Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Art on the Hill condo debacle in Pattaya

The Real Pattaya Addict

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent photos! Thank you!

Indeed, gym should be right beside the swimming pool.

Well, seems that the entrance reception is not done as of yet and the rooftop still lucking any tiles...

Unless this project is "done" as is. 

• 4 weeks later...

Dear all,

I'm a buyer in Art on the Hill in Pattaya and I'm looking looking for other dummies unfortunate buyers in this seemingly never ending project by Matrix Developments to exchange info and possibly form a pressure group to try and get our money back.

It's not only delayed by 1,5 years already but also according to some very believable rumors and reliable info from people I know it seems to have been built in a VERY shoddy manner even by Thai standards - hence the government isn't giving it condo license though the structure seems to have been completed a year ago.

Btw I know several people from another of Matrix never-ending projects - Sunset Boulevard II - that was supposed to be completed in May 2012 so it's now 2 years that it sits there seemingly completed but with no licence so people can't move in for the last 2 years!

Matrix is shafting hundreds of people in these 2 of their projects and as usually the case with Thai developers they give no info whatsoever about the reasons or possible dates of completion! Hundreds of people are simply in the limbo for 2 years with no end in sight! Both building are obviously not built to the standard and the walls of Sunset Boulevard are all in huge cracks!

I know, I know - when in Thailand rent don't buy - and I will surely follow this guideline from now on and won't buy anything larger than a noodle soup in this land of scams - but right now I'm asking people with similar experience for advice. How big (if any) are my chances to get my money back from these scammers? Should i even consider turning to lawyers or - as this is Thailand - I will just get shafted again by them too for another hundred or two thousand baht?

And if there are any other buyers in Art on the Hill reading this or maybe already some sort of pressure group formed - feel free to contact me for joint action against these scumbags. I already know several other people starting legal action against them (most from Sunset Boulevard II).

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!  

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article

Hi. We also have a condo in Art on the Hill. In our contract it has the clause of 180 days after completion we can ask for money back. Our contract to move in says June 2014. So if you count the 180   days that means we can ask for money back now. We would love to get as many people as possible together and really put some pressure on matrix. I dont know about anyone else but we are staying in Jomtien where matrix are paying for accommodation and have been since we arrived in late August because matrix said we will be moving into condo in September. But it so hard to get internet and some better cable TV  into this condo where we are staying becase Matix dont own it. We could try but each month Matrix say not long now. Each month is the same matrix say yep not long now. the latest we have is end of year to move in , which means may be late January. Matrix have said to me that the problem is the safety cert and that the government wont sign. Well why dont matrix finish the work required?. In the contract just under where it mentions the 180 days it also says that matrix will not give money back if In the event the condo shall not be completed by the above mentioned time frame due to force majeure, such as delay in getting needed licences from the authorities, act of god rallies political upheavell ect which are above and beyond their control. Well I think we have a leg to stand on because i think matrix have not completed the condo hench the safety cert not being signed. Bottom line is looking at what is being said in this forum Matrix have not completed woks on Art on the Hill. We were there last monday the Gym is not complete , the foyer is not complete and the coffee shop not complete. So no wonder the Gov wont sign safety Cert. Would love to here from any other owners of Art on the Hill and catch up for a coffee somewhere and maybe hire a Lawyer if Matrix dont pull their finger out. Regards Jack PH 0971656718

Hi there, as I stated earlier in this thread I am also a victim of Matrix's monkey business.

In my opinion there is a bigger problem for Matrix to get their paper work approved than just finishing the last little things. The condo has been basically done for well over a year at this point and is about two years late. Something really went wrong with this project. You are lucky to be getting compensation as I am not. Matrix just out right lies to us every month for years.

I am not in Thailand right now but would love to be part of your group to put some pressure on them.

When I visited Matrix in July I had a conversation with its current CEO mr. Raz Shah (I think I spelled it correctly). He told me the following story. That when the construction of Art on the Hill only began the CEO was some guy Tony. He was either the main engineer or the architect. And all the permitting documents were in his name. Well this guy went for a trip to the Philippines and while there he had a heart attack and passed away.

