Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Art on the Hill condo debacle in Pattaya

The Real Pattaya Addict

Hello All. 

Just stumbled across this thread. I'm also in the very same situation. I was in Thailand for 5 months January to June 2014 and constantly chasing up my condo having bought it off plan in late 2011.

They got fed up of my (polite) moaning and frequent visits to the office and offered me a compensation agreement in January and backdated it to October 2013......oh... sound good!

Anyway... had to return to UK for work in May so i went to Matrix office to try for a full refund (just to test the water).... was told this is not possible due to signing the compensation agreement..... I am not too bothered about this as 10000thb per month will come in handy for my next trip. What does worry me is if they will even pay the compensation out given the excuses and yarn they seem to spin so well.

I just wanted this condo for holidaying in my downtime.... suppose to be stress release but for nearly 3 years it's been the exact opposite.

All i can say is i hope they honour their agreement and we can all live there as one happy family.

I have cancelled any further visits to Thailand until i get the magic email from Matrix (i'm done wasting my time and money)

The last email i received (after much chasing) was beginning of December stating that that 2 of the 3 documents are signed and t5he rest will be completed January 2015.

Wish i could join you all for coffee. thanks to the original poster and all that have contributed.... its great to find people in the same boat (if you know what i mean).

Cheers

Dave

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello All. 

Just stumbled across this thread. I'm also in the very same situation. I was in Thailand for 5 months January to June 2014 and constantly chasing up my condo having bought it off plan in late 2011.

They got fed up of my (polite) moaning and frequent visits to the office and offered me a compensation agreement in January and backdated it to October 2013......oh... sound good!

Anyway... had to return to UK for work in May so i went to Matrix office to try for a full refund (just to test the water).... was told this is not possible due to signing the compensation agreement..... I am not too bothered about this as 10000thb per month will come in handy for my next trip. What does worry me is if they will even pay the compensation out given the excuses and yarn they seem to spin so well.

I just wanted this condo for holidaying in my downtime.... suppose to be stress release but for nearly 3 years it's been the exact opposite.

All i can say is i hope they honour their agreement and we can all live there as one happy family.

I have cancelled any further visits to Thailand until i get the magic email from Matrix (i'm done wasting my time and money)

The last email i received (after much chasing) was beginning of December stating that that 2 of the 3 documents are signed and t5he rest will be completed January 2015.

Wish i could join you all for coffee. thanks to the original poster and all that have contributed.... its great to find people in the same boat (if you know what i mean).

Cheers

Dave

Hi everyone

Called in to condo on friday and found out that the city hall did inspection of condo on thursday 30.01.15 . They handed matrix a punch list that they want complete by 05.02.15. Beer the girl that is in charge of our condo and has office in our condo said city hall will be back on the 06.02.15 to check punch list, If this is all true MAYBE just MAYBE we might move in around the 15.02.15. But they have some work to do , it is still a mess in some areas. Up top needs a lot of work. I took some photos but i cannot find where to attach these into this forum

If i hear any more i will let everyone know

Regards Jack

Hi again everyone
Here is an email i recieved this morning from Will at Matrix. Maybe Just Maybe getting close

Please be informed, i just talked to Mr. Raz since morning (Director), he said that Art On The Hill  will be ready to move in next week.

Anyway i need to wait the official letter about occupancy date of Art On The Hill from Mr. Raz first then i will let you know again.

Remark: i already prepare payment for your accommodationarrow-10x10.png for February 2015.

Sorry for your inconvenience,

Best Regards,
WILL

post-143239-0-12414200-1422871059_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone

Called in to condo on friday and found out that the city hall did inspection of condo on thursday 30.01.15 . They handed matrix a punch list that they want complete by 05.02.15. Beer the girl that is in charge of our condo and has office in our condo said city hall will be back on the 06.02.15 to check punch list, If this is all true MAYBE just MAYBE we might move in around the 15.02.15. But they have some work to do , it is still a mess in some areas. Up top needs a lot of work. I took some photos but i cannot find where to attach these into this forum

If i hear any more i will let everyone know

Regards Jack

Thanks Jack, wonderful news!

Hello, everyone. I have a very good news!

