us in the next month or so.

The strangest thing to see the condo being completed with even the pool on the roof being full for years and not being handed over. matrix must have really pissed some one off in the government.

Please let me know of any other developments.

Nice photos!

Does the gym looks completed as well?

Indeed, Matrix was getting into that mantra: "another month... another month..."

Very dishonest enterprise and seems that all of those buyers are just waiting for a miracle.

Sorry mate, did not see the gym. Isn't it supposed to stay on the top floor?

Archived