As mr. Shah told me they had to transfer all the licenses into a new architect/engineer. But to do that they had to present the proof that Tony indeed passed away and was not able to sign the transfer himself. And since he was an Israeli national who died in the Philippines they had to find his family to confirm that Tony was indeed who he was. And it was him who died and so on. I don't remember all the details of what was really needed. But he told me that all the documentation was transferred into a new name in April this year. And now all they were expecting was a signature from the Pattaya authorities. Maybe it's this safety certificate that the above poster mentioned.

But seeing as the building is still not finished in many parts. Like no tiles around the swimming pool, gym not finished, foyer not finished I think there is more to this story. I will be in Pattaya from end of December and am ready to join other victims to get to the truth of it together.

When I visited Matrix in July I had a conversation with its current CEO mr. Raz Shah (I think I spelled it correctly). He told me the following story. That when the construction of Art on the Hill only began the CEO was some guy Tony. He was either the main engineer or the architect. And all the permitting documents were in his name. Well this guy went for a trip to the Philippines and while there he had a heart attack and passed away.

As mr. Shah told me they had to transfer all the licenses into a new architect/engineer. But to do that they had to present the proof that Tony indeed passed away and was not able to sign the transfer himself. And since he was an Israeli national who died in the Philippines they had to find his family to confirm that Tony was indeed who he was. And it was him who died and so on. I don't remember all the details of what was really needed. But he told me that all the documentation was transferred into a new name in April this year. And now all they were expecting was a signature from the Pattaya authorities. Maybe it's this safety certificate that the above poster mentioned.

But seeing as the building is still not finished in many parts. Like no tiles around the swimming pool, gym not finished, foyer not finished I think there is more to this story. I will be in Pattaya from end of December and am ready to join other victims to get to the truth of it together.

Than you for adding what Matrix has told you. It seems every buyer gets a different story from Matrix witch makes me worry even more.

I believe if Matrix was honest they would send an email to everyone and I think we would all be much more understanding. Matrix makes no attempt to contact anyone with any form of updates.

Every time people I know talk to them a new pile of excuses come out of their mouth. I have never been told about someone had died. Just stories like "protests in BKK", " waiting for paper work" and so in and so on.

Debating if I should wait, ask for my money back or sell the pile of crap.

I would like to hear what they are saying now when you are there in pattaya. Please let us know.

Noticed all over Patts big projects the cranes not working or no workers spotted..... :Think1:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

[email protected]

Above is the email address for the person of contact from Matrix in customer service.

Hi everyone

Now , I rang and talked to Raz who I think is the boss and in charge of AOTH. He informs me that customer service have started sending out emails to everyone for handover inspections of each apartment. I said I have not recieved any email from customer service of any kind and I have been living here for nearly 4 months.Any how I went and talked to Will from customer service yesterday afternoon and he informs us that the goverment have signed off two out of three documents , the last being where the government comes and does a visual inspection. How will they pass inspection when they have not completed works on AOTH. We now have a date on the 17th of Dec for our first inspection. If you get a date and time of inspection with them make sure Matrix have their engineer at inspection, because the inspection will not count , as we found out yesterday. Because 2 weeks ago we did an inspection with a woman from customer service but she did not bring the engineer.

If you have questions let me know. Matrix are still saying everyone should be in condo in January. Its a bit like Ripelys ( beleive it or not )

Regards Jack

I can't understand why they cant finish the gym, it can take a week, if you really want to get it done, heck I could even give them a hand.  Makes sense about the engineer dying and I can understand it would be a nightmare changing over all the documents.  I'm inspecting my condo on the 19th of December, I was expecting I can move in straight way, but by the sounds of it will be staying in a hotel once again. This happened to me in 2013 as well, when I thought it would be finished.  Anyway, at least it has been built, and we will get to move in eventually.  When I saw the building I was pretty happy with the build quality.  I think the builder has done a great job, they would be contracted by matrix and are probably as pissed of as we are.  Good idea meeting up for coffee. I'm coming on December 18th.