I've just recieved a letter from matrix that they are ready to give me the key of my condo (AOTH).

Congartulation to everyone!

=)

Hello, everyone. I have a very good news!

I've just recieved a letter from matrix that they are ready to give me the key of my condo (AOTH).

Congartulation to everyone!

=)

Amazing! Anyone else received the same confirmation?

Hello All, 

I to have received confirmation today that my unit is ready and i have been asked to arrange a date for hand over of key.

This is great news obviously. i will be heading out beginning of April. 

I have yet to hear anything from them, maybe my unit is not ready or I gave them to much greif. 555

Hi Guys

I called into Matrix yesterday and talked to Will. He informed me that all letters are and will be sent out now, so it is coming. I am here and i have not got my letter yet. but they have some defects to correct in my condo. The sliding door at lounge and balcony does not lock, there is a bad scratch on tile in bedroom that will need replacing, black marks on sliding mirror door in bedroom that wont come off, chipped inside cupboard door in the bathroom. Also check your drains and fall of water in shower and any leaks under both sinks. So even though they say we can move in they wont let us till they fix any defects required i would guess. But all in all great news we should be in within the next two weeks. Ye ha. Looking forward to meeting everyone

Regards Jack and Noi

Hi Guys

I called into Matrix yesterday and talked to Will. He informed me that all letters are and will be sent out now, so it is coming. I am here and i have not got my letter yet. but they have some defects to correct in my condo. The sliding door at lounge and balcony does not lock, there is a bad scratch on tile in bedroom that will need replacing, black marks on sliding mirror door in bedroom that wont come off, chipped inside cupboard door in the bathroom. Also check your drains and fall of water in shower and any leaks under both sinks. So even though they say we can move in they wont let us till they fix any defects required i would guess. But all in all great news we should be in within the next two weeks. Ye ha. Looking forward to meeting everyone

Regards Jack and Noi

Hello Jack!

I also just received my letter from Will at Matrix stating that as of February 7, 2015 Art on the Hill owners are welcome to collect the key and to pay all outstanding balances.

Amazing! After 3 years we are finally will have our condo ready! Very happy indeed.

Hello Jack!

I also just received my letter from Will at Matrix stating that as of February 7, 2015 Art on the Hill owners are welcome to collect the key and to pay all outstanding balances.

Amazing! After 3 years we are finally will have our condo ready! Very happy indeed.

Hey everyone

We are having our handover of key today. Now while this is great there are some problems. I met an englishman called Phil who has been allowed to move in. Now the last document has still not been signed but matrix say that they have been given a verbal that this will be signed soon. Phil is trying to get internet on and he wants a fast internet not the normal phone line internet that we can only get normal to slow speed on. So he want to use CAT who will haul cable from box out side and into his unit. CAT need matrix to yes to proceed but no one at matrix will make that call. Matrix have said that they want everyone in condo to meet and pick an internet server, that could take one year. Phil also said TV is crap , he has only 3 channels all thai. The problem i found yesterday when Phil and myself were at matrix is that there is no one that can make a call and solve these problems. Phil cant even be given a remote control for air con because they cant find them. I noticed in our condo that there is two floor tiles chipped and i asked the engineer can he fix and he informed me that there are no more tiles. So i see a shit fight coming with some of our condo units. Matrix actually lied to me on Saturday , I  found out that some people were moving in on Saturday or Sunday and when i sent a email to Will and Lee they both said that it is not true. How stupid do they think we are, do they not realize we are around there nearly everyday. I dont want to move in just yet because matrix are useless. We are intalling curtains , Flyscreens and door, some mirrors and some more cupb oards this week so if anyone wants some phone numbers for these sort of work let me know when you move in because they are not bad on price. I think the more people that move in soon the more pressure we will be able to put on matrix to organize themselves 

Oh and all of downstairs in the coffee shop garden and above the coffee shop has been ripped up and i asked June (who is in charge of our condo) what are you replacing the garden with , she sais she is not sure. Man they just keep bullshitting to us. I will add photo of these works

Will keep you all informed 

Regards Jack and Noi

Hi Jack,

Thank you very much for your updates keeping those out of the country as well as local informed.

