Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Art on the Hill condo debacle in Pattaya

The Real Pattaya Addict

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

title-deed.gif

A chanote is one page and two sides. It is entirely in Thai. There is no mention of the sinking fund on it as far as I know.

Basically a chanote describes the property showing the address and the floor plan and the surface area. On the back it shows who owns it now and previously, also any liens that may be applicable to it (mortgages, leases etc.).

Besides the above document I also received a bluebook that has the condo address on the1st page and then additional pages to identify Thais that are living in the condo.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Oukiva said:

You are wrong again. The Manager has not the power to chose/decide; the decision for big bills comes from the Committee. The Manager role is only to "run" the condo daily and to follow the Committee decisions.

Of course the manager doesnt decide. But if the typical witless committee is only given a choice of quotes that have all been artificially inflated they wont know any better and will just pick one of them. Then the inflated part will be shared out amongst the scammers. That's how this particular scam works all over the world, not just here. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a dreamer.

1 hour ago, Oukiva said:

BTW why do you live in Thailand? Must be very painful for you to think all the time that every Thai people to meet - or are in relation with - will try to rob you or scam you!

Not a problem for me, and it certainly doesnt cause me the slightest pain.

1 hour ago, supergeil said:

Do you know which program you are using?

And does it do more than just accounting?

As far as I know the most common software used in Thai condos is Softbizplus. It is not exactly state of the art.

http://www.softbizplus.com/

50 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Besides the above document I also received a bluebook that has the condo address on the1st page and then additional pages to identify Thais that are living in the condo.

Thanks.... that's the document they sent a photo of to me..... so all this time they have my chanote but are telling me they have lost it and i need to fly to Thailand and sign for it again. I can see from the document that the measurements are different on the chanote to what is written in my contract. 

Thanks again for all you help, much appreciated 

1 hour ago, whooshbang said:

Thanks.... that's the document they sent a photo of to me..... so all this time they have my chanote but are telling me they have lost it and i need to fly to Thailand and sign for it again. I can see from the document that the measurements are different on the chanote to what is written in my contract. 

Thanks again for all you help, much appreciated 

The photo they sent may not be of your chanote but someone else’s. :rolleyes:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

You don't need to come to Thailand to sign it thay can send it it you and you can sign it and send it back you don't need to sign it in the presence of a Thai  Attorney or in Thailand

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 1 month later...
On 8.3.2018 at 13:35, supergeil said:

We manage all this data via Google Sheets although I have made a web frontend for our building manager to issue receipts, debit notes, and invoices, plus the co-owners can log in to see their balance and billing history.

But I am considering writing a complete system because there is some data duplication in our spreadsheets, and there are a few things which are harder to enforce without a custom system.

...and when you are getting hit by the bus, who will manage all of that stuff? Better to rely the commercial software as now you're making yourself a single point of failure.

4 hours ago, jpmelville said:

...and when you are getting hit by the bus, who will manage all of that stuff? Better to rely the commercial software as now you're making yourself a single point of failure.

And that is one of the reasons I based it all on Google Sheets: If I get hit by a bus, the system will still run fine, but should the building manager decide it’s no longer adequate (and I’m not there to make desired changes), they still have access to all the raw data in the form of Google Sheets which can be worked with as-is or downloaded as Excel spreadsheets.

On 20/04/2018 at 04:21, supergeil said:

And that is one of the reasons I based it all on Google Sheets: If I get hit by a bus, the system will still run fine, but should the building manager decide it’s no longer adequate (and I’m not there to make desired changes), they still have access to all the raw data in the form of Google Sheets which can be worked with as-is or downloaded as Excel spreadsheets.

I wonder how you have arranged things so that users cant alter previous entries without leaving an obvious trail? I would consider this to be vitally important. Accounting software like Softbizplus can record all changes to previous entries and can output them in a way that makes it very obvious if something has been changed. Of course you still do need someone to actually monitor that output, and that someone needs to have a working brain and not be in bed with whomever made the changes.

8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I wonder how you have arranged things so that users cant alter previous entries without leaving an obvious trail? […]

Each spreadsheet can have multiple users, and you can set granular read/write access for these users.

So e.g. our building manager can read the sheet with receipts, but cannot write to it. If they want to correct an already issued receipt, they need to use the web interface to nullify the old receipt and issue a new one (the web interface holds an access token that allows appending to the sheet).

I have just checked this topic again. I am also a condo owner in the AOTH. And I also received a letter asking me to pay additional amount to the sinking fund. But it was just 100 baht. It’s a pretty insignificant sum so I didn’t think too much of it. 12000 baht is a different story.

Archived