Hi jetsetter111,

Thanks for posting your updates. I hope it is all true this time but I won't hold my breath, I was told basically the same thing about 6 or 9 months ago. Same story, "just waiting on one more of the 3 paperwork to be gone, should be done this month or next" Matrix has lied to my face so many times now that I don't believe a word out of their mouth but I guess it has to come to a head some time I hope.

And now they are giving away free cash

Better they use the money to finish art on the hill first!

matrix.JPG

Hi all

Found out yesterday that the person who died that worked for matrix had nothing to do the hold up of our condo. This came from someone high up in Matrix. Dont want to mention any names yet.

I feel our only chance of getting into our condos is for everyone to band together ASAP. 

Regards Jack

Thanks for the update. It seems like they are lost in their own web of lies. They created so many different stories and probably did not expect us to exchange information.

I think they are lying about everything pretty much. I can probably give an explanation why some people were sent an email that the construction was completed (I received one on the 28th of October 2014).

I contacted Matrix first in June 2013 telling them that the time was up and they had to either give me my condo or give all my money back. They came up with some excuses and that it would be completed in September and offered me a compensation of 10.000 baht for every month of delay. Which will be deducted from the final balance (but I know some people managed to get real cash from them to pay for rented condos). I agreed.

Scroll forward to the summer of 2014. I contacted them again and said I wanted my money back because it was total BS on their side. No reply from Matrix to my email. I then contacted Siam legal advisors and they sent a demand in my name by registered mail and said they could take it to the court. In about 2 weeks I was contacted by Raz Shai who said he wanted to meet me to discuss the matter.

During this meeting he told me the story of deceased guy Tony which already know and told me that the completion was just 1 signature away. And offered to me an additional lump sum compensation of 100.000 baht (on top of 10.000 every month) for my worries. I asked him several times if he was sincere and could guarantee that the building will be finished. He told me he was absolutely sure and promised me it would be completed because the company valued its reputation.

Scroll forward to the 28th of October 2014. I receive the mail that the construction has been completed. Please arrange the date of the inspection and pay the balance. Also there will be NO MORE compensation. And I believe that was the reason I received this email and some did not. I probably got too much compensation out of them compared to others.

By the way what are the documents in Thailand that are a proof that the construction was completed? I couldn't find any accurate information on the web about it. I asked that the matrix sent me the documents proving the fact the construction was completed and received 2 documents by EIA. I'll try to post them in the following message.

Here are 2 documents that Matrix mailed to me upon my inquiry. They are in Thai. I can read Thai a bit and this is what I managed to understand about their contents.

EIA THE ART.pdf

Aor 1 The Art.pdf

The first one is the EIA approval dated May 2, 2014. Basically saying that was an inspection conducted of Art on the Hill project and its impact on the environment.

The second document is called: the permission to make changes to the building. Issued on the 2nd of October 2014 and is valid through the 2nd of October 2015.

Neither of these documents qualify as the proof of the completion of construction. But I have no clue if there is such document in Thailand and what it is called. In Spain where I am from it is called: Permission for first occupation (i,e, the building is allowed to be lived inside) and is issued by the chief construction engineer from the local municipality. I could only guess that Thailand has something similar? 

Thank you very much Vermut12 for your detailed report.

Just to confirm, where do you stand now with getting a refund for your unit in Art on the Hill?

These guys at Matrix are just full of tricks and lies.

Truly is amazing... Condo is not complete yet we were told almost 2 years ago that everything is fine and will be done in matter of months...

Funny is that I had a few potential byers / investors and obviously based on my experience with the Matrix... I've told them to stay a hell away from this company.

I could only guess at this point how much business they have lost already because of lies and empty promises.+

Indeed, we all should get together and have a meeting with the "wonderful" Matrix management to get to the bottom of this nonsense.

Truly is amazing... Condo is not complete yet we were told almost 2 years ago that everything is fine and will be done in matter of months...

Funny is that I had a few potential byers / investors and obviously based on my experience with the Matrix... I've told them to stay a hell away from this company.

I could only guess at this point how much business they have lost already because of lies and empty promises.+

Indeed, we all should get together and have a meeting with the "wonderful" Matrix management to get to the bottom of this nonsense.

Hi Man from Europe.