It is great news that people are getting their keys and moving in. I am having problems even doing that.

Unfortunate about the remotes and tiles issue, it will be interesting to see how many other issues arise over the next month or two.

Again thank you for the updates.

I have visited my unit today again. There is no TV or fridge inside. I was told that because all the doors are kept unlocked they do not bring in the equipment that can easily been stolen. To my question how soon this equipment can be installed in my room I was told: End of February.

As Jack has already mentioned they tore down the whole area in the inner yard. And while I was there they were continuing to tear down the concrete with jackhammers. So there is a very loud construction noise there and the dust is all over the place. It's unlikely one can stay there peacefully during the day. I was told that there was some leakage downstairs and mildew was forming in places. The girl showing me the building was also not sure what they were going to replace it with. I saw some people already moved inside and live there. But because of the noise it's not very comfortable during the day.

Upstairs the pool area is also not finished. There are no tiles there. I asked the girl what they were going to put there and when. She said she was not sure but probably they would leave it like that. It's very weird if they really plan on leaving it like that as the pool edges are raised above the floor level. And the edges are quite sharp. If somebody falls there because of the slippery floor that may lead to a serious injury.

There is no gym still. And when I was there I didn't see anybody working on it yet. I asked the girl when it would be finished and she said: maybe end of February. So as of now you cannot comfortably use the swimming pool or the area around it.

I also asked her about electric and water meters. She said right now the electricity will be charged by the condominium at the rate of 7.5 baht. But we can make individual contracts with the electricity company and get government rate.

The main problem I experience during these meetings is that these helper girls from matrix can never give clear answers to many of my questions. They seem to be absolutely clueless of what's going on there. I asked about the transfer of property rights and how long it takes. What was needed to get a government electric meter. What if I want to install internet cable and so on. She just does not know anything.

It's so unprofessional that it pisses me off really. Is there a single person in their office who can give clear answers to questions?

Here are the pictures of the base floor being torn down

IMG_4385.JPG

IMG_4386.JPG

Bloody hell that's practically a construction site :Grin3: . Thanks Jack and Vermut12. Your updates are much appreciated. I am waiting to hear back from Matrix via email as i'd like to get a few things straight (if that's even possible) before i spend £800+ on a flight and take precious time off work.

It sounds like it's still very much up in air.

Wish everyone the best of luck over the coming weeks/months

Dave

Just bizarre that they couldn't get all this sorted out in the last 2 years when virtually nothing has been done. And city hall have only now just bothered to turn up. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in oz working, so won't be able to join in on the handover action. But it would be great if we can produce a list of things that could be improved on the project and put the pressure on matrix. They look like they will be around for some time, so we deserve to have the project meet our expectations. The atrium floor was a shocker, so good to see that's being replaced. As for the roof, I agree around the pool needs some finishing off. In the original plan looked like it was just a concrete roof, so not sure if we can get them to tile it, however they should provide us with tables and chairs and umbrellas, etc.

I have visited my unit today again. There is no TV or fridge inside. I was told that because all the doors are kept unlocked they do not bring in the equipment that can easily been stolen. To my question how soon this equipment can be installed in my room I was told: End of February.

As Jack has already mentioned they tore down the whole area in the inner yard. And while I was there they were continuing to tear down the concrete with jackhammers. So there is a very loud construction noise there and the dust is all over the place. It's unlikely one can stay there peacefully during the day. I was told that there was some leakage downstairs and mildew was forming in places. The girl showing me the building was also not sure what they were going to replace it with. I saw some people already moved inside and live there. But because of the noise it's not very comfortable during the day.

Upstairs the pool area is also not finished. There are no tiles there. I asked the girl what they were going to put there and when. She said she was not sure but probably they would leave it like that. It's very weird if they really plan on leaving it like that as the pool edges are raised above the floor level. And the edges are quite sharp. If somebody falls there because of the slippery floor that may lead to a serious injury.

There is no gym still. And when I was there I didn't see anybody working on it yet. I asked the girl when it would be finished and she said: maybe end of February. So as of now you cannot comfortably use the swimming pool or the area around it.

