IGNORED

Art on the Hill condo debacle in Pattaya

The Real Pattaya Addict

Hi, Phil

So Matrix said "end of the year"? Did they specify the end of what year? ;)

If you do go see a lawyer, you might want to ask him about the closing costs on title transfer at the Land Department. Thai law states that , for NEW condos, buyer and seller equally share the transfer fee, and ALL other expenses at the Land Department are the responsibility of the seller. Betcha dollars to donuts your Matrix contract doesn't read that way.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, I noticed this posted to Pattaya Condo Spy fb page:

Christopher Bryan Quinn

April 27 at 2:26pm

Vision. We have been emailing matrix developments for weeks to have confirmiation of compensation for delays. Compensation is specifically written in contract if delay is over 180 days. Matrix keep responding with standard emails. The latest : Due to the reasons that had been written in the last Email, such as the protracted political unrest, Political rallies, protests throughout the country which culminated in the fall of government and the military coup, including the declaration of martial law and curfew by the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), it is inevitable that the project will be delayed for few more months. In similar cases in Thailand, the developer had the right to postpone the “hand over key” procedure in such circumstances. This unforeseen situation caused many industries around the country difficulties conducting day to day business, incapable of completing procedures according to time schedule. However, we are at the last stage before completion. I am sure we can work out a solution that will satisfy you. We will be happy to invite you to our office next time you are in Pattaya, so we can talk it over. -- Best regards, Nimrod Irom (Nimi) I am in two minds to fly out to pattaya from UK to get my money back.

Ah Matrix, up to their usual tricks and lies. Worst company ever.

Over a year to do the transfer, just another way they screw people over again and again.

Just waiting to hear what kind of disasters happen with Their project City Centre. I have a friend who bought in that project. I am sure it will be more of the same.

I have always thought of the rights transfer procedure as the weakest point. The money has already been paid (if you want to move in you have to pay the full amount). Does the company incur any costs by keeping these assets on its balance sheet? Are there any taxes or other associated pay outs related to the property? Are there any benefits for them for not transferring the property rights?

Because it seems like they have very little incentives to hurry up.

This problem is easily solved in the West by employing a solicitor who guarantees that the money is there in his/her account and will be paid. But only after the deed transfer. The developer can use solicitors guarantees as a collateral for bank credit. But alas. Nobody has heard of such a thing in Thailand. And thus one has to rely on the honesty of the developer.

Judging by the post above the Vision has been delayed too. And matrix as always makes up some incredible excuses that they were affected by the coup. It's all a load of horse manure. They couldn't have been affected by it even in the slightest possible way. A totally made up story.

There is something seriously wrong going on with this company.

Hi Vermut12,

"I have always thought of the rights transfer procedure as the weakest point. The money has already been paid (if you want to move in you have to pay the full amount). "

That's way too broad a generalization. My contract with Blue Sky states that the final 50% of full purchase price is to be paid at the Land Department at which time the title is transferred. They don't get paid until I get the title. In fact, there is no mention of the key at all. They have a great incentive to perform.

"Does the company incur any costs by keeping these assets on its balance sheet? Are there any taxes or other associated pay outs related to the property? Are there any benefits for them for not transferring the property rights?"

I've seen references to huge tax breaks/refunds if a project is held by a developer for five years or so. I wish someone would spell out the details on this. If I ever see the details, I'll share it here.

"Judging by the post above the Vision has been delayed too. And matrix as always makes up some incredible excuses that they were affected by the coup. It's all a load of horse manure. They couldn't have been affected by it even in the slightest possible way. A totally made up story."

Again, too broad of a generalization, Vermut12. There was in fact an extended period of strict curfew in which no commercial traffic of any kind was permitted from midnight to 6 a.m. (correct me if i got the hours wrong). Developers are requiredto transport their large loads at night only, and are subject to heavy fines if caught outside permitted hours. This did indeed disrupt shipments and could easily result in a cascade of subcontractor delays/disruptions. In my prior career, I dealt with such issues and you might be surprised how one subcontractor can screw up significant parts of a project's schedule. All that being said, I have no doubt at all that Matrix has blamed Force Majeure far exceeding the impact, trying to cover up their own mismanagement and incompetance.

• 3 weeks later...

Just been in Pattaya for the past 2 weeks doing my key handover. All appeared to be in order but when i asked for my compensation the bullshit started to flow.... for 2 weeks i phoned and visited office for my compo which was promised to me upon key handover. got some bullshit about it being authorised by Mr Raz..... long story short Matrix bumped me off and now i am back in UK with no money!