Yes we need to get as many people together ASAP, hopefully more people will come forward so we can meet and put a stratagy in  place and atrt putting some pressure on matrix. We had our first inspection for defects yesterday. Will from matrix still could not tell me when we could move in. Im sick of this lying. I am catching up with one of our commrades from AOTH soon for coffee so if you are in Pattaya let me know and see if you want to join us

Regards Jack

Hi everyone, had the unit inspection with Will from Matrix. Got the same story about 2 out of 3 documents approved waiting for third. He was saying jan, but realistically expect February or March, in my opinion. Ask about why the gym wasn't finished, they said waiting for goverment approval. That makes sense to me why it hasn't been done, as it would be a separate document. Will said they plan on tiling atrium as concrete finish not standing up well to rain. All in all really disappointed to be over here again and not staying in it. On the plus side, still happy with development, needs a few fishing touches. View from rooftop is amazing. Coffee shop has all the tv's stored and ready to go into the condos, again a good sign that their getting closer to finishing.

Great post Banksy35!

It will be absolutely awesome to finally enjoy our condo... Hoping for the 2015 (first few months).

Once again thanks for sharing this information!

I hope it is all true but I have no faith any more when they say it should be ready in a couple months. As I stated before they have been saying that year after year I will believe it when I see it.

The real issue of concern is why can't Matrix get the paper work approved that is required????

All the other condo projects around town get approval soon after the construction has finished, why can't Matrix???

AOTH for all intensive purposes has been completed for more than two years. In this more than two years time frame I have seen other projects start construction, get paperwork approval and clients moved in! Again I ask why can't Matrix get theirs approved??? Will it ever be approved??

If you put all the evidence together, bad customer service, all the lies they tell different people and their inability to get their paperwork approved tells me there is a major problem and they have a lot to hide. As stated in an earlier post matrix can not get some of their other projects approved either.

To anyone reading this, NEVER BUY FROM MATRIX!!!!

I would agree 100% !!!

I've seen Novana Residence being build and transferred already for example.

Look at this interesting archived article: 

http://www.pattayamail.com/property/matrix-development-opens-door-to-the-view-24377

But read the comments from the current owners bellow (we will be facing the same issue when AOH is finally transferred)

Priceless Quote:

Managing Director Miki Haim commented: “Customers and investors can be assured of peace of mind when investing with Matrix Developments.  Our systematic research and feasibility studies with regards to project locations, residential environment, and marketing allow the high accuracy of estimation of the return of investment for our customers and investors.  Our strong engineering and purchasing strategy allows us to efficiently develop our projects to higher standards whilst maintaining the affordable factor to our customers.”

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/property/matrix-doubles-up-at-opp-awards-for-excellence-2013-33487#sthash.zPMPLzin.dpuf

And how different the real life is...

• 4 weeks later...

Priceless Quote:

Managing Director Miki Haim commented: “Customers and investors can be assured of peace of mind when investing with Matrix Developments.  Our systematic research and feasibility studies with regards to project locations, residential environment, and marketing allow the high accuracy of estimation of the return of investment for our customers and investors.  Our strong engineering and purchasing strategy allows us to efficiently develop our projects to higher standards whilst maintaining the affordable factor to our customers.”

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/property/matrix-doubles-up-at-opp-awards-for-excellence-2013-33487#sthash.zPMPLzin.dpuf

And how different the real life is...

This is an email from Will at matrix from last Friday
As i talked to Mr. Raz yesterday,

Please be informed, he told me that Art On The Hill project is preparing to open the building to the public in the end of January 2015 if everything go smooth, if late maybe a few days from the beginning of February 2015.

All engineers coming to fix defect job in the building now and might be done in a short time such as fitting the lobby, the ground, car park and the roof and including with set up fully furnished in the unit.

After everything done i will make plan to do last inspection with you again later.

Sorry for your inconvenience,

Have a good day both of you.

Best Regards,
WILL

This news sounds a little more detailed than their regular statement of "it will be done next month"

So in my opinion the odds have increased from a 1% chance it will be done in the time frame they stated to a 10%. But I hope I am wrong so we can all move on.

Since I am talking about bets, how long before a thread is started about a delay on the next Matrix project??

Archived