I also asked her about electric and water meters. She said right now the electricity will be charged by the condominium at the rate of 7.5 baht. But we can make individual contracts with the electricity company and get government rate.

The main problem I experience during these meetings is that these helper girls from matrix can never give clear answers to many of my questions. They seem to be absolutely clueless of what's going on there. I asked about the transfer of property rights and how long it takes. What was needed to get a government electric meter. What if I want to install internet cable and so on. She just does not know anything.

It's so unprofessional that it pisses me off really. Is there a single person in their office who can give clear answers to questions?

Here are the pictures of the base floor being torn down

attachicon.gifIMG_4385.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4386.JPG

Thank you so much for an update!

Sad to see this "work in progress" again...

Hoping that all of us will get together in upcoming months and demand things at AOH to be done properly, including pool area tiles, gym and the inner yard.  

Just bizarre that they couldn't get all this sorted out in the last 2 years when virtually nothing has been done. And city hall have only now just bothered to turn up. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in oz working, so won't be able to join in on the handover action. But it would be great if we can produce a list of things that could be improved on the project and put the pressure on matrix. They look like they will be around for some time, so we deserve to have the project meet our expectations. The atrium floor was a shocker, so good to see that's being replaced. As for the roof, I agree around the pool needs some finishing off. In the original plan looked like it was just a concrete roof, so not sure if we can get them to tile it, however they should provide us with tables and chairs and umbrellas, etc.

Hi everyone

Have question for you guys. Iam told that we have to pay 7 baht per unit for elecdtricity because the condo is not in our name yet. This is twice the amount we should be paying.Matrix said that until they take us to land office we have to pay electricity at 7 baht per unit instead of 3 point something . Matrix inform me it could take 2 to 3 months befor they take us to land office, my worry is what if matrix take longer to do this we could be paying way more for a way longer period if we go on matrix record of completing things. Electricity company will recieve the firswt 3 . 3 or 3. 4 baht per unit but who is recieving the rest Matrix or the company running our condo, either way it could be anywhere from 400 to 1000 baht a month depending how much you use. We own our condos why should we pay electricity as if we are renting or is this what happens at all new condos or is matrix taking the piss out of us again. I am going to try and see this bloke called Raz today about this but would like like some input from you guys before i go make a fool of myself

Please let me know what you think

Regards Jack 

Hi everyone

Have question for you guys. Iam told that we have to pay 7 baht per unit for elecdtricity because the condo is not in our name yet. This is twice the amount we should be paying.Matrix said that until they take us to land office we have to pay electricity at 7 baht per unit instead of 3 point something . Matrix inform me it could take 2 to 3 months befor they take us to land office, my worry is what if matrix take longer to do this we could be paying way more for a way longer period if we go on matrix record of completing things. Electricity company will recieve the firswt 3 . 3 or 3. 4 baht per unit but who is recieving the rest Matrix or the company running our condo, either way it could be anywhere from 400 to 1000 baht a month depending how much you use. We own our condos why should we pay electricity as if we are renting or is this what happens at all new condos or is matrix taking the piss out of us again. I am going to try and see this bloke called Raz today about this but would like like some input from you guys before i go make a fool of myself

Regards Jack 

Hello

I am told that anyone who will have condo in thai company name beware. Matrix are not changing it in to the company name and hoping everyone with thai company name does not check this. It stays in Matrix name and if they keep it in matrix name for 5 yesars they get a shit load of tax back. Was told around 20 people are in court now suing matrix. So beware when they take us to land office , we need to see that they have our thai company being used. Also any thoughts on the electricity ?

Hi All

I also purchased a condo in Art on the Hill. Re Thai Co Name. I'm pretty sure you cant put in company until you have the title deed. Re electricity - I have a business here in Pattaya and as a company, the electricity is charged at a slightly higher rate. This won't change until you get title deed (up to eight months) and change yourself. Company we pay 4.5 and private 4.3 incl 7% vat. Certainly not 7. It's the same for water charges. We had the same problem when we purchased a townhouse. Funny enough , after we picked up the title deed and the keys, we returned to the townhouse only to find jackhammers going in bathroom and 3 workers ripping off tiles. Seems they moved in to do last minute changes straight after we did our final inspection that morning. I was shocked. This Art on the Hill debacle has been a nightmare. I've been here 4 years and the saying "Mai Pen Rai" or "its ok. Don't worry. Can do later" just blows me away.