The day i get back i get an email from matrix telling me they will apply for chanote in a few months then deduct these costs from my compensation, then pay me the balance! I'm bloody annoyed because this chanote has nothing to do with my compo. I have told them to pay up and invoice me later for the chanote as it could take a long time.

someone spoke about getting lawyered up (phil i think).... anyone else considering this?

My mate just used British Law in pattaya to get his money back for the new Matrix shamble "Vision". A simple letter from lawyer had them scared enough to pay my friend straight back!

I was also told the compensation I was promised would be deducted from my chinote, the tax you pay at the land transfer office. God only knows how long that will take to happen. Another year?

Just been in Pattaya for the past 2 weeks doing my key handover. All appeared to be in order but when i asked for my compensation the bullshit started to flow.... for 2 weeks i phoned and visited office for my compo which was promised to me upon key handover. got some bullshit about it being authorised by Mr Raz..... long story short Matrix bumped me off and now i am back in UK with no money!

The day i get back i get an email from matrix telling me they will apply for chanote in a few months then deduct these costs from my compensation, then pay me the balance! I'm bloody annoyed because this chanote has nothing to do with my compo. I have told them to pay up and invoice me later for the chanote as it could take a long time.

someone spoke about getting lawyered up (phil i think).... anyone else considering this?

My mate just used British Law in pattaya to get his money back for the new Matrix shamble "Vision". A simple letter from lawyer had them scared enough to pay my friend straight back!

You mentioned that you knew some one who bought at the VISION, I am very curious to hear what happened on that project? Same issues that we had on AOH or worse? What was the lawyer able to do for your friend?5

The lying cunts! They been telling me they have already applied for the Chanote months ago. Until that's done you can't register the meters and so you pay slightly over DOUBLE for your electric and water rates!!

Also Matrix still own your place until the Chanote and they get off on some land tax if they delay on purpose the transfer so I've heard via British Law. It's a ducking scam. All the time your paying $$$$$$ on elec and water while these fucking cunts save $$$$$$ off your back!!!!

Defo want to get legal advice now I see they just fully lying to everyone. Still.

You mentioned that you knew some one who bought at the VISION, I am very curious to hear what happened on that project? Same issues that we had on AOH or worse? What was the lawyer able to do for your friend?5

yes, he got fed up with all the delays on the vision project and after i told him the trouble i have been having with AOTH he immediately went to British law and had them write a letter on behalf of him wishing to claim the 2 or 3 deposits back he had made toward the unit. This was done under the 181 day clause in the contract. (project delays) He agreed a one-off fee with the lawyer to write this letter and walked into matrix head office with the letter in hand. they paid him back immediately. didn't even try blaming the delays on the coup! etc etc.... British Law actually told him he could claim some compo too but he was happy to get his money back and run.

I think i am gonna use british law to draft me a letter explaining that i am entitled to receive my compo in cash and i may even push for more compo as it's cost me an absolute fortune flying back and forth for 3 years under the promise that my unit would be finished.

I am so angry with Matrix and i think we are all being too soft on them. They are not Thai and neither are we so "Mai Pen Rai" simply does not cut it for any of us.

The lying cunts! They been telling me they have already applied for the Chanote months ago. Until that's done you can't register the meters and so you pay slightly over DOUBLE for your electric and water rates!!

Also Matrix still own your place until the Chanote and they get off on some land tax if they delay on purpose the transfer so I've heard via British Law. It's a ducking scam. All the time your paying $$$$$$ on elec and water while these fucking cunts save $$$$$$ off your back!!!!

Defo want to get legal advice now I see they just fully lying to everyone. Still.

Phil, thanks for your response! I wish i took the time to tap you up while i was out there so we could have formulated some kind of plan or at least banged our heads together. 

Matrix have told me 3-4 months before they even apply for chanote but your case may be different. They are out to slither and slip their way out of paying me out. I think they have even quoted me over 100,000 thb for the chanote which can not be right. far as i can tell the chanote should be 2.5% of the value of the unit plus 0.5% stamp duty (as i am not living there, only for holidaying) which for me works out at around 42000thb. Don't quote me on those percentages though.

I think British Law are getting quite a bit of work from people in our situation and are more than familiar with the goings on in Matrix.

If we could employ them to force the chanote through and see to it that we are charged the correct amount as set by the government, that would be great. And if you are able to agree a price with them for a few of us that would also be great.

My next trip is in December so once again hands are tied and i am reduced to constantly emailing matrix and receiving 2 replies per month if lucky.

Whooshbang, Thai regulations state the buyer is responsible for one half of the transfer tax, the seller pays half AND the seller pays all other Land Department fees, including the stamp tax. This applies to new condo title transfers only.

This situation looks ripe for the threat of a class action suit. If it was me, I'd go for complete refund plus interest and compensation for expenses, then buy a condo with first class quality and facilities. (i.e. NOT a Matrix development).

Whooshbang, Thai regulations state the buyer is responsible for one half of the transfer tax, the seller pays half AND the seller pays all other Land Department fees, including the stamp tax. This applies to new condo title transfers only.

This situation looks ripe for the threat of a class action suit. If it was me, I'd go for complete refund plus interest and compensation for expenses, then buy a condo with first class quality and facilities. (i.e. NOT a Matrix development).

sounds good but i just signed for handover of key so maybe its too late for refunds!

sounds good but i just signed for handover of key so maybe its too late for refunds!

Does your contract tie compensation for delay to key handover? Something I'd bring up with the lawyer.

Edit: btw, pattaya condo spy fb page has updates on Matrix. They would be interested in your friend's dealings with matrix.

Does your contract tie compensation for delay to key handover? Something I'd bring up with the lawyer.

Edit: btw, pattaya condo spy fb page has updates on Matrix. They would be interested in your friend's dealings with matrix.

my compensation agreement is a separate agreement and it does stipulate that no other claims may be made. 

I will mention it to my friend but he is off shore currently and i'm not certain when he will be back.

my compensation agreement is a separate agreement and it does stipulate that no other claims may be made. 

I will mention it to my friend but he is off shore currently and i'm not certain when he will be back.

Wasn't aware of your comp agreement. Sorry to hear that. :(

Wasn't aware of your comp agreement. Sorry to hear that. :(

no probs. 

i basically moaned about the delays and they got me in the office to sign a 10,000 thb per month compo agreement. they owe me 16 months worth and getting them to pay is becoming a problem.

I may ask a lawyer about getting everything back though. nearly 4 years later and i don't even care about the unit now. just one big headache really.

no probs. 

i basically moaned about the delays and they got me in the office to sign a 10,000 thb per month compo agreement. they owe me 16 months worth and getting them to pay is becoming a problem.

I may ask a lawyer about getting everything back though. nearly 4 years later and i don't even care about the unit now. just one big headache really.

There you go, they are in breach of the comp agreement, a good lawyer could drive a truck thru that. I'd still go as I stated a couple posts ago.

Sorry to but in, however all this talk of law....I think any faith in the Thai justice system is probably misplaced....

thinking about people who bought into the Harlequin development But found the authorities not much use when they were blatantly cheated

Sorry to but in, however all this talk of law....I think any faith in the Thai justice system is probably misplaced....

thinking about people who bought into the Harlequin development But found the authorities not much use when they were blatantly cheated

http://www.expatsblog.com/news/2702146008/pattaya-condo-scam-victims-win-at-court

"The Thai courts are ruling that either buyers should be refunded their entire purchase price or the so-called present owners of the development should hand over the deeds and cover all outstanding charges."

P.S. Given the current government's drive against corruption (at least of the former ppl in charge, lol) this might be the right time to make headway.

I am not sure it would even go to court..... i think Matrix will settle out of court once threatened by a reputable lawyer. The last thing they want is law suits against them..... win or lose. I'd be willing to pay some money to a lawyer just to give Matrix a kick up the arse..... if it works then great, but if Matrix wanna go court (and i doubt they will) i'll be there!

http://www.expatsblog.com/news/2702146008/pattaya-condo-scam-victims-win-at-court

"The Thai courts are ruling that either buyers should be refunded their entire purchase price or the so-called present owners of the development should hand over the deeds and cover all outstanding charges."

P.S. Given the current government's drive against corruption (at least of the former ppl in charge, lol) this might be the right time to make headway.

well said and food for thought. thank you

Seems more than one issue here. The comp non payment plus the Chanote scam

I will be in town in a month or two if anyone wants to meet up compare notes or form some kind of group and see a lawyer.

This went up today....

acb2e81ba666c017fc2b7dc9c74f0d24.jpg

Back to "construction mode" for this cluster fuck apartment complex

Archived