Dear All,

I am glad I stumbled across this forum. I too bought a unit in 2012 and never regretted more.

Told Excuses or lies

April 2013 – due to labour shortage, the project was delayed.

Aug 2013 – March 2014 – was told the building is ready but they are waiting for government's approval.

April  2014 onwards – political unrest.

When I asked for my money back, I was then offered a compensation of 10'000 THB/month from October 2013 onwards till the handover of keys. I told them the compensation was too little (for all our wasted efforts and time chasing after them).

But If I want to get  a full  refund, I need to take to RAZ but he is on vacation during the songkran festivities but he is informed and will contact me upon his return.

Of course I did not hear from them till I contacted them again in May.

May 28, 2014, RAZ wrote to me and offered me a compensation of THB 150'000. When I again mentioned that I would like a refund, it was silence again till end Aug/Sept when RAZ wrote to me asking if I am coming to Pattaya in order that we can resolve this matter.

October 2014 –We arrived in RAZ’s office at the time and date that he requested.

BIG SURPRISE -When we arrived, he asked us who we are and what we are there for. We explained that we bought a unit at Art on the hill and he set up the meeting with us. In which he replied he has tons of people wanting to see him all the time and he cannot know each and every case.

He gave all sorts of reason like how Joe / the one who sold me the apartment cheated and left the company, The project was luckily finished now and waiting for flatowner's inspection and key handover after a month - as he said standard procedure. And Matrix is being generous being the only company offering compensation for delayed project finish.

At the same time, Art on the Hill is ready for handover and a  letter was sent out to all owners in October 2014. When I mentioned that I did not receive any letter, he did not believe me and had his customer service verify by checking all correspondence. Marina/Customer confirmed to him that I was indeed not on their mailing list and subsequently provided me with a copy of the letter with  an invoice to pay my full remaining bill ex-compensation.

When I asked what about the promised compensation, he again very rudely said I am not entitled to ANY compensation because I did not sign any agreement contrary to what he mentioned earlier.

When I asked what if I still want my money back, he very loudly and rudely told me, then you can get a lawyer and we will fight it out in court and Matrix will win.  

Well we inspected the flat with Marina and the engineer after our meeting, noted the defects and reparis to be done and was told after repairs, within a month the flat should be ready for moving in.

4 months later, Feb 2015, I was told by WiLL that the flat should be ready soon but awaiting the official letter from the authority. And if he could set up a meetting for me to meet RAZ to discuss any matters especially the compensation. I told them instead of RAz, I would like to meet their CEO, and if he can arrange for a meeting for me, I received the letter of the key handover on Feb 8th, but no mentioned whatsoever of when the CEO of Matrix can meet up with me.

We will be in Pattaya the last week of March and would really love to meet up with fellow buyers for their feddback, advises, opinions and especially those 20 over persons who have filed lawsuits against them.

Dear All,

I am glad I stumbled across this forum. I too bought a unit in 2012 and never regretted more.

Told Excuses or lies

April 2013 – due to labour shortage, the project was delayed.

Aug 2013 – March 2014 – was told the building is ready but they are waiting for government's approval.

April  2014 onwards – political unrest.

When I asked for my money back, I was then offered a compensation of 10'000 THB/month from October 2013 onwards till the handover of keys. I told them the compensation was too little (for all our wasted efforts and time chasing after them).

But If I want to get  a full  refund, I need to take to RAZ but he is on vacation during the songkran festivities but he is informed and will contact me upon his return.

Of course I did not hear from them till I contacted them again in May.

May 28, 2014, RAZ wrote to me and offered me a compensation of THB 150'000. When I again mentioned that I would like a refund, it was silence again till end Aug/Sept when RAZ wrote to me asking if I am coming to Pattaya in order that we can resolve this matter.

October 2014 –We arrived in RAZ’s office at the time and date that he requested.

BIG SURPRISE -When we arrived, he asked us who we are and what we are there for. We explained that we bought a unit at Art on the hill and he set up the meeting with us. In which he replied he has tons of people wanting to see him all the time and he cannot know each and every case.

He gave all sorts of reason like how Joe / the one who sold me the apartment cheated and left the company, The project was luckily finished now and waiting for flatowner's inspection and key handover after a month - as he said standard procedure. And Matrix is being generous being the only company offering compensation for delayed project finish.

At the same time, Art on the Hill is ready for handover and a  letter was sent out to all owners in October 2014. When I mentioned that I did not receive any letter, he did not believe me and had his customer service verify by checking all correspondence. Marina/Customer confirmed to him that I was indeed not on their mailing list and subsequently provided me with a copy of the letter with  an invoice to pay my full remaining bill ex-compensation.

When I asked what about the promised compensation, he again very rudely said I am not entitled to ANY compensation because I did not sign any agreement contrary to what he mentioned earlier.

When I asked what if I still want my money back, he very loudly and rudely told me, then you can get a lawyer and we will fight it out in court and Matrix will win.  

Well we inspected the flat with Marina and the engineer after our meeting, noted the defects and reparis to be done and was told after repairs, within a month the flat should be ready for moving in.

4 months later, Feb 2015, I was told by WiLL that the flat should be ready soon but awaiting the official letter from the authority. And if he could set up a meetting for me to meet RAZ to discuss any matters especially the compensation. I told them instead of RAz, I would like to meet their CEO, and if he can arrange for a meeting for me, I received the letter of the key handover on Feb 8th, but no mentioned whatsoever of when the CEO of Matrix can meet up with me.

We will be in Pattaya the last week of March and would really love to meet up with fellow buyers for their feddback, advises, opinions and especially those 20 over persons who have filed lawsuits against them.

Wow,

We all made a mistake with this project and indeed this will affect Matrix reputation and future sales.

Some of my friends already departed from that crazy idea of buying anything from "Matrix".

"We build our promises" slogan should be more like "We screw our customers"

Gladly, we are communicating and sharing this most valuable information regarding Art on the Hill progression...

Hi everyone

Regards Jack 

Hello Jack,

Could you please take some photos for all of us?

We're all wondering what is exactly happening with the inner yard and the roof top?

Thank you in advance!

Mike

Hello Jack,

Could you please take some photos for all of us?

We're all wondering what is exactly happening with the inner yard and the roof top?

Thank you in advance!

Mike

Hi everyone

Matrix will not tell us what they are going place in coffee shop area. Pool area still the same as the photos above. Myself and Phil another condo owner fronted Raz yesterday ( what a prick of a man this Raz is ) We want permission to install cable for internet into our own condos but this Raz is saying they might go with WIFI.  Raz says we have to wait for condo commitee to be named before any decision can be made about internet. Bullshit .   WIFI is no good for anyone it will be so slow and not secure . The coffee shop area and pool area is the normal for WIFI not in our condo ROOMSarrow-10x10.png, We have android box which is a media box for sport and movies but that will not work on WIFI. We said that we are willing to pay for optical fibre from main point downstairs into rooms which is around 3000 bht. Raz changes his story when it suits because near the end of our conversation he said he is checking with all comms companies to see who will have best signal. More like who will be the cheapest for them if you know what i mean. I also have true vision on and signed a six month contract after talking to Will and asking can we use true vision at AOTH. Raz said to me just cancel it , raz said he did. I said but i have signed a contract for 6 months  and he said dont worry about that just stop paying , she will be right. Now i am supposed to trust this man. for one i dont want to cancel and second how dare he tell me what i can and cannot watch. If we want better internet and are willing to pay for our own separate line what business is it of his. Unless there is something underhanded involed. Poor Phil has water coming out his lounge room wall where the aircon is. They are breaking down his wall to fix the problem. LOVELY. Now we are worried more aircons are the same and we wont find out ths problem until you run the aircon for a few hours which i have not tried yet due to the fact we have our own handymen working on things in our condo for us. On thing Raz said  that got me angry was that he has done us a favour by handing keys over early. I said EARLY EARLY %*%# EARLY are you joking. What a wanker. 

I have had enough of Matrix